Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | worst/weirdest newbie assumption?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Kyan0s" date="2020-05-29 15:43:14" ] Also I used to think we could only own dragons with the element of our flight [/quote] This reminds me of one I had really early on. I thought that once you owned a dragon it would change into your flight's element just by being in your lair, like if you got an ice dragon while you were in wind then it would become a wind dragon. [s]Imagine the chaos if this were a real thing[/s]
Kyan0s wrote on 2020-05-29 15:43:14:
Also I used to think we could only own dragons with the element of our flight
This reminds me of one I had really early on. I thought that once you owned a dragon it would change into your flight's element just by being in your lair, like if you got an ice dragon while you were in wind then it would become a wind dragon. Imagine the chaos if this were a real thing
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
When I first started writing lore, I was so worried about making it all "canon". For some reason, I thought people would judge me if my stuff didn't follow the official FR lore. Now I know it's a free-for-all and everyone just has fun with it!
When I first started writing lore, I was so worried about making it all "canon". For some reason, I thought people would judge me if my stuff didn't follow the official FR lore. Now I know it's a free-for-all and everyone just has fun with it!
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
I thought that tertiaries would influence how your offspring would look like. So one of my progens kids have cottencandy as their tert and I thought I needed to get someone with a cottancandy tert or something like in order to get some pastel babes.

I have no clue why I thought that’s how it worked but I was a bit disappointed when I couldn’t make cottancandy babies with her hgfhss
I thought that tertiaries would influence how your offspring would look like. So one of my progens kids have cottencandy as their tert and I thought I needed to get someone with a cottancandy tert or something like in order to get some pastel babes.

I have no clue why I thought that’s how it worked but I was a bit disappointed when I couldn’t make cottancandy babies with her hgfhss
bVzIUfv.png
Seconds before I signed up, I thought this site works like lioden. I never played that game bc it was 16+ and I was too young and obeying rules, but I imagined you had a pack of lions and you hunted and explored territory etc.

Im not dissapointed tho, I like dress up games too. And it's so good you can leave your dragons and they wont die off!
Seconds before I signed up, I thought this site works like lioden. I never played that game bc it was 16+ and I was too young and obeying rules, but I imagined you had a pack of lions and you hunted and explored territory etc.

Im not dissapointed tho, I like dress up games too. And it's so good you can leave your dragons and they wont die off!
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
[quote name="Leopardmask" date="2020-05-29 15:25:33" ] I thought that my random progen's tert color was based on the flight I chose, because I'm in Nature and his tert is Leaf. Other than that correlation I have no idea why I thought this - I was fully aware that his other two colors, and I think my custom's tert, were all random. [/quote] I kinda thought that too, since both my progens have tertiary colors in the red range and my flight is Plague. In all honesty, I had a [i]lot[/i] of weird assumptions when I was new. I had no idea you could only get Strange Chests during NOTN (I joined during NOTN, and thought that afterwards it was just harder to get them), for one thing. I also thought any hatchlings that came from a nest would have the element(s) of the parents..
Leopardmask wrote on 2020-05-29 15:25:33:
I thought that my random progen's tert color was based on the flight I chose, because I'm in Nature and his tert is Leaf. Other than that correlation I have no idea why I thought this - I was fully aware that his other two colors, and I think my custom's tert, were all random.
I kinda thought that too, since both my progens have tertiary colors in the red range and my flight is Plague.

In all honesty, I had a lot of weird assumptions when I was new. I had no idea you could only get Strange Chests during NOTN (I joined during NOTN, and thought that afterwards it was just harder to get them), for one thing.

I also thought any hatchlings that came from a nest would have the element(s) of the parents..
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
For a brief time when I was new, I somehow got the idea that female hatchlings would be the mom's species and male hatchlings would be the dad's. Boy would breeding have been complicated...
For a brief time when I was new, I somehow got the idea that female hatchlings would be the mom's species and male hatchlings would be the dad's. Boy would breeding have been complicated...
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
When I started my first breeding project, I didn't know how color ranges worked at all, so I bought two dragons with a wide range to try and get a specific dragon. Obviously, it didn't work, and now I have a real pair for that project.
When I started my first breeding project, I didn't know how color ranges worked at all, so I bought two dragons with a wide range to try and get a specific dragon. Obviously, it didn't work, and now I have a real pair for that project.
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[quote name="Kyan0s" date="2020-05-29 15:43:14" ]Also I used to think we could only own dragons with the element of our flight [/quote] Wow that would be awful, since a lot of my favorite dragons aren't of the Fire element. I guess Arcane would be a dominance powerhouse though, since a lot of Mire trainers would end up moving to that flight.
Kyan0s wrote on 2020-05-29 15:43:14:
Also I used to think we could only own dragons with the element of our flight
Wow that would be awful, since a lot of my favorite dragons aren't of the Fire element. I guess Arcane would be a dominance powerhouse though, since a lot of Mire trainers would end up moving to that flight.
giphy.gif
For my first festival or two I thought the only way to get fest skins was for them to drop in the coli, I had no idea you could buy them.
For my first festival or two I thought the only way to get fest skins was for them to drop in the coli, I had no idea you could buy them.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
I thought you'd get more/better stuff if you gathered in the 'right' territories-- E.G, foraging in Nature, digging in Earth, scavenging in Plague, etc.
I thought you'd get more/better stuff if you gathered in the 'right' territories-- E.G, foraging in Nature, digging in Earth, scavenging in Plague, etc.
Gr15mqs.png
I6Ay4yi.gifwLQRY4q.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9