Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The General Economy of Flight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="SCB" date="2019-12-28 10:20:59" ] I love how 'new' players are telling people who have been around for years that they are wrong about how things used to be. But to just add my voice: ancients really haven't changed anything. The den changed dragon prices some. Overall.. hardly noticeable differences. [/quote] Pretty much this, especially the first part. Why do people who haven't been here that long want changes to the economy? Or think it was drastically different? I joined in early 2017, so I remember the time OP joined; it was literally no different than it is now. I'm not trying to sound like an *ss or anything but I just wonder about these threads... They pop up all the time and have consistantly for the past... sheesh as long as I can remember, and address an issue that doesn't exist. Seriously FRs economy is the most stable I think I've ever seen for a pet sim. It fluctuates sure, but that's normal with dom, consistent updates, etc. Etc.
SCB wrote on 2019-12-28 10:20:59:
I love how 'new' players are telling people who have been around for years that they are wrong about how things used to be.

But to just add my voice: ancients really haven't changed anything. The den changed dragon prices some. Overall.. hardly noticeable differences.
Pretty much this, especially the first part. Why do people who haven't been here that long want changes to the economy? Or think it was drastically different? I joined in early 2017, so I remember the time OP joined; it was literally no different than it is now.

I'm not trying to sound like an *ss or anything but I just wonder about these threads...
They pop up all the time and have consistantly for the past... sheesh as long as I can remember, and address an issue that doesn't exist. Seriously FRs economy is the most stable I think I've ever seen for a pet sim. It fluctuates sure, but that's normal with dom, consistent updates, etc. Etc.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
People have been complaining about 'the economy' and 'dragon prices falling1!!!1!' ever since 2013, at this rate it's some kind of a tradition
People have been complaining about 'the economy' and 'dragon prices falling1!!!1!' ever since 2013, at this rate it's some kind of a tradition
tastefulmarketing.gif
I joined in 2014 and I don't remember much, but I do remember that in 2016 you could pick up a Coatl or Wildclaw for pretty damn cheap.
I joined in 2014 and I don't remember much, but I do remember that in 2016 you could pick up a Coatl or Wildclaw for pretty damn cheap.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
You know what I remembered as being expensive? Bogsneaks. Because when I went on hiatus they were the shiny new thing that went for 100kt a pop. Now its the same with the Ancients. Coatls and Wildclaws were fodder priced back when I joined in 2016. Bogsneaks are fodder priced now because people have been breeding them. Gaolers are fodder priced, and soon Banescales will be too once people start breeding them. I've bought tundras higher priced than coatls.
You know what I remembered as being expensive? Bogsneaks. Because when I went on hiatus they were the shiny new thing that went for 100kt a pop. Now its the same with the Ancients. Coatls and Wildclaws were fodder priced back when I joined in 2016. Bogsneaks are fodder priced now because people have been breeding them. Gaolers are fodder priced, and soon Banescales will be too once people start breeding them. I've bought tundras higher priced than coatls.
1WhYQHt.png
I just looked it up, Late November and beginning of December of 2018 Earth had quad dom, which is the period OP joined during. Dragon prices were likely out of whack.
I just looked it up, Late November and beginning of December of 2018 Earth had quad dom, which is the period OP joined during. Dragon prices were likely out of whack.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Seems more like a case of typical supply verses demand rather then an apocalypse. Supply verses demand exists even a healthy economy.

Also I was randomly given a coatl once back in May of 2017, just cause no one wanted to purchase for a non fodder price it, and likely the breeder didn't want to put it for fodder price, or exalt it, so I don't really see how they where so special later in 2018.

Edit:
The more I keep thinking how I can rationalize what the OP is saying the more I just don't understand how the pricing of coatls effects the economy of FR as a whole. People get less interested in coatls as newer things come out, it's natural due to how many there are and how long they have been out. To relate this to in a real life economy it would be like video games for example. New games are often going to be in bigger demand then the 5 year old game around the same quality. This usually means the game will have to become cheaper to compete, not even factoring supply versus demand. Just because one game is out of style doesn't mean the entire world economy is on the verge of shambles. It is so insignificant to something so large.

So is there proof that FR economy is stable? Well if anything fodder pricing of dragons have far more effect then just the prices of one breed of dragon.

Then I remembered the Dragonomics Spreadsheet exists.

It shows for the most part that the fodder economy is fairly stable, at least since the spreadsheet started. The only obvious and, so far, permanent economical shift I can see is the increase of average hatchling fodder since around early 2019. I personally feel this was due to the release of the hibernational den, when it was much made easier for exalting lairs to shove hatchlings into their den, wait for them to age up, exalt them as adults. I believe this as I did the same around the time the den was released. The economy has stabled out since then, it's just that hatchlings have become more expensive, which if anything is the opposite of what OP is talking about as they are saying prices of coatls are declining.

