Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Does_____Work In Your Clan
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

How do weddings work in your clan?

Private ceremony with family and close friends. Highly ritualized and symbolic including purification and dedication rituals.

How does the trading post work?

Dragons fly to a dedicated stand.

Is there a market area?

Yes. An interflight market, and then a dedicated in flight one in certain regions.

Breeding?

Most hatchlings are don't exist in Lore. A few do.

Are there ranks?

A duumvirate of the superintendent-general of the police force and the clan matriarch. The police force is split into two superintendents, one for leviathan trench special operations, and then assorted inspectors over different departments, such as Major Crimes and the Familiar Patrol Unit, and then those who work for those departments.

The civilians have a council that rotates and a dedicated council head that's a mouthpiece but no real ranks.

Food distribution?

Dragons eat whenever and whatever. It's not in lore.

Hibernation?

Walled part deeper in the city.

How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work
?
They petition the Tidelord for magical changes with offerings, buy them premade my magical craftsmen, or they make them themselves in the case of baldwin and such, or trade them. It varies.

Selling/buying dragons?

Bribes to enter the clan and bribes to leave the clan

Exalting?

A high honor to fight for the tidelord. They're stilll alive. In very, very rare occasions it's death.

Private ceremony with family and close friends. Highly ritualized and symbolic including purification and dedication rituals.

How does the trading post work?

Dragons fly to a dedicated stand.

Is there a market area?

Yes. An interflight market, and then a dedicated in flight one in certain regions.

Breeding?

Most hatchlings are don't exist in Lore. A few do.

Are there ranks?

A duumvirate of the superintendent-general of the police force and the clan matriarch. The police force is split into two superintendents, one for leviathan trench special operations, and then assorted inspectors over different departments, such as Major Crimes and the Familiar Patrol Unit, and then those who work for those departments.

The civilians have a council that rotates and a dedicated council head that's a mouthpiece but no real ranks.

Food distribution?

Dragons eat whenever and whatever. It's not in lore.

Hibernation?

Walled part deeper in the city.

How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work
?
They petition the Tidelord for magical changes with offerings, buy them premade my magical craftsmen, or they make them themselves in the case of baldwin and such, or trade them. It varies.

Selling/buying dragons?

Bribes to enter the clan and bribes to leave the clan

Exalting?

A high honor to fight for the tidelord. They're stilll alive. In very, very rare occasions it's death.

Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
  • I think wedding rituals would depend on the dragon, though I've never really thought about it. Some might have a party, others might just decide they're mates now with no big deal made about it, or others might not even bother with labels at all and simply exist together.

How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
  • Usually my boys Invierno or Raptor deal with most out of clan affairs, though I'd imagine the Trading Post might just be a kind of market-type thing within lore which all of my dragons visit every once in awhile.

Is there a market area?
  • Not really. There are miscellaneous shops around the village but there's no dedicated "market" area. We don't have any directions or paths either so it's a lot of fun attempting to navigate the place without asking someone for help.

Breeding?
  • I've never really thought about how it works. Usually I just gloss over it, where dragons already have either eggs or children with no explanation as to how. Most hatchlings I do have are non-canon anyways, so there's that.

Is there ranks?
  • We don't have ranks, per se, but we have jobs. The founders run the village along with a few dragons who attempt to uphold some sense of calm in here but for the most part we're just a bunch of honest, hard-working dragons.

Food distribution?(do the elderly eat first? alphas/royalty?)
  • There are certain jobs within the clan that deal with producing or gathering food who most other dragons will buy their food from, or they'll go out to gather their own. I have outdated lore which says otherwise but that was from when my clan was still small, shh

Hibernation?
  • The dragons in my den aren't hibernating, but they don't exist within my clan unless stated otherwise.

How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work?
  • We have specific dragons who deal with changing around genes, with the exception of eyes from a scattersight. Selenia is the one who usually applies the genes (and an exception to the den rule), magically transferring the gene from the scroll onto the selected dragon, and Oscuro (her bio needs updated badly) monitors them afterwards, helping them with the discomfort it causes and, in the case of a breed change, acting as a physical therapist to help them get used to their new form. Eyes from any other vial are applied as stated above with the exception of scattersight-applied eyes, which resulted from being in too close of proximity to an empty nest when the magic surge first occurred.

Selling/buying dragons?
  • It's not selling or buying in lore, it's simply dragons coming and going of their own free will.

