Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | STOP, with the Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6
They can't Breed with other Ancients or Commons so it almost impossible to find a mate if you only got 1. And they can't ware Apparel so you can't really Do anything with them!

Please, just go back to making common breeds that are more versatile fun to play with.
They can't Breed with other Ancients or Commons so it almost impossible to find a mate if you only got 1. And they can't ware Apparel so you can't really Do anything with them!

Please, just go back to making common breeds that are more versatile fun to play with.
ZNhRsiG.png
Much Love for Skydancers!
But with modern breeds there's the whole issue of a 5+ year wait between breeds. Or was it 7+? I've honestly forgotten how long the wait between the last two modern breeds was and it'll only get longer with all of the new apparel and genes that have come out since.

And there are plenty of people who love the Ancient breeds with their varied body plans and line breaking tertiary genes.
But with modern breeds there's the whole issue of a 5+ year wait between breeds. Or was it 7+? I've honestly forgotten how long the wait between the last two modern breeds was and it'll only get longer with all of the new apparel and genes that have come out since.

And there are plenty of people who love the Ancient breeds with their varied body plans and line breaking tertiary genes.
Nah. I like them. Give me more.
Nah. I like them. Give me more.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
the whole thing with modern breeds is that any new breed has to have all of the modern genes AND apparel artwork edited to fit the new pose. with THOUSANDS of pieces of apparel available, it is a lot of effort to do that, and so it takes a lot of time to make modern dragons available

ancient breeds are a compromise so that we don't have to wait years and years in between breed releases. I don't like that you can't dress them either, but the alternative is only slightly faster modern breed releases (but still years between them), so this is the best way to mitigate that

edit:
oh and the other thing is that modern breeds are limited to the four legs, two wings model, again so that they fit the existing site apparel. ancients are a way to make breeds that can have different numbers of limbs, as well as line-breaking terts that also would clip through apparel if they were put onto modern breeds
the whole thing with modern breeds is that any new breed has to have all of the modern genes AND apparel artwork edited to fit the new pose. with THOUSANDS of pieces of apparel available, it is a lot of effort to do that, and so it takes a lot of time to make modern dragons available

ancient breeds are a compromise so that we don't have to wait years and years in between breed releases. I don't like that you can't dress them either, but the alternative is only slightly faster modern breed releases (but still years between them), so this is the best way to mitigate that

edit:
oh and the other thing is that modern breeds are limited to the four legs, two wings model, again so that they fit the existing site apparel. ancients are a way to make breeds that can have different numbers of limbs, as well as line-breaking terts that also would clip through apparel if they were put onto modern breeds
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
i would agree if there was a world where we could get modern breeds more than once every 5 years lol
i would agree if there was a world where we could get modern breeds more than once every 5 years lol
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
I understand where some of your frustrations are coming from since I like apparel and breeding as well, but the staff has decent motivations for making ancients. It allows them to release breeds more often (the fact we got two this year is super amazing and an impressive accomplishment art and effort wise) without having to redraw every gene and piece of apparel for them. The gap between bogsneaks and obelisks was multiple years because of this, and there are still plenty of modern breeds to enjoy dressing and breeding. Also for me, getting into ancient umas and fest skins helped with the dressing up aspect they were lacking.
I understand where some of your frustrations are coming from since I like apparel and breeding as well, but the staff has decent motivations for making ancients. It allows them to release breeds more often (the fact we got two this year is super amazing and an impressive accomplishment art and effort wise) without having to redraw every gene and piece of apparel for them. The gap between bogsneaks and obelisks was multiple years because of this, and there are still plenty of modern breeds to enjoy dressing and breeding. Also for me, getting into ancient umas and fest skins helped with the dressing up aspect they were lacking.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
There are separate art teams working on ancient breeds. It doesn't impact how long it takes to make modern breeds in any way. A modern breed takes 6+ years to make. The whole reason we have ancients is so that we can regularly have new dragons.

It's not impossible to find them a mate... Sandsurges just released today, so yes they will be stupidly expensive. Give it a couple of months at most, and you'll be able to get pretty sandsurges for fodder prices.

As for apparel...I don't use it at all, even with my modern dragons. We all have different playstyles and certain aspects of the game aren't going to be for everyone. Ancients aren't your thing, and that's ok! Many other players love them, myself included (even if I don't have any atm, I will eventually). I much prefer their diversity in body shape and number of limbs, and their freaky terts, to more apparel for a modern dragon.
There are separate art teams working on ancient breeds. It doesn't impact how long it takes to make modern breeds in any way. A modern breed takes 6+ years to make. The whole reason we have ancients is so that we can regularly have new dragons.

It's not impossible to find them a mate... Sandsurges just released today, so yes they will be stupidly expensive. Give it a couple of months at most, and you'll be able to get pretty sandsurges for fodder prices.

As for apparel...I don't use it at all, even with my modern dragons. We all have different playstyles and certain aspects of the game aren't going to be for everyone. Ancients aren't your thing, and that's ok! Many other players love them, myself included (even if I don't have any atm, I will eventually). I much prefer their diversity in body shape and number of limbs, and their freaky terts, to more apparel for a modern dragon.
What everyone has said here is valid, and if you do not enjoy ancient breeds you do not have to get any. I hoard aethers and that's it for me! Love those funky lil guys
What everyone has said here is valid, and if you do not enjoy ancient breeds you do not have to get any. I hoard aethers and that's it for me! Love those funky lil guys
m99z0pU.png
D96HSb9.png
JvUa9ma.pngo6n8ZXM.png5hF3FGk.png
Like the others have said, Ancients are the compromise. I personally like them, but I know not everyone does. Which is ok!

But modern breeds take years to complete. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of it is the backlog of apparel. I'd rather have Ancients than no breeds at all between moderns.

I need to learn how to spell, lordy
Like the others have said, Ancients are the compromise. I personally like them, but I know not everyone does. Which is ok!

But modern breeds take years to complete. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of it is the backlog of apparel. I'd rather have Ancients than no breeds at all between moderns.

I need to learn how to spell, lordy
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Ancients are intended to be a compromise where you can’t dress them but you can instead use wacky genes and have absurd body types.
Ancients are intended to be a compromise where you can’t dress them but you can instead use wacky genes and have absurd body types.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6