Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why exalt expensive hatchlings?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I just wish that people buying hatchlings I put up for 20k would take two seconds and name them before exalting them. *grumble* Entire clutch unnamed from this pair, 20k each, and the punk's flight didn't even win, argh.
I just wish that people buying hatchlings I put up for 20k would take two seconds and name them before exalting them. *grumble* Entire clutch unnamed from this pair, 20k each, and the punk's flight didn't even win, argh.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
Someone bought a 100kt fully-gened G1 from me and exalted immediatly for NvP. I'm not gonna complain tho, that's money in my wallet [emoji=money bag size=1]
Someone bought a 100kt fully-gened G1 from me and exalted immediatly for NvP. I'm not gonna complain tho, that's money in my wallet
6klg2iF.png
@crowbartender during dom battles, the floor can vary widely, it’s difficult to say what safe may be, either don’t list them until after the push, watch the market closely hand if the have an exalt bonus or are getting within a few thousand treasure of what they are listed for take them down and relist higher. The last day of the push is usually the most volitale
Even outside of dom battles pricey dragons can be exalted for a loss for a variety of reasons (mis-purchase, accidentally bought a related dragon, found a better mate/dragon, thin the competition, etc) so there is never a ‘safe’ price
@crowbartender during dom battles, the floor can vary widely, it’s difficult to say what safe may be, either don’t list them until after the push, watch the market closely hand if the have an exalt bonus or are getting within a few thousand treasure of what they are listed for take them down and relist higher. The last day of the push is usually the most volitale
Even outside of dom battles pricey dragons can be exalted for a loss for a variety of reasons (mis-purchase, accidentally bought a related dragon, found a better mate/dragon, thin the competition, etc) so there is never a ‘safe’ price
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
i honestly do not care where dragons i sell end up as, whether as perma or fodder. i'm just happy seeing my treasure / gem count increase lol.

but back to your question, ppl exalt dragons in their own lair because they can.
i honestly do not care where dragons i sell end up as, whether as perma or fodder. i'm just happy seeing my treasure / gem count increase lol.

but back to your question, ppl exalt dragons in their own lair because they can.
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
midwxst

he / him
fr +3
[quote name="Epsereth" date="2022-03-13 07:31:15" ] I just wish that people buying hatchlings I put up for 20k would take two seconds and name them before exalting them. *grumble* Entire clutch unnamed from this pair, 20k each, and the punk's flight didn't even win, argh. [/quote] During dom pushes every second counts, naming hatchlings takes valuable time especially when a player may be exalting hundreds of hatchlings in a go. If unnamed dragons bother you name them while they belong to you rather than expect someone else to do the task for you,
Epsereth wrote on 2022-03-13 07:31:15:
During dom pushes every second counts, naming hatchlings takes valuable time especially when a player may be exalting hundreds of hatchlings in a go. If unnamed dragons bother you name them while they belong to you rather than expect someone else to do the task for you,
@DragonSage 20k has been a safe price since I started playing on launch. It's bad etiquette, and I'm allowed to be annoyed. Thanks. :)
@DragonSage 20k has been a safe price since I started playing on launch. It's bad etiquette, and I'm allowed to be annoyed. Thanks. :)
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@Epsereth

Hi! While normally yes 20kt is a “general” safe price, I use the term general because there’s still regret buys or clearing out dragons for space, there is no guarantee that a dragon will ever be safe, especially during a dom fight where the fodder floor can fluctuate wildly . And when you’re down to the last minute, every second counts. It’s sucks having your dragons exalted unnamed, but most people who are buying a dragon will just buy a rename scroll if needed. It’s not bad etiquette if that’s how someone else plays the game.
@Epsereth

Hi! While normally yes 20kt is a “general” safe price, I use the term general because there’s still regret buys or clearing out dragons for space, there is no guarantee that a dragon will ever be safe, especially during a dom fight where the fodder floor can fluctuate wildly . And when you’re down to the last minute, every second counts. It’s sucks having your dragons exalted unnamed, but most people who are buying a dragon will just buy a rename scroll if needed. It’s not bad etiquette if that’s how someone else plays the game.
CCphzwS.png Gem to Treasure Sales
Dom Shop
[quote name="EternallySacred" date="2022-03-13 08:32:51" ] It's not bad etiquette if that’s how someone else plays the game. [/quote] That's not how etiquette works, lol. I'm not going to get into another argument about this because it's been annoying since the game launched, and it will continue to be annoying with or without the approval of the people doing the annoying thing.
EternallySacred wrote on 2022-03-13 08:32:51:
It's not bad etiquette if that’s how someone else plays the game.

That's not how etiquette works, lol. I'm not going to get into another argument about this because it's been annoying since the game launched, and it will continue to be annoying with or without the approval of the people doing the annoying thing.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@epsereth I’ve also been playing since launch and especially during dom battles no price is considered safe.

the general advice has always been if you care about your offspring list to name your dragons because once it leaves your lair it’s not your dragon.

You can consider it bad etiquette to exalt unnamed but many others assume the previous owner doesn’t care if they didn’t name it.

Even a keeper dragon could be left unnamed forever because the new owner quits or never bothers naming their dragons or wants a particular dragon unnamed for lore reasons
@epsereth I’ve also been playing since launch and especially during dom battles no price is considered safe.

the general advice has always been if you care about your offspring list to name your dragons because once it leaves your lair it’s not your dragon.

You can consider it bad etiquette to exalt unnamed but many others assume the previous owner doesn’t care if they didn’t name it.

Even a keeper dragon could be left unnamed forever because the new owner quits or never bothers naming their dragons or wants a particular dragon unnamed for lore reasons
[quote name="Epsereth" date="2022-03-13 07:31:15" ] I just wish that people buying hatchlings I put up for 20k would take two seconds and name them before exalting them. *grumble* Entire clutch unnamed from this pair, 20k each, and the punk's flight didn't even win, argh. [/quote] If you like named offspring lists, why not try naming them before you sell? I used to list all of my hatchlings as unnamed but now I play safe and name them all first!
Epsereth wrote on 2022-03-13 07:31:15:

If you like named offspring lists, why not try naming them before you sell? I used to list all of my hatchlings as unnamed but now I play safe and name them all first!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8