Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The General Economy of Flight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Guys, you can say Coatls weren't expensive during 2017/2018, but they kinda were. I remember seeing Coatls and Wildclaws sold off at higher prices than anything else. And yeah, maybe it was because they were slightly less common and harder to obtain through breeding, but what's stopping that now? This market has definitely been overpopulated with these so called, "rarer breeds" that they're on the same level as Tundras now.

Maybe this new era of dragons is the next step in improving the game, but it's hard to let go of the past :(
Guys, you can say Coatls weren't expensive during 2017/2018, but they kinda were. I remember seeing Coatls and Wildclaws sold off at higher prices than anything else. And yeah, maybe it was because they were slightly less common and harder to obtain through breeding, but what's stopping that now? This market has definitely been overpopulated with these so called, "rarer breeds" that they're on the same level as Tundras now.

Maybe this new era of dragons is the next step in improving the game, but it's hard to let go of the past :(
bruh moment
Ancient breeds didn't lower the value of modern breeds, dragons in general started decreasing in value because there are always exponentially more dragons. New genes/breeds are worth a bit more for a while, then they lower in value as there are more and more bred and the shine wears off.

When I started playing in 2014 I had to buy a Mulberry/Purple/White irishim Wildclaw on a payment plan from a hatchery thread because I couldn't afford it. Now I could probably pick up the same dragon on the AH for maybe 10kt, I feel like that's a good thing! Cool dragons are much more accessible now.
Ancient breeds didn't lower the value of modern breeds, dragons in general started decreasing in value because there are always exponentially more dragons. New genes/breeds are worth a bit more for a while, then they lower in value as there are more and more bred and the shine wears off.

When I started playing in 2014 I had to buy a Mulberry/Purple/White irishim Wildclaw on a payment plan from a hatchery thread because I couldn't afford it. Now I could probably pick up the same dragon on the AH for maybe 10kt, I feel like that's a good thing! Cool dragons are much more accessible now.
tumblr_inline_nk71ajhrKe1qg2i5p.png
It was everyone breeding them that drove their prices down, not ancients. Ancients are only seemingly as expensive as they are because they’re the new hot thing, but that fades fast. Look at gaoler prices now; pure fodder, even the expensive ‘rare’ gened ones.

But Coatl prices were way low way before we even heard of ancients. Many of my first dragons were fodder coatls, and that was in April.
It was everyone breeding them that drove their prices down, not ancients. Ancients are only seemingly as expensive as they are because they’re the new hot thing, but that fades fast. Look at gaoler prices now; pure fodder, even the expensive ‘rare’ gened ones.

But Coatl prices were way low way before we even heard of ancients. Many of my first dragons were fodder coatls, and that was in April.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Unless you have the newest gem gene slapped on your dragon, chances are they will only sell for or close to fodder price. This is by no means a new thing and certainly was not caused by ancients.
Unless you have the newest gem gene slapped on your dragon, chances are they