Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So soon? Hoard+Vault
1 2 3 4
Strongly agree with the sentiment that the map update (and other art-heavy updates) can take as long as it needs to to be fabulous! I'm not surprised it's taking longer, since art tends to be a huge delay for pretty much every visual aspect of the site, and I'd rather it take longer than be rushed. It's gonna be great, and I'm excited, but I'm in no hurry. Meanwhile, I will take all the QOL updates that the coders can manage to pack in, and the hoard update is gonna be so huge and so so so so helpful! [emoji=ridgeback love size=1] I was [i]hoping[/i] it got the spotlight because it was almost done and the devs just wanted some feedback before release. I think the thing about QOL updates is that once you get used to them, they slip under the radar because we get used to them. People talk about things like the old AH but plenty of people didn't even experience it, these days. I haven't seen people talk about the old profiles or the old Bestiary since we got used to the new ones. They're not fancy like bits of apparel you can slap on your dragon— but even tiny shifts can be so game-changing and make the user experience so, so much better that it's even more fun to be on the site, and this is gonna be one of those for me. (My hoard is an absolute mess right now. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1])
Strongly agree with the sentiment that the map update (and other art-heavy updates) can take as long as it needs to to be fabulous! I'm not surprised it's taking longer, since art tends to be a huge delay for pretty much every visual aspect of the site, and I'd rather it take longer than be rushed. It's gonna be great, and I'm excited, but I'm in no hurry.

Meanwhile, I will take all the QOL updates that the coders can manage to pack in, and the hoard update is gonna be so huge and so so so so helpful! I was hoping it got the spotlight because it was almost done and the devs just wanted some feedback before release. I think the thing about QOL updates is that once you get used to them, they slip under the radar because we get used to them. People talk about things like the old AH but plenty of people didn't even experience it, these days. I haven't seen people talk about the old profiles or the old Bestiary since we got used to the new ones. They're not fancy like bits of apparel you can slap on your dragon— but even tiny shifts can be so game-changing and make the user experience so, so much better that it's even more fun to be on the site, and this is gonna be one of those for me. (My hoard is an absolute mess right now. )
I'm excited about the hoard update, I swear. As someone who is looking to accumulate full stacks of most items on the site, this update is going to be a real lifesaver for my tracking and organizing.

At the same time though, the reason I'm sad and vocal about the map update is because of how long ago it was teased and we had no more word until just yesterday. I understand art takes time, I'm an artist myself, I can't imagine the undertaking with that particular project. I only wish we could get tiny updates a little more often on it, just to keep reinforcing the fact that it is coming. Roughly two years of silence on it was, well, a little rough imo.
I'm excited about the hoard update, I swear. As someone who is looking to accumulate full stacks of most items on the site, this update is going to be a real lifesaver for my tracking and organizing.

At the same time though, the reason I'm sad and vocal about the map update is because of how long ago it was teased and we had no more word until just yesterday. I understand art takes time, I'm an artist myself, I can't imagine the undertaking with that particular project. I only wish we could get tiny updates a little more often on it, just to keep reinforcing the fact that it is coming. Roughly two years of silence on it was, well, a little rough imo.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
1 2 3 4