Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | "Pair Finder" breeding spreadsheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This spreadsheet has been a great help, thanks a lot for sharing it!
This spreadsheet has been a great help, thanks a lot for sharing it!
1374_250px_widmo_by_miirshroom-dbua899.png
@Avis Hello there, sorry to bother you! I am absolutely in love with this spreadsheet, it's exactly what I need for a current project. But I seem to be having an issue with the Target tab, where it's telling me the "result was not a number" I'm not sure if I entered something wrong or not, but I was hoping you could help me figure it out.
Here's a link to the sheet in my drive:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uIxf0ee6_itqe3Ei_DLKkmyTG6Rn-PIY95MbslUeaMA/edit?usp=sharing

sorry again for bugging you!

Edited to add: Ummmm, it looks like it resolved itself? Somehow? Unless you snuck in thre and fixed things while I wasn't looking. Quick and ninjalike, haha. So please disregard this post I guess. XD
@Avis Hello there, sorry to bother you! I am absolutely in love with this spreadsheet, it's exactly what I need for a current project. But I seem to be having an issue with the Target tab, where it's telling me the "result was not a number" I'm not sure if I entered something wrong or not, but I was hoping you could help me figure it out.
Here's a link to the sheet in my drive:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uIxf0ee6_itqe3Ei_DLKkmyTG6Rn-PIY95MbslUeaMA/edit?usp=sharing

sorry again for bugging you!

Edited to add: Ummmm, it looks like it resolved itself? Somehow? Unless you snuck in thre and fixed things while I wasn't looking. Quick and ninjalike, haha. So please disregard this post I guess. XD
il_75x75.1312599259_4fno.jpgyGoZ2OC.png.a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.png
@Hyululu Nope that was just normal computer magic, not me, but I'm glad it's fixed! Feel free to ping me again if you run into any other issues.
@Hyululu Nope that was just normal computer magic, not me, but I'm glad it's fixed! Feel free to ping me again if you run into any other issues.
@Avis Thanks for getting back to me! I recently had the same issue again, but I figured out what was going on. Apparently when I only entered a few dragons, and then set up my target colors, and then added more dragons to the list... the sheet would get very confused?
But if I just clear out the target tab before adding more dragons, and enter my target data AFTERwards, all's well. Interesting little quirk but I'm glad I managed to solve the mystery, lol
(Honestly I thought I was just breaking it repeatedly)

Anyway thanks again! This sheet is so good that I had to go screaming to my gene project friends and share it with them, haha
@Avis Thanks for getting back to me! I recently had the same issue again, but I figured out what was going on. Apparently when I only entered a few dragons, and then set up my target colors, and then added more dragons to the list... the sheet would get very confused?
But if I just clear out the target tab before adding more dragons, and enter my target data AFTERwards, all's well. Interesting little quirk but I'm glad I managed to solve the mystery, lol
(Honestly I thought I was just breaking it repeatedly)

Anyway thanks again! This sheet is so good that I had to go screaming to my gene project friends and share it with them, haha
il_75x75.1312599259_4fno.jpgyGoZ2OC.png.a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.png
@Avis
As someone with a breeding project for a combo that doesn't exist, this is super helpful! Thank you!

PS - please ping me for updates.

ETA: After looking at the results, all I can say is "wow, no wonder figuring this out by hand has been a nightmare."
@Avis
As someone with a breeding project for a combo that doesn't exist, this is super helpful! Thank you!

PS - please ping me for updates.

ETA: After looking at the results, all I can say is "wow, no wonder figuring this out by hand has been a nightmare."
Art by Drytil
@Avis

This looks excellent! I can really use this! Although, I've never used this program before and I don't know how to get out of view mode and make my own ^^;. Is there something I need to do before I get started? I will admit I get a bit over whelmed when it comes to big programs like this haha
@Avis

This looks excellent! I can really use this! Although, I've never used this program before and I don't know how to get out of view mode and make my own ^^;. Is there something I need to do before I get started? I will admit I get a bit over whelmed when it comes to big programs like this haha
@Hyululu Ahh! Yeah, adding new dragons can sometimes cause weird things to happens, but you can always just force it to recalculate the results by, say, changing the Max Range and then changing it back, without having to mess with the colors.

@Addmon Glad it's helping! :D Good luck getting that combo, it looks like it might be kind of a challenge.

@squishy0599 You'll need to copy the file to your own Google account. If you click on the File menu, there should be an option "Make a copy" - click on it to make a copy of the spreadsheet to use. Then you should be able to access your copy from Google Sheets any time! Let me know if you have any other questions.
@Hyululu Ahh! Yeah, adding new dragons can sometimes cause weird things to happens, but you can always just force it to recalculate the results by, say, changing the Max Range and then changing it back, without having to mess with the colors.

@Addmon Glad it's helping! :D Good luck getting that combo, it looks like it might be kind of a challenge.

@squishy0599 You'll need to copy the file to your own Google account. If you click on the File menu, there should be an option "Make a copy" - click on it to make a copy of the spreadsheet to use. Then you should be able to access your copy from Google Sheets any time! Let me know if you have any other questions.
@Avis Ooh, thanks for the tip! That'll make things go quicker
@Avis Ooh, thanks for the tip! That'll make things go quicker
@Avis

Thank you so much! Could I be put on a pinglist for any updates?
@Avis

Thank you so much! Could I be put on a pinglist for any updates?
@squishy0599 Sure thing! I don't anticipate any updates in the near future unless someone finds a bug, but you never know.
@squishy0599 Sure thing! I don't anticipate any updates in the near future unless someone finds a bug, but you never know.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8