Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20
And I am really looking forwards to changing my progens' firstborn from this: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=7&breed=13&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=8&winggene=8&wings=5&auth=483cdf75017f05e2b67b013a5d2229a74a654f88&dummyext=prev.png[/img] To this: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=7&breed=13&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=97&winggene=8&wings=5&auth=c7ee3d0da8bf054fae7ebe9fb194ddf83f9f66f2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I mean, talk about a tert saver!
And I am really looking forwards to changing my progens' firstborn from this:

dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=7&breed=13&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=8&winggene=8&wings=5&auth=483cdf75017f05e2b67b013a5d2229a74a654f88&dummyext=prev.png

To this:

dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=7&breed=13&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=97&winggene=8&wings=5&auth=c7ee3d0da8bf054fae7ebe9fb194ddf83f9f66f2&dummyext=prev.png

I mean, talk about a tert saver!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
I do like it without any gradients, but then again I’m part of the crowd that dislikes firefly because the glow makes it look muddy on several colors, so there’s that.

I kinda wish the big sparkles were slightly smaller on adult dragons, maybe? The scale feels a bit off and makes it look more cartoony than the dragons.

I do like it without any gradients, but then again I’m part of the crowd that dislikes firefly because the glow makes it look muddy on several colors, so there’s that.

I kinda wish the big sparkles were slightly smaller on adult dragons, maybe? The scale feels a bit off and makes it look more cartoony than the dragons.

I think it's one of my fave terts for a long time. It's simple, covers the whole dragon without being too obscuring of detail below.
I think a lot of thought was actually put into it because we need more tert genes that covers the dragon entirely (and not just the wings or just the body) and Koi was was too busy (whilst I love koi)

I do agree with the post that said it would look prettier with a little bit of a glow, though. And I'd be happy if they added that, honestly. But as it is now it matches well with dragons who use flat genes like basic, fade/blend, cherub/seraph. And the glow can cause clashing, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was an intentional choice to leave it out.
I think it's one of my fave terts for a long time. It's simple, covers the whole dragon without being too obscuring of detail below.
I think a lot of thought was actually put into it because we need more tert genes that covers the dragon entirely (and not just the wings or just the body) and Koi was was too busy (whilst I love koi)

I do agree with the post that said it would look prettier with a little bit of a glow, though. And I'd be happy if they added that, honestly. But as it is now it matches well with dragons who use flat genes like basic, fade/blend, cherub/seraph. And the glow can cause clashing, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was an intentional choice to leave it out.
Mqw5b1R.gif
man you should see stained and contour

(/lh i like all of these genes very much)
man you should see stained and contour

(/lh i like all of these genes very much)
CYT4VFx.png
I quite like it. Yes, it looks like stars someone drew in MS paint to put on a hastily made bday card, but I still think its nice and honestly that kinda adds to the charm of this gene. I do wish we had a different sparkly tert that was less cartoony, but I do actually like this.
I quite like it. Yes, it looks like stars someone drew in MS paint to put on a hastily made bday card, but I still think its nice and honestly that kinda adds to the charm of this gene. I do wish we had a different sparkly tert that was less cartoony, but I do actually like this.
I will put something here eventually.
It's adorable n i love it
It's adorable n i love it
bVzIUfv.png
i like it a lot!! :> now i need to come up with come scries...lol
i like it a lot!! :> now i need to come up with come scries...lol
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
I think of it as a less-blurry Firefly (not that I dislike Firefly at all), and I think it will have its uses! I do not see the lack of quality people are complaining about, it looks exactly like the StarCon sparkles we already have.
I think of it as a less-blurry Firefly (not that I dislike Firefly at all), and I think it will have its uses! I do not see the lack of quality people are complaining about, it looks exactly like the StarCon sparkles we already have.
UwPE0Qp.png
i think its cute! i've been curious to see what the next tert would be since i think we need some more, so im pretty happy its this, its a simple and fun gene that ive already found really personally useful! same as others have mentioned i dont rly understand people talking about a lack of quality, i think its a charming stylized treasure gene and if you dont like a gene youre not required to use it. im really glad its on ancients too, it looks great on them and itll be a useful tert for aberrations for me for now since they dont have like underbelly or spines or anything yet
i think its cute! i've been curious to see what the next tert would be since i think we need some more, so im pretty happy its this, its a simple and fun gene that ive already found really personally useful! same as others have mentioned i dont rly understand people talking about a lack of quality, i think its a charming stylized treasure gene and if you dont like a gene youre not required to use it. im really glad its on ancients too, it looks great on them and itll be a useful tert for aberrations for me for now since they dont have like underbelly or spines or anything yet
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
[quote name="Promare" date="2022-05-07 09:35:05" ] if you dont like a gene youre not required to use it [/quote] this is my thoughts on it -- i was delighted to see it because i have the brain of a golden retriever and i'm easily amused by certain things, sparkles being one of them. will i use it? probably very rarely! but if it saves a tert (and my wallet from stained being a GEM GENE............), it saves a tert, and i'm not going to complain. (( i rarely ever have dragons with firefly either, mostly because it's really [i]really[/i] hard to see with some colors, and the blur on it doesn't help, but i do like the gene as a concept. ))
Promare wrote on 2022-05-07 09:35:05:
if you dont like a gene youre not required to use it
this is my thoughts on it -- i was delighted to see it because i have the brain of a golden retriever and i'm easily amused by certain things, sparkles being one of them.

will i use it? probably very rarely! but if it saves a tert (and my wallet from stained being a GEM GENE............), it saves a tert, and i'm not going to complain.

(( i rarely ever have dragons with firefly either, mostly because it's really really hard to see with some colors, and the blur on it doesn't help, but i do like the gene as a concept. ))
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20