Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
[quote name="Valrunie" date="2022-05-07 04:00:21" ] "I wish it looked more like the shiny sparkles of starmap or flaunt/flair, but a bit bigger and with color." this, pretty much. I feel like tertiares lately are just... not it. I get it they wanna give us simple terts, but why is simple tert = flat idk will pretend like gene doesn't exist [/quote] same. it's sparkle but without the [i]sparkle[/i]. tried it on a few of my dragons thinking maybe i'll have to modify scry plans but nah.
Valrunie wrote on 2022-05-07 04:00:21:
"I wish it looked more like the shiny sparkles of starmap or flaunt/flair, but a bit bigger and with color."

this, pretty much. I feel like tertiares lately are just... not it. I get it they wanna give us simple terts, but why is simple tert = flat

idk will pretend like gene doesn't exist

same. it's sparkle but without the sparkle.
tried it on a few of my dragons thinking maybe i'll have to modify scry plans but nah.
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
midwxst

he / him
fr +3
It doesn't seem the fit the style at all
It doesn't seem the fit the style at all

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
[quote name="Sysirauta" date="2022-05-07 07:22:46" ] [quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2022-05-07 07:10:38" ] I wish it went outside the lineart like Firefly, but I guess it's a Treasure gene, it gets the job done. Feels like a way to compliment the ultra detailed genes rather than a replacement for Spines or Glimmer/Underbelly, which is fine by me. [/quote] Good news' it does! It's not that clear on all breeds and poses but it breaks lines a little. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=82&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=170&tertgene=97&winggene=82&wings=22&auth=a7ae2a40c36a6d1bea7a68609ed1860423b49743&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=14&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=4&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=13&tertgene=97&winggene=0&wings=11&auth=3cc091973040151977945271d49c829fe7ae318d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Yep! Pearlcatchers make it very obvious, look at that horn :'D
Sysirauta wrote on 2022-05-07 07:22:46:
MulberryScroll wrote on 2022-05-07 07:10:38:
I wish it went outside the lineart like Firefly, but I guess it's a Treasure gene, it gets the job done. Feels like a way to compliment the ultra detailed genes rather than a replacement for Spines or Glimmer/Underbelly, which is fine by me.
Good news' it does! It's not that clear on all breeds and poses but it breaks lines a little.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=82&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=170&tertgene=97&winggene=82&wings=22&auth=a7ae2a40c36a6d1bea7a68609ed1860423b49743&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=14&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=4&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=13&tertgene=97&winggene=0&wings=11&auth=3cc091973040151977945271d49c829fe7ae318d&dummyext=prev.png

Yep! Pearlcatchers make it very obvious, look at that horn :'D
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I do think it does look a little flat but on some dragons it looks amazing, so I’m not going to complain. It’s also a treasure gene so I don’t think it’s as much as a problem as the glowtail art when it first came out.
I do think it does look a little flat but on some dragons it looks amazing, so I’m not going to complain. It’s also a treasure gene so I don’t think it’s as much as a problem as the glowtail art when it first came out.
didn't like it at all at first, but now realizing i had the same reaction to firefly. i.e. it looks good in a few specific circumstances but bad in most others. i like firefly a bit better now, but at least it has the faint glow. this just looks like an accent on a picrew
didn't like it at all at first, but now realizing i had the same reaction to firefly. i.e. it looks good in a few specific circumstances but bad in most others. i like firefly a bit better now, but at least it has the faint glow. this just looks like an accent on a picrew
I think it is a gene intended to be silly and fun. Why not have a few of those?
I think it is a gene intended to be silly and fun. Why not have a few of those?
[quote name="Cryptidove" date="2022-05-07 03:32:15" ] I . [/quote] Fair reaction, ngl. I thought I wouldn't use more than one but it turns out I am using two of these genes! I might even use more for any dragon whose tert is a bit too tricky to use. This gene isn't supposed to be exponentially eye-catching nor is it supposed to be detailed. It's just sparkles and it's a tert-saver, that's what it exists for. For what it's worth, it's...worth. Edit: HOWEVER. I do agree I probably would have liked it even more with some shine with lowered opacity! That is still situational though, it may not have worked as well, I don't know. (just saw the mockup and it would look so good with a glow, love it) Edit #2: also, another thing I need to point out - completely valid to be disappointed, particularly if you've been waiting for a sparkle gene for a very long time. I highly recommend going into suggestions and sending the Staff a ticket to ask for possible tweaks like an added glow while it's this new. It's just that being passive aggressive isn't constructive criticism, it doesn't help anyone. No gene works on every dragon and that's fine. Every single gene and every single colour is situational. Especially if one never cared for sparkles, the addition of a sparkle gene physically cannot harm them, it can only help out other people. No need to use it if you don't like it.
Cryptidove wrote on 2022-05-07 03:32:15:
I .

Fair reaction, ngl.

I thought I wouldn't use more than one but it turns out I am using two of these genes! I might even use more for any dragon whose tert is a bit too tricky to use. This gene isn't supposed to be exponentially eye-catching nor is it supposed to be detailed. It's just sparkles and it's a tert-saver, that's what it exists for. For what it's worth, it's...worth.

Edit: HOWEVER. I do agree I probably would have liked it even more with some shine with lowered opacity! That is still situational though, it may not have worked as well, I don't know. (just saw the mockup and it would look so good with a glow, love it)

Edit #2: also, another thing I need to point out - completely valid to be disappointed, particularly if you've been waiting for a sparkle gene for a very long time. I highly recommend going into suggestions and sending the Staff a ticket to ask for possible tweaks like an added glow while it's this new.
It's just that being passive aggressive isn't constructive criticism, it doesn't help anyone. No gene works on every dragon and that's fine. Every single gene and every single colour is situational. Especially if one never cared for sparkles, the addition of a sparkle gene physically cannot harm them, it can only help out other people. No need to use it if you don't like it.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I really love it actually. Is it gonna look good on every dragon? No, but no gene does. You don't have to use it if you dislike it. But I, for one, am really happy with its existence
I really love it actually. Is it gonna look good on every dragon? No, but no gene does. You don't have to use it if you dislike it. But I, for one, am really happy with its existence

I’m in love. I love the simple tert! I wonder if it’ll look good on some of my dragons
I’m in love. I love the simple tert! I wonder if it’ll look good on some of my dragons
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
Sparkle is wonderful! Little points of colour over the entire dragon, that stay crisp and sharp rather than blurring and vanishing like Firefly, or looking like painful blades embedded in the skin like Keel... the flatness you don't like is one of the good things about it.

Sure, it's not your aesthetic, but that doesn't make it a bad gene. And in terms of artist effort it sure beats heck out of, for example, Stained!
Sparkle is wonderful! Little points of colour over the entire dragon, that stay crisp and sharp rather than blurring and vanishing like Firefly, or looking like painful blades embedded in the skin like Keel... the flatness you don't like is one of the good things about it.

Sure, it's not your aesthetic, but that doesn't make it a bad gene. And in terms of artist effort it sure beats heck out of, for example, Stained!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20