Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Update From a Graphic Design Opinion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Sienne" date="2020-06-08 08:21:41" ] Not a Graphic Designer but I'd really be much, much happier if there was an option to default to Scenic Mode and another option to collapse the Battle Info, Physical Info and Lineage. [img]https://i.imgur.com/FrwBefs.png[/img] [/quote] This would be the dream! I'd love a toggle to choose if you want to default to this, it's beautiful. The modular suggestion is also really interesting! dA had that (maybe they still do?) when that was the popular site for artists, and it really made a difference in making the space your own. Subeta lets you code your own profiles for each companion with custom art and everything, and it makes every one very special. Even having a modular option per lair would allow people to have that same sense of individuality.
Sienne wrote on 2020-06-08 08:21:41:
Not a Graphic Designer but I'd really be much, much happier if there was an option to default to Scenic Mode and another option to collapse the Battle Info, Physical Info and Lineage.

FrwBefs.png

This would be the dream! I'd love a toggle to choose if you want to default to this, it's beautiful. The modular suggestion is also really interesting! dA had that (maybe they still do?) when that was the popular site for artists, and it really made a difference in making the space your own. Subeta lets you code your own profiles for each companion with custom art and everything, and it makes every one very special. Even having a modular option per lair would allow people to have that same sense of individuality.
when i first read op's post i thought they meant that the scenes were one use only like gene scrolls cause they "disappear after use" and was really confused.
when i first read op's post i thought they meant that the scenes were one use only like gene scrolls cause they "disappear after use" and was really confused.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
I'm not gonna lie, I think toggle options wouldn't look too great if we're being honest. The original layout was just so... Well made and very clearly thought out and now its just. Well it's a mess. I really hope they don't do revamps to the rest of the site like they say they plan to. I don't think anything needs revamped, especially with how cosmacy so perfectly demonstrated how new features can be implemented to the original

due to mental disabilities this site use to be a place i went to to calm down, and now i really can't do that anymore, it makes me almost want to leave flight rising
I'm not gonna lie, I think toggle options wouldn't look too great if we're being honest. The original layout was just so... Well made and very clearly thought out and now its just. Well it's a mess. I really hope they don't do revamps to the rest of the site like they say they plan to. I don't think anything needs revamped, especially with how cosmacy so perfectly demonstrated how new features can be implemented to the original

due to mental disabilities this site use to be a place i went to to calm down, and now i really can't do that anymore, it makes me almost want to leave flight rising
Meal Moth .....
- Arby
- He/Him
- FR+0
- Wishlist

[quote name="voidbeast" date="2020-06-08 08:17:18" ] what annoys me the most about this update is there's no longer a permenant button placement on the dragon's bio. im on mobile so i dunno how different it is on desktop, but i have to tap on the dragon to reveal the arrows to move to the next page. [/quote] I'm also on mobile but I've never had the permanent arrows. I've always had to tap on the dragon to see them. While the update does feel a little cluttered, I know it's going to be one of those things that I'll get used to quickly.
voidbeast wrote on 2020-06-08 08:17:18:
what annoys me the most about this update is there's no longer a permenant button placement on the dragon's bio. im on mobile so i dunno how different it is on desktop, but i have to tap on the dragon to reveal the arrows to move to the next page.

I'm also on mobile but I've never had the permanent arrows. I've always had to tap on the dragon to see them.
While the update does feel a little cluttered, I know it's going to be one of those things that I'll get used to quickly.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
Just adding my "support" to the OP (do you think this thread will get moved into Suggestions?)
Just adding my "support" to the OP (do you think this thread will get moved into Suggestions?)
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2020-06-08 08:27:38" ] Isn't the photoshopped proposal just the old layout with Background added? I mean I wish the apparel box was somewhere else too but the proposed changes you drew out isn't even what I'd call an update, it's just a slight modification. [/quote] ...yeah this is what i was thinking too. OP's post just sounds like "i preferred the old layout" tbh, not that there's anything wrong with that but... yeah. [quote name="Rvan" date="2020-06-08 08:31:55" ] I personally like it a lot, but my main beef is with the apparel/scene/skin boxes. The dashed lines make it look too prominent that they aren’t wearing anything, and it’s kind of annoying because it feels... incomplete for the dragon, if that makes any sense? [/quote] this is my only problem with the new update. the apparel seems to get in the way a lot? i wish it was more like this: [quote name="Celeana" date="2020-06-08 10:25:12" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HqauZtI.png[/img] [/quote] this is my favorite mockup so far out of the ones i've seen. it's clean, it stays true to the new design, and it addresses a lot of the problems that people have been having with the new dragon page revamp.
Sorel wrote on 2020-06-08 08:27:38:
Isn't the photoshopped proposal just the old layout with Background added? I mean I wish the apparel box was somewhere else too but the proposed changes you drew out isn't even what I'd call an update, it's just a slight modification.

