Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore lairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
  • I used to have a single leader, but I have moved to an elected council because of how I have redone my lore over the years. I should probably look into another clan election soon...
  • Lore-wise, the hibernal den is a place where dragons can literally hibernate. It is in a safe and protected area on the clan's territory. Otherwise, I use it as a place to stash dragons I don't currently want to deal with.
  • Nope. I buy what I like though I am particularly fond of female Skydancers. I am trying to diversify but I like the female poses best for most breeds and SDs for obvious reasons.
  • Every dragon has lore in my lair even if not written down yet. All unnecessary dragons are removed promptly. (Lore-wise, my clan is a community of farmers craftsdragons. If you don't pull your weight, then you get driven off the territory.)
  • I used to have a single leader, but I have moved to an elected council because of how I have redone my lore over the years. I should probably look into another clan election soon...
  • Lore-wise, the hibernal den is a place where dragons can literally hibernate. It is in a safe and protected area on the clan's territory. Otherwise, I use it as a place to stash dragons I don't currently want to deal with.
  • Nope. I buy what I like though I am particularly fond of female Skydancers. I am trying to diversify but I like the female poses best for most breeds and SDs for obvious reasons.
  • Every dragon has lore in my lair even if not written down yet. All unnecessary dragons are removed promptly. (Lore-wise, my clan is a community of farmers craftsdragons. If you don't pull your weight, then you get driven off the territory.)
Does your clan have a leader of some sort?
Yep, I have a Commander for the entirety of the clan and then a leader for each branch.
How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?
Currently it houses anyone that a) doesn't have lore or b) is not majorly important.
Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.
Not really. I have a wide range of aesthetics lol.
Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?
Tabs have some form of lore, but not every dragon has lore or even more than a few sentences.
Yep, I have a Commander for the entirety of the clan and then a leader for each branch.
How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?
Currently it houses anyone that a) doesn't have lore or b) is not majorly important.
Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.
Not really. I have a wide range of aesthetics lol.
Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?
Tabs have some form of lore, but not every dragon has lore or even more than a few sentences.
in7SefG.png
Technically yes, but everyone is mostly autonomous in their day to day lives. My clan is also broken up into sections, each having a leader that carries the same level of pseudo-authority.

I don't use it for lore, but every so often, I pick a dragon out of there that I miss seeing and make them a member of the main lair!

There's no cohesive theme, but since my lore has to deal with a market, everyone's apparel more or less reflects what they sell most of the time.

All of the tabs have some lore (except for my fodder tab), and I haven't gotten around to writing everyone's individual lore, but in a perfect world, they'd all have a few paragraphs!
Technically yes, but everyone is mostly autonomous in their day to day lives. My clan is also broken up into sections, each having a leader that carries the same level of pseudo-authority.

I don't use it for lore, but every so often, I pick a dragon out of there that I miss seeing and make them a member of the main lair!

There's no cohesive theme, but since my lore has to deal with a market, everyone's apparel more or less reflects what they sell most of the time.

All of the tabs have some lore (except for my fodder tab), and I haven't gotten around to writing everyone's individual lore, but in a perfect world, they'd all have a few paragraphs!
x
yN0Gfw3.gif
x

Yep! Currently its my protogens and honestly, after someone gave the idea of protogens been created/chosen by the deities to start a clan, i dont think they’ll be leaving their position anytime soon!

I use it as both a nursery and for dragons im not currently using. Who knew dragons ate so much *_*” Any permas in my hib den arent hibernating but simply just vibin’.

Not really, i don't go buying any dragon i please though. I often prefer more ‘natural’ colours or ones that fit the character i imagine for them. I usually can tell if a dragon would fit in my den’s yet unspoken aesthetic or not.

You bet! I plan to eventually get an exalt tab but even they will have names and lore, though it will be more reflected in the trainers as you cant read an exalted dragons bio ^_^’

(*secretly jots down notes from the comments of everyone else*)

Yep! Currently its my protogens and honestly, after someone gave the idea of protogens been created/chosen by the deities to start a clan, i dont think they’ll be leaving their position anytime soon!

I use it as both a nursery and for dragons im not currently using. Who knew dragons ate so much *_*” Any permas in my hib den arent hibernating but simply just vibin’.

