Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MAP][ART] The Behemoth IS the Labyrinth
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
@Halkiierid ping me!!
@Halkiierid ping me!!
5bo5hOU.pngfWYy1BR.png0F7jZQ6.pnga5jtoDO.pnglhNyXgq.gif
Aaand I went ahead and made an Earth thread.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3108884
Aaand I went ahead and made an Earth thread.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3108884
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
My favorite part about this; nature is quite literally reclaiming the dead.
My favorite part about this; nature is quite literally reclaiming the dead.
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
[quote name="Halkiierid" date="2022-02-28 15:08:56" ]Another thing about volcanic regions- they typically have wonderfully fertile soil. It's why people moved back into the area around Mt. Vesuvius after what happened to Pompeii- you might be living next to a gigantic natural bomb, but it's great wine country. However, given that Nature doesn't seem to be dealing with any volcanic issues at the moment, it seems likely that the Labyrinth is built on a dead volcano. In that case, the massive buildup of organic material would be keeping it from slowly eroding to the point where it sinks back underwater. [/quote] So you know how, in site lore, coatls have to return to Fire for mating season, because Flamecaller can't let go? Nature coatls definitely steal all the volcanic soil they can carry, huh.
Halkiierid wrote on 2022-02-28 15:08:56:
Another thing about volcanic regions- they typically have wonderfully fertile soil. It's why people moved back into the area around Mt. Vesuvius after what happened to Pompeii- you might be living next to a gigantic natural bomb, but it's great wine country.

However, given that Nature doesn't seem to be dealing with any volcanic issues at the moment, it seems likely that the Labyrinth is built on a dead volcano. In that case, the massive buildup of organic material would be keeping it from slowly eroding to the point where it sinks back underwater.

So you know how, in site lore, coatls have to return to Fire for mating season, because Flamecaller can't let go?

Nature coatls definitely steal all the volcanic soil they can carry, huh.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png40.png
Oh man oh man [i]oh man[/i]. My clan is right up against the bole, but I am 100% going to start an underground component. It's going to be part Nausicaa, part that one section with the Tzimisce antediluvian in Vampire: the Masquerade - Nights of Prophecy, minus the meat. (Some highlights: vine veins that meet together at beating 'hearts', huge clusters of buds that open to release butterflies, mouth-like orchids that eat said butterflies, glowing seed pods that grow eyes and legs and turn into toads, flocks of birds that gather together to form a face, a wolf made of leaves. In this case, the massive tree featured in it is the avatar of the antediluvian, but these could absolutely work as part of the greater Behemoth ecosystem, too.) Further thoughts: [LIST] [*] Huge bracket mushrooms that are almost as hard as the wood they're growing on, ranging from 'big enough to put ornaments on' to 'useful as a ladder' to 'this Imperial has a bedroom on one'. [*] Something like those sparkly caves in FernGully! I imagine the glowing bits could be glow worms, or bioluminscent mushrooms, or the like. [img]https://i.imgur.com/6012ByM.png[/img] [*] Huge Ominous Bones(tm). [i]Something[/i] fell down there once. It didn't come back up. Now, it's home for others! [*] Something akin to the Jellyshrooms in Subnautica. In-game, these are inhabited by crabsnakes. Since it wouldn't exactly be underwater (probably), smaller dragons like Fae or Spirals could fly in and out of them instead! [img]https://i.imgur.com/im0mkVZ.png[/img] [*] Dragons that originated from other flights but now happily live in Nature could have display gardens! Former Arcane members growing underground forests that resemble the Starwood Strand, former Shadow members replicating the Wispwillow Grove... these could be a home away from home, or a way to share culture, or a way to study the plants that grow in those regions from the comfort of the Labyrinth. [*] Flights that work decently in the Undercolonies: Plague (exploring the similarities between them and Nature, maybe there could be unofficial alliances), Shadow (comfortable in the darkest places), Arcane and Lightning (weird experiments galore!), Earth (used to being below ground), some Water (those used to the deep). Wind and Light might not function well underground - too far from the sun and fresh air. [/LIST]
Oh man oh man oh man.

My clan is right up against the bole, but I am 100% going to start an underground component. It's going to be part Nausicaa, part that one section with the Tzimisce antediluvian in Vampire: the Masquerade - Nights of Prophecy, minus the meat. (Some highlights: vine veins that meet together at beating 'hearts', huge clusters of buds that open to release butterflies, mouth-like orchids that eat said butterflies, glowing seed pods that grow eyes and legs and turn into toads, flocks of birds that gather together to form a face, a wolf made of leaves. In this case, the massive tree featured in it is the avatar of the antediluvian, but these could absolutely work as part of the greater Behemoth ecosystem, too.)

Further thoughts:
  • Huge bracket mushrooms that are almost as hard as the wood they're growing on, ranging from 'big enough to put ornaments on' to 'useful as a ladder' to 'this Imperial has a bedroom on one'.
  • Something like those sparkly caves in FernGully! I imagine the glowing bits could be glow worms, or bioluminscent mushrooms, or the like.