Exalting?
  • Exalting within my lore is when a dragon goes on a grand journey to find a certain deity in order to serve them personally, whether by choice or some other force. Whether or not they succeed is another story I haven't explored. My coli team (hunters and fighters within lore) teach them a bit about defending themselves against other dragons and Beastclan foes before they head out. The services do have a cost, though they're fairly lenient with exact pay.
  • I think wedding rituals would depend on the dragon, though I've never really thought about it. Some might have a party, others might just decide they're mates now with no big deal made about it, or others might not even bother with labels at all and simply exist together.

How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
  • Usually my boys Invierno or Raptor deal with most out of clan affairs, though I'd imagine the Trading Post might just be a kind of market-type thing within lore which all of my dragons visit every once in awhile.

Is there a market area?
  • Not really. There are miscellaneous shops around the village but there's no dedicated "market" area. We don't have any directions or paths either so it's a lot of fun attempting to navigate the place without asking someone for help.

Breeding?
  • I've never really thought about how it works. Usually I just gloss over it, where dragons already have either eggs or children with no explanation as to how. Most hatchlings I do have are non-canon anyways, so there's that.

Is there ranks?
  • We don't have ranks, per se, but we have jobs. The founders run the village along with a few dragons who attempt to uphold some sense of calm in here but for the most part we're just a bunch of honest, hard-working dragons.

• There are certain jobs within the clan that deal with producing or gathering food who most other dragons will buy their food from, or they'll go out to gather their own. I have outdated lore which says otherwise but that was from when my clan was still small, shh

Hibernation?
  • The dragons in my den aren't hibernating, but they don't exist within my clan unless stated otherwise.

• We have specific dragons who deal with changing around genes, with the exception of eyes from a scattersight. Selenia is the one who usually applies the genes (and an exception to the den rule), magically transferring the gene from the scroll onto the selected dragon, and Oscuro (her bio needs updated badly) monitors them afterwards, helping them with the discomfort it causes and, in the case of a breed change, acting as a physical therapist to help them get used to their new form. Eyes from any other vial are applied as stated above with the exception of scattersight-applied eyes, which resulted from being in too close of proximity to an empty nest when the magic surge first occurred.

Selling/buying dragons?
  • It's not selling or buying in lore, it's simply dragons coming and going of their own free will.

Exalting?
  • Exalting within my lore is when a dragon goes on a grand journey to find a certain deity in order to serve them personally, whether by choice or some other force. Whether or not they succeed is another story I haven't explored. My coli team (hunters and fighters within lore) teach them a bit about defending themselves against other dragons and Beastclan foes before they head out. The services do have a cost, though they're fairly lenient with exact pay.
I need this to be visible so I can figure out what'ssssssssssssssssssssssss
x
- FR + 3
- Writer, Artist
- Random pings andx
messagesxencouraged!
x x388Nhd.png

Weddings range in grandness depending on who’s getting married. Royalty and high ranked dragons have the biggest weddings. So far there has been no divorced dragons.

Dragons stay typically in certain areas of the clan but some (like my nocturne merchants) tend to travel a lot more then other dragons.

Is there a market area?

There is a big market area that’s open to all dragons. Each market stand is run by a different dragon. Some dragons in the market travel and gather items to sell. It’s the perfect place to bump into a new face.
Breeding?

Most of the time dragons wait till marriage to have hatchlings. Dragons often mate for life but in some cases dragons have kids before marriage and end up separating after the eggs hatch. This is due to me going breeding crazy before I had lore for my dragons. Any dragon in my lair that is mated with another dragon will most likely stay with that dragon for the entirety of their life.

Is there ranks?

There are ranks in Ancient Born. Each dragon is born into a rank depending on the job they have. Royalty and specialty jobs (like royal chef,royal guard,maid etc) are the highest ranks. A dragon can go up a rank or down depending on them following rules and doing their job.

Typically in most of the groups of the clan Older/Royal dragons and young hatchlings get to pick/eat food. Then everyone else eats.

Hibernation?

There aren’t any seasonal hibernation. Dragons sleep when the want. (Or when I don’t have space in my regular lair)

The way a dragon currently looks is how they look unless explained otherwise in their bio.

Selling/buying dragons?

Dragons typically stay for a while. Sometimes they come and go. I typically don’t buy dragons unless I’m planning on keeping them for a while

Exalting?

Some dragons look forward to being exalted. Some don’t. It all depends on the dragon.

Weddings range in grandness depending on who’s getting married. Royalty and high ranked dragons have the biggest weddings. So far there has been no divorced dragons.

Dragons stay typically in certain areas of the clan but some (like my nocturne merchants) tend to travel a lot more then other dragons.

