Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20
I can definitely see where you're coming from; I don't know if it's [i]lacking[/i], per se, but I wondered if it would be better as an apparel piece. Then I remembered that the starswirls existed: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2540291&skin=0&apparel=42698&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] The sparkles are a bit hard to see; it could just be the colors this girl has. But I think the subtlety is nice! And I believe that was the point. This is a treasure gene too! Coming from a player who is broke almost constantly and can't easily get a steady income of gems, this is a good "tert-saving" gene for me, like spines or smoke. It is definitely not for everyone. But based on some of the outfits, skins/accents, and general lair aesthetics of some Flight Rising users, this definitely will appeal to quite a large number of the demographic here. And it's nice that Flight Rising is branching out with its gene types and designs! It's nearly impossible to create a single gene that is going to appeal to [i]everyone[/i] on Flight Rising. So the next best thing to do is to create lots of various genes to cover that wide demographic on Flight Rising. Could they have put a little more thought and effort into sparkles? Maybe, but I'm honestly not quite sure what else they could have done. Then again, I haven't given the gene a super close look yet. But thank you for voicing your opinion! It's important that we hear opinions from everyone, as that's how we learn, grow, and improve. I'm sorry that this gene ended up disappointing, though [emoji=imperial sad size=1] That's never fun.
I can definitely see where you're coming from; I don't know if it's lacking, per se, but I wondered if it would be better as an apparel piece. Then I remembered that the starswirls existed:
scry?sdid=2540291&skin=0&apparel=42698&xt=dressing.png

The sparkles are a bit hard to see; it could just be the colors this girl has. But I think the subtlety is nice! And I believe that was the point. This is a treasure gene too! Coming from a player who is broke almost constantly and can't easily get a steady income of gems, this is a good "tert-saving" gene for me, like spines or smoke.

It is definitely not for everyone. But based on some of the outfits, skins/accents, and general lair aesthetics of some Flight Rising users, this definitely will appeal to quite a large number of the demographic here.

And it's nice that Flight Rising is branching out with its gene types and designs! It's nearly impossible to create a single gene that is going to appeal to everyone on Flight Rising. So the next best thing to do is to create lots of various genes to cover that wide demographic on Flight Rising.

Could they have put a little more thought and effort into sparkles? Maybe, but I'm honestly not quite sure what else they could have done. Then again, I haven't given the gene a super close look yet.

But thank you for voicing your opinion! It's important that we hear opinions from everyone, as that's how we learn, grow, and improve. I'm sorry that this gene ended up disappointing, though That's never fun.
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
I really like sparkle. I like glimmer and firefly for similar reasons. I like shiny stuff.

And the introduction of sparkle has given me a gene to put on my dusty Obelisk when I couldn't decide on one before.
I really like sparkle. I like glimmer and firefly for similar reasons. I like shiny stuff.

And the introduction of sparkle has given me a gene to put on my dusty Obelisk when I couldn't decide on one before.
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
[quote name="Impersonal" date="2022-05-07 10:25:12" ] Personally I would have preferred to have something like this as apparel to be a simpler alternative to the cloudswirl items, but for what it is I think it's a really cute tert! If anything it feels more in-line with what I wish firefly was. [/quote] I love it... and i am happy that it is NOT an apparel... simply because i would not be able to use it on nearly any of my dragons if it would have been apparel, i am an ancient lair and very happy that all dragons got the chance on extreme sparkles... (i have so many projects, it will take a while until my first dergs start to sparkle, but i have at least 4-8 dergs that will get this gene...shiny gaolers [emoji=gaoler star size=1]
Impersonal wrote on 2022-05-07 10:25:12:
Personally I would have preferred to have something like this as apparel to be a simpler alternative to the cloudswirl items, but for what it is I think it's a really cute tert! If anything it feels more in-line with what I wish firefly was.

I love it... and i am happy that it is NOT an apparel... simply because i would not be able to use it on nearly any of my dragons if it would have been apparel, i am an ancient lair and very happy that all dragons got the chance on extreme sparkles...

