Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are your "Pet Peeve" genes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
the more i think about it it might be points for me actually, even genes like crackle and smirch have creative uses that can use multiple different colors points really doesn't look good unless its black and the primary/secondary colors and genes also have to work well with it. soap is still runner up for making me actually uncomfortable though.
the more i think about it it might be points for me actually, even genes like crackle and smirch have creative uses that can use multiple different colors points really doesn't look good unless its black and the primary/secondary colors and genes also have to work well with it. soap is still runner up for making me actually uncomfortable though.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I feel so bad about it but a lot of genes, actually, mostly terts.

The biggest offenders to me though is Koi.
I'm sorry. But when the gene doesn't visually respect that the dragon is 3-dimensional and is instead drawn as a flat PNG texture over it, I can't get on board. It's worse on some breeds than others but it breaks the whole image for me and looks very disjointed.

For that same reason to a more minor effect, smoke and ringlets.

I also don't care too much for more complicated genes like harlequin, but they're cool in some cases and I'm very much an outlier of just not liking overly complicated design, especially if I'm planning to dress a dragon.
I feel so bad about it but a lot of genes, actually, mostly terts.

The biggest offenders to me though is Koi.
I'm sorry. But when the gene doesn't visually respect that the dragon is 3-dimensional and is instead drawn as a flat PNG texture over it, I can't get on board. It's worse on some breeds than others but it breaks the whole image for me and looks very disjointed.

For that same reason to a more minor effect, smoke and ringlets.

I also don't care too much for more complicated genes like harlequin, but they're cool in some cases and I'm very much an outlier of just not liking overly complicated design, especially if I'm planning to dress a dragon.
_____ bcfrplague_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzc0.pngda
zLwbKxI.png
kE8PZoU.png
GdVZ87H.png
GW180jv.png

Grotesque-2-L.png

"Vyre"
JvUa9ma.png
Just an Unhinged, Wandering Vam-pirate.
wind_rune_20.pnglightning_rune_20.pngwater_rune_20.pngice_rune_20.pngfire_rune_20.pngplague_rune_20.png

Grotesque-2-R.png
bcfrplague_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzc0.pngda
lAvpyOQ.png
11efmKl.png
2nkYPWq.png
p3Lr8aR.png
Pet peeve gene for me is Sparkle when it's just a really light color tossed on with no thematic or deeper tone connection to the rest of the look. It 100% has the potential to look baller and I really like it a good bit of the time though.
Pet peeve gene for me is Sparkle when it's just a really light color tossed on with no thematic or deeper tone connection to the rest of the look. It 100% has the potential to look baller and I really like it a good bit of the time though.
rv0xzcJ.gif wA5lAlD.pngxNTxlcy.jpg
capsule on male spirals specifically. i hate that you can see through the body and it's really hard to ignore.
capsule on male spirals specifically. i hate that you can see through the body and it's really hard to ignore.
                        guoaaAZ.gif      o x e n  » he / they  |  » fr + 9

links and stuff ::

» auction service
» uma sales
» g1 sales
       » wishlist
» pixels
Keel.
Keel.
slime and sludge for sure, which is a shame because sometimes the gradients work so well but man i dont want my dragons made out of goop

+ capsule for similar reasons
slime and sludge for sure, which is a shame because sometimes the gradients work so well but man i dont want my dragons made out of goop

+ capsule for similar reasons
nhGfMn6.png
Petals and butterfly. They're not bad, just way too common and I don't understand their popularity. Why are they gem genes?

Basic makes my brain scream "unfinished!" if one of my dragons has it. I've seen a couple of dragons that make it work, but I can't stand it in my own lair.
Petals and butterfly. They're not bad, just way too common and I don't understand their popularity. Why are they gem genes?

Basic makes my brain scream "unfinished!" if one of my dragons has it. I've seen a couple of dragons that make it work, but I can't stand it in my own lair.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
[quote name="Mythicalyst" date="2023-06-17 20:56:48" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2023-06-17 13:11:35" ] Basic tert. "Oh man that's a nice dragon" "Oh, I didn't notice it had a terrible not matching tert because its freaking basic" [/quote] @/SCB Whenever I've found a dragon has a non-matching tert, I've found that giving it Stained will often look amazing. One of my favourite dragons is a purple dragon with tomato stained tert [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55308517][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/553086/55308517_350.png[/img][/url] He's gorgeous, I reckon. [/quote] But that's stained. Not basic.
Mythicalyst wrote on 2023-06-17 20:56:48:
SCB wrote on 2023-06-17 13:11:35:
Basic tert.

"Oh man that's a nice dragon" "Oh, I didn't notice it had a terrible not matching tert because its freaking basic"
@/SCB

Whenever I've found a dragon has a non-matching tert, I've found that giving it Stained will often look amazing.

One of my favourite dragons is a purple dragon with tomato stained tert

55308517_350.png

He's gorgeous, I reckon.
But that's stained. Not basic.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I actually had to go to the scrying workshop to remember the genes I don't like(excluding the ones that I consider "bland")

I can't stand Ripple and Tapir primaries, they just kinda irk me. I don't mind their secondary counterparts though. Current is alright I guess, and I do actually like Striation.

Mosaic/Breakup are also absolutely awful when paired together. They just are.

Bright(veilspun) on Female poses specifically. I don't like the shoulder. dunno why. Vivid is fine, and both are alright on Male poses.

That's pretty much it.
I actually had to go to the scrying workshop to remember the genes I don't like(excluding the ones that I consider "bland")

I can't stand Ripple and Tapir primaries, they just kinda irk me. I don't mind their secondary counterparts though. Current is alright I guess, and I do actually like Striation.

Mosaic/Breakup are also absolutely awful when paired together. They just are.

Bright(veilspun) on Female poses specifically. I don't like the shoulder. dunno why. Vivid is fine, and both are alright on Male poses.

That's pretty much it.
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
Gembound is ugly. It looks so crusty (keel is basically the better version). I also don't like Smirch or Crackle since the colors can sometimes ruin a dragon. For a more controversial opinion, I don't like the Fade/Blend genes. Just don't do it for me.
Gembound is ugly. It looks so crusty (keel is basically the better version). I also don't like Smirch or Crackle since the colors can sometimes ruin a dragon. For a more controversial opinion, I don't like the Fade/Blend genes. Just don't do it for me.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10