Is there a market area?

There is a big market area that’s open to all dragons. Each market stand is run by a different dragon. Some dragons in the market travel and gather items to sell. It’s the perfect place to bump into a new face.
Breeding?

Most of the time dragons wait till marriage to have hatchlings. Dragons often mate for life but in some cases dragons have kids before marriage and end up separating after the eggs hatch. This is due to me going breeding crazy before I had lore for my dragons. Any dragon in my lair that is mated with another dragon will most likely stay with that dragon for the entirety of their life.

Is there ranks?

There are ranks in Ancient Born. Each dragon is born into a rank depending on the job they have. Royalty and specialty jobs (like royal chef,royal guard,maid etc) are the highest ranks. A dragon can go up a rank or down depending on them following rules and doing their job.

Typically in most of the groups of the clan Older/Royal dragons and young hatchlings get to pick/eat food. Then everyone else eats.

Hibernation?

There aren’t any seasonal hibernation. Dragons sleep when the want. (Or when I don’t have space in my regular lair)

The way a dragon currently looks is how they look unless explained otherwise in their bio.

Selling/buying dragons?

Dragons typically stay for a while. Sometimes they come and go. I typically don’t buy dragons unless I’m planning on keeping them for a while

Exalting?

Some dragons look forward to being exalted. Some don’t. It all depends on the dragon.
My Socials
xwB9bSB.png6khVAbB.gif6Ih9zpY.pngTQeV2rb.png 2g77a1u.pngu7aSN3D.png0LVcGsI.png
wx97r8g.pngbisexual_by_agent_pits-d88d9bm.pngfemale_by_agent_pits-d8ebynk.png she_her_by_agent_pits-d88i5w4.png
1 How do weddings work in your clan?
They don't. There is no formal ceremony for becoming mates. That's not to say there are no long-term commitments! It's just that they're all basically just common-law marriages.

2 How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
Most dragons in the clan don't regularly go to the trading post. Many of the clan's needs can be met internally (e.g. we have a silk farmer who provides the tailor with silk, and we have a hunter and a gardener who provide food). Of course there are needs that can't be met internally, but generally only a handful of dragons go off to trade externally on a regular basis.

3 Is there a market area?
Not exactly. There are a couple one-off "food cart" type shops, but the clan doesn't have its own full-blown market. As stated above, a handful of dragons handle external trading elsewhere and bring goods and gold back to the clan. Recurring deals (like aforementioned silk farmer-to-tailor transaction) generally just get scheduled between the participants. For one-off trades, the closest Clan Araven has to a marketplace is probably just the temple common room; if you hang around long enough you'll eventually catch the dragon you're looking for passing through.

4 Breeding?
Eggs and hatchlings are considered part of a family unit with their parents, but said parents have duties, so they end up spending a good chunk of time under the care of Vesta, the temple keeper, in what is essentially the clan's communal daycare.

5 Is there ranks?
Only among the dragons who are formally part of the Order of Dawn's Talon.

6 Food distribution?(do the elderly eat first? alphas/royalty?)
Dragons eat without any sort of formal food distribution, pecking order, or designated meal time for the most part. There are formal occasions where the whole clan eats together, but even then, the only thing anyone waits for before eating is for everyone to have actually arrived and settled in. Then it's basically Thanksgiving dinner - grab a plate and help yourself to whatever's on the table.
In the case of an actual food shortage, hatchlings would be prioritized above adults, but otherwise everyone would be subject to the same rationing. Otherwise, being a clan built around an order of paladins, things could easily get stuck in endless loops of more-selfless-than-thou "no, it's okay, you eat, I can go hungry tonight."

7 Hibernation?
Not a thing.

8 How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work?
Retcons, yo. We don't know what you're talking about, he's always been a Pearlcatcher. Sometimes this means I have children who are of different breeds or genes than either of their parents. I simply choose not to address this.

9 Selling/buying dragons?
Dragons join the clan and dragons leave the clan. There's no transaction of money involved. My in-game funds do not necessarily represent the contents of the clan's treasury.

10 Exalting?
Pretty much exactly like site lore. It's an honor to be sent off to fight for the Lightweaver (or serve her some other way, but in this clan it's usually fighting; as an order of paladins, training devoted warriors is kind of their Thing).
1 How do weddings work in your clan?
They don't. There is no formal ceremony for becoming mates. That's not to say there are no long-term commitments! It's just that they're all basically just common-law marriages.

