Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore lairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
"Does your clan have a leader of some sort?"

Yes! My clan leaders are Coldnight and Snowstalk! They started the clan in Shadow and now they run it in the depths of the Leviathan Trench!

(Specifically, my clan lives in a cave system)

"How do you use your hibernate den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?"

My hibden, in the lore, is this special cave that, when you go in, you'll fall into an "eternal" sleep until you come out. You cannot be harmed or starve in there, so it is useful for the clan when there's overpopulation.

"Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc."

Nope! I just have a ton of random dragons that I love. I have a few rules for specific dragons/creatures, like the Prodigium, but otherwise I just love all dragons!

"Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernate dens, etc.?"

I'm trying to get to that point! Most of my dragon bios are Wip's, although you can find some completed lore stories on Pirate, Xandor, and Haniel! I typically do them when I feel focused and motivated, which I have no control of. Hopefully I'll be able to develop it more soon!
"Does your clan have a leader of some sort?"

Yes! My clan leaders are Coldnight and Snowstalk! They started the clan in Shadow and now they run it in the depths of the Leviathan Trench!

(Specifically, my clan lives in a cave system)

"How do you use your hibernate den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?"

My hibden, in the lore, is this special cave that, when you go in, you'll fall into an "eternal" sleep until you come out. You cannot be harmed or starve in there, so it is useful for the clan when there's overpopulation.

"Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc."

Nope! I just have a ton of random dragons that I love. I have a few rules for specific dragons/creatures, like the Prodigium, but otherwise I just love all dragons!

"Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernate dens, etc.?"

I'm trying to get to that point! Most of my dragon bios are Wip's, although you can find some completed lore stories on Pirate, Xandor, and Haniel! I typically do them when I feel focused and motivated, which I have no control of. Hopefully I'll be able to develop it more soon!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Does your clan have a leader of some sort?
Yes, my clan's leader is (my avatar dragon) a Guardian whose charge is to protect the clan.

How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?
I don't use it ever lol. It doesn't have any part in my lore and its always empty. At least, for now.

Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.
Yes, they go with the theme of whatever section of the clan's territory they live in. Each tab is a different part of the territory. Also, all the dragons that live underwater have to be of the Water element.

Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?
All the tabs do. I don't use the hibernal den but I might in the future. I'm working on giving all the individual dragons lore right now and it's coming along pretty well.
Yes, my clan's leader is (my avatar dragon) a Guardian whose charge is to protect the clan.

How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?
I don't use it ever lol. It doesn't have any part in my lore and its always empty. At least, for now.

Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.
Yes, they go with the theme of whatever section of the clan's territory they live in. Each tab is a different part of the territory. Also, all the dragons that live underwater have to be of the Water element.

Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?
All the tabs do. I don't use the hibernal den but I might in the future. I'm working on giving all the individual dragons lore right now and it's coming along pretty well.
m87ieVe.png
[b]Does your clan have a leader of some sort?[/b] I don't have a set leader - instead I've got a council of dragons which specialize in certain things and each makes decisions for each aspect of clan life depending on their specialized knowledge. These "clan guides" will have meetings for very big decisions so every aspect of clan life is considered and also teach dragons about their knowledge - be it stealth, money management or battle techniques. They aren't the only dragons who do teaching, but it's their responsibility generally, along with a dragon's parents. My progens worked together to set up the clan, but are overall less active than they once were, even if they wanted to work themselves to the bone, they don't need to. The first, Sphinx, is a guardian who takes charge of the hoard and currency belonging to the whole clan (some dragons collect their own mini hoards but the clan one is managed by her) and the second, Kraken, trains young dragons by pushing their bodies to the limit and strengthening their muscles. When he's not doing that, he lurks in a pond/lake near the clan entrance, keeping careful watch of strangers. [b]How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?[/b] Right now I just have a tab that differentiates the cultists from regular dragons to reflect the same tab in my active lair, as these are the ones who get the most lore because they interest me the most [b]Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.[/b] Not an overall theme in particular. Normally I'd pick a theme for individual dragons based on their look and pick apparel that fits it and matches their colours. From there, they tend to get jobs and interests based on apparel I've picked, unless the genes and colours already read to me as a certain job. [b]Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?[/b] No, I've only recently started writing stuff down. For the most part it's all headcanon/in my head but some have notes which were copy pasted from forums I wrote about certain dragons in so they aren't particularly thrilling or action-filled. Most dragons wearing apparel have lore that I've got rattling around in my head, so feel free to ask away. All Shadewalker cult dragons have a "dark magic ability" but not all that much else, eventhough I'm focusing my lore-writing efforts on them - they're a pretty newly created idea. The dragons with actual completed stories are Keres (one story which starts at the broadcast message), PrototypeM (a short back and forth) and Strix (one story from the bc message and another about the origin of her cult connection), one is a clan guide, one is a prototype dragon drone and one is a Shadewalker cultist: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40439501][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/404396/40439501.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61788211][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/617883/61788211.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53291798][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/532918/53291798.png[/img][/url] If anyone reads them and needs anything clarifying, just ping me, I'm not confident in my ability to focus while I'm writing so there could be some missing logic/lacking explanations that I passed by while proofreading. PS: dragons with barebones lore/lore that isn't formatted as a story, are in a list in the tab descriptions of the "clan guide" and "dragons" tabs, so you can find them if you want.

