Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Saddest things you've found on FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
If that new gem ancient comes out as shadow's ancient I'll be in mourning for a month.
If that new gem ancient comes out as shadow's ancient I'll be in mourning for a month.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
[quote name="Asmo" date="2020-08-15 22:47:16" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2020-08-14 12:10:02" ] Abandoned or locked accounts being raided so other users can have their stuff would make us sad :c [/quote] Locked and abandoned accounts are not freebies to get plundered from. The thought to get stuff is nice, but morally it's completely wrong. People still having that mindset makes me sad if anything. [/quote] I hate seeing the exact dragons I need for a project in old locked or abandoned accounts, but I would never demand to have them for free. Maybe an auction house page for it? Redistribution? Not even the dragons themselves but copies being sold? Idk “that mindset” but like... why would you care about your stuff after leaving?
Asmo wrote on 2020-08-15 22:47:16:
Lonin wrote on 2020-08-14 12:10:02:
Abandoned or locked accounts being raided so other users can have their stuff would make us sad :c

Locked and abandoned accounts are not freebies to get plundered from. The thought to get stuff is nice, but morally it's completely wrong.
People still having that mindset makes me sad if anything.
I hate seeing the exact dragons I need for a project in old locked or abandoned accounts, but I would never demand to have them for free. Maybe an auction house page for it? Redistribution? Not even the dragons themselves but copies being sold?

Idk “that mindset” but like... why would you care about your stuff after leaving?
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Mispricing expensive items. I remember I bought metallurgistt's forgetools for 280kt when the going price was around 8-10kg,, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel bad.
Mispricing expensive items. I remember I bought metallurgistt's forgetools for 280kt when the going price was around 8-10kg,, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel bad.
People bullying someone for being new or not knowing something always makes me pretty sad. See it a lot when a newbie accidentally necros a thread, or posts in the wrong area. Or accidentally using the wrong pinglist, apologizing, and still getting 5 angry posts about it.

I guess they don't even have to be new tbh, just shows how quick people are to jump on someone for making a mistake
People bullying someone for being new or not knowing something always makes me pretty sad. See it a lot when a newbie accidentally necros a thread, or posts in the wrong area. Or accidentally using the wrong pinglist, apologizing, and still getting 5 angry posts about it.

I guess they don't even have to be new tbh, just shows how quick people are to jump on someone for making a mistake
[quote name="Erniath" date="2020-08-16 05:36:08" ] [quote name="Asmo" date="2020-08-15 22:47:16" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2020-08-14 12:10:02" ] Abandoned or locked accounts being raided so other users can have their stuff would make us sad :c [/quote] Locked and abandoned accounts are not freebies to get plundered from. The thought to get stuff is nice, but morally it's completely wrong. People still having that mindset makes me sad if anything. [/quote] I hate seeing the exact dragons I need for a project in old locked or abandoned accounts, but I would never demand to have them for free. Maybe an auction house page for it? Redistribution? Not even the dragons themselves but copies being sold? Idk “that mindset” but like... why would you care about your stuff after leaving? [/quote] I'm the kind of person who can give up the game for years and then want to come back. This usually lasts for 3-4 years. And I've done this more than once with other games. If I wanted to do that with FR, I'd like to see my dragons the same way I left them. I don't like the idea that someone could steal my favorite dragon, breed him and then exalt him. This is exactly what happens to the dragons that I sold. Dragons for breeding projects usually go to exalting for fodder prices after their owner getting the desired result. I'd like to see that happen to my dragons? NO. Now to sell a dragon not for fodder price can take up to six months. Are you ready to keep dragons for so long and not breed anyone? I don't think so. In addition, unbred dragons are much more valuable and easier to sell, because many users do not like lists of offspring. If we talk about the saddest thing - it is to see how entire lairs are sold out at fodder prices when someone decides to leave the game. And a lot of beautiful dragons go to exalting.
Erniath wrote on 2020-08-16 05:36:08:
Abandoned or locked accounts being raided so other users can have their stuff would make us sad :c

Locked and abandoned accounts are not freebies to get plundered from. The thought to get stuff is nice, but morally it's completely wrong.
I hate seeing the exact dragons I need for a project in old locked or abandoned accounts, but I would never demand to have them for free. Maybe an auction house page for it? Redistribution? Not even the dragons themselves but copies being sold?