2 How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
Most dragons in the clan don't regularly go to the trading post. Many of the clan's needs can be met internally (e.g. we have a silk farmer who provides the tailor with silk, and we have a hunter and a gardener who provide food). Of course there are needs that can't be met internally, but generally only a handful of dragons go off to trade externally on a regular basis.

3 Is there a market area?
Not exactly. There are a couple one-off "food cart" type shops, but the clan doesn't have its own full-blown market. As stated above, a handful of dragons handle external trading elsewhere and bring goods and gold back to the clan. Recurring deals (like aforementioned silk farmer-to-tailor transaction) generally just get scheduled between the participants. For one-off trades, the closest Clan Araven has to a marketplace is probably just the temple common room; if you hang around long enough you'll eventually catch the dragon you're looking for passing through.

4 Breeding?
Eggs and hatchlings are considered part of a family unit with their parents, but said parents have duties, so they end up spending a good chunk of time under the care of Vesta, the temple keeper, in what is essentially the clan's communal daycare.

5 Is there ranks?
Only among the dragons who are formally part of the Order of Dawn's Talon.

6 Food distribution?(do the elderly eat first? alphas/royalty?)
Dragons eat without any sort of formal food distribution, pecking order, or designated meal time for the most part. There are formal occasions where the whole clan eats together, but even then, the only thing anyone waits for before eating is for everyone to have actually arrived and settled in. Then it's basically Thanksgiving dinner - grab a plate and help yourself to whatever's on the table.
In the case of an actual food shortage, hatchlings would be prioritized above adults, but otherwise everyone would be subject to the same rationing. Otherwise, being a clan built around an order of paladins, things could easily get stuck in endless loops of more-selfless-than-thou "no, it's okay, you eat, I can go hungry tonight."

7 Hibernation?
Not a thing.

8 How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work?
Retcons, yo. We don't know what you're talking about, he's always been a Pearlcatcher. Sometimes this means I have children who are of different breeds or genes than either of their parents. I simply choose not to address this.

9 Selling/buying dragons?
Dragons join the clan and dragons leave the clan. There's no transaction of money involved. My in-game funds do not necessarily represent the contents of the clan's treasury.

10 Exalting?
Pretty much exactly like site lore. It's an honor to be sent off to fight for the Lightweaver (or serve her some other way, but in this clan it's usually fighting; as an order of paladins, training devoted warriors is kind of their Thing).
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
1. How do weddings work in your clan?
I actually never thought about weddings, I don't think we have any sort of ceremony for marriage. When someone moves in with someone and they're romantic partners, they're instantly considered a legal couple (or group when it comes to more people). We don't do weddings. As I said in the past, a family can be lots of things: a) two or more romantic partners b) relatives who live together c) friends who live together d) an individual/individuals and their pet(s) e) homeowners and their servants f) a mix of either
The whole clan is considered a big family.

2. How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
Trading Post? As in the game element? aaaaaaaaaaaa
I don't consider the Trading Post as an actual crossroads where all of Dragonkind across the globe meets up. Imagine having one single plac for the entirety of mankind, that wouldn't work. One (1) single Poundland shop with 9 workers who all have to attend 59,000,000 dragons? *sweats nervously* a nightmare...
Wherever those individual Trading Post dragons are irl is fine with me, it's just that they probably aren't close to our clan. We trade with caravans, other desert villages and towns, we're still pretty secluded from the rest of the world since we're just on the edge of the Shifting Expanse in a vast sandy desert. Don't mind the fact that the time my current lore is taking place in is 5000 years before the modern age of Dragonkind.

3. Is there a market area?
Yes, there is! There is a central market that's situated in between some houses and taverns, and mainly consists of outside stalls, carts or people just sitting on carpets with their goods around them, but there are also some other areas where people sell things from their houses and storage areas. A very specific area is a set of houses next to one of the river's shallow distributaries that go through the clan where people just have all sorts of unique things next to their entrances available for sale. The clan in general is a very rustic and welcoming place.

4. Breeding?
hmmmghhghf...human breeding is certainly a topic. Same goes for dragons. I don't consider that an appropriate topic in general so it's just people's business what they do. No one in the clan is a biological parent, but we do have some adopted families.

5. Is there ranks?
Yes! Only when it comes to gods/royals but we don't do classic segregations. Utet-Heh, Am-Heh, Aseb, Shehbui and Kneph are very powerful, immortal gods, there are also some royals but in no way do we treat other people as lesser clan members. Everyone is equal in terms of rights, it's just that some of us are riftwalking eldritch horrors from different realities who make zoomer memes.

