Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So soon? Hoard+Vault
1 2 3 4
While I am ever excited for map update, I want the hoard revamp way more. A way to separate my Baldwin materials so they don't get in the way of Select All would be a lifesaver.
While I am ever excited for map update, I want the hoard revamp way more. A way to separate my Baldwin materials so they don't get in the way of Select All would be a lifesaver.
4QFtgPW.png
Super duper excited about the map update when it does come out, but it's definitely a huge undertaking if they're doing all the things they said they're doing with it--all those new locations, potentially with their own illustrations, and the whole map itself getting redone, it's a ton to take into account. Plus they're likely trying to update it with all the new lore that's been uncovered due to recent events, as well as the new approach to style they're taking in general (like how they've been revamping some old apparel!)

I'd much rather they took their time with it while rolling out other QoL updates in the meantime, if they rushed the map and only put in half the effort, it wouldn't be as good of an update as we're hoping for. The hoard / vault update is a pretty nice one, since the current layout is a bit outdated for how many items now exist on the site :)
Super duper excited about the map update when it does come out, but it's definitely a huge undertaking if they're doing all the things they said they're doing with it--all those new locations, potentially with their own illustrations, and the whole map itself getting redone, it's a ton to take into account. Plus they're likely trying to update it with all the new lore that's been uncovered due to recent events, as well as the new approach to style they're taking in general (like how they've been revamping some old apparel!)

I'd much rather they took their time with it while rolling out other QoL updates in the meantime, if they rushed the map and only put in half the effort, it wouldn't be as good of an update as we're hoping for. The hoard / vault update is a pretty nice one, since the current layout is a bit outdated for how many items now exist on the site :)
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
The hoard revamp being so soon is such a nice surprise. I am super stoked to see it in action!
The hoard revamp being so soon is such a nice surprise. I am super stoked to see it in action!
uCR5SCW.png
When that happens, I will be waiting to end it again thanks to my doomsday lore cult
When that happens, I will be waiting to end it again thanks to my doomsday lore cult
AND-GOD-SAID.png
I agree with most everyone. The map update is going to be nice when it comes, but from the sounds of it, unless it comes with some surprises, it isn't going to be a huge game changer. It is going to be mostly visual updates and a couple of extras (which absolutely sound fun, don't get me wrong).

However, things like the hoard have needed a revamp for much longer than we have known about the map update, and the fact that we are getting it so soon after announcement is a surprise, but a good one. It is/was much more needed than the map update.

For the next update, I personally want the MP revamp to be focused on next, because that is another area that desperately needs updating, due to the ancient breeds and their scrolls.

After that, I personally want adventure mode, but realize that won't be coming for a while, so would take the map update in its place ;)
I agree with most everyone. The map update is going to be nice when it comes, but from the sounds of it, unless it comes with some surprises, it isn't going to be a huge game changer. It is going to be mostly visual updates and a couple of extras (which absolutely sound fun, don't get me wrong).

However, things like the hoard have needed a revamp for much longer than we have known about the map update, and the fact that we are getting it so soon after announcement is a surprise, but a good one. It is/was much more needed than the map update.

For the next update, I personally want the MP revamp to be focused on next, because that is another area that desperately needs updating, due to the ancient breeds and their scrolls.

After that, I personally want adventure mode, but realize that won't be coming for a while, so would take the map update in its place ;)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2020-10-15 22:06:37" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2020-10-15 20:28:06" ] It's been answered a few times in this thread already, but the World Map is a gargantuan art project, and it is absolutely still in progress (just approved some concepts for the Sea of a Thousand Currents a couple weeks ago, as a matter of fact). That being said, we're actively evaluating and shifting priorities as a team to bring features and revamps that will either help or satisfy the largest collection of players as possible. The World Map is nice and we're super stoked about it, but it's not as integral as the game's inventory systems. Every single one of you uses the Hoard on a daily basis, so we're putting a lot of effort into getting that out so that everyone can make use of the new quality of life changes it will bring. [/quote] [center]With this information I renounce all of my doubts about if I was still being excited beyond compare and I can now say my excitement has been renewed tenfold to last another two to three years. The great and knowledgeable Xhaztol has properly sated my curiosity! But I must ask if we will be getting any kind of update on its progression within the next year? I’m sure the community would be happy to get a paragraph or even a short bullet list of the maps progress. I know the one post here has satisfied me and increased my excitement exponentially.[/center] [/quote] this right here. i've heard about the map update and seeing the picture of Sunbeam Ruins it looks MAGNIFICENT e/ i don't mean to make a mile-long post bUT [quote name="Skyfrost" date="2020-10-16 07:09:33" ] When that happens, I will be waiting to end it again thanks to my doomsday lore cult [/quote] [b][i]sky no[/i][/b]
Mystiek wrote on 2020-10-15 22:06:37:
Xhaztol wrote on 2020-10-15 20:28:06:
It's been answered a few times in this thread already, but the World Map is a gargantuan art project, and it is absolutely still in progress (just approved some concepts for the Sea of a Thousand Currents a couple weeks ago, as a matter of fact).