Not really, i don't go buying any dragon i please though. I often prefer more ‘natural’ colours or ones that fit the character i imagine for them. I usually can tell if a dragon would fit in my den’s yet unspoken aesthetic or not.

You bet! I plan to eventually get an exalt tab but even they will have names and lore, though it will be more reflected in the trainers as you cant read an exalted dragons bio ^_^’

(*secretly jots down notes from the comments of everyone else*)
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Yeah, my avatar dragon, for the limited amount of power the leader has. My progens were both prior leaders lore-wise.

Hibernal den's as empty as the day it was released. So no lore or dragons there.

I purposely try not to have a theme. Variety is great.

The hundred dragons in my main tab all have lore. The second tab is for hatchlings for sale / to exalt, so no lore there.
(The third tab is for the dragons I bought two days ago who don't have lore yet, so it doesn't count.)
Yeah, my avatar dragon, for the limited amount of power the leader has. My progens were both prior leaders lore-wise.

Hibernal den's as empty as the day it was released. So no lore or dragons there.

I purposely try not to have a theme. Variety is great.

The hundred dragons in my main tab all have lore. The second tab is for hatchlings for sale / to exalt, so no lore there.
(The third tab is for the dragons I bought two days ago who don't have lore yet, so it doesn't count.)
ZincAlloy.gif
Two of my clans have leaders. One is a legitimate employer, the other just…accidentally became a leader when everyone started following him.

My HibDen is 100% for storage right now (fodder, oldies, etc.), so no lore!

For my main clan? No. The Kith’s leader is a random boyo whose journey attracts the attention of a lot of different dragons, so those dergs are from all walks of life, all dress and look different, etc. My third clan, however, are all disciples of an immortal Imperial, so they do have a theme! They try to look noble, a ton of them wear halos, etc. But as far as breeds/colors/genes go, they still look totally different.

Okay, as for all this “first clan/third clan” stuff… I have a few different sets of lore, and I keep them separated in lair tabs ^^ The stories are all connected by some references and cameos, but they mainly do their own thing. Non-lore dragons still live their lives out happily in the Misc., Fandragon, and Breeder tabs (and the Den).

Hope this survey is giving you some helpful responses so far!
Two of my clans have leaders. One is a legitimate employer, the other just…accidentally became a leader when everyone started following him.

My HibDen is 100% for storage right now (fodder, oldies, etc.), so no lore!

For my main clan? No. The Kith’s leader is a random boyo whose journey attracts the attention of a lot of different dragons, so those dergs are from all walks of life, all dress and look different, etc. My third clan, however, are all disciples of an immortal Imperial, so they do have a theme! They try to look noble, a ton of them wear halos, etc. But as far as breeds/colors/genes go, they still look totally different.

Okay, as for all this “first clan/third clan” stuff… I have a few different sets of lore, and I keep them separated in lair tabs ^^ The stories are all connected by some references and cameos, but they mainly do their own thing. Non-lore dragons still live their lives out happily in the Misc., Fandragon, and Breeder tabs (and the Den).

Hope this survey is giving you some helpful responses so far!
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

Despite me inactivity's far's workin' on biographies'n all things Flight Risin'...

Yer lookin' at 'er. I be Cap'n Firefeather.

Eventu'lly I'll use it. Without any particular plans it'll most likely involve lore dragons. May'aps me works-in-progress'll be put there until they be finished. I've not gotten that far yet.

Once they introduced tabs I fancied startin' t' actu'lly build on most o' th' islands I'd written 'bout. So, aye, dependin' on th' tab me dragons do. They build off o' th' theme o' that tab with th' first'n foremost bein' me crew. As they be pirates, they dress t' sail'n plunder.

Over time it will. Spendin' sprees 's I'd fancy callin' 'em keep me from ever bein' fully complete 's far as completin' all o' me dragons' lore.
Despite me inactivity's far's workin' on biographies'n all things Flight Risin'...

Yer lookin' at 'er. I be Cap'n Firefeather.

Eventu'lly I'll use it. Without any particular plans it'll most likely involve lore dragons. May'aps me works-in-progress'll be put there until they be finished. I've not gotten that far yet.

