Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Saddest things you've found on FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Fantelle" date="2020-08-14 12:36:29" ] yea the lairs where the actual person passed away are so awful maybe cus fr feels like such an intimate part of someones free time [/quote] I found out about one such instance as the person was a skin and accent maker from whom I had purchased before, the thought of them never releasing anymore of their beautiful artwork always hits me hard. u.u
Fantelle wrote on 2020-08-14 12:36:29:
yea the lairs where the actual person passed away are so awful
maybe cus fr feels like such an intimate part of someones free time

I found out about one such instance as the person was a skin and accent maker from whom I had purchased before, the thought of them never releasing anymore of their beautiful artwork always hits me hard. u.u
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-08-14 09:42:51" ] Vial of Scattersight [/quote] Thanks for reminding me to sell mine Edit: But I will have to toss my vote into finding the lair of a user who has passed away. I've personally never encountered one, however such a thing makes me sad just by thinking about it.
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-08-14 09:42:51:
Vial of Scattersight
Thanks for reminding me to sell mine

Edit: But I will have to toss my vote into finding the lair of a user who has passed away. I've personally never encountered one, however such a thing makes me sad just by thinking about it.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
Whenever I see someone post a thread about misspelling how much a really old or extremely expensive item costs that is placed on the auction house so it gets snagged up real quick and then the user misses out profiting on a bunch of currency I feel really sad.
Whenever I see someone post a thread about misspelling how much a really old or extremely expensive item costs that is placed on the auction house so it gets snagged up real quick and then the user misses out profiting on a bunch of currency I feel really sad.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
[item=broken heartstone]
Broken Heartstone
LxbWmll.png
Gonna have to agree that the lairs of people who passed away are sad to me, and seeing their last few messages if there were any. I've found one or two lairs like that before, one belonging to a person that had very recently passed away at the time. I didn't know them, but it still hit a lot harder than one would really think.
Gonna have to agree that the lairs of people who passed away are sad to me, and seeing their last few messages if there were any. I've found one or two lairs like that before, one belonging to a person that had very recently passed away at the time. I didn't know them, but it still hit a lot harder than one would really think.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
[quote name="Xirei" date="2020-08-14 12:39:08" ] [quote name="Fantelle" date="2020-08-14 12:36:29" ] yea the lairs where the actual person passed away are so awful maybe cus fr feels like such an intimate part of someones free time [/quote] I found out about one such instance as the person was a skin and accent maker from whom I had purchased before, the thought of them never releasing anymore of their beautiful artwork always hits me hard. u.u [/quote] Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. A while back I was looking up a skin to see if I could get a reprint, only to find that the maker died. Just like ... oh.
Xirei wrote on 2020-08-14 12:39:08:
Fantelle wrote on 2020-08-14 12:36:29:
yea the lairs where the actual person passed away are so awful
maybe cus fr feels like such an intimate part of someones free time

I found out about one such instance as the person was a skin and accent maker from whom I had purchased before, the thought of them never releasing anymore of their beautiful artwork always hits me hard. u.u

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. A while back I was looking up a skin to see if I could get a reprint, only to find that the maker died. Just like ... oh.
4QFtgPW.png
Sometimes I accidentally stumble across old Dragon Share threads from years ago. It's honestly kind of sad to see dragons once being proudly paraded around by their owners, only for them to end up exalted or even abandoned.

In general its always weird to find years old, long dead threads by mistake, especially those where most or all of the accounts involved have been abandoned. It's not sad really, just creates rather a strange feeling. I think I wrote a poem about dead hatcheries once, though I've lost it since.

A lot of people are also mentioning finding lairs where the users have died in real life, and that makes me feel... really sad/strange. Though I do wonder, how do people actually know if the user has died and not just left FR, bar knowing them in real life? I'm sorry if it's a bit insensitive, but I am very curious
Sometimes I accidentally stumble across old Dragon Share threads from years ago. It's honestly kind of sad to see dragons once being proudly paraded around by their owners, only for them to end up exalted or even abandoned.

In general its always weird to find years old, long dead threads by mistake, especially those where most or all of the accounts involved have been abandoned. It's not sad really, just creates rather a strange feeling. I think I wrote a poem about dead hatcheries once, though I've lost it since.

A lot of people are also mentioning finding lairs where the users have died in real life, and that makes me feel... really sad/strange. Though I do wonder, how do people actually know if the user has died and not just left FR, bar knowing them in real life? I'm sorry if it's a bit insensitive, but I am very curious
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
i think abandoned accounts are sad, but not for the same reasons op.
i just hope the player is still alive and well outside of FR...
i think abandoned accounts are sad, but not for the same reasons op.
i just hope the player is still alive and well outside of FR...
yzUX307.png
As a player who does a bit of a sideline in nest renting, the player a while back who accidentally posted a nest renter dragon in realm-wide auction instead of a PA back to the renter and was looking for the buyer/exalter. That hurt vicariously and made me that little bit more careful when doing the CR trades sending back my renters and their hatchlings.
As a player who does a bit of a sideline in nest renting, the player a while back who accidentally posted a nest renter dragon in realm-wide auction instead of a PA back to the renter and was looking for the buyer/exalter. That hurt vicariously and made me that little bit more careful when doing the CR trades sending back my renters and their hatchlings.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
I don't know about sad, but when I first joined I tried to register the username I go by literally everywhere online.

And an abandoned account has it. SO ANNOYED.
I don't know about sad, but when I first joined I tried to register the username I go by literally everywhere online.

And an abandoned account has it. SO ANNOYED.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10