I don't have a set leader - instead I've got a council of dragons which specialize in certain things and each makes decisions for each aspect of clan life depending on their specialized knowledge. These "clan guides" will have meetings for very big decisions so every aspect of clan life is considered and also teach dragons about their knowledge - be it stealth, money management or battle techniques. They aren't the only dragons who do teaching, but it's their responsibility generally, along with a dragon's parents. My progens worked together to set up the clan, but are overall less active than they once were, even if they wanted to work themselves to the bone, they don't need to. The first, Sphinx, is a guardian who takes charge of the hoard and currency belonging to the whole clan (some dragons collect their own mini hoards but the clan one is managed by her) and the second, Kraken, trains young dragons by pushing their bodies to the limit and strengthening their muscles. When he's not doing that, he lurks in a pond/lake near the clan entrance, keeping careful watch of strangers.

Right now I just have a tab that differentiates the cultists from regular dragons to reflect the same tab in my active lair, as these are the ones who get the most lore because they interest me the most

Not an overall theme in particular. Normally I'd pick a theme for individual dragons based on their look and pick apparel that fits it and matches their colours. From there, they tend to get jobs and interests based on apparel I've picked, unless the genes and colours already read to me as a certain job.

No, I've only recently started writing stuff down. For the most part it's all headcanon/in my head but some have notes which were copy pasted from forums I wrote about certain dragons in so they aren't particularly thrilling or action-filled. Most dragons wearing apparel have lore that I've got rattling around in my head, so feel free to ask away.

All Shadewalker cult dragons have a "dark magic ability" but not all that much else, eventhough I'm focusing my lore-writing efforts on them - they're a pretty newly created idea.

The dragons with actual completed stories are Keres (one story which starts at the broadcast message), PrototypeM (a short back and forth) and Strix (one story from the bc message and another about the origin of her cult connection), one is a clan guide, one is a prototype dragon drone and one is a Shadewalker cultist:
40439501.png61788211.png53291798.png

If anyone reads them and needs anything clarifying, just ping me, I'm not confident in my ability to focus while I'm writing so there could be some missing logic/lacking explanations that I passed by while proofreading.

PS: dragons with barebones lore/lore that isn't formatted as a story, are in a list in the tab descriptions of the "clan guide" and "dragons" tabs, so you can find them if you want.
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
i have a lore lair in theory lmao. all my lair is plotted but i have written very little. these dragons have some lore in their bios if you're interested in reading! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55074779][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/550748/55074779.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55074780][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/550748/55074780.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46952474][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/469525/46952474.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54688549][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/546886/54688549.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54912285][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/549123/54912285.png[/img][/url]
i have a lore lair in theory lmao. all my lair is plotted but i have written very little.

these dragons have some lore in their bios if you're interested in reading!

55074779.png 55074780.png 46952474.png 54688549.png 54912285.png
Bio Layouts by Me | 30 hatchlings - a lorelocke | assorted g1s sale | sales thread non g1s | moodboards, free | exalt rescue: doubles and triples only | but3_by_aqua_spirit22-dc424fa.png
I'm in the process of reworking my lore, it became confusing (and a little boring) for me having a giant lair with not really any antagonist qualities

Within my lair there is the Shiari clan, mostly run by my progens, and the Liberi tribe run by their own leaders. Then there's a council of elders to assist both sets of leaders with keeping peace within their large land.

