Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | STOP, with the Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:15:21" ] [Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change. For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck! [/quote] ...but you can also buy dragons on the Auction House? Like is it actually that rare for people to buy permas and project dragons off the Auction House? Because that's the impression that today has given me.
MageGirl wrote on 2023-07-19 13:15:21:
[Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change.

For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck!

...but you can also buy dragons on the Auction House?

Like is it actually that rare for people to buy permas and project dragons off the Auction House? Because that's the impression that today has given me.
It takes years to release a single modern dragon due to the sheer amount of apparel there is on-site, for both poses, so double that. Ancients are also a way to get really funky with body proportions and tertiary genes, SINCE they cannot wear apparel. Trying to dress a Banescale with Gliders or Gaoler with fans would be impossible.

I understand your frustration. Trust me, everyone here would love a new shining dragon they can dress up, but devs literally can't release a modern on a whim. Ancients are a compromise. If you don't want to buy the new breeds, no one will judge you! And if you do, just wait a little, and the prices on AH will go down; most of us aren't rushing to buy the gem scroll :o)

There are people that would be willing to wait the years for a new modern, and perhaps you are one of them - but most players just don't want to wait this long. And with no new content to keep them entertained, those users leave, thus "taking away" money from the site, whether from ads or gem purchases. Less money means less content. Less content means less players. And so the Ouroboros goes until it has nothing left to eat.

TL;DR: Ancients are essential to keep the site running. New content keeps players on site :o)

Editing to say that moderns ARE likely in the work; they never said that there won't be no more! It simply takes a very long time to get that done, as stated above.
It takes years to release a single modern dragon due to the sheer amount of apparel there is on-site, for both poses, so double that. Ancients are also a way to get really funky with body proportions and tertiary genes, SINCE they cannot wear apparel. Trying to dress a Banescale with Gliders or Gaoler with fans would be impossible.

I understand your frustration. Trust me, everyone here would love a new shining dragon they can dress up, but devs literally can't release a modern on a whim. Ancients are a compromise. If you don't want to buy the new breeds, no one will judge you! And if you do, just wait a little, and the prices on AH will go down; most of us aren't rushing to buy the gem scroll :o)

There are people that would be willing to wait the years for a new modern, and perhaps you are one of them - but most players just don't want to wait this long. And with no new content to keep them entertained, those users leave, thus "taking away" money from the site, whether from ads or gem purchases. Less money means less content. Less content means less players. And so the Ouroboros goes until it has nothing left to eat.

TL;DR: Ancients are essential to keep the site running. New content keeps players on site :o)

Editing to say that moderns ARE likely in the work; they never said that there won't be no more! It simply takes a very long time to get that done, as stated above.
paLKdZ5.png |
|
|
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSuns/Kerosene
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHe-Him / It-Its
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPing me when replying.
...... arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSaved Mibella Templates
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Sales Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFAQ
|
|
|
jHRFH13.png
They are a compromise and I understand why some dont like them but the reason why we have them makes alot of sense imo. And many still love them . While I dont own alot of ancients, I love them for bringing some fresh air into FR! both with the more wacky genes and bodies but also with the more frequent releases. Waiting those 5+ years for a new modern is long. (nothing against the artists, there are alot of genes and alooooot of apparel pieces to draw) Their genes and breedchange scrolls being more affordable is a good balance imo
They are a compromise and I understand why some dont like them but the reason why we have them makes alot of sense imo. And many still love them . While I dont own alot of ancients, I love them for bringing some fresh air into FR! both with the more wacky genes and bodies but also with the more frequent releases. Waiting those 5+ years for a new modern is long. (nothing against the artists, there are alot of genes and alooooot of apparel pieces to draw) Their genes and breedchange scrolls being more affordable is a good balance imo
VVM4XuM.png
[quote name="Teeka" date="2023-07-19 13:18:18" ] [quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:15:21" ] [Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change. For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck! [/quote] ...but you can also buy dragons on the Auction House? Like is it actually that rare for people to buy permas and project dragons off the Auction House? Because that's the impression that today has given me. [/quote] People have been saying hatcheries are dying out, so honestly, I think the amount of people buying dragons off of the AH is significantly lower than what it used to be, when there were just fewer dragons around. The point very much still stands, though- new breeds are gonna become fodder price in like a month at absolute max.
Teeka wrote on 2023-07-19 13:18:18:
[Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change.