[deep inhale] ...I can't explain this to you.

6. Food distribution?(do the elderly eat first? alphas/royalty?)
AHHH YES FINALLY, that's a question for me.

Since the clan's situated in a very fertile delta, the soil is perfect for growing all sorts of crops, vegetables and fruit, but with hardworking and passionate farmers, the results are fruitful. Natural but effective irrigation is widespread knowledge, literally every household has either a small garden or an orchard, farming is a huge thing in the clan.
But that ain't all! Within such a lush desert paradise, better believe animals are plentiful. There are clan's fishers, goatherders, sheepherders and cattleherders who make sure all of the animals have a lovely life without stress. Meat is very rarely consumed but there are some meat delicacies such as male ducks, oysters and shrimp. Chickens (and rock doves) are off limits because they are considered sacred. Cheese, honey, beer and wine are loved by outsiders, especially honey, it's called liquid gold for a reason, but it is readily available to every clan member.
We don't share one singular food storage, each household has its own storage and they can eat whenever and wherever they wish, there are no rules to that.

7. Hibernation?
No hibernation haha. If you're talking about the game mechanic, then no, that's just additional dragon space for my virtual clan, it's got nothing to do with the real life thing.

8. How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work?
HISSSSS N O

9. Selling/buying dragons?
That is an extremely iffy subject especially when you know that Dragonkind is extremely similar to humans culture-wise and I'm sure human trafficking is frowned upon :^) does not exist here

10. Exalting?
We have some troops that visit the clan but there's no such thing as exalting in my lore.
I actually never thought about weddings, I don't think we have any sort of ceremony for marriage. When someone moves in with someone and they're romantic partners, they're instantly considered a legal couple (or group when it comes to more people). We don't do weddings. As I said in the past, a family can be lots of things: a) two or more romantic partners b) relatives who live together c) friends who live together d) an individual/individuals and their pet(s) e) homeowners and their servants f) a mix of either
The whole clan is considered a big family.

2. How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
Trading Post? As in the game element? aaaaaaaaaaaa
I don't consider the Trading Post as an actual crossroads where all of Dragonkind across the globe meets up. Imagine having one single plac for the entirety of mankind, that wouldn't work. One (1) single Poundland shop with 9 workers who all have to attend 59,000,000 dragons? *sweats nervously* a nightmare...
Wherever those individual Trading Post dragons are irl is fine with me, it's just that they probably aren't close to our clan. We trade with caravans, other desert villages and towns, we're still pretty secluded from the rest of the world since we're just on the edge of the Shifting Expanse in a vast sandy desert. Don't mind the fact that the time my current lore is taking place in is 5000 years before the modern age of Dragonkind.

Yes, there is! There is a central market that's situated in between some houses and taverns, and mainly consists of outside stalls, carts or people just sitting on carpets with their goods around them, but there are also some other areas where people sell things from their houses and storage areas. A very specific area is a set of houses next to one of the river's shallow distributaries that go through the clan where people just have all sorts of unique things next to their entrances available for sale. The clan in general is a very rustic and welcoming place.

4. Breeding?
hmmmghhghf...human breeding is certainly a topic. Same goes for dragons. I don't consider that an appropriate topic in general so it's just people's business what they do. No one in the clan is a biological parent, but we do have some adopted families.

5. Is there ranks?
Yes! Only when it comes to gods/royals but we don't do classic segregations. Utet-Heh, Am-Heh, Aseb, Shehbui and Kneph are very powerful, immortal gods, there are also some royals but in no way do we treat other people as lesser clan members. Everyone is equal in terms of rights, it's just that some of us are riftwalking eldritch horrors from different realities who make zoomer memes.

[deep inhale] ...I can't explain this to you.

AHHH YES FINALLY, that's a question for me.

Since the clan's situated in a very fertile delta, the soil is perfect for growing all sorts of crops, vegetables and fruit, but with hardworking and passionate farmers, the results are fruitful. Natural but effective irrigation is widespread knowledge, literally every household has either a small garden or an orchard, farming is a huge thing in the clan.
But that ain't all! Within such a lush desert paradise, better believe animals are plentiful. There are clan's fishers, goatherders, sheepherders and cattleherders who make sure all of the animals have a lovely life without stress. Meat is very rarely consumed but there are some meat delicacies such as male ducks, oysters and shrimp. Chickens (and rock doves) are off limits because they are considered sacred. Cheese, honey, beer and wine are loved by outsiders, especially honey, it's called liquid gold for a reason, but it is readily available to every clan member.
We don't share one singular food storage, each household has its own storage and they can eat whenever and wherever they wish, there are no rules to that.

