Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why exalt expensive hatchlings?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="SockPuppet010" date="2022-03-12 22:43:55" ] I just sold two adult dragons for around 40kt each and they got exalted immediately. They were an old breeding pair I had a soft spot for too :( [/quote] Same here I got about 4 dragon with stories and art priced between 150-200kt or G and they where exalted immediately...
SockPuppet010 wrote on 2022-03-12 22:43:55:
I just sold two adult dragons for around 40kt each and they got exalted immediately. They were an old breeding pair I had a soft spot for too :(

Same here I got about 4 dragon with stories and art priced between 150-200kt or G and they where exalted immediately...
rlz2u583.png oilbvv98.png muh6pb2f.gif
When it is a Dominance battle, fodder floor rises. Cheapest dragons are purchased immediately. However, it does not matter if there is a Dominance battle or not. Price nor any other thing does not protect from exalting. No dragon is safe is from exalting in the end. Regret and mistake purchases are common as well. With a limited lair and den space, exalting is the fastest way to make free space.
When it is a Dominance battle, fodder floor rises. Cheapest dragons are purchased immediately. However, it does not matter if there is a Dominance battle or not. Price nor any other thing does not protect from exalting. No dragon is safe is from exalting in the end. Regret and mistake purchases are common as well. With a limited lair and den space, exalting is the fastest way to make free space.
Happened to me too, and they were beautiful hatchlings. I'm actually annoyed because it was my first breeding of that pair and they were very expensive, and are very important to me. Now their first three hatchlings are always going to be unnamed. If I knew who the person who exalted them was, I'd pay for them to all be revived just so they could at least be named. It's fine, but it will always bother me when I look at the parents.

Wish I'd known there was going to be a dom battle. I will always name my hatchlings before selling them from here on out.
Happened to me too, and they were beautiful hatchlings. I'm actually annoyed because it was my first breeding of that pair and they were very expensive, and are very important to me. Now their first three hatchlings are always going to be unnamed. If I knew who the person who exalted them was, I'd pay for them to all be revived just so they could at least be named. It's fine, but it will always bother me when I look at the parents.

Wish I'd known there was going to be a dom battle. I will always name my hatchlings before selling them from here on out.
pancatcher.png LCqISMP.pngmmoRz30.png
bX96R21.pngWNKiucd.png
eTmFfQ7.png0HBKL8H.png
ZqTATLu.pngBbPx2ym.png
5hF3FGk.pngaaUHYLp.png
62L9xMb.gif plaguebringer.png
@RoseOfInsanity

DOM watch thread lists all known upcoming pushes for at least 3 months out.
Easy to check and mark you calendar or just name all hatchlings.
@RoseOfInsanity

DOM watch thread lists all known upcoming pushes for at least 3 months out.
Easy to check and mark you calendar or just name all hatchlings.
oY137o1.png 7kCMllO.gif63H9Cdn.gif
All of you hardcore Dommers are brave and based, sacrificing your money and time for the benefit of a whole flight. Thank you for your service
All of you hardcore Dommers are brave and based, sacrificing your money and time for the benefit of a whole flight. Thank you for your service
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
For dom battles! A couple hours ago, there were no cheap ones - I sold lvl 7's for up to 100kt in the last few minutes, normally they go for 10kt!

Light wasn't involved in this battle, but in previous ones I too bought overpriced dragons just to exalt them immediately - I usually make up for the loss with what I save with the dom benefits next week, plus I run a dom shop so I make even more profit :D

@RoseOfInsanity jsyk, even if you did find the person and they were willing to use bring them back to name them, they could only name one of them, as you can only restore one dragon every 3 months :( As Growltiger said, there's a dom watch pinglist that you can add yourself to give you a heads up, but imo it's safer to just name any hatchling you sell if you don't like unnamed dragons, as some people buy & exalt/keep unnamed outside of pushes as well
For dom battles! A couple hours ago, there were no cheap ones - I sold lvl 7's for up to 100kt in the last few minutes, normally they go for 10kt!

