Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Update From a Graphic Design Opinion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@salgarthur Please may I be added to the pinglist?
@salgarthur Please may I be added to the pinglist?
T4eNFgZ.gifo287-d01-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d02-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d03-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d04-Kittyand-Cat.pngMnrYAOm.pnglJX7Tr5.png
@KittyandCat I'll add you, but it's come to my attention that this might not be compatible with the TOU. :( I just submitted a ticket for clarification and, if FR okays it, I'll put the code out then. I'll let everyone know if it's not okay as well.
@KittyandCat I'll add you, but it's come to my attention that this might not be compatible with the TOU. :( I just submitted a ticket for clarification and, if FR okays it, I'll put the code out then. I'll let everyone know if it's not okay as well.
@salgarthur okay, thank you very much! It’s so kind of you to do this
@salgarthur okay, thank you very much! It’s so kind of you to do this
T4eNFgZ.gifo287-d01-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d02-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d03-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d04-Kittyand-Cat.pngMnrYAOm.pnglJX7Tr5.png
[quote name="Tesai" date="2020-06-08 09:42:35" ] [quote name="reaperbird" date="2020-06-08 09:40:58" ] this this this all of this yes I am so so bothered by the sizes of the buttons. I get that they're trying to make things easier for mobile users (if thats even the intention??) but it makes the desktop version of the site look so clunky [/quote] Definitely clunky. Hopefully, this feedback and all of the other suggestions will change things. [/quote] Honestly, as a user who almost always plays on mobile, the buttons are hands down the [b]worst[/b] part of this update to me. They’re massive, they’re ugly, and there are SO MANY of them! We have buttons for: Breed, feed, share, scry, customize, vista, edit bio, bond familiar, change familiar, scenic mode, sell, exalt, and like. That’s 13 (large!!) buttons all squeezed into one page. Combine that with the cluttered-looking apparel boxes squeezed in next to the dragon image, the huge hunger and familiar-bonding meters, the battle info, and the blob of tiny text (stats/lineage/etc.) in the middle of the page, it’s just... way too cramped. Also, does anyone else dislike how obnoxiously massive the “Report” button is on other people’s dragons? I really feel like that should be a little icon in the upper corner, similar to forum posts, not like... gigantic and parked right next to the dragon image.
Tesai wrote on 2020-06-08 09:42:35:
reaperbird wrote on 2020-06-08 09:40:58:
this this this all of this yes

I am so so bothered by the sizes of the buttons. I get that they're trying to make things easier for mobile users (if thats even the intention??) but it makes the desktop version of the site look so clunky

Definitely clunky. Hopefully, this feedback and all of the other suggestions will change things.

Honestly, as a user who almost always plays on mobile, the buttons are hands down the worst part of this update to me. They’re massive, they’re ugly, and there are SO MANY of them! We have buttons for: Breed, feed, share, scry, customize, vista, edit bio, bond familiar, change familiar, scenic mode, sell, exalt, and like. That’s 13 (large!!) buttons all squeezed into one page.

Combine that with the cluttered-looking apparel boxes squeezed in next to the dragon image, the huge hunger and familiar-bonding meters, the battle info, and the blob of tiny text (stats/lineage/etc.) in the middle of the page, it’s just... way too cramped.

