Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | desperate for aether gene expansion
1 2 3 4 5
as a mega-fan of aethers, I would enjoy them getting more love. however I would still probably slap starfall and stinger on everyone
as a mega-fan of aethers, I would enjoy them getting more love. however I would still probably slap starfall and stinger on everyone
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Wholeheartedly agree!! I need the crystal, facet, wasp, bee, glimmer Aethers.

I think shaggy and wintercoat would be amazing to give them their ultimate fuzzy look.
Wholeheartedly agree!! I need the crystal, facet, wasp, bee, glimmer Aethers.

I think shaggy and wintercoat would be amazing to give them their ultimate fuzzy look.
I think Shardflank would be great for Aethers. They deserve some arcane crystals
I think Shardflank would be great for Aethers. They deserve some arcane crystals
Same, Aether are currently my least fave breed simply because I have very few options. Candy/Icing are some of those few genes that still make me like them, but I know this will change once they get an expansion, they're adorable but just have so little to them.

I would honestly prefer if future Ancients were getting released at a slower pace but with more genes upon release, like it was with Auraboa. That's why the Auraboa were such a hit, at least for me.

Some genes I'm desperately hoping to see on Aether are:

Giraffe/Hex
Pinstripe/Trail
Okapi
Capsule
Ground/Fissure
Fern/Paisley
Ripple/Current
Peacock
Thylacine
Runes
Same, Aether are currently my least fave breed simply because I have very few options. Candy/Icing are some of those few genes that still make me like them, but I know this will change once they get an expansion, they're adorable but just have so little to them.

I would honestly prefer if future Ancients were getting released at a slower pace but with more genes upon release, like it was with Auraboa. That's why the Auraboa were such a hit, at least for me.

Some genes I'm desperately hoping to see on Aether are:

Giraffe/Hex
Pinstripe/Trail
Okapi
Capsule
Ground/Fissure
Fern/Paisley
Ripple/Current
Peacock
Thylacine
Runes
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
patiently awaiting this. gnarlhorns would be great if the canvas allowed for it. alas, i imagine it'd be very cramped unfortunately... would love to see them get ([i]ancient-specific tertwise because i imagine every breed will eventually share non-line-breaking prims/secs at some point[/i]); augment, batty, [b]beetle[/b], [b]chitin[/b], [b]diaphanous[/b], featherbeard, fishbone, [b]frills[/b], [b][u]jellyfish[/u][/b], medusa, [b]mucous[/b], [b]paradise[/b], polypore, [b]scuttle[/b], skeletal, spectre, squiggle, [b]tentacles[/b], thorns, topcoat, trimmings... i can dream big... but obviously whatever we get will be great so long as it's given enough time in the oven. i'm patient. [emoji=cat 2 size=1]
patiently awaiting this. gnarlhorns would be great if the canvas allowed for it. alas, i imagine it'd be very cramped unfortunately...

would love to see them get (ancient-specific tertwise because i imagine every breed will eventually share non-line-breaking prims/secs at some point); augment, batty, beetle, chitin, diaphanous, featherbeard, fishbone, frills, jellyfish, medusa, mucous, paradise, polypore, scuttle, skeletal, spectre, squiggle, tentacles, thorns, topcoat, trimmings...

i can dream big... but obviously whatever we get will be great so long as it's given enough time in the oven. i'm patient.
nzqnkq.png
aethers deserve every existing bug-based gene and I'm STUNNED they [i]only[/i] got pet/butt, like where's beetle, diaphanous, sphinx/hawk, and wasp/bee that aside I just wish they had more genes that affect the underbelly/horns like glimmer or capsule, or like people have pointed out why on EARTH did the arcane ancient of all things not get runes?? my big wants personally are all the genes I've mentioned, but also I'd love rag/tear, branches, augment, thylacine, paradise, varn/lacq, pin/trail, chitin (I'll forgive this since it didn't exist until after aethers launched), peacock, blossom, jellyfish, cherub/seraph, harle/jest, poi/tox... the list could go on for ages, I just want some variety in my goobers [quote name="Mynia" date="2024-02-26 05:09:04" ]Though I suspect we'll be getting an expansion for Veilspun before Aether get one but who knows; I don't expect anything else imminently at least :P [/quote] I'm pretty sure it's confirmed they're going in order, then doubling back around to older breeds once every ancient gets their chance at an expansion
aethers deserve every existing bug-based gene and I'm STUNNED they only got pet/butt, like where's beetle, diaphanous, sphinx/hawk, and wasp/bee

that aside I just wish they had more genes that affect the underbelly/horns like glimmer or capsule, or like people have pointed out why on EARTH did the arcane ancient of all things not get runes??