Light wasn't involved in this battle, but in previous ones I too bought overpriced dragons just to exalt them immediately - I usually make up for the loss with what I save with the dom benefits next week, plus I run a dom shop so I make even more profit :D

@RoseOfInsanity jsyk, even if you did find the person and they were willing to use bring them back to name them, they could only name one of them, as you can only restore one dragon every 3 months :( As Growltiger said, there's a dom watch pinglist that you can add yourself to give you a heads up, but imo it's safer to just name any hatchling you sell if you don't like unnamed dragons, as some people buy & exalt/keep unnamed outside of pushes as well
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
Yeah, the thing about naming and dom battles, especially towards the end of the last day, is that naming takes time, even if you're using the random name generator. The only reason leveled dragons always get named is because you have to name them to put them in the Coli; if you don't care about leveling, you're probably also to the point where you don't care about naming either, you're just exalting to get one more level for your deity. (Also, as a trainer, if I don't care about cost, I'll narrow my search to named adults only just to save myself those extra, precious seconds when crunch time hits!)

Also, if it sometimes seems like buyers are skipping lower-priced dergs, I've found it could be because they're using "old" search templates. During Light's last big push, someone actually messaged me to ask why I--and other--trainers were skipping their fodder, as it was cheaper, and I had no idea what they were talking about. Turned out I was still using my standard AH search, which was for treasure only, adults...and no hibden cooldown, so I could chuck hatchlings in there to age up. So if it sometimes seems like you're being passed over/targeted, it could be as simple as a cooldown or a lack thereof!
Yeah, the thing about naming and dom battles, especially towards the end of the last day, is that naming takes time, even if you're using the random name generator. The only reason leveled dragons always get named is because you have to name them to put them in the Coli; if you don't care about leveling, you're probably also to the point where you don't care about naming either, you're just exalting to get one more level for your deity. (Also, as a trainer, if I don't care about cost, I'll narrow my search to named adults only just to save myself those extra, precious seconds when crunch time hits!)

Also, if it sometimes seems like buyers are skipping lower-priced dergs, I've found it could be because they're using "old" search templates. During Light's last big push, someone actually messaged me to ask why I--and other--trainers were skipping their fodder, as it was cheaper, and I had no idea what they were talking about. Turned out I was still using my standard AH search, which was for treasure only, adults...and no hibden cooldown, so I could chuck hatchlings in there to age up. So if it sometimes seems like you're being passed over/targeted, it could be as simple as a cooldown or a lack thereof!
9o5YF7O.png
Comments shared here is a reason why it's important to keep an eye on how dominance is going. We rarely have dom battles, but when we do... assume that nothing is safe and pull anything you don't want to be exalted out of AH and wait until Sunday.
Comments shared here is a reason why it's important to keep an eye on how dominance is going. We rarely have dom battles, but when we do... assume that nothing is safe and pull anything you don't want to be exalted out of AH and wait until Sunday.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
conquest pushes truly do just Be Like That, prices are truly unpredictable during those times. last night is the most insane i've seen it in a good while! everyone here has kinda already listed the main reasons why stuff like this happens, but i'd like to note that you should always name your dragons before selling if you want them named. some people just don't have the time, or dom time constraints simply don't allow it. big battles are super intense!

and for dragons that are perhaps oldies or come with lore/art, consider making a forum post for them instead! if someone's looking in dragon sales to buy a dragon, they're like a 95% chance they don't intend to exalt.

it does happen though. nobody is truly safe from exaltation, that is simply a fact of life & dominance
conquest pushes truly do just Be Like That, prices are truly unpredictable during those times. last night is the most insane i've seen it in a good while! everyone here has kinda already listed the main reasons why stuff like this happens, but i'd like to note that you should always name your dragons before selling if you want them named. some people just don't have the time, or dom time constraints simply don't allow it. big battles are super intense!

and for dragons that are perhaps oldies or come with lore/art, consider making a forum post for them instead! if someone's looking in dragon sales to buy a dragon, they're like a 95% chance they don't intend to exalt.

it does happen though. nobody is truly safe from exaltation, that is simply a fact of life & dominance
========371e51cb10dbced1e872823085f3507d7ec2d415.png =
=chime | it/it's | fr +3
=ping me please! i may not notice otherwise!
=avatar dragon | meditate hoard
===Gif of Chimecho from Pokemon's sprite in Generation 6.
If you name cheap dragons you will make dom exalters happy too, it's a pain to name over 300 dragons one by one.
If you name cheap dragons you will make dom exalters happy too, it's a pain to name over 300 dragons one by one.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8