Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | if you could remove one gene,
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
peacock :/
peacock :/
zombsiggy.png they/them

adult

art shop
I do like the "nominate for rework" thing better than full-on delete, but... Rosette. It's so busy that it literally makes my head hurt to look at. I mean, it gave me good empathy practice, but... yeah, so many teeny tiny circles... Hypnotic on many breeds has the same effect, but there are a few color combos for it and Jaguar that are okay so like, I'd give them runner-up status. Keel or Squiggle for terts, both are really hard to work with (Keel looks painful, Squiggle is just ten times busier than basically any other gene onsite besides Marble/Mottled). Y'all saying Capsule and Peacock are killing me [emoji=imperial sad size=1] Definitely wouldn't mind a Capsule transparent-bits rework to make it more clearly the lore it was given on release- a [b]thin[/b] layer of fluid on a dragon's belly- but it hits that sweet spot of working with both the shiny genes and the flat genes for me and the accent colors are awesome ^-^ ...if you're using Peacock on a triple, imo you're probably using Peacock wrong. In my experience, it's best for when you're trying to wrangle an unruly tert and checking for anything that could save it. Can't defend Stitched/Patched though. I feel like part of their problem is that the resolution is super tiny? So like, they don't feel like they match the [i]scale[/i] of the other genes, if that makes sense. They're great for the prosthetic/artificial dragon vibe, though.
I do like the "nominate for rework" thing better than full-on delete, but...
Rosette. It's so busy that it literally makes my head hurt to look at. I mean, it gave me good empathy practice, but... yeah, so many teeny tiny circles... Hypnotic on many breeds has the same effect, but there are a few color combos for it and Jaguar that are okay so like, I'd give them runner-up status.

Keel or Squiggle for terts, both are really hard to work with (Keel looks painful, Squiggle is just ten times busier than basically any other gene onsite besides Marble/Mottled).

Y'all saying Capsule and Peacock are killing me Definitely wouldn't mind a Capsule transparent-bits rework to make it more clearly the lore it was given on release- a thin layer of fluid on a dragon's belly- but it hits that sweet spot of working with both the shiny genes and the flat genes for me and the accent colors are awesome ^-^

...if you're using Peacock on a triple, imo you're probably using Peacock wrong. In my experience, it's best for when you're trying to wrangle an unruly tert and checking for anything that could save it.

Can't defend Stitched/Patched though. I feel like part of their problem is that the resolution is super tiny? So like, they don't feel like they match the scale of the other genes, if that makes sense. They're great for the prosthetic/artificial dragon vibe, though.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

None. Even if I had the power, no way I'd remove something someone might enjoy, it's just loss.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Keel.
Keel.
Howdy!

Helticks
+2 fr time
-xIsegSQ.png NL841GZ.png 90686005.png d974qyj.png
You're making me choose between jaguar or rosette, two genes that both cause me nausea & dizziness... mm... I'd probably go with Rosette because wings are harder to cover entirely and makes up a lot of many dragon breeds I like.
You're making me choose between jaguar or rosette, two genes that both cause me nausea & dizziness... mm... I'd probably go with Rosette because wings are harder to cover entirely and makes up a lot of many dragon breeds I like.
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
keel. it genuinely makes my skin crawl.
keel. it genuinely makes my skin crawl.
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
Honestly I think most genes have a place.

I personally love the contrast of cherub, for example.
Thylacine is okay, I used to like it when I first joined and it can actually work in some combos.
Hypnotic is great for eyeburners and is basically just a generic busy gene.
I find peacock to be ugly but it's a very good accent-color tert (we don't have enough of them.)
Capsule changes colors really nicely in many many circumstances.

IMO keel is the only real option if I HAD to choose? But even still I can actually find some decent, gnarly keel dragons in dragon search.

Personally I just don't like arc at ALL. Vivid is fine, but arc.. just doesn't look right. Even worse than jupiter.
Honestly I think most genes have a place.

I personally love the contrast of cherub, for example.
Thylacine is okay, I used to like it when I first joined and it can actually work in some combos.
Hypnotic is great for eyeburners and is basically just a generic busy gene.
I find peacock to be ugly but it's a very good accent-color tert (we don't have enough of them.)
Capsule changes colors really nicely in many many circumstances.

IMO keel is the only real option if I HAD to choose? But even still I can actually find some decent, gnarly keel dragons in dragon search.

Personally I just don't like arc at ALL. Vivid is fine, but arc.. just doesn't look right. Even worse than jupiter.
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
Keel.
Keel.
firefull.png
I would remove basic cause I wanna know what genes a dragon from an egg would have if basic doesn’t exist.
I would remove basic cause I wanna know what genes a dragon from an egg would have if basic doesn’t exist.
EsljdvE.png Pickles | He/Him | +2 FR Time u94F7n8.png
Mosaic, I don't even bother checking it out when I'm scrying dragons, it's never good.
Mosaic, I don't even bother checking it out when I'm scrying dragons, it's never good.
60218142.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10