Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | worst/weirdest newbie assumption?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I thought eye color was tied to the parent dragons the same way primary/secondary/tertiary colors are. I couldn't figure out why my first nest hatched with all green-eyed babies...

Needless to say, I left nature and went to ice almost right away because the dragons I wanted to breed all clashed with nature eyes.
I thought eye color was tied to the parent dragons the same way primary/secondary/tertiary colors are. I couldn't figure out why my first nest hatched with all green-eyed babies...

Needless to say, I left nature and went to ice almost right away because the dragons I wanted to breed all clashed with nature eyes.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
I was super confused about breeding: Me: I have only two dragons that I just bred with each other. Encyclopedia: you can only breed dragons that are 5 generations apart. Me: Okay...how do I get new dragons to breed with these babies? By finding eggs? And where do genes come from? Random mutation or GOOD GRAVY THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY! This is gonna take a while. Friend: *Sends me a fodder pair via CR. They look pretty cool.* Me: Cool, fresh bloodlines. I’ll breed their babies with my babies. Babies: *Are ugly and make worse babies.* Me: ... Me: How do you “win” this game again? ((Shhh...the fact that I still have 2 of my progen’s kids and three of Ugly Fodder Pair’s kids is entirely irrelevant to this topic...I did NOT end up breeding them to each other though.[emoji=mirror winking size=1]))
I was super confused about breeding:

Me: I have only two dragons that I just bred with each other.
Encyclopedia: you can only breed dragons that are 5 generations apart.
Me: Okay...how do I get new dragons to breed with these babies? By finding eggs? And where do genes come from? Random mutation or GOOD GRAVY THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY! This is gonna take a while.

Friend: *Sends me a fodder pair via CR. They look pretty cool.*
Me: Cool, fresh bloodlines. I’ll breed their babies with my babies.
Babies: *Are ugly and make worse babies.*
Me: ...
Me: How do you “win” this game again?

((Shhh...the fact that I still have 2 of my progen’s kids and three of Ugly Fodder Pair’s kids is entirely irrelevant to this topic...I did NOT end up breeding them to each other though.))
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[quote name="Okamihowl" date="2020-05-29 17:12:48" ] I thought you'd get more/better stuff if you gathered in the 'right' territories-- E.G, foraging in Nature, digging in Earth, scavenging in Plague, etc. [/quote] I still do it like that because of superstition though
Okamihowl wrote on 2020-05-29 17:12:48:
I thought you'd get more/better stuff if you gathered in the 'right' territories-- E.G, foraging in Nature, digging in Earth, scavenging in Plague, etc.

I still do it like that because of superstition though
Waystone3.gif ibcbaby2.png
Dragons who faint in the Coli actually straight up died and got auto-exalted. Also that unlocking an apparel slot only worked on that singular dragon.
Dragons who faint in the Coli actually straight up died and got auto-exalted. Also that unlocking an apparel slot only worked on that singular dragon.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I signed up the day before the first brightshine jubilee, but I didn't understand how to get the fest currency. So I never got enough currency to buy a light sprite.
I signed up the day before the first brightshine jubilee, but I didn't understand how to get the fest currency. So I never got enough currency to buy a light sprite.
TqnrXGL.png o hatchery
o spotlight
o BTV Veils
o subspecies
o kennel club
o lore: clan saga
i used the "flee" button in the coli before i realized you could just refresh the page
i used the "flee" button in the coli before i realized you could just refresh the page
lant.gif xxxxxx kQ9Lmpz.png xxxxxx lant.gif
I thought that geneing dragons would net you more money when you exalted them, for some reason.

So I threw a few genes on a gen 1 dragon from the very first notn, exalted her, and was disappointed when i only got about 1000~ish treasure back.

I wish I'd read a few of the guides, I would've understood dominance a lot quicker if I had, haha.
I thought that geneing dragons would net you more money when you exalted them, for some reason.

So I threw a few genes on a gen 1 dragon from the very first notn, exalted her, and was disappointed when i only got about 1000~ish treasure back.

I wish I'd read a few of the guides, I would've understood dominance a lot quicker if I had, haha.
I thought hybrids were a thing until my first nest hatched. Also, after I found out that you could get fams from the coli, I thought every time I killed a monster I would get a fam.
I thought hybrids were a thing until my first nest hatched. Also, after I found out that you could get fams from the coli, I thought every time I killed a monster I would get a fam.
mISblcI.gif
Dragon Sales
[quote name="Foayasha" date="2020-05-29 18:35:00" ] I signed up the day before the first brightshine jubilee, but I didn't understand how to use the coliseum. So I never got enough currency to buy a light sprite. [/quote] [emoji=eliminate size=1] i thought that you would get something every time you gained another forum star. also thought that ALL dragons were accountbound once you bought them, not just progens.
Foayasha wrote on 2020-05-29 18:35:00:
I signed up the day before the first brightshine jubilee, but I didn't understand how to use the coliseum. So I never got enough currency to buy a light sprite.

i thought that you would get something every time you gained another forum star. also thought that ALL dragons were accountbound once you bought them, not just progens.
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
I thought your custom and random progen would always end up with matching terts.
I thought your custom and random progen would always end up with matching terts.
Buying Food UMAs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9