Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The General Economy of Flight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm reiterating what others have said, but bear with me-- I have watched the dragon market before and after the ancient release and have noticed very few changes to the general worth of "rare" or "popular" breeds within this period outside of conquests, profit pushes and minor fluctuations; Coatl/Imperials/Wildclaws have been cheap more or less since the beginning (apparently, even during 2013 after the initial Imp hype died down). Dragon prices have been at a steady decline since the beginning, and seeing as no dragon breeds -if I recall correctly - were never intended to be expensive in the long term to begin with.

I was around and still watching it back in 2018 and had noticed no major decline since.

Dragons tend to sell for more if they are:
1. A new breed (older breed become oversaturated over time and Gaolers have recently reached that point wherein they are commonly found on the fodder floor, whereas Banes are essentially brand new, but have still dropped significantly in price since the first few hours, even as so many were hatched so soon).
2. New genes
3. Art, lore, and miscellaneous creative works
4. Oldies
5. Unusual colours (popular combinations tend to hit the floor fast - Royal/Royal/Cornflower used to be huge at one point and is now effectively worthless
6. G1, and with nice colours (a G1 Imperial or Coatl - the former especially - cost a pretty penny regardless of colours due to the expense/rarity of their respective scrolls)
7."Famous" or descended from a well-known dragon (ie. Naomi).
8. Available during a major conquest/dom battle (fodder floor skyrockets)
Generally speaking, dragons that don't fit into the criteria are worth very little, though there are the odd exceptions.

At the end of the day, it's supply vs. demand - Coatls are an extremely popular breed that has been bred into bountifulness, and thus, as so many exist and are sold, their value inevitably went down, as with all breeds.

I'm reiterating what others have said, but bear with me-- I have watched the dragon market before and after the ancient release and have noticed very few changes to the general worth of "rare" or "popular" breeds within this period outside of conquests, profit pushes and minor fluctuations; Coatl/Imperials/Wildclaws have been cheap more or less since the beginning (apparently, even during 2013 after the initial Imp hype died down). Dragon prices have been at a steady decline since the beginning, and seeing as no dragon breeds -if I recall correctly - were never intended to be expensive in the long term to begin with.

I was around and still watching it back in 2018 and had noticed no major decline since.

Dragons tend to sell for more if they are:
1. A new breed (older breed become oversaturated over time and Gaolers have recently reached that point wherein they are commonly found on the fodder floor, whereas Banes are essentially brand new, but have still dropped significantly in price since the first few hours, even as so many were hatched so soon).
2. New genes
3. Art, lore, and miscellaneous creative works
4. Oldies
5. Unusual colours (popular combinations tend to hit the floor fast - Royal/Royal/Cornflower used to be huge at one point and is now effectively worthless
6. G1, and with nice colours (a G1 Imperial or Coatl - the former especially - cost a pretty penny regardless of colours due to the expense/rarity of their respective scrolls)
7."Famous" or descended from a well-known dragon (ie. Naomi).
8. Available during a major conquest/dom battle (fodder floor skyrockets)
Generally speaking, dragons that don't fit into the criteria are worth very little, though there are the odd exceptions.

At the end of the day, it's supply vs. demand - Coatls are an extremely popular breed that has been bred into bountifulness, and thus, as so many exist and are sold, their value inevitably went down, as with all breeds.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
last post here but the rarity of the breeds don’t actually directly mean anything compared to prices.. ok bye
last post here but the rarity of the breeds don’t actually directly mean anything compared to prices.. ok bye
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
[quote name="iiSwizzle" date="2019-12-28 13:13:41" ] the rarity of the breeds don’t actually directly mean anything compared to prices.. ok bye [/quote]
iiSwizzle wrote on 2019-12-28 13:13:41:
the rarity of the breeds don’t actually directly mean anything compared to prices.. ok bye
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
Another old player here.

While I did - and do - get fewer coatls and wildclaws as fodder than, say, faes and guardians, the reason for that is that there are fewer 'claws and sneks overall, so fewer are bred. But yes, they've been fodder-priced since at least 2015 (when I started exalting), even though pretty rare-breed ones have always been more expensive than common breeds, simply because converting one into another would cost a lot. Even now if you pick, say, XXY with newer genes (say SlimeSludge), then the cheapest fae or guardian would cost 10-15g while a coatl or wildclaw would be 25-30.
Another old player here.