It's mostly just a storage space for my dragons who don't breed or coli. I've got lots of dragons and the less I have to feed, the better! The Shiari have their own designated tab in the den because there's so many of them, but the Liberi are smaller so they all fit in their main lair tab.

My Kurier family are all X/Grapefruit/Grapefruit dragons, and the Liberi, all being native to the Sunbeam Ruins, tend to be more "natural" or light-like colors like browns, grays, oranges, and yellows but it's not a strict guideline. In general I mostly look for color combinations that appeal to me, or match a certain look I'm trying to find for a specific dragon.

If it doesn't already then it will! I think the only group that doesn't have at least a little lore is my group of Banescales, I'm not entirely sure what to do with them yet
I'm in the process of reworking my lore, it became confusing (and a little boring) for me having a giant lair with not really any antagonist qualities

Within my lair there is the Shiari clan, mostly run by my progens, and the Liberi tribe run by their own leaders. Then there's a council of elders to assist both sets of leaders with keeping peace within their large land.

It's mostly just a storage space for my dragons who don't breed or coli. I've got lots of dragons and the less I have to feed, the better! The Shiari have their own designated tab in the den because there's so many of them, but the Liberi are smaller so they all fit in their main lair tab.

My Kurier family are all X/Grapefruit/Grapefruit dragons, and the Liberi, all being native to the Sunbeam Ruins, tend to be more "natural" or light-like colors like browns, grays, oranges, and yellows but it's not a strict guideline. In general I mostly look for color combinations that appeal to me, or match a certain look I'm trying to find for a specific dragon.

If it doesn't already then it will! I think the only group that doesn't have at least a little lore is my group of Banescales, I'm not entirely sure what to do with them yet
m1cUkRV.gif
She/Her
FR Time +3
tumblr_otyiqh3lqC1vsg0m1o1_400.png
WWoZukB.gif
K1BzZ.gifkgeky.gifz9uHK.gifuCfko.gifoMnSD.gif9Ml2E.gifjC6vB.gifHcwce.gifQvahY.gifDT4ED.gifGE7cM.gifLmJla.gif7ac7F.gifMspSr.gifGLxad.gifIpCPd.gifF5tbm.gifIYId4.gifIlIZj.gif
Not all of my lore is currently written/available but I’ll answer...
No, not really. There are a few dragons in the region that are formal royalty, or are royalty somewhere far away, but that isn’t recognized in Melody Town or the surrounding areas of my lair. There are definitely a couple of dragons that may act as wise elders or may lead over specific functions (Kabocha founded the orchard and acts as a leader to dragons living there, but that’s only because she has a lot of wisdom in knowing how to run the orchard.)

Technically, most of the den is just an extension of my lair, so those dragons all just live in the same area as the others. In reality, the den just kind of houses sentimental dragons who aren’t a part of my clan, fan dragons, WIPs, and dragons that are on the “chopping block” that I might not keep.

Apart from the Melody Town tab in my lair, each tab has its own theme. Autumn themed, sweets/pride themed, garden themed, spooky woods themed, beach theme, arcane wizard theme. The Melody Town tab is more of a wildcard area with a bunch of different color combos and aesthetics. The den is way more messy haha

Apart from the dragons in my den that aren’t canonically a part of my clan, every part of my lair shares the same lore of Melody Town and most tabs have their own lore. The tabs are associated with different areas or regions.
Not all of my lore is currently written/available but I’ll answer...
No, not really. There are a few dragons in the region that are formal royalty, or are royalty somewhere far away, but that isn’t recognized in Melody Town or the surrounding areas of my lair. There are definitely a couple of dragons that may act as wise elders or may lead over specific functions (Kabocha founded the orchard and acts as a leader to dragons living there, but that’s only because she has a lot of wisdom in knowing how to run the orchard.)

Technically, most of the den is just an extension of my lair, so those dragons all just live in the same area as the others. In reality, the den just kind of houses sentimental dragons who aren’t a part of my clan, fan dragons, WIPs, and dragons that are on the “chopping block” that I might not keep.

