Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | worst/weirdest newbie assumption?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I assumed your custom progen's tert was invariably the same as their primary, since mine happened to get Midnight/Rust/Midnight. I also didn't realize how valuable G1s were and exalted the first couple of dragons I got from found eggs ._.
I assumed your custom progen's tert was invariably the same as their primary, since mine happened to get Midnight/Rust/Midnight. I also didn't realize how valuable G1s were and exalted the first couple of dragons I got from found eggs ._.
I also got scared that your dragons could actually die for some amount of time.
I also got scared that your dragons could actually die for some amount of time.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
I originally started playing years ago and just got back into it with a new account (I don't remember the username or email of my old one but I don't care because I wanted to start anew) and these two hit me from way way back then [quote name="Okamihowl" date="2020-05-29 17:12:48" ] I thought you'd get more/better stuff if you gathered in the 'right' territories-- E.G, foraging in Nature, digging in Earth, scavenging in Plague, etc. [/quote] [quote name="artemiswanderer" date="2020-05-29 18:47:58" ] I thought that your random progen was always the same species as your custom cause I had two mirrors. [/quote]
I originally started playing years ago and just got back into it with a new account (I don't remember the username or email of my old one but I don't care because I wanted to start anew) and these two hit me from way way back then

Okamihowl wrote on 2020-05-29 17:12:48:
I thought you'd get more/better stuff if you gathered in the 'right' territories-- E.G, foraging in Nature, digging in Earth, scavenging in Plague, etc.
artemiswanderer wrote on 2020-05-29 18:47:58:
I thought that your random progen was always the same species as your custom cause I had two mirrors.

1) thought buying apparel slots only worked for individual dragons not the whole lair

2) thought I could only gather items in lightning since that's the flight I choose
1) thought buying apparel slots only worked for individual dragons not the whole lair

2) thought I could only gather items in lightning since that's the flight I choose
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
I'm still kinda new, but it was jarring to me to find out that the "Trading Post" was not the shops to buy apparel/familiars/ect from. It didn't help that the Marketplace was empty when I first checked it. [quote name="Sevenths" date="2020-05-29 18:35:57" ] i used the "flee" button in the coli before i realized you could just refresh the page [/quote] I actually didn't know this yet. Thank you.
I'm still kinda new, but it was jarring to me to find out that the "Trading Post" was not the shops to buy apparel/familiars/ect from. It didn't help that the Marketplace was empty when I first checked it.
Sevenths wrote on 2020-05-29 18:35:57:
i used the "flee" button in the coli before i realized you could just refresh the page

I actually didn't know this yet. Thank you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
teardrop_owlynx.png
1 2 3 4
Zarteicha
FR +3 [] She / They

tqGkHih.png
SEIqIGe.png
jI9KbMj.png
For way too long I didn't realise that genes existed and I thought the only way to get dragons that weren't just basic were by giving them skins
For way too long I didn't realise that genes existed and I thought the only way to get dragons that weren't just basic were by giving them skins
gMzV8.gif

aC86tUH.png
bX96R21.png
k3PfQGk.png
ashes / march
Wg1Qxoe.png
BjO3CiL.png
JR7ZBLT.png

TdTJOrw.png
12ilQ62.png
Sj6j121.png
[quote name="artemiswanderer" date="2020-05-29 18:47:58" ] I thought that your random progen was always the same species as your custom cause I had two mirrors. [/quote] Same here, but with Guardians. I operated under this assumption for two months.
artemiswanderer wrote on 2020-05-29 18:47:58:
I thought that your random progen was always the same species as your custom cause I had two mirrors.
Same here, but with Guardians. I operated under this assumption for two months.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
I found scrying threads for G1 auctions and got really irritated at the "preview scries" because I hadn't yet understood the concept of buying scrolls from the marketplace and applying them to your dragons, so I thought it was all a big scam.
I found scrying threads for G1 auctions and got really irritated at the "preview scries" because I hadn't yet understood the concept of buying scrolls from the marketplace and applying them to your dragons, so I thought it was all a big scam.
shop_banner.png
I thought the random progen would always be similar to the custom one because they're bother fae with yellow primaries but opposite secondaries... turns out I'm just kinda lucky
I thought the random progen would always be similar to the custom one because they're bother fae with yellow primaries but opposite secondaries... turns out I'm just kinda lucky
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
I thought that the only way to get apparel and fams was from the marketplace, so I wasted maybe 250kt in there before I realized the AH was a thing and that the fams I bought for 25kt could be bought for 3kt.

Also, I didn't know the pricing of anything, and I gave away the 5 rallies I had acquired through giveaways. It was a giving thread, and I received a few pieces of food as a surprise, so now I don't use those threads anymore. (I lost maybe 500kt using those threads because I gave away a lot of good items.)
I thought that the only way to get apparel and fams was from the marketplace, so I wasted maybe 250kt in there before I realized the AH was a thing and that the fams I bought for 25kt could be bought for 3kt.

Also, I didn't know the pricing of anything, and I gave away the 5 rallies I had acquired through giveaways. It was a giving thread, and I received a few pieces of food as a surprise, so now I don't use those threads anymore. (I lost maybe 500kt using those threads because I gave away a lot of good items.)
tHe chICKeN hAs COmE...

DOn't even THINK about clicking this unless you want to lose your nose...

Dusk, she/her, friend requests welcome!
OLBR2hp.png Click Here For The Chicken Discord Server!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9