Idk “that mindset” but like... why would you care about your stuff after leaving?

I'm the kind of person who can give up the game for years and then want to come back. This usually lasts for 3-4 years. And I've done this more than once with other games. If I wanted to do that with FR, I'd like to see my dragons the same way I left them.
I don't like the idea that someone could steal my favorite dragon, breed him and then exalt him. This is exactly what happens to the dragons that I sold.
Dragons for breeding projects usually go to exalting for fodder prices after their owner getting the desired result. I'd like to see that happen to my dragons? NO.
Now to sell a dragon not for fodder price can take up to six months. Are you ready to keep dragons for so long and not breed anyone? I don't think so.
In addition, unbred dragons are much more valuable and easier to sell, because many users do not like lists of offspring.

If we talk about the saddest thing - it is to see how entire lairs are sold out at fodder prices when someone decides to leave the game. And a lot of beautiful dragons go to exalting.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-08-14 09:42:51" ] Vial of Scattersight [/quote]
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-08-14 09:42:51:
Vial of Scattersight
Confusing Parchment Scrap [Milo | He/Him]

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-08-14 09:42:51" ] Vial of Scattersight [/quote] But other than that, I find tribute dragons quite sad. Though sweet, that a loved one can be remembered in such a way.
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-08-14 09:42:51:
Vial of Scattersight

But other than that, I find tribute dragons quite sad. Though sweet, that a loved one can be remembered in such a way.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
accounts that once seemed like they were teeming with life, only now to be abandoned.
accounts that once seemed like they were teeming with life, only now to be abandoned.
[quote name="Asmo" date="2020-08-15 22:47:16" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2020-08-14 12:10:02" ] Abandoned or locked accounts being raided so other users can have their stuff would make us sad :c [/quote] Locked and abandoned accounts are not freebies to get plundered from. The thought to get stuff is nice, but morally it's completely wrong. People still having that mindset makes me sad if anything. [/quote] Same! As someone who left FR for about a year and eventually came back, it would have been heartbreaking if my dragons or my festival things had been given away to someone just because they happened to be active when I wasn't.

Same! As someone who left FR for about a year and eventually came back, it would have been heartbreaking if my dragons or my festival things had been given away to someone just because they happened to be active when I wasn't.
[quote name="YawningDodo" date="2020-08-16 08:09:43" ] [quote name="Asmo" date="2020-08-15 22:47:16" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2020-08-14 12:10:02" ] Abandoned or locked accounts being raided so other users can have their stuff would make us sad :c [/quote] Locked and abandoned accounts are not freebies to get plundered from. The thought to get stuff is nice, but morally it's completely wrong. People still having that mindset makes me sad if anything. [/quote] Same! As someone who left FR for about a year and eventually came back, it would have been heartbreaking if my dragons or my festival things had been given away to someone just because they happened to be active when I wasn't. [/quote] What about people who go on hiatus and are planning to come back? I know that I plan to go on hiatus soon, and it would be really sad to see my dragons sold for fodder price while I am gone. I think it's fair if the owner of the dragons agrees to trade away their dragons, like in a giveaway thread, or if they are quitting, but if the user hasn't agreed, their items and dragons shouldn't just be given away... [emoji=coatl sad size=1] ----- Eggrot is definitely really sad and I've seen a lot of pictures of old nests with eggrot and it's really heartbreaking to see :( Also, forgetting to brew enough Scene: Remembrance because you read the update too fast and didn't see that the scene would retire...
YawningDodo wrote on 2020-08-16 08:09:43:

Same! As someone who left FR for about a year and eventually came back, it would have been heartbreaking if my dragons or my festival things had been given away to someone just because they happened to be active when I wasn't.
What about people who go on hiatus and are planning to come back? I know that I plan to go on hiatus soon, and it would be really sad to see my dragons sold for fodder price while I am gone. I think it's fair if the owner of the dragons agrees to trade away their dragons, like in a giveaway thread, or if they are quitting, but if the user hasn't agreed, their items and dragons shouldn't just be given away...
Eggrot is definitely really sad and I've seen a lot of pictures of old nests with eggrot and it's really heartbreaking to see :(

Also, forgetting to brew enough Scene: Remembrance because you read the update too fast and didn't see that the scene would retire...
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10