6012ByM.png
  • Huge Ominous Bones(tm). Something fell down there once. It didn't come back up. Now, it's home for others!
  • Something akin to the Jellyshrooms in Subnautica. In-game, these are inhabited by crabsnakes. Since it wouldn't exactly be underwater (probably), smaller dragons like Fae or Spirals could fly in and out of them instead!

im0mkVZ.png
  • Dragons that originated from other flights but now happily live in Nature could have display gardens! Former Arcane members growing underground forests that resemble the Starwood Strand, former Shadow members replicating the Wispwillow Grove... these could be a home away from home, or a way to share culture, or a way to study the plants that grow in those regions from the comfort of the Labyrinth.
  • Flights that work decently in the Undercolonies: Plague (exploring the similarities between them and Nature, maybe there could be unofficial alliances), Shadow (comfortable in the darkest places), Arcane and Lightning (weird experiments galore!), Earth (used to being below ground), some Water (those used to the deep). Wind and Light might not function well underground - too far from the sun and fresh air.
DiZLrc5.png MUYNhfy.png
7A7cEAI.png
nmHdjnM.png
FObX7rS.png
DxCICZ1.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Flyteofheart" date="2021-03-01 19:27:05" ] [quote name="Gryphling" date="2021-03-01 16:31:55" ] I was just posting on another thread about how I think the Scarred Wasteland's "meat dirt" is actually a fungus network like the giant honey mushroom in Oregon! It would be pretty poetic if the Behemoth were doing the same thing. Nature and Plague's respective superorganisms spreading thru the earth on opposite sides corners of the continent... [/quote] I am literally dying rn and I think you are right. Both nature and plague are giant organisms. Its so metal. I'm never more glad than to be in nature. Esp now that we have the Pox Consolate as a location. [/quote] The new lore confirms that the Scarred Wasteland [i]is[/i] actually made of meat, disproving my theory. Plague Flight has gone from Humongous Fungus to Mystery Flesh Pit. Shouldn't have been a surprise lol
Flyteofheart wrote on 2021-03-01 19:27:05:
Gryphling wrote on 2021-03-01 16:31:55:
I was just posting on another thread about how I think the Scarred Wasteland's "meat dirt" is actually a fungus network like the giant honey mushroom in Oregon! It would be pretty poetic if the Behemoth were doing the same thing. Nature and Plague's respective superorganisms spreading thru the earth on opposite sides corners of the continent...

I am literally dying rn and I think you are right. Both nature and plague are giant organisms. Its so metal. I'm never more glad than to be in nature. Esp now that we have the Pox Consolate as a location.

The new lore confirms that the Scarred Wasteland is actually made of meat, disproving my theory. Plague Flight has gone from Humongous Fungus to Mystery Flesh Pit. Shouldn't have been a surprise lol
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
oh my gods I forgot to respond to so many people. I'LL DO THAT EVENTUALLY COME SMACK ME IF I DON'T BUT IN THE MEANTIME it seems like the new staff post about Tidelord's continued absence supports the idea that there won't be any major worldstate changes until the fabled Adventure Mode drops: [quote]The same is also true for hanging plot threads in other Bounty of the Elements events, Ancient breed releases, and the Beastclans on the Rise storylines. They’re all plotlines set up to launch you into the adventure/campaign feature when it arrives.[/quote] Not to say they [i]couldn't[/i] do something, but I'd guess they wouldn't introduce anything that'd majorly shift those narratives, ex: huge reveals about Nature that'd overshadow or resolve the First Seed narrative. Of course, one of the worries working on major worldbuild stuff like the Rootbed is its frailty; if Xhaztol comes in tomorrow and says that the only thing beneath the Behemoth is the DashCon Ballpit, welp. So barring that, it does sound like we might be safe for awhile! Silver linings [emoji=wildclaw laughing size=2]
oh my gods I forgot to respond to so many people.

I'LL DO THAT EVENTUALLY COME SMACK ME IF I DON'T BUT IN THE MEANTIME it seems like the new staff post about Tidelord's continued absence supports the idea that there won't be any major worldstate changes until the fabled Adventure Mode drops:
Quote:
The same is also true for hanging plot threads in other Bounty of the Elements events, Ancient breed releases, and the Beastclans on the Rise storylines. They’re all plotlines set up to launch you into the adventure/campaign feature when it arrives.

Not to say they couldn't do something, but I'd guess they wouldn't introduce anything that'd majorly shift those narratives, ex: huge reveals about Nature that'd overshadow or resolve the First Seed narrative. Of course, one of the worries working on major worldbuild stuff like the Rootbed is its frailty; if Xhaztol comes in tomorrow and says that the only thing beneath the Behemoth is the DashCon Ballpit, welp.

So barring that, it does sound like we might be safe for awhile! Silver linings
cL9yafY.gif
So I guess I was inspired so I doodled up an ancient.. not an eldritch horror but hey I think they're cool Ignore the bad handwriting ahah [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/650830135422877736/969633041024696340/IMG_20220429_111325042.jpg[/img] Edit: I'm making them a closed species dangit
So I guess I was inspired so I doodled up an ancient.. not an eldritch horror but hey I think they're cool
Ignore the bad handwriting ahah

IMG_20220429_111325042.jpg

Edit: I'm making them a closed species dangit
I am Trying to fix my signature but I am struggling. Please excuse the mess for now
Untitled433_20210801051058.png
WKtl2lb.png
Untitled353_20210801045801.png
°

°
219OsL8.gif Untitled353_20210801045801.png Hey there! I'm Chill/Flora. I use She/Her pronouns.
Gotta fix my sig
very inactive :(
Untitled353_20210801045801.png
Untitled433_20210801051058.png
unknown.png
This is why I love nature
This is why I love nature
ex5BGkW.png
I haven't read the entire thread but has anyone suggested the brambles in Shadow's dominion are actually part of the behemoth?
I haven't read the entire thread but has anyone suggested the brambles in Shadow's dominion are actually part of the behemoth?
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22