That being said, we're actively evaluating and shifting priorities as a team to bring features and revamps that will either help or satisfy the largest collection of players as possible. The World Map is nice and we're super stoked about it, but it's not as integral as the game's inventory systems.

Every single one of you uses the Hoard on a daily basis, so we're putting a lot of effort into getting that out so that everyone can make use of the new quality of life changes it will bring.
With this information I renounce all of my doubts about if I was still being excited beyond compare and I can now say my excitement has been renewed tenfold to last another two to three years.

The great and knowledgeable Xhaztol has properly sated my curiosity!

But I must ask if we will be getting any kind of update on its progression within the next year? I’m sure the community would be happy to get a paragraph or even a short bullet list of the maps progress. I know the one post here has satisfied me and increased my excitement exponentially.

this right here. i've heard about the map update and seeing the picture of Sunbeam Ruins it looks MAGNIFICENT

e/ i don't mean to make a mile-long post bUT
Skyfrost wrote on 2020-10-16 07:09:33:
sky no
[quote name="Skyfrost" date="2020-10-16 07:09:33" ] When that happens, I will be waiting to end it again thanks to my doomsday lore [s]cult[/s] [/quote] [I]s sky, wHAt arE yOu PlANNing?[/i]
Skyfrost wrote on 2020-10-16 07:09:33:
s sky, wHAt arE yOu PlANNing?
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
I forgot about the map update. I'm stoked for the Hoard update.
I forgot about the map update. I'm stoked for the Hoard update.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2020-10-15 22:06:37" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2020-10-15 20:28:06" ] It's been answered a few times in this thread already, but the World Map is a gargantuan art project, and it is absolutely still in progress (just approved some concepts for the Sea of a Thousand Currents a couple weeks ago, as a matter of fact). That being said, we're actively evaluating and shifting priorities as a team to bring features and revamps that will either help or satisfy the largest collection of players as possible. The World Map is nice and we're super stoked about it, but it's not as integral as the game's inventory systems. Every single one of you uses the Hoard on a daily basis, so we're putting a lot of effort into getting that out so that everyone can make use of the new quality of life changes it will bring. [/quote] [center]With this information I renounce all of my doubts about if I was still being excited beyond compare and I can now say my excitement has been renewed tenfold to last another two to three years. The great and knowledgeable Xhaztol has properly sated my curiosity! But I must ask if we will be getting any kind of update on its progression within the next year? I’m sure the community would be happy to get a paragraph or even a short bullet list of the maps progress. I know the one post here has satisfied me and increased my excitement exponentially.[/center] [/quote] I've managed to stay pretty excited, but I do agree I'd love another sneak peek! Not upset that we are waiting at all, but the new art looks wonderful and I'd love to get just a tiny look at more bits,,,, [emoji=special eyes size=1] [emoji=special eyes size=1]
Mystiek wrote on 2020-10-15 22:06:37:
Xhaztol wrote on 2020-10-15 20:28:06:
It's been answered a few times in this thread already, but the World Map is a gargantuan art project, and it is absolutely still in progress (just approved some concepts for the Sea of a Thousand Currents a couple weeks ago, as a matter of fact).

That being said, we're actively evaluating and shifting priorities as a team to bring features and revamps that will either help or satisfy the largest collection of players as possible. The World Map is nice and we're super stoked about it, but it's not as integral as the game's inventory systems.

Every single one of you uses the Hoard on a daily basis, so we're putting a lot of effort into getting that out so that everyone can make use of the new quality of life changes it will bring.
With this information I renounce all of my doubts about if I was still being excited beyond compare and I can now say my excitement has been renewed tenfold to last another two to three years.

The great and knowledgeable Xhaztol has properly sated my curiosity!

But I must ask if we will be getting any kind of update on its progression within the next year? I’m sure the community would be happy to get a paragraph or even a short bullet list of the maps progress. I know the one post here has satisfied me and increased my excitement exponentially.

I've managed to stay pretty excited, but I do agree I'd love another sneak peek! Not upset that we are waiting at all, but the new art looks wonderful and I'd love to get just a tiny look at more bits,,,,
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
My inventory in this game is rarely used, but that is only because I can't really see what I need to with it. Once this revamp comes out I know I'll be in the hoard heavily for quite a while getting everything cleaned up and organized. I can't wait to be able to actually manage everything. It is going to be great!
My inventory in this game is rarely used, but that is only because I can't really see what I need to with it. Once this revamp comes out I know I'll be in the hoard heavily for quite a while getting everything cleaned up and organized. I can't wait to be able to actually manage everything. It is going to be great!
TqnrXGL.png o hatchery
o spotlight
o BTV Veils
o subspecies
o kennel club
o lore: clan saga
1 2 3 4