Apart from the Melody Town tab in my lair, each tab has its own theme. Autumn themed, sweets/pride themed, garden themed, spooky woods themed, beach theme, arcane wizard theme. The Melody Town tab is more of a wildcard area with a bunch of different color combos and aesthetics. The den is way more messy haha

Apart from the dragons in my den that aren’t canonically a part of my clan, every part of my lair shares the same lore of Melody Town and most tabs have their own lore. The tabs are associated with different areas or regions.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif

I have various mini clans in my main lair, and each have a leader, so yes!

I mostly use it to hold fandragons that I use as background characters in lore, and also where I put unfinished projects who, are also part of my lore. Basically, it’s just an extension of what I have.

Nope! I get dragons that spark joy! That is all!

Of a sort. I have plans, big plans, and while much of it isn’t written I do plan on getting it out there one day.

I have various mini clans in my main lair, and each have a leader, so yes!

I mostly use it to hold fandragons that I use as background characters in lore, and also where I put unfinished projects who, are also part of my lore. Basically, it’s just an extension of what I have.

Nope! I get dragons that spark joy! That is all!

Of a sort. I have plans, big plans, and while much of it isn’t written I do plan on getting it out there one day.

15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Yes, my progens because I'm boring. More specifically my custom Guardian. And it's more of a loose kind of leadership.

Hibden is storage; gene projects, breeding projects waiting for their turn, fan dragons, dragons I don't need in the lair for other reasons. So no lore there.

It's majority mirrors (bc I like them the most) and mostly Lightning dragons for obvious reasons.

It's only the first tab in my lair. Although things have been changing, I haven't fully settled on who is a part of my lore. It'll probably stay just whoever I stick in the first tab to keep it relatively small.
Yes, my progens because I'm boring. More specifically my custom Guardian. And it's more of a loose kind of leadership.

Hibden is storage; gene projects, breeding projects waiting for their turn, fan dragons, dragons I don't need in the lair for other reasons. So no lore there.

It's majority mirrors (bc I like them the most) and mostly Lightning dragons for obvious reasons.

It's only the first tab in my lair. Although things have been changing, I haven't fully settled on who is a part of my lore. It'll probably stay just whoever I stick in the first tab to keep it relatively small.
66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

Kalila and her mate are the orginal founders, but I plan on having a council instead, with them getting a final say in things.

So far I have no idea how to fit the hibernal den in my lore, but I might find a way. For now, it's not.

Most of them will have the constellation, starmap or rune genes, but I make plenty of exceptions because I sometimes impulse buy and there are plenty of other genes I like.

Once I actually get around to buying tabs to organize and more slots for more space, I plan to have at least most of my dragons fully written lore. For now, I just jump to whichever one I feel like slapping more lore on to, which means none of them are completely finished yet. I'm also considering a hatchery too.

Kalila and her mate are the orginal founders, but I plan on having a council instead, with them getting a final say in things.

So far I have no idea how to fit the hibernal den in my lore, but I might find a way. For now, it's not.

Most of them will have the constellation, starmap or rune genes, but I make plenty of exceptions because I sometimes impulse buy and there are plenty of other genes I like.

Once I actually get around to buying tabs to organize and more slots for more space, I plan to have at least most of my dragons fully written lore. For now, I just jump to whichever one I feel like slapping more lore on to, which means none of them are completely finished yet. I'm also considering a hatchery too.

yes, it has a queen who recently took power - a sort of mutiny occurred and they cast out the old queen and her followers.

i use my hibden for three purposes - non-lore dragons (my sonas), unfinished dragons, and a tab for the old queen and her followers.

right now i'm trying to bring my dragons to have somewhat regal, light-themed attire, and all of the lore dragons definitely have to have outfits in the first place. except for my small collection of banescales, i guess they're the exception haha.

no, i have a few lore tabs in the lair and a lore tab in the den, everything else is kinda just there. projects and the like.

yes, it has a queen who recently took power - a sort of mutiny occurred and they cast out the old queen and her followers.

i use my hibden for three purposes - non-lore dragons (my sonas), unfinished dragons, and a tab for the old queen and her followers.

right now i'm trying to bring my dragons to have somewhat regal, light-themed attire, and all of the lore dragons definitely have to have outfits in the first place. except for my small collection of banescales, i guess they're the exception haha.

no, i have a few lore tabs in the lair and a lore tab in the den, everything else is kinda just there. projects and the like.
queen_katoe.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7