Perhaps the OP saw that there are a lot more cheap nice looking coatls around then they remember before their break? That's very understandable, but when they decide it means the entire FR economy is on verge of a collapse, then hopefully this put your mind at ease a little OP. I hope you enjoy your time back in FR. ^^
Seems more like a case of typical supply verses demand rather then an apocalypse. Supply verses demand exists even a healthy economy.

Also I was randomly given a coatl once back in May of 2017, just cause no one wanted to purchase for a non fodder price it, and likely the breeder didn't want to put it for fodder price, or exalt it, so I don't really see how they where so special later in 2018.

Edit:
The more I keep thinking how I can rationalize what the OP is saying the more I just don't understand how the pricing of coatls effects the economy of FR as a whole. People get less interested in coatls as newer things come out, it's natural due to how many there are and how long they have been out. To relate this to in a real life economy it would be like video games for example. New games are often going to be in bigger demand then the 5 year old game around the same quality. This usually means the game will have to become cheaper to compete, not even factoring supply versus demand. Just because one game is out of style doesn't mean the entire world economy is on the verge of shambles. It is so insignificant to something so large.

So is there proof that FR economy is stable? Well if anything fodder pricing of dragons have far more effect then just the prices of one breed of dragon.

Then I remembered the Dragonomics Spreadsheet exists.

It shows for the most part that the fodder economy is fairly stable, at least since the spreadsheet started. The only obvious and, so far, permanent economical shift I can see is the increase of average hatchling fodder since around early 2019. I personally feel this was due to the release of the hibernational den, when it was much made easier for exalting lairs to shove hatchlings into their den, wait for them to age up, exalt them as adults. I believe this as I did the same around the time the den was released. The economy has stabled out since then, it's just that hatchlings have become more expensive, which if anything is the opposite of what OP is talking about as they are saying prices of coatls are declining.

Perhaps the OP saw that there are a lot more cheap nice looking coatls around then they remember before their break? That's very understandable, but when they decide it means the entire FR economy is on verge of a collapse, then hopefully this put your mind at ease a little OP. I hope you enjoy your time back in FR. ^^
rx9OvHg.gif
I’ve been playing since 2014 and tbh dragon prices haven’t changed much? Literally things that are new obviously become expensive (ex. Banes now, and nocturnes before, etc). Coatls and wildclaws have been hitting fodder price ever since i joined, but perhaps there’s more of them now because of the amount of time, players and dragons in existence. There’s nothing wrong with these dragons to be less expensive tbh. It doesn’t hurt the colony in the way you say it. Economy in fr is like irl economy, supply and demand. Atm there’s too much supply of dragons compared to the demand for them. Currently the demand is just for the shiny new things, aka. Banes. Even gaolers aren’t that expensive now, they even can be seen in the fodder floor, since they’re no longer the shiny new thing. Same thing happened to new breeds in previous years. This change is natural and it isn’t bad ^v^
I’ve been playing since 2014 and tbh dragon prices haven’t changed much? Literally things that are new obviously become expensive (ex. Banes now, and nocturnes before, etc). Coatls and wildclaws have been hitting fodder price ever since i joined, but perhaps there’s more of them now because of the amount of time, players and dragons in existence. There’s nothing wrong with these dragons to be less expensive tbh. It doesn’t hurt the colony in the way you say it. Economy in fr is like irl economy, supply and demand. Atm there’s too much supply of dragons compared to the demand for them. Currently the demand is just for the shiny new things, aka. Banes. Even gaolers aren’t that expensive now, they even can be seen in the fodder floor, since they’re no longer the shiny new thing. Same thing happened to new breeds in previous years. This change is natural and it isn’t bad ^v^
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
if you read this, stop replying to this thread
bruh moment
@poopigamg

I feel you may be a bit confused. You joined last year. I joined in 2014. The only dragons that were truly expensive 'back in the day' were the Nocs after the first NOTN and even they calmed down after three or four months.
@poopigamg

I feel you may be a bit confused. You joined last year. I joined in 2014. The only dragons that were truly expensive 'back in the day' were the Nocs after the first NOTN and even they calmed down after three or four months.
[quote name="Andreozzii" date="2019-12-30 20:45:42" ] if you read this, stop replying to this thread [/quote] Agree, too many backlash
Andreozzii wrote on 2019-12-30 20:45:42:
Agree, too many backlash
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8