For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck!

...but you can also buy dragons on the Auction House?

Like is it actually that rare for people to buy permas and project dragons off the Auction House? Because that's the impression that today has given me.
People have been saying hatcheries are dying out, so honestly, I think the amount of people buying dragons off of the AH is significantly lower than what it used to be, when there were just fewer dragons around.

The point very much still stands, though- new breeds are gonna become fodder price in like a month at absolute max.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="@MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:15:21" ] [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2023-07-19 13:06:04" ] As far as what you can actually do with them... You can breed them just fine? They're not any more or less difficult to make a pair than it would be [/quote] Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change. For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck! [/quote] Aside from Veilspuns and the new Sandsurges, ancient breed changes are available for treasure, and can be bought after a few days of maxing out the fairgrounds. Or through normal game play. Ability to buy gems has little to do with it. Again it is far cheaper to gene an ancient than a modern.
@MageGirl wrote on 2023-07-19 13:15:21:
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2023-07-19 13:06:04:
As far as what you can actually do with them... You can breed them just fine? They're not any more or less difficult to make a pair than it would be

Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change.

Aside from Veilspuns and the new Sandsurges, ancient breed changes are available for treasure, and can be bought after a few days of maxing out the fairgrounds. Or through normal game play. Ability to buy gems has little to do with it. Again it is far cheaper to gene an ancient than a modern.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
[quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:15:21" ] Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change. For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck! [/quote] just.... save up for them then? when I was a new player with no real way of making gems, I'd coli grind, hoardsell, make and sell baldwin stuff, etc. to buy gem genes and scrolls? or do fairgrounds, or start a hatchery of your own, do art, whatever you can. ancients aren't the only new breeds they're working on, it just takes an absurdly long time to go through the gene and apparel backlog because we've got 10 years of content to go through now lol besides, wait a week or two and you'll have plenty of cheap ones up for sale at fodder or near fodder price! the only time you HAVE to buy the genes and breed changes is for g1s, otherwise just find someone else who already sunk the cost and is breeding them for cheap!
Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change.

just.... save up for them then? when I was a new player with no real way of making gems, I'd coli grind, hoardsell, make and sell baldwin stuff, etc. to buy gem genes and scrolls?
or do fairgrounds, or start a hatchery of your own, do art, whatever you can.

ancients aren't the only new breeds they're working on, it just takes an absurdly long time to go through the gene and apparel backlog because we've got 10 years of content to go through now lol

besides, wait a week or two and you'll have plenty of cheap ones up for sale at fodder or near fodder price! the only time you HAVE to buy the genes and breed changes is for g1s, otherwise just find someone else who already sunk the cost and is breeding them for cheap!
xxx

Vynne
they/them • +3hr
Skins & Accents

tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
Ancient dragons are cool. They get rad genes which may become available for other dragons as well.
Ancient dragons are cool. They get rad genes which may become available for other dragons as well.
The bulk of my friends have left the game, or just stopped playing, because the last few years have been nothing but Ancient releases.

It took me years just to build up a couple thousand Gems, and its still not enough to get anything cause anything worth buying costs a ton of Gems.
The bulk of my friends have left the game, or just stopped playing, because the last few years have been nothing but Ancient releases.

It took me years just to build up a couple thousand Gems, and its still not enough to get anything cause anything worth buying costs a ton of Gems.
ZNhRsiG.png
Much Love for Skydancers!
You can get any breed that isn't brand new for 5 gems and you can both still put nice skins on them AND get the linebreaking genes folks had been begging to get for years. I think that's a fair compramise for no apparel and only breeding with themselves
You can get any breed that isn't brand new for 5 gems and you can both still put nice skins on them AND get the linebreaking genes folks had been begging to get for years. I think that's a fair compramise for no apparel and only breeding with themselves
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
You guys realize they ARE still making Modern breeds, right. It just takes 5+ years.
You guys realize they ARE still making Modern breeds, right. It just takes 5+ years.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4 5 6