Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
It's very situational for me I think. I'd put it in the middle of the pack based on the look by itself. Like it is a tert saver, but only when the tert is light against dark pri/sec colours. Buuut considering my tendency of continuously using genes I thought I would not like that much (Koi comes to mind) I won't be surprised if I end up using it a lot later. Here's a scry that I made for one of my permas that I was on the fence about. Sparkle saved it I think: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=74&tertgene=97&winggene=25&wings=92&auth=11c0ae3509d389e4b5a2b046834e458583336c7a&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
It's very situational for me I think. I'd put it in the middle of the pack based on the look by itself. Like it is a tert saver, but only when the tert is light against dark pri/sec colours.

Buuut considering my tendency of continuously using genes I thought I would not like that much (Koi comes to mind) I won't be surprised if I end up using it a lot later.

Here's a scry that I made for one of my permas that I was on the fence about. Sparkle saved it I think:
dragon?age=1&body=111&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=74&tertgene=97&winggene=25&wings=92&auth=11c0ae3509d389e4b5a2b046834e458583336c7a&dummyext=prev.png
My dragons' names are 2-3 separate words. Please put spaces between them!!!
hRPcGnh.jpg
I'm a bit eh about it. I would prefer if it was a bit more sparkly like flaunt/flair but it looks great on guardians (maybe others but I have only tested it on a few of my dragons one which was a m pose guardian)
I'm a bit eh about it. I would prefer if it was a bit more sparkly like flaunt/flair but it looks great on guardians (maybe others but I have only tested it on a few of my dragons one which was a m pose guardian)
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
[quote name="Atherissss" date="2022-05-10 05:09:07" ] If underbelly came out today people would call it lazy. [/quote] This. Ngl, I do find it very weird to see so many posts complaining about the simplicity of the gene but then comparing it to Firefly. A gene that consists of like 5 extremely cartoony and simple bugs (that also don't particularly follow FR's style btw) drawn around the dragon in semi-random places. Glowing effects are not difficult and don't take significant effort to draw. The lack of a glow effect is not laziness, it's stylistic, and personally wishing the gene were different is fine and all, but saying it's setting the bar low and looks like an April's Fools joke is very disrespectful to both the artists and the people who like it. I just can't help but feel that if the gene did glow, there would be a whole other group of people complaining that it's lazy because it's basically just Firefly again. As for myself, I'm pretty neutral. It's a cute gene, but I haven't found many great uses yet. Like most tertiaries, it's been very situational and for most dragons I tried it on I thought there was a better option. Another tert saver is always welcome though, and I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.
Atherissss wrote on 2022-05-10 05:09:07:
If underbelly came out today people would call it lazy.

This. Ngl, I do find it very weird to see so many posts complaining about the simplicity of the gene but then comparing it to Firefly. A gene that consists of like 5 extremely cartoony and simple bugs (that also don't particularly follow FR's style btw) drawn around the dragon in semi-random places. Glowing effects are not difficult and don't take significant effort to draw. The lack of a glow effect is not laziness, it's stylistic, and personally wishing the gene were different is fine and all, but saying it's setting the bar low and looks like an April's Fools joke is very disrespectful to both the artists and the people who like it.

I just can't help but feel that if the gene did glow, there would be a whole other group of people complaining that it's lazy because it's basically just Firefly again.

As for myself, I'm pretty neutral. It's a cute gene, but I haven't found many great uses yet. Like most tertiaries, it's been very situational and for most dragons I tried it on I thought there was a better option. Another tert saver is always welcome though, and I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.
I don't like it much either, but i am glad that sparkle exists. it's been straight up over a year since our last (modern) tert - koi. and while sparkle is def underwhelming it does have it's uses! literal glitter, stars, pollen, or just as a tertsaver, sparkle is still a useful gene for other folks.

You don't have to like and use every gene that comes out! the point is that not everyone likes the same thing, so they're giving us variety.
I don't like it much either, but i am glad that sparkle exists. it's been straight up over a year since our last (modern) tert - koi. and while sparkle is def underwhelming it does have it's uses! literal glitter, stars, pollen, or just as a tertsaver, sparkle is still a useful gene for other folks.

You don't have to like and use every gene that comes out! the point is that not everyone likes the same thing, so they're giving us variety.
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
eh.

sparkle/ bright colors = good
sparkle/dull colors = bad

that's all, bye.
eh.

sparkle/ bright colors = good
sparkle/dull colors = bad

that's all, bye.
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
hehe sparkle dragon go brrrr
hehe sparkle dragon go brrrr
5iXiC8z.png 160P7Fb.png
ohrx6hp.png Bb9XFYa.png
bYt72YT.png qhK4FYS.png
kBHm00y.png
I love the new gene! It reminds me of mid-century modern art patterns and décor. I want to find a dragon with the colors used in MCM art and apply Sparkle to them. [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/85/48/16/8548162e04a05232f96f473205c8ef31.jpg[/img]
I love the new gene! It reminds me of mid-century modern art patterns and décor. I want to find a dragon with the colors used in MCM art and apply Sparkle to them.

8548162e04a05232f96f473205c8ef31.jpg
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20