Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | STOP, with the Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6
It's a compromise as mentioned before.
It's a compromise as mentioned before.
siggy.png
no no It is more fun this way.

-Jack
no no It is more fun this way.

-Jack
Jd88XNq.pngfDseSl9.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Actually can I get 5 more of these weird little freaks.
Actually can I get 5 more of these weird little freaks.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
But more seriously, the versatility that you're asking for is the exact reason we haven't gotten as many new modern breeds and the *exact* reason why ancients were developed in the first place. Moderns have how many genes available to them? And they have to do that 3 times for every new breed? How about apparel, how many pieces of apparel are there? Now double that because they have to do it twice for every breed. It takes time to do all that, and people want to see new breeds. People want to see new breeds without having to wait the 5-7 odd years. Hence ancients. As far as what you can actually do with them... You can breed them just fine? They're not any more or less difficult to make a pair than it would be for any other breed- other than being identical breeds everything else is the same. Geneing them is the same, and is often cheaper than gening a modern dragon. They're a fun cheap way to keep us entertained while the next modern breed gets worked on. They never said they'd stop doing them, to my knowledge. [emoji=aberration winking size=2][emoji=aberration tongue size=2]
But more seriously, the versatility that you're asking for is the exact reason we haven't gotten as many new modern breeds and the *exact* reason why ancients were developed in the first place. Moderns have how many genes available to them? And they have to do that 3 times for every new breed? How about apparel, how many pieces of apparel are there? Now double that because they have to do it twice for every breed. It takes time to do all that, and people want to see new breeds. People want to see new breeds without having to wait the 5-7 odd years. Hence ancients.

As far as what you can actually do with them... You can breed them just fine? They're not any more or less difficult to make a pair than it would be for any other breed- other than being identical breeds everything else is the same. Geneing them is the same, and is often cheaper than gening a modern dragon. They're a fun cheap way to keep us entertained while the next modern breed gets worked on. They never said they'd stop doing them, to my knowledge.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
With a new modern breed you will have to make ~7400 pieces of apparel and
306 new genes(colors notwithstanding) which is a herculean undertaking. Ancients are there so there isn't a 5 year gap in between each new dragon breed. Speak for yourself, I think the new ancients are awesome!
With a new modern breed you will have to make ~7400 pieces of apparel and
306 new genes(colors notwithstanding) which is a herculean undertaking. Ancients are there so there isn't a 5 year gap in between each new dragon breed. Speak for yourself, I think the new ancients are awesome!

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

I love Ancients, even with the lack of apparel and the breeding limitations. The creative designs and tertiaries really make up for it IMO.
I love Ancients, even with the lack of apparel and the breeding limitations. The creative designs and tertiaries really make up for it IMO.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2023-07-19 13:06:04" ] As far as what you can actually do with them... You can breed them just fine? They're not any more or less difficult to make a pair than it would be [/quote] Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change. For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck!
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2023-07-19 13:06:04:
As far as what you can actually do with them... You can breed them just fine? They're not any more or less difficult to make a pair than it would be

Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change.

For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck!
ZNhRsiG.png
Much Love for Skydancers!
[quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:15:21" ] Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change. For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck! [/quote] Literally, give it 12 days. Two nests-ish later and the waning novelty will drop the prices like a rock.
MageGirl wrote on 2023-07-19 13:15:21:
Yeah, if you are one of the rich who can afford to buy enough gems for the Breed Change.

For the rest of us unless Galore gives out Eggs or Breed Changes, we're out of luck!

Literally, give it 12 days. Two nests-ish later and the waning novelty will drop the prices like a rock.
QYzhmAi.png
I'm not getting any ancients either, and I definitely enjoy the dressing up part of modern breeds over ancients. I personally do feel like we've gotten a LOT of ancients, but the admins seem to have acknowledged the fact that it's oversaturated the filtering for genes, so hopefully that means we will get more streamlined filtering soon, which may make it feel less overwhelming.
I'm not getting any ancients either, and I definitely enjoy the dressing up part of modern breeds over ancients. I personally do feel like we've gotten a LOT of ancients, but the admins seem to have acknowledged the fact that it's oversaturated the filtering for genes, so hopefully that means we will get more streamlined filtering soon, which may make it feel less overwhelming.
uCR5SCW.png
@MageGirl There are many, many ways to earn gems without ever spending any real life currency. I have earned well over 100kg in my time on the site, with no contribution from gem purchases. Several threads with suggestions have popped up today for those with concerns about this.
@MageGirl There are many, many ways to earn gems without ever spending any real life currency. I have earned well over 100kg in my time on the site, with no contribution from gem purchases. Several threads with suggestions have popped up today for those with concerns about this.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
1 2 3 4 5 6