Also, does anyone else dislike how obnoxiously massive the “Report” button is on other people’s dragons? I really feel like that should be a little icon in the upper corner, similar to forum posts, not like... gigantic and parked right next to the dragon image.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2020-06-08 19:26:32" ] [quote name="Tesai" date="2020-06-08 09:42:35" ] [quote name="reaperbird" date="2020-06-08 09:40:58" ] this this this all of this yes I am so so bothered by the sizes of the buttons. I get that they're trying to make things easier for mobile users (if thats even the intention??) but it makes the desktop version of the site look so clunky [/quote] Definitely clunky. Hopefully, this feedback and all of the other suggestions will change things. [/quote] Honestly, as a user who almost always plays on mobile, the buttons are hands down the [b]worst[/b] part of this update to me. They’re massive, they’re ugly, and there are SO MANY of them! We have buttons for: Breed, feed, share, scry, customize, vista, edit bio, bond familiar, change familiar, scenic mode, sell, exalt, and like. That’s 13 (large!!) buttons all squeezed into one page. Combine that with the cluttered-looking apparel boxes squeezed in next to the dragon image, the huge hunger and familiar-bonding meters, the battle info, and the blob of tiny text (stats/lineage/etc.) in the middle of the page, it’s just... way too cramped. Also, does anyone else dislike how obnoxiously massive the “Report” button is on other people’s dragons? I really feel like that should be a little icon in the upper corner, similar to forum posts, not like... gigantic and parked right next to the dragon image. [/quote] Honestly yeah, I got a lot of arguments saying the design is good for mobile users, and personally I mostly use desktop, but a few months ago I was solely a mobile user and now I actually thing it's even harder to use on mobile than it was before.
Ningyo wrote on 2020-06-08 19:26:32:
Tesai wrote on 2020-06-08 09:42:35:
reaperbird wrote on 2020-06-08 09:40:58:
this this this all of this yes

I am so so bothered by the sizes of the buttons. I get that they're trying to make things easier for mobile users (if thats even the intention??) but it makes the desktop version of the site look so clunky

Definitely clunky. Hopefully, this feedback and all of the other suggestions will change things.

Honestly, as a user who almost always plays on mobile, the buttons are hands down the worst part of this update to me. They’re massive, they’re ugly, and there are SO MANY of them! We have buttons for: Breed, feed, share, scry, customize, vista, edit bio, bond familiar, change familiar, scenic mode, sell, exalt, and like. That’s 13 (large!!) buttons all squeezed into one page.

Combine that with the cluttered-looking apparel boxes squeezed in next to the dragon image, the huge hunger and familiar-bonding meters, the battle info, and the blob of tiny text (stats/lineage/etc.) in the middle of the page, it’s just... way too cramped.

Also, does anyone else dislike how obnoxiously massive the “Report” button is on other people’s dragons? I really feel like that should be a little icon in the upper corner, similar to forum posts, not like... gigantic and parked right next to the dragon image.

Honestly yeah, I got a lot of arguments saying the design is good for mobile users, and personally I mostly use desktop, but a few months ago I was solely a mobile user and now I actually thing it's even harder to use on mobile than it was before.
Meal Moth .....
- Arby
- He/Him
- FR+0
- Wishlist

[quote name="Rvan" date="2020-06-08 08:31:55" ] I personally like it a lot, but my main beef is with the apparel/scene/skin boxes. The dashed lines make it look too prominent that they aren’t wearing anything, and it’s kind of annoying because it feels... incomplete for the dragon, if that makes any sense? [/quote] I completely agree! I honestly don't have the money for a bunch of expensive outfits (dressing my flight reps alone made me broke) and it honestly makes me feel kinda bad whenever I see those blank boxes.
Rvan wrote on 2020-06-08 08:31:55:
I personally like it a lot, but my main beef is with the apparel/scene/skin boxes. The dashed lines make it look too prominent that they aren’t wearing anything, and it’s kind of annoying because it feels... incomplete for the dragon, if that makes any sense?
I completely agree! I honestly don't have the money for a bunch of expensive outfits (dressing my flight reps alone made me broke) and it honestly makes me feel kinda bad whenever I see those blank boxes.
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
@cosmacy
Oh, I do think it's fun to see matching dragons and familiars, I just personally am not that invested in that aspect of the gameplay. So for me having the familiar so close to the dragon and so in my face is not great.

I don't think there is anyone that can't tell how hard the staff worked on it. It's just that to me it fell short of what I wanted and expected from the anniversary. And while I would love to get the old layout back, I doubt it will happen as this is what the staff's vision is for the dragon profiles. So all I'm hoping is that they will listen to the part of the community that is not quite happy and consider making some minor changes. Like, me not liking the familiar being next to the dragon is somewhat of a personal gripe/preference, whereas the apparel slots and dragon colours and genes switching places seems to be an opinion shared by many people.