7. Hibernation?
No hibernation haha. If you're talking about the game mechanic, then no, that's just additional dragon space for my virtual clan, it's got nothing to do with the real life thing.

HISSSSS N O

That is an extremely iffy subject especially when you know that Dragonkind is extremely similar to humans culture-wise and I'm sure human trafficking is frowned upon :^) does not exist here

10. Exalting?
We have some troops that visit the clan but there's no such thing as exalting in my lore.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
They mostly don't exist. It's pretty much up to the dragons though. They can celebrate if they want, but most dragons don't.

It doesn't exist.

The city is centered around the market area, so definitely.

4. Breeding?
I've never really thought about it.

5. Is there ranks?
Kinda? It's like a monarchy, with a queen and second in command and then whatever else the queen comes up with like guards or whatever.

Anyone can eat whenever they want if they buy or find food.

7. Hibernation?
doesn't exist

There are dragons that know how to change genes and stuff. Kinda like what NerdyDisco said. If a dragon's desperate they can buy or steal a scroll and try to figure it out for themselves too.

Definitely something awful.

10. Exalting?
Dragons leave the city but no one really cares where they're going unless they're coming back. Sometimes they leave to join their deity or join another clan or whatever. Also, sometimes I'll exalt a dragon if they die.
They mostly don't exist. It's pretty much up to the dragons though. They can celebrate if they want, but most dragons don't.

It doesn't exist.

The city is centered around the market area, so definitely.

4. Breeding?
I've never really thought about it.

5. Is there ranks?
Kinda? It's like a monarchy, with a queen and second in command and then whatever else the queen comes up with like guards or whatever.

Anyone can eat whenever they want if they buy or find food.

7. Hibernation?
doesn't exist

There are dragons that know how to change genes and stuff. Kinda like what NerdyDisco said. If a dragon's desperate they can buy or steal a scroll and try to figure it out for themselves too.

Definitely something awful.

10. Exalting?
Dragons leave the city but no one really cares where they're going unless they're coming back. Sometimes they leave to join their deity or join another clan or whatever. Also, sometimes I'll exalt a dragon if they die.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png

Hmm. While the traditional wedding doesn't exist, dragons may have a party if they wish to celebrate the new pair (:

Dragons can go as they please. Those who work with the arts/magic/supernatural especially love going. (I like to think of it as a giant market area, where not just the NPCs sell stuff/etc.)

Is there a market area?

Sure! I don't have it written in lore, but it sells a small variety of things. I don't have a huge clan >>

Breeding?

As a gameplay mechanic, I don't do it often. From a lore standpoint, if a pair wants to have a nest, they may have a nest.

Is there ranks?

Currently, all I have is the Royal Family and the Council. I plan on making a few more at some point :T

Nah. I like to think each dragon either grows their own stuff, or shops for food others grow near by. Meat/seafood/insects are caught/hunted, like above, either by the dragon/family themselves or bought.

Hibernation?

Technically it's not a thing. Dragons in my HD are a separate clan/outsiders/loners/etc.

If a dragon can make/buy a scroll, they can change. Basically, got a scroll? Go for it. All my dragons just know how to do it (for ease of lore xD)

Selling/buying dragons?

There is no such thing! Dragons that are for sale in my lair aren't actual lore dragons, and the clan/others don't know they exist.

Exalting?

Mm.. I've never gave ti thought. I just think that if a dragon is suddenly gone, the clan just thinks they left. Nothing too special :T

Hmm. While the traditional wedding doesn't exist, dragons may have a party if they wish to celebrate the new pair (:

Dragons can go as they please. Those who work with the arts/magic/supernatural especially love going. (I like to think of it as a giant market area, where not just the NPCs sell stuff/etc.)

Is there a market area?

Sure! I don't have it written in lore, but it sells a small variety of things. I don't have a huge clan >>

Breeding?

As a gameplay mechanic, I don't do it often. From a lore standpoint, if a pair wants to have a nest, they may have a nest.

Is there ranks?

Currently, all I have is the Royal Family and the Council. I plan on making a few more at some point :T

Nah. I like to think each dragon either grows their own stuff, or shops for food others grow near by. Meat/seafood/insects are caught/hunted, like above, either by the dragon/family themselves or bought.

Hibernation?

Technically it's not a thing. Dragons in my HD are a separate clan/outsiders/loners/etc.

