Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | worst/weirdest newbie assumption?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Let's see: I thought you statted your dragons equally for the Coli (the attempt at which you can still see on my custom progen, Danae, lol) and that all forums other than the "Announcements" forum were inherently evil. I also hoard-sold my first Eliminate, thinking it was worthless (bear in mind, they were much more common back then). I did not make my first forum post until the first NotN, just over a month after I joined. I quickly learned the error of my ways then.
Let's see: I thought you statted your dragons equally for the Coli (the attempt at which you can still see on my custom progen, Danae, lol) and that all forums other than the "Announcements" forum were inherently evil. I also hoard-sold my first Eliminate, thinking it was worthless (bear in mind, they were much more common back then). I did not make my first forum post until the first NotN, just over a month after I joined. I quickly learned the error of my ways then.
for some reason something i read when i was fairly new made me think that MP items got more expensive as the stock got lower. i never actually checked the prices to see if that was true, but if i needed an MP item i would only buy it if there were a lot in stock
for some reason something i read when i was fairly new made me think that MP items got more expensive as the stock got lower. i never actually checked the prices to see if that was true, but if i needed an MP item i would only buy it if there were a lot in stock
a
P9aWhak.png Qsi7AgW.png JNAfoEf.png Pgv53XB.png WKtl2lb.png
When I was a newbie I thought G1 dragons were called progens. I even shared a random G1 dragon as my progen before I found out the difference between G1 dragon and progen dragon.
When I was a newbie I thought G1 dragons were called progens. I even shared a random G1 dragon as my progen before I found out the difference between G1 dragon and progen dragon.
I used to think tundras were a large breed. Imagine my confusion when I looked at the size of one and realised they're like... fluffy dogs. xD
I used to think tundras were a large breed. Imagine my confusion when I looked at the size of one and realised they're like... fluffy dogs. xD
I didn’t know that gene scrolls existed somehow so I thought people with gened gen 1s were hacking
I didn’t know that gene scrolls existed somehow so I thought people with gened gen 1s were hacking
zhMvOXK.png
I thought that if a dragon was transferred from one account to another it's bio was wiped. No idea why I thought that, but... yeah.
I thought that if a dragon was transferred from one account to another it's bio was wiped. No idea why I thought that, but... yeah.
DdvClvz.png ____________ deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif_____________DdvClvz.png
I thought that buying from the AH would lock me into a bidding war so I was very scared of using it for a while.

I also thought that gathering in another flights territory made the other flights angry and that I would get into random encounters while gathering.

Also for the longest time I thought that gen ones were just stupid expensive because they're gen ones, so when I found one on the AH for like 20kt I was ecstatic because I'd just gotten a good deal (it wasn't).

Not a newbie mistake, but uhh until a few months ago I thought that gembond was a gem gene. I've been here five years. Oops.
I thought that buying from the AH would lock me into a bidding war so I was very scared of using it for a while.

I also thought that gathering in another flights territory made the other flights angry and that I would get into random encounters while gathering.

Also for the longest time I thought that gen ones were just stupid expensive because they're gen ones, so when I found one on the AH for like 20kt I was ecstatic because I'd just gotten a good deal (it wasn't).

Not a newbie mistake, but uhh until a few months ago I thought that gembond was a gem gene. I've been here five years. Oops.
I thought you could only breed dragons of the same breed together...
I thought you could only breed dragons of the same breed together...
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
For a long time I assumed that your random progen had to be a different breed from your created progen when it generated. (My progen was a Fae and my random a Guardian.) My mind was blown when I found out that wasn't the case.

I though unlocking apparel slots only counted for a single dragon, until I actually did it and found out it unlocks the slot for all your dragons. (I know a lot of people have/have had this misconception - it would be good if there was some clarification on the apparel page.)

I thought you could only gather in your flight's territory. It wasn't until my first festival that I found out you could gather anywhere.
For a long time I assumed that your random progen had to be a different breed from your created progen when it generated. (My progen was a Fae and my random a Guardian.) My mind was blown when I found out that wasn't the case.

I though unlocking apparel slots only counted for a single dragon, until I actually did it and found out it unlocks the slot for all your dragons. (I know a lot of people have/have had this misconception - it would be good if there was some clarification on the apparel page.)

I thought you could only gather in your flight's territory. It wasn't until my first festival that I found out you could gather anywhere.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
[quote name="Jauffer" date="2020-05-30 02:29:04" ] When I was a newbie I thought G1 dragons were called progens. I even shared a random G1 dragon as my progen before I found out the difference between G1 dragon and progen dragon. [/quote]
Jauffer wrote on 2020-05-30 02:29:04:
66.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9