Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | STOP, with the Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6
If you don’t like them, just don’t get any?? I don’t understand the complaining honestly.

As others have said, Ancient breeds are a compromise to allow for the release of regular content. There are a bunch of skins or accents you can get for Ancients, which, whilst aren’t apparel, they’d still add a nice effect to dragons.

As for the whole ‘i don’t have gems so i can’t get one’ Sandsurge will he at fodder price within weeks. The same thing happens with every single breed release. It’s not like they’re going to be exclusive at all or limited to a certain amount.
If you don’t like them, just don’t get any?? I don’t understand the complaining honestly.

As others have said, Ancient breeds are a compromise to allow for the release of regular content. There are a bunch of skins or accents you can get for Ancients, which, whilst aren’t apparel, they’d still add a nice effect to dragons.

As for the whole ‘i don’t have gems so i can’t get one’ Sandsurge will he at fodder price within weeks. The same thing happens with every single breed release. It’s not like they’re going to be exclusive at all or limited to a certain amount.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
everyone is so hostile and makes me sad. The announcement thread got locked because of it and now people are fighting elsewhere, and to my understanding thats not what flight rising is about at all.

-Jack
everyone is so hostile and makes me sad. The announcement thread got locked because of it and now people are fighting elsewhere, and to my understanding thats not what flight rising is about at all.

-Jack
Jd88XNq.pngfDseSl9.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:39:00" ] The bulk of my friends have left the game, or just stopped playing, because the last few years have been nothing but Ancient releases. It took me years just to build up a couple thousand Gems, and its still not enough to get anything cause anything worth buying costs a ton of Gems. [/quote] You could get into art perhaps! I often do commissions and I love giving back to the community in this way as well. It's something I enjoy doing because it allows me to be creative and it gives me an outlet for negative feelings! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Or other services, such as writing or bio coding! I've been thinking about lending out serviced for bio coding so I can code the bio's for peoples dragons, which is also something I enjoy doing lol. It'd be a small gem fee or treasure fee, which could be converted into gems! Or maybe even grinding the coliseum and offering a leveling fee for peoples dragons! Level someones dragon to 25 for an amount of gems, some people really appreciate this when they themselves dont have the time. Don't forget to do Baldwins and Arlo's and sell what you get! And certain materials go up in price on the AH during festivals, make sure to check Baldwin's for what's needed to brew skins during fests because those items will surely sell for a bit more than usual. Selling festival currency is a good way to make a bit extra as well. Besides all these options theres still [i]dozens[/i] of other options people have mentioned in this thread and other threads. It takes time to save up, but the results are worth it. I really hope things work out for you!
MageGirl wrote on 2023-07-19 13:39:00:
The bulk of my friends have left the game, or just stopped playing, because the last few years have been nothing but Ancient releases.

It took me years just to build up a couple thousand Gems, and its still not enough to get anything cause anything worth buying costs a ton of Gems.

You could get into art perhaps! I often do commissions and I love giving back to the community in this way as well. It's something I enjoy doing because it allows me to be creative and it gives me an outlet for negative feelings!

Or other services, such as writing or bio coding! I've been thinking about lending out serviced for bio coding so I can code the bio's for peoples dragons, which is also something I enjoy doing lol. It'd be a small gem fee or treasure fee, which could be converted into gems!

Or maybe even grinding the coliseum and offering a leveling fee for peoples dragons! Level someones dragon to 25 for an amount of gems, some people really appreciate this when they themselves dont have the time.

Don't forget to do Baldwins and Arlo's and sell what you get! And certain materials go up in price on the AH during festivals, make sure to check Baldwin's for what's needed to brew skins during fests because those items will surely sell for a bit more than usual. Selling festival currency is a good way to make a bit extra as well.

Besides all these options theres still dozens of other options people have mentioned in this thread and other threads. It takes time to save up, but the results are worth it. I really hope things work out for you!
65123732_FJxNYA8epFOu9u8.gif heyhey PN5e1KU.png
5hF3FGk.png
fkWjutW.png
4XHFQ1N.png
HhpzPA3.png
I get why people are upset about ancients, my biggest gripe with them is breeding them (since you need to commit to 2 of the same spec), but they're a nice addition to those who want them. I think it's better to have them as an option than not at all.

Also sometimes an ancient can be just what you were looking for for a specific fandragon. When I saw undertides I knew what I could finally make.
I get why people are upset about ancients, my biggest gripe with them is breeding them (since you need to commit to 2 of the same spec), but they're a nice addition to those who want them. I think it's better to have them as an option than not at all.

Also sometimes an ancient can be just what you were looking for for a specific fandragon. When I saw undertides I knew what I could finally make.
945526bfb17d6463a29418158e5bfa1885b1ecb7.gif
[quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:39:00" ] It took me years just to build up a couple thousand Gems, and its still not enough to get anything cause anything worth buying costs a ton of Gems. [/quote] Do you farm/brew fest currency? For instance, if you got a bunch of extra slinks during the last fest cycle they sell for 50-100g each depending on breed. If you got just 10 extras of every slink you'd be rolling in gems.
MageGirl wrote on 2023-07-19 13:39:00:
It took me years just to build up a couple thousand Gems, and its still not enough to get anything cause anything worth buying costs a ton of Gems.
Do you farm/brew fest currency? For instance, if you got a bunch of extra slinks during the last fest cycle they sell for 50-100g each depending on breed. If you got just 10 extras of every slink you'd be rolling in gems.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I like them
I like them
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
I think they're neat.

Also without wading too much into this argument. Gems are not hard to earn in this game. There's no reason to resort to buying them with USD unless you're impatient.
I think they're neat.

Also without wading too much into this argument. Gems are not hard to earn in this game. There's no reason to resort to buying them with USD unless you're impatient.
I cant do Digital Art or Coding.
I cant do Digital Art or Coding.
ZNhRsiG.png
Much Love for Skydancers!
[quote name="DrSheep" date="2023-07-19 13:50:30" ] everyone is so hostile and makes me sad. The announcement thread got locked because of it and now people are fighting elsewhere, and to my understanding thats not what flight rising is about at all. -Jack [/quote] Agreed :( I think I will avoid Forums for a while until all the complaining and negativity stops
DrSheep wrote on 2023-07-19 13:50:30:

-Jack

Agreed :( I think I will avoid Forums for a while until all the complaining and negativity stops
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
You can't accomplish anything with pessimism. Simply play to whatever strengths you do have
You can't accomplish anything with pessimism. Simply play to whatever strengths you do have
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6