If a dragon can make/buy a scroll, they can change. Basically, got a scroll? Go for it. All my dragons just know how to do it (for ease of lore xD)

Selling/buying dragons?

There is no such thing! Dragons that are for sale in my lair aren't actual lore dragons, and the clan/others don't know they exist.

Exalting?

Mm.. I've never gave ti thought. I just think that if a dragon is suddenly gone, the clan just thinks they left. Nothing too special :T
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
1.) How do weddings work in your clan?
*There really aren't any marriages in my clan. There are mostly casual relationships, and some long-term pairs who stick together. I suppose if there were, there would be quite the celebration and maybe some official documents set forth by the clan council.

2.) How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
*I always imagine it to be a bigger caravan/bazaar of dragons that clans can travel to, then sell and trade their wares.

3.) Is there a market area?
*Yep! My clan has a monthly market to trade with other clans in the area and amongst themselves. As for the marketplace/auction house, see above.

4.) Breeding?
*Dragons each have their own private living quarters, but I guess as long as you're private, it's free game. The nesting grounds is an actual area that is live-in so pairs can live there too if they want babies.

5.) Is there ranks?
*I mean, not like a military but some dragons certainly have more sway or standing than others. It's self-made through hard work and dedication.

6.) Food distribution?(do the elderly eat first? alphas/royalty?)
*Each capable dragon mostly feeds themselves and contributing to the clan larder is optional. However, if you don't contribute to the larder, then you don't get to partake in the big weekly meal/meeting that the chef and clan council put on. Everyone gets as much as they put in and members who cannot forage for themselves must rely on the kindness of others. There is a community garden run by one of the members for everyone to enjoy, so long as they leave something for everyone else.

7.) Hibernation?
*Dragons can hibernate like bears. They decide to hibernate, taking up a safe place in the crypt below the keep, and rely on their clan to watch over them.

8.) How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work?
*A dragon reads the incantation on the scroll/drinks a potion/etc. and then a magical transformation quickly occurs.

9.) Selling/buying dragons?
*Eh. I ignore this one.

10.) Exalting?
*Exaltees are religious and devoted pilgrims who travel from far and wide to dedicate themselves to a deity of their choice. They sometimes pass through the clan's territory.
1.) How do weddings work in your clan?
*There really aren't any marriages in my clan. There are mostly casual relationships, and some long-term pairs who stick together. I suppose if there were, there would be quite the celebration and maybe some official documents set forth by the clan council.

2.) How does the trading post work? (do dragons go whenever? do specific dragons go?)
*I always imagine it to be a bigger caravan/bazaar of dragons that clans can travel to, then sell and trade their wares.

3.) Is there a market area?
*Yep! My clan has a monthly market to trade with other clans in the area and amongst themselves. As for the marketplace/auction house, see above.

4.) Breeding?
*Dragons each have their own private living quarters, but I guess as long as you're private, it's free game. The nesting grounds is an actual area that is live-in so pairs can live there too if they want babies.

5.) Is there ranks?
*I mean, not like a military but some dragons certainly have more sway or standing than others. It's self-made through hard work and dedication.

6.) Food distribution?(do the elderly eat first? alphas/royalty?)
*Each capable dragon mostly feeds themselves and contributing to the clan larder is optional. However, if you don't contribute to the larder, then you don't get to partake in the big weekly meal/meeting that the chef and clan council put on. Everyone gets as much as they put in and members who cannot forage for themselves must rely on the kindness of others. There is a community garden run by one of the members for everyone to enjoy, so long as they leave something for everyone else.

7.) Hibernation?
*Dragons can hibernate like bears. They decide to hibernate, taking up a safe place in the crypt below the keep, and rely on their clan to watch over them.

8.) How does gene/breed/eye change scroll work?
*A dragon reads the incantation on the scroll/drinks a potion/etc. and then a magical transformation quickly occurs.

9.) Selling/buying dragons?
*Eh. I ignore this one.

10.) Exalting?
*Exaltees are religious and devoted pilgrims who travel from far and wide to dedicate themselves to a deity of their choice. They sometimes pass through the clan's territory.
1. Some dragons may choose to have a ceremony and be officially ‘mated’ in the Wind sub section. Kites, dancing, very laid back. The water clan has more lavish actual weddings in the sunken city.

2. Any dragon can go to the trading post(s) or marketplaces for personal trade, but the clan has a few designated dragons that organize broader trade for the clan as a whole. The sunken city part doesn’t typically do personal trade outside of the clan, they kinda like to keep to themselves and a little snooty in the sense that the outside world is inferior.