While I did - and do - get fewer coatls and wildclaws as fodder than, say, faes and guardians, the reason for that is that there are fewer 'claws and sneks overall, so fewer are bred. But yes, they've been fodder-priced since at least 2015 (when I started exalting), even though pretty rare-breed ones have always been more expensive than common breeds, simply because converting one into another would cost a lot. Even now if you pick, say, XXY with newer genes (say SlimeSludge), then the cheapest fae or guardian would cost 10-15g while a coatl or wildclaw would be 25-30.
I find coatl hatchlings on the fodder floor rarer than faes or mirrors, but I figure its also a lot easier to keep plentiful breeds as fodder pairs because of their low cooldowns.
I find coatl hatchlings on the fodder floor rarer than faes or mirrors, but I figure its also a lot easier to keep plentiful breeds as fodder pairs because of their low cooldowns.
JC6s7hz.png
I've been grabbing wildclaw and coatl fodder for YEARS, ancient breeds didn't cause this, wildclaws and coatls existing for a long time and thus becoming more common and bred more frequently did. the reason ancient are so expensive is because they're new and can only breed with their own breed, significantky reduckng the pool of potential pairs to produce them. you can breed a coatl with a wildclaw- you can only breed a banescale with another banescale, as ancients become more common their prices will fall and they'll become fodder like every other breed.
I've been grabbing wildclaw and coatl fodder for YEARS, ancient breeds didn't cause this, wildclaws and coatls existing for a long time and thus becoming more common and bred more frequently did. the reason ancient are so expensive is because they're new and can only breed with their own breed, significantky reduckng the pool of potential pairs to produce them. you can breed a coatl with a wildclaw- you can only breed a banescale with another banescale, as ancients become more common their prices will fall and they'll become fodder like every other breed.
X4sD3Je.png
m3TbcZw.png
UawspVz.png
a69iToJ.png
iQdxS54.gifhe/himETU8zpR.gif
actually a murder of crows in a trenchcoat
'Rarer' breed are often more popular. Therefore, more people breed them. Therefore, their price drops often just as quickly as lower rarity breeds.

Day 2 player here, coatls and WCs did not drop in price during the last year or so. They're right where they've been for the past 5 or so years. Previously choosing more expensive WCs and Coatls to buy does not mean mean cheaper ones did not exist, or that more expensive Skydancers and Imperials did not exist.

There's more WCs on the site than Snappers. Rarity, aka breeding cooldown, means nothing compared to popularity on a long-standing highly active site with no premium restrictions.
'Rarer' breed are often more popular. Therefore, more people breed them. Therefore, their price drops often just as quickly as lower rarity breeds.

Day 2 player here, coatls and WCs did not drop in price during the last year or so. They're right where they've been for the past 5 or so years. Previously choosing more expensive WCs and Coatls to buy does not mean mean cheaper ones did not exist, or that more expensive Skydancers and Imperials did not exist.

There's more WCs on the site than Snappers. Rarity, aka breeding cooldown, means nothing compared to popularity on a long-standing highly active site with no premium restrictions.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="poopigamg" date="2019-12-28 09:57:01" ] Back in my day [/quote] Unless you were here since 2014, I find this impossible to believe
poopigamg wrote on 2019-12-28 09:57:01:
Back in my day
Unless you were here since 2014, I find this impossible to believe
mkpoaHZ.png
@Stormdance lmao that part was a joke
@Stormdance lmao that part was a joke
Poopigamg
In my day Imps were 100kt

the dragon ecomony has been pretty stable for the past while, the only time dragon prices go up temporarily is when a new breed is released and even then depending on the rarity it’s usually brought down to fodder prices in about a month or two. Ancients are no exception to this.

The only portion of the dragon economy that holds some value are gen ones
In my day Imps were 100kt

the dragon ecomony has been pretty stable for the past while, the only time dragon prices go up temporarily is when a new breed is released and even then depending on the rarity it’s usually brought down to fodder prices in about a month or two. Ancients are no exception to this.

The only portion of the dragon economy that holds some value are gen ones
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8