my big wants personally are all the genes I've mentioned, but also I'd love rag/tear, branches, augment, thylacine, paradise, varn/lacq, pin/trail, chitin (I'll forgive this since it didn't exist until after aethers launched), peacock, blossom, jellyfish, cherub/seraph, harle/jest, poi/tox... the list could go on for ages, I just want some variety in my goobers
Mynia wrote on 2024-02-26 05:09:04:
Though I suspect we'll be getting an expansion for Veilspun before Aether get one but who knows; I don't expect anything else imminently at least :P

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed they're going in order, then doubling back around to older breeds once every ancient gets their chance at an expansion
For those curious- Sandsurges and Aethers will seemingly be getting an expansion next before veils. I found a post in the thread called "#JusticeForVeilspuns" regarding it. [quote=Undel] Breeds are not limited to one gene expansion. We're still working on genes for Veilspun, Gaoler, Banescale, (and even aberration... again!) even though they have all already had expansions. The same goes for working on genes for Undertide, Aether, and Sandsurge; though the latter three have not had an expansion and are likely to receive one before we circle back and do round 2 on some of the other breeds. Veilspun didn't get the line-breaker tertiaries of other breeds because that was something that we were still feeling out. Getting some of the line-breaking genes from other ancient breeds created for more breeds is something that we as a team are enthusiastic about.[/quote] Since Undertides had their expansion recently...Aethers are likely next based on this order! Though I'd like to wait a while before another expansion...we got so many this run for the water noodles! That being said, my main hopes would be Runes, Shardflank, and Paradise. Maybe Blossom. And some more color changing primaries/secondaries. [s]And if we get something akin to the surprise Jellyfish in Undertide's expansion, I'd hope for a new gene of course. Still want more Modern genes in general as well since now Undertides actually exceed them apparently.[/s]
For those curious- Sandsurges and Aethers will seemingly be getting an expansion next before veils. I found a post in the thread called "#JusticeForVeilspuns" regarding it.
Undel wrote:
Breeds are not limited to one gene expansion. We're still working on genes for Veilspun, Gaoler, Banescale, (and even aberration... again!) even though they have all already had expansions.

The same goes for working on genes for Undertide, Aether, and Sandsurge; though the latter three have not had an expansion and are likely to receive one before we circle back and do round 2 on some of the other breeds.

Veilspun didn't get the line-breaker tertiaries of other breeds because that was something that we were still feeling out. Getting some of the line-breaking genes from other ancient breeds created for more breeds is something that we as a team are enthusiastic about.

Since Undertides had their expansion recently...Aethers are likely next based on this order! Though I'd like to wait a while before another expansion...we got so many this run for the water noodles! That being said, my main hopes would be Runes, Shardflank, and Paradise. Maybe Blossom. And some more color changing primaries/secondaries.

And if we get something akin to the surprise Jellyfish in Undertide's expansion, I'd hope for a new gene of course. Still want more Modern genes in general as well since now Undertides actually exceed them apparently.
x72ysXo.png
Aethers are one of my favorite ancients, I’m definitely looking forward to their eventual gene expansion!

I’d love to see them get Harlequin/Jester, Wasp/Bee, Ripple/Current, Savannah/Safari, plus Blossom, Glimmer, Capsule, Opal, and Angler.
Aethers are one of my favorite ancients, I’m definitely looking forward to their eventual gene expansion!

I’d love to see them get Harlequin/Jester, Wasp/Bee, Ripple/Current, Savannah/Safari, plus Blossom, Glimmer, Capsule, Opal, and Angler.
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
SOAP PLEEEEEEASE
SOAP PLEEEEEEASE
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
Aether are the next ancients planned to get a gene expansion, though we don't have an ETA on when that will be. :) Definitely after Undertide's expansion thread is finished off and closed out and we've got the universal modern and ancient gene threads up for technical errors. (The universal threads are planned to be ongoing and will theoretically never be closed out.)

Here are the current totals as of 3/23/24 for those who are curious. This counts primary basic, secondary basic, and tertiary basic as genes.
  • Moderns: 124 Genes
  • Aberration: 106 Genes
  • Aether: 75 Genes
  • Auraboa: 89 Genes
  • Banescale: 92 Genes
  • Gaoler: 89 Genes
  • Sandsurge: 85 Genes
  • Undertide: 131 Genes
  • Veilspun: 82 Genes
Aether are the next ancients planned to get a gene expansion, though we don't have an ETA on when that will be. :) Definitely after Undertide's expansion thread is finished off and closed out and we've got the universal modern and ancient gene threads up for technical errors. (The universal threads are planned to be ongoing and will theoretically never be closed out.)

Here are the current totals as of 3/23/24 for those who are curious. This counts primary basic, secondary basic, and tertiary basic as genes.
  • Moderns: 124 Genes
  • Aberration: 106 Genes
  • Aether: 75 Genes
  • Auraboa: 89 Genes
  • Banescale: 92 Genes
  • Gaoler: 89 Genes
  • Sandsurge: 85 Genes
  • Undertide: 131 Genes
  • Veilspun: 82 Genes
1 2 3 4 5