Once they introduced tabs I fancied startin' t' actu'lly build on most o' th' islands I'd written 'bout. So, aye, dependin' on th' tab me dragons do. They build off o' th' theme o' that tab with th' first'n foremost bein' me crew. As they be pirates, they dress t' sail'n plunder.

Over time it will. Spendin' sprees 's I'd fancy callin' 'em keep me from ever bein' fully complete 's far as completin' all o' me dragons' lore.
Cap'n o' th' Crowned Thresher
Pirates Risin'
(Public lore regardin' pirates o' Sornieth)
Below Deck! (Personal Lore Thread)
yes! i have quite a lot of leaders lol

hibden doesnt have a lore function to me, i keep my whole lair there just cus convenience :^)

yes! i decided what i wanted my lair to look like first and then found dragons to match.

that's the goal! im not interested in keeping dragons outside of my planned lore
yes! i have quite a lot of leaders lol

hibden doesnt have a lore function to me, i keep my whole lair there just cus convenience :^)

yes! i decided what i wanted my lair to look like first and then found dragons to match.

that's the goal! im not interested in keeping dragons outside of my planned lore
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

[b]Does your clan have a leader of some sort?[/b] Yes and it's a self-insert. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/700895347010175048.png[/img] [b]How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?[/b] I use my Hibernal Den all the time but there is no such thing as a Hibernal Den in my lore. It's just an extension of the lair to me but I don't even have a lair in the lore, we live in a desert oasis town. [b]Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.[/b] Yes, a very strict theme. I follow either the skin tone of some characters or base my dragons on the environment, so you'll see many dragons that look a lot like a river or a beach or a crop field. [b]Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?[/b] Yes, all of my permas have or will have lore. The only tabs I don't treat as canon are my newcomers tabs because they're just my sorting tabs, and I guess it would be silly to consider tabs, which are a game element, as anything other than just organisation elements. I still arrange my dragons properly so I know what I'm doing because otherwise, I'd lose my mind AFJKJDF. I don't treat any game element as canon, I even have my own more realistic and anatomically accurate interpretations of dragons so yEaH......................... you do you, fam!!! Have fun with your own thing!!

Yes and it's a self-insert.

700895347010175048.png

I use my Hibernal Den all the time but there is no such thing as a Hibernal Den in my lore. It's just an extension of the lair to me but I don't even have a lair in the lore, we live in a desert oasis town.

Yes, a very strict theme. I follow either the skin tone of some characters or base my dragons on the environment, so you'll see many dragons that look a lot like a river or a beach or a crop field.

Yes, all of my permas have or will have lore. The only tabs I don't treat as canon are my newcomers tabs because they're just my sorting tabs, and I guess it would be silly to consider tabs, which are a game element, as anything other than just organisation elements. I still arrange my dragons properly so I know what I'm doing because otherwise, I'd lose my mind AFJKJDF. I don't treat any game element as canon, I even have my own more realistic and anatomically accurate interpretations of dragons so yEaH......................... you do you, fam!!! Have fun with your own thing!!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1. Does your clan have a leader of some sort?
Yes, on both my lore tabs. Anubis is a king who rules with an iron fist over his Clan, while Froggy has a much more relaxed approach to "ruling", and is more of a general guide rather than an actual leader.

2. How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?
I don't use it for anything other than storing fodder.

3. Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.
"Savannah Dragons" are all Plague themed, and have lots of blacks/reds/browns, while "Lights in the Abyss" are all Water themed, with dark blues/purples.

4. Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?
Nope, the majority of my current lair count is fodder
1. Does your clan have a leader of some sort?
Yes, on both my lore tabs. Anubis is a king who rules with an iron fist over his Clan, while Froggy has a much more relaxed approach to "ruling", and is more of a general guide rather than an actual leader.

2. How do you use your hibernal den (if it pertains to the lore of your lair), if you use it at all?
I don't use it for anything other than storing fodder.

3. Do you have a set theme of the looks of your dragons? Whether it be the color, breed, etc.
"Savannah Dragons" are all Plague themed, and have lots of blacks/reds/browns, while "Lights in the Abyss" are all Water themed, with dark blues/purples.

4. Does the entirety of your lair contain lore of some sort? All the tabs, hibernal dens, etc?
Nope, the majority of my current lair count is fodder
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7