Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | "Pair Finder" breeding spreadsheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hey all! I put together this spreadsheet/script for my own use and thought now that it's all nice and cleaned up, I should share it with the world in case y'all might find it useful. The idea is: you have a lair full of dragons and you want to breed for a specific color pattern, but going through all of those dragon options by hand will take foreverrrr. Enter the Pair Finder! It takes a bit of setting-up - you have to add all your dragons to it - but once you've done that, you can just enter which Primary, Secondary and/or Tertiary colors you want to breed for and the spreadsheet will do the work! The potential pairs are sorted by the least variability of offspring to the most, can tell you when you can next breed each pair of dragons, and exclude any dragons that are marked as too closely related. [b]Blank version you can copy[/b] [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aExbYPZH1VhtbzKvH307DAkUgQV-ASQpTRk-qiwLf3w/edit?usp=sharing]on Google Sheets[/url] [b]Screenshots:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UwtjmKJ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/S9D4dgz.png[/img] If you have any questions, feedback, or problems, please ping me!
Hey all! I put together this spreadsheet/script for my own use and thought now that it's all nice and cleaned up, I should share it with the world in case y'all might find it useful.

The idea is: you have a lair full of dragons and you want to breed for a specific color pattern, but going through all of those dragon options by hand will take foreverrrr.

Enter the Pair Finder! It takes a bit of setting-up - you have to add all your dragons to it - but once you've done that, you can just enter which Primary, Secondary and/or Tertiary colors you want to breed for and the spreadsheet will do the work!

The potential pairs are sorted by the least variability of offspring to the most, can tell you when you can next breed each pair of dragons, and exclude any dragons that are marked as too closely related.

Blank version you can copy on Google Sheets

Screenshots:
UwtjmKJ.png
S9D4dgz.png

If you have any questions, feedback, or problems, please ping me!
This is great! :) Can I be on pinglists for updates, please? (Edit: If you're planning to have such a thing, I mean!)

Thank you!
This is great! :) Can I be on pinglists for updates, please? (Edit: If you're planning to have such a thing, I mean!)

Thank you!
dNCLmdm.png
UK; sleeping 4pm-2am FRT // Pronouns: they/them // Feedback
~
Signature generator // Calendar of flight festivals until Sept 2019
[quote name="Cassolotl" date=2017-10-17 11:41:37] This is great! :) Can I be on pinglists for updates, please? (Edit: If you're planning to have such a thing, I mean!) Thank you! [/quote] Sure thing! I'll be happy to keep a pinglist in case there are future updates, that's no problem~
Cassolotl wrote on 2017-10-17:

Thank you!

Sure thing! I'll be happy to keep a pinglist in case there are future updates, that's no problem~
@Avis Awesome! Thank you! :)
@Avis Awesome! Thank you! :)
dNCLmdm.png
UK; sleeping 4pm-2am FRT // Pronouns: they/them // Feedback
~
Signature generator // Calendar of flight festivals until Sept 2019
Ooh, I didn't know I needed this until I saw it! This should be the perfect tool to wrangle all my breeding project dragons and find the best pairs to get my target dragon. Thank you!
Ooh, I didn't know I needed this until I saw it! This should be the perfect tool to wrangle all my breeding project dragons and find the best pairs to get my target dragon. Thank you!
TFmPIfy.png
@Avis

You.... you good citizen of Flight Rising are amazing! This is exactly what I have been trying to find or figure out how to do with my far too many breeding projects and sorting everything!
@Avis

You.... you good citizen of Flight Rising are amazing! This is exactly what I have been trying to find or figure out how to do with my far too many breeding projects and sorting everything!
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@Avis

I keep getting an error when I try yo figure out pairs. Maybe because I have too many dragons in the sheet?
@Avis

I keep getting an error when I try yo figure out pairs. Maybe because I have too many dragons in the sheet?
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
@Rosekitten Oh no! What's the error? I'm pretty sure I set it so it can accommodate up to 200 of male and female dragons, each, so that shouldn't be the problem.
@Rosekitten Oh no! What's the error? I'm pretty sure I set it so it can accommodate up to 200 of male and female dragons, each, so that shouldn't be the problem.
@Avis

just says #ERROR!
it seems to auto highlight where abyss is and paint it that color too.

https://imgur.com/a/5j5Nd

here's a screen cap of it.

edit: unless somewhere vermilion or radioactive is mistyped. i'll have a look at my sheet. (with two kids that is highly likely)

edit 2:
got the colors working but still comes up with error.
@Avis

just says #ERROR!
it seems to auto highlight where abyss is and paint it that color too.

https://imgur.com/a/5j5Nd

here's a screen cap of it.

edit: unless somewhere vermilion or radioactive is mistyped. i'll have a look at my sheet. (with two kids that is highly likely)

edit 2:
got the colors working but still comes up with error.
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
@Rosekitten

Radioactive and Vermillion should be being colored, too, so I'm thinking something is messing up when it tries to run those colors. If you don't mind sharing your sheet with me (view only is fine) via a message, I can take a look and see if I can track down if it's a data-entry error or a script error for you.
@Rosekitten

Radioactive and Vermillion should be being colored, too, so I'm thinking something is messing up when it tries to run those colors. If you don't mind sharing your sheet with me (view only is fine) via a message, I can take a look and see if I can track down if it's a data-entry error or a script error for you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8