...yeah this is what i was thinking too. OP's post just sounds like "i preferred the old layout" tbh, not that there's anything wrong with that but... yeah.
Rvan wrote on 2020-06-08 08:31:55:
I personally like it a lot, but my main beef is with the apparel/scene/skin boxes. The dashed lines make it look too prominent that they aren’t wearing anything, and it’s kind of annoying because it feels... incomplete for the dragon, if that makes any sense?

this is my only problem with the new update. the apparel seems to get in the way a lot? i wish it was more like this:
Celeana wrote on 2020-06-08 10:25:12:
HqauZtI.png

this is my favorite mockup so far out of the ones i've seen. it's clean, it stays true to the new design, and it addresses a lot of the problems that people have been having with the new dragon page revamp.
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
Thank you. I was trying to figure out what it was exactly about the new profile layout that bothered me so much, and you've summed up everything about it that felt off to me. It's a shame, because I like some of the additions.

The one other thing I want to add - the ability to add vistas to a dragon's profile. I like the idea, but the way it's implemented? I do NOT like that, one little bit. I hate the way it moves the bio over so much, resulting in stuff being hidden under the side, squashing writing and being off-centre - it looks so messy.
Thank you. I was trying to figure out what it was exactly about the new profile layout that bothered me so much, and you've summed up everything about it that felt off to me. It's a shame, because I like some of the additions.

The one other thing I want to add - the ability to add vistas to a dragon's profile. I like the idea, but the way it's implemented? I do NOT like that, one little bit. I hate the way it moves the bio over so much, resulting in stuff being hidden under the side, squashing writing and being off-centre - it looks so messy.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Having the physical info more with the dragon be first would be preferable. Its really important, after all.

It is more important than the ever changing apparel that i can remove all of.
Having the physical info more with the dragon be first would be preferable. Its really important, after all.

It is more important than the ever changing apparel that i can remove all of.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Quote:
The Color Scheme:
Firstly, the profile and dragon tabs have remained the same. However, the neutral white-tan-red color scheme no longer largely exists within the dragons. The varying colors provided a "tiering" effect (tan buttons blending into the background, creating a "no see-um" effect) as well as a nicely contained and organized segments. Without the light tan color to border the dragons and information, the information feels scattered- much like a stream of consciousness strewn across the page.

THIS IS IT.
THIS IS THE ISSUE I HAVE!!

It just looks to empty and unfinished to me, the tiering makes things look more "professional" in my opinion instead of an empty white spreadsheet.
Quote:
The Color Scheme:
Firstly, the profile and dragon tabs have remained the same. However, the neutral white-tan-red color scheme no longer largely exists within the dragons. The varying colors provided a "tiering" effect (tan buttons blending into the background, creating a "no see-um" effect) as well as a nicely contained and organized segments. Without the light tan color to border the dragons and information, the information feels scattered- much like a stream of consciousness strewn across the page.

THIS IS IT.
THIS IS THE ISSUE I HAVE!!

It just looks to empty and unfinished to me, the tiering makes things look more "professional" in my opinion instead of an empty white spreadsheet.
Heart.gif
Something changed about the background of the dragon bio textbox as well, I think it has some sort of gradient now? It's completely ruined so much of my bio coding and graphics, which is honestly devastating. It almost looks more like some business website design instead of a dragon game
Something changed about the background of the dragon bio textbox as well, I think it has some sort of gradient now? It's completely ruined so much of my bio coding and graphics, which is honestly devastating. It almost looks more like some business website design instead of a dragon game
Meal Moth .....
- Arby
- He/Him
- FR+0
- Wishlist

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8