Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Update From a Graphic Design Opinion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="GrandKarkistIon" date="2020-06-08 12:11:45" ] Buttons, buttons, too many freakin' buttons. Staff took a handful of buttons and just... tossed 'em down, it seems. [/quote] @grandkarkistion you summed up the entire update beautifully- im in tears. this is it, this is the update.
GrandKarkistIon wrote on 2020-06-08 12:11:45:
Buttons, buttons, too many freakin' buttons. Staff took a handful of buttons and just... tossed 'em down, it seems.
@grandkarkistion

you summed up the entire update beautifully- im in tears. this is it, this is the update.
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
dux0Iq9.pngNk21WD8.pngdMSBs9b.pngxpE8Cc3.pngwTBPG5s.pngK3S42IV.pngFtaMYkJ.pngH4wPhGw.png
@nonlight

god thatd be such a cool idea- and honestly that would fix a lot of the tiering / fundamental issues i have with the update? it kind of reminds me of the old deviantart pages idea, where you could put different modules wherever you wanted on your page- have a place for polls, a place for social media stuff, and a place even just for brightly colored animated "stamps"
@nonlight

god thatd be such a cool idea- and honestly that would fix a lot of the tiering / fundamental issues i have with the update? it kind of reminds me of the old deviantart pages idea, where you could put different modules wherever you wanted on your page- have a place for polls, a place for social media stuff, and a place even just for brightly colored animated "stamps"
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
dux0Iq9.pngNk21WD8.pngdMSBs9b.pngxpE8Cc3.pngwTBPG5s.pngK3S42IV.pngFtaMYkJ.pngH4wPhGw.png
@lightsgodown

honestly, and i hope it wasn't written as this- i have no issues with change or updates to user interface. however, they rarely work well and people have grown used to what they have experienced. and honestly yeah i do prefer the old layout, but looking at it objectively, there are significant design flaws with the new design: tiering, conflicting colors, placement and sizing, etc. the old design wasn't perfect- designs are never perfect- but the old design definitely had better placement and sizing of things than what is currently implemented. it felt cozy, compact, contained- this just feels airy and light but without that containment...it's cluttered and messy

that's just my two cents though

also i replied to op but yeah i did make the mockup to see what a compromise could look like, and i did make it very quickly. i wasn't trying to edit the new design but edit the old design to look more like the new design if that makes sense? (the addition of scenes mainly) and the mockup by celeanais such a gorgeous mockup honestly !! i wish thats what it looked like tbfh
@lightsgodown

honestly, and i hope it wasn't written as this- i have no issues with change or updates to user interface. however, they rarely work well and people have grown used to what they have experienced. and honestly yeah i do prefer the old layout, but looking at it objectively, there are significant design flaws with the new design: tiering, conflicting colors, placement and sizing, etc. the old design wasn't perfect- designs are never perfect- but the old design definitely had better placement and sizing of things than what is currently implemented. it felt cozy, compact, contained- this just feels airy and light but without that containment...it's cluttered and messy

that's just my two cents though

also i replied to op but yeah i did make the mockup to see what a compromise could look like, and i did make it very quickly. i wasn't trying to edit the new design but edit the old design to look more like the new design if that makes sense? (the addition of scenes mainly) and the mockup by celeanais such a gorgeous mockup honestly !! i wish thats what it looked like tbfh
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
@fletcher a hover popup would be nice, or perhaps even a small clickable arrow at the bottom of the dragon info that would let you pan to the coli stats
@fletcher a hover popup would be nice, or perhaps even a small clickable arrow at the bottom of the dragon info that would let you pan to the coli stats
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
My only complaint is that I wish the familiar spot would vanish if there was no familiar assigned. Other than a few tiny scaling tweaks I love it. It wasn't needed, sure, but it's just as good as before imo.
My only complaint is that I wish the familiar spot would vanish if there was no familiar assigned. Other than a few tiny scaling tweaks I love it. It wasn't needed, sure, but it's just as good as before imo.
Also like... is anyone else bothered by the fact that applying vista pushes the entire bio box to the right? As someone who has symmetrical bio designs, I really really don't like this.
Also like... is anyone else bothered by the fact that applying vista pushes the entire bio box to the right? As someone who has symmetrical bio designs, I really really don't like this.
My dragons' names are 2-3 separate words. Please put spaces between them!!!
hRPcGnh.jpg
Agree with everything, it’s sad that in the quest for change they (in my opinion) lost sight of the most basic and important features of the site. This a breeding game, anything else is just for fun.
Agree with everything, it’s sad that in the quest for change they (in my opinion) lost sight of the most basic and important features of the site. This a breeding game, anything else is just for fun.
E5NiyJY.png
I've shared screenshots of some de-cluttered versions people can implement locally on their computers. If there's interest, I'll be happy to share the code and put together a tutorial to implement simplified versions.
I've shared screenshots of some de-cluttered versions people can implement locally on their computers. If there's interest, I'll be happy to share the code and put together a tutorial to implement simplified versions.
@salgarthur SIGN ME UP FOR THAT PINGLIST PLEASE ! wow that's gorgeous and also bless you for doing this ? it's incredible and amazing. reminds me of the xkit guy on tumblr coming to be our savior whenever the site inevitably made an unfavorable update.

actually that's exactly what this feels like-
@salgarthur SIGN ME UP FOR THAT PINGLIST PLEASE ! wow that's gorgeous and also bless you for doing this ? it's incredible and amazing. reminds me of the xkit guy on tumblr coming to be our savior whenever the site inevitably made an unfavorable update.

actually that's exactly what this feels like-
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
@cosmacy No problem! I should have everything ready to go at some point tomorrow. :)
@cosmacy No problem! I should have everything ready to go at some point tomorrow. :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8