I had a similar first reaction. I'm just the kind of person who really dislikes things being changed for no reason whatsoever. Like, I will use everything till its falling apart if I can get away with it and only replace things when there is an actual improvement/upgrade to be had. This did not feel like an upgrade to me, sadly. There were some nice things about it, but in general it was disappointing.
@cosmacy
Oh, I do think it's fun to see matching dragons and familiars, I just personally am not that invested in that aspect of the gameplay. So for me having the familiar so close to the dragon and so in my face is not great.

I don't think there is anyone that can't tell how hard the staff worked on it. It's just that to me it fell short of what I wanted and expected from the anniversary. And while I would love to get the old layout back, I doubt it will happen as this is what the staff's vision is for the dragon profiles. So all I'm hoping is that they will listen to the part of the community that is not quite happy and consider making some minor changes. Like, me not liking the familiar being next to the dragon is somewhat of a personal gripe/preference, whereas the apparel slots and dragon colours and genes switching places seems to be an opinion shared by many people.

I had a similar first reaction. I'm just the kind of person who really dislikes things being changed for no reason whatsoever. Like, I will use everything till its falling apart if I can get away with it and only replace things when there is an actual improvement/upgrade to be had. This did not feel like an upgrade to me, sadly. There were some nice things about it, but in general it was disappointing.
H5wuRUy.png
From my rotting body,
flowers shall grow
and I am in them,
and that is eternity.
- Edvard Munch
Bioluminescent
I just want to start by saying that I have some experience with both graphic and web design but I'm not an expert. But one of the big things that bothered me was the size of the buttons and the excessive amount of empty space. I think if all the buttons starting with the customize one were made smaller, closer to the size of the share and predict buttons, that would help a lot.

I also agree with what a number of other people said that the dragon's info is too far down the page. When you scroll down far enough to read all the genes and eye type, you can only see 2/3 of the dragon. If it was put on top of the apparel I think that would be better.

I do like how the dragon is centered and the familiar is next to them.

I also don,t really like all the battle info on the page. I am okay with having the level displayed but I don't care what stones every dragon has.

Also I don't really like how far down you have to scroll now to see the biography. Reading a dragon's lore and seeing how others dressed up the dragon's page was one of my favorite parts of this site. I think it needs to be tweaked a bit to accommodate that more.
I just want to start by saying that I have some experience with both graphic and web design but I'm not an expert. But one of the big things that bothered me was the size of the buttons and the excessive amount of empty space. I think if all the buttons starting with the customize one were made smaller, closer to the size of the share and predict buttons, that would help a lot.

I also agree with what a number of other people said that the dragon's info is too far down the page. When you scroll down far enough to read all the genes and eye type, you can only see 2/3 of the dragon. If it was put on top of the apparel I think that would be better.

I do like how the dragon is centered and the familiar is next to them.

I also don,t really like all the battle info on the page. I am okay with having the level displayed but I don't care what stones every dragon has.

Also I don't really like how far down you have to scroll now to see the biography. Reading a dragon's lore and seeing how others dressed up the dragon's page was one of my favorite parts of this site. I think it needs to be tweaked a bit to accommodate that more.
MG7PtA4.pnggf8eBBB.png
I don't like the big fat buttons either but the worst thing, the absolute, most annoying thing that just drives me bonkers: Why is the 'cancel' button for editing bios so big. I misclicked on it 2 times already, it is seriously annoying and makes me very paranoid.

Please just give us a confirmation window at least??
I don't like the big fat buttons either but the worst thing, the absolute, most annoying thing that just drives me bonkers: Why is the 'cancel' button for editing bios so big. I misclicked on it 2 times already, it is seriously annoying and makes me very paranoid.

Please just give us a confirmation window at least??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8