(i have so many projects, it will take a while until my first dergs start to sparkle, but i have at least 4-8 dergs that will get this gene...shiny gaolers
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
I can see why some people may not like it, but personally I really like Sparkle. Firefly is good if you want a gentler, more glowy effect, while Sparkle is good for a harsher, more reflective effect. Personally, I think Firefly and Sparkle are equals when it comes to utility.
I can see why some people may not like it, but personally I really like Sparkle. Firefly is good if you want a gentler, more glowy effect, while Sparkle is good for a harsher, more reflective effect. Personally, I think Firefly and Sparkle are equals when it comes to utility.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I think it's extremely cute!
I think it's extremely cute!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
It's fine to me but i'll never use it because i do not like sparkly/shiny genes!
It's fine to me but i'll never use it because i do not like sparkly/shiny genes!
Tertiary genes are optional genes that can be minimal (like firefly), stand out (like scales), or simply not be there with a gene removal, and I find this gene to fit perfectly in the minimal category. It's not clashing imo, and is pretty cute to have on certain dragons (for example if your dragon is made out of gem stones or is very elegant)

Not all genes have to be very elaborate, sometimes even the smallest things makes it work really well
Tertiary genes are optional genes that can be minimal (like firefly), stand out (like scales), or simply not be there with a gene removal, and I find this gene to fit perfectly in the minimal category. It's not clashing imo, and is pretty cute to have on certain dragons (for example if your dragon is made out of gem stones or is very elegant)

Not all genes have to be very elaborate, sometimes even the smallest things makes it work really well
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
I think it's a simple and cute gene, and works great with my night sky themed dragon.
I think it's a simple and cute gene, and works great with my night sky themed dragon.
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
Sparkle is actually not stocking for modern breeds. I love it but I actually can’t have it
*cries*
Sparkle is actually not stocking for modern breeds. I love it but I actually can’t have it
*cries*
tgKCVtZ.png
The folks saying it looks like cheap stickers or the basic star stamp you get in an art program got me curious whether I'd missed something, so... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=159&tertgene=97&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=8da4009043d205041ada43b5b933f2de99795162&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [morphology=2540497] To each their own, but this looks pretty good to me! Yeah, the gradient from the outer to the inner isn't super wild, but it feels like a good compromise between glitz and matchiness, without sparkle drawing the eye so hard it'll make dressing the dragon noisy. There's some extra fun on XXXs, where it ends up looking almost like pollen or spores. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=97&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=9a81e3fe7c67c78bea988aacf4228460b27ea9c8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Also, I love the shape variation--in addition to the big obvious +-shaped sparkles, there's the smaller more rounded ones across the gradient. Very night sky! Personally wouldn't mind it going a [i]bit[/i] lighter in the center of the bigger stars, but the gene looks far from "lazy" to me :) Like firefly, I see myself mostly using it for lighter-colored problem terts or doing that spore/pollen thing.
The folks saying it looks like cheap stickers or the basic star stamp you get in an art program got me curious whether I'd missed something, so...

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=159&tertgene=97&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=8da4009043d205041ada43b5b933f2de99795162&dummyext=prev.png
sporkle

To each their own, but this looks pretty good to me! Yeah, the gradient from the outer to the inner isn't super wild, but it feels like a good compromise between glitz and matchiness, without sparkle drawing the eye so hard it'll make dressing the dragon noisy. There's some extra fun on XXXs, where it ends up looking almost like pollen or spores.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=97&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=9a81e3fe7c67c78bea988aacf4228460b27ea9c8&dummyext=prev.png

Also, I love the shape variation--in addition to the big obvious +-shaped sparkles, there's the smaller more rounded ones across the gradient. Very night sky! Personally wouldn't mind it going a bit lighter in the center of the bigger stars, but the gene looks far from "lazy" to me :)

Like firefly, I see myself mostly using it for lighter-colored problem terts or doing that spore/pollen thing.
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20