3. Yes they have their own market, the grotto tends to trade with beast clans and
Literally anyone and the city has a market for its own inhabitants. The sanctuary doesn’t tho they just trade with the grotto or traveling wind dragons since they’re on neutral territory, like literally anyone can come in and hang out

4. Breeding is pretty casual among some. It’s pretty rare for them to even raise their own young, and in the sanctuary for example raising hatchlings is like a community effort. but some take it a bit more seriously and will only breed with those they actually wish to have a family with.

5. For sure, but like some dragons are just residents and can do whatever they want as long as they can cough up the money to stay there. Except the sanctuary, since that’s a refuge. You don’t gotta pay to be there but if you want your share of their nicer stuff then you’ll need to pitch in somehow and become a permanent member of sorts. The city however is more rigid in whose allowed to live there, you have to be fairly affluent with the water flight and trustworthy.

6. For the refuge/sanctuary, yeah some dragons take priority. The young and elderly come first. and if you aren’t able to pitch in, they are flexible when it comes to sharing food. The refuge partly exists to help dragons in need so there’s always some food to go around. But in the grotto it depends on either you being able to afford it, or your importance in the clan. In the city its a monarchy sooo

7. Non canon for now at least

8. Kinda loose rules, sometimes I’ll say dragons use scrolls, other times I’ll just say how they’re gened now is how they’ve always been. Sometimes dragons use magic or drink potions. Or if it’s like gembond then For example I might say they contracted it (since it’s in FR lore that one of the snakes, can’t remember which, can infect dragons)

9. I kinda like to think that they aren’t really bought, their ‘price’ is their travel fees and also the clan’s way of sort of bribing the dragon to come to the clan. Or other times I’ll ignore it and say the dragon found the clan on their own or w/e or has always been there yaknow

10. Canon because the clan is very dedicated to the water flight’s war efforts and exalting is considered very honorable but also intimidating because in my clan it means they’re going off to war or to help in some way
1. Some dragons may choose to have a ceremony and be officially ‘mated’ in the Wind sub section. Kites, dancing, very laid back. The water clan has more lavish actual weddings in the sunken city.

2. Any dragon can go to the trading post(s) or marketplaces for personal trade, but the clan has a few designated dragons that organize broader trade for the clan as a whole. The sunken city part doesn’t typically do personal trade outside of the clan, they kinda like to keep to themselves and a little snooty in the sense that the outside world is inferior.

3. Yes they have their own market, the grotto tends to trade with beast clans and
Literally anyone and the city has a market for its own inhabitants. The sanctuary doesn’t tho they just trade with the grotto or traveling wind dragons since they’re on neutral territory, like literally anyone can come in and hang out

4. Breeding is pretty casual among some. It’s pretty rare for them to even raise their own young, and in the sanctuary for example raising hatchlings is like a community effort. but some take it a bit more seriously and will only breed with those they actually wish to have a family with.

5. For sure, but like some dragons are just residents and can do whatever they want as long as they can cough up the money to stay there. Except the sanctuary, since that’s a refuge. You don’t gotta pay to be there but if you want your share of their nicer stuff then you’ll need to pitch in somehow and become a permanent member of sorts. The city however is more rigid in whose allowed to live there, you have to be fairly affluent with the water flight and trustworthy.

6. For the refuge/sanctuary, yeah some dragons take priority. The young and elderly come first. and if you aren’t able to pitch in, they are flexible when it comes to sharing food. The refuge partly exists to help dragons in need so there’s always some food to go around. But in the grotto it depends on either you being able to afford it, or your importance in the clan. In the city its a monarchy sooo

7. Non canon for now at least

8. Kinda loose rules, sometimes I’ll say dragons use scrolls, other times I’ll just say how they’re gened now is how they’ve always been. Sometimes dragons use magic or drink potions. Or if it’s like gembond then For example I might say they contracted it (since it’s in FR lore that one of the snakes, can’t remember which, can infect dragons)

9. I kinda like to think that they aren’t really bought, their ‘price’ is their travel fees and also the clan’s way of sort of bribing the dragon to come to the clan. Or other times I’ll ignore it and say the dragon found the clan on their own or w/e or has always been there yaknow

10. Canon because the clan is very dedicated to the water flight’s war efforts and exalting is considered very honorable but also intimidating because in my clan it means they’re going off to war or to help in some way
ZVpCPil.png
@waterbend
I'd like to add myself to the pinglist, but it's view-only?
@waterbend
I'd like to add myself to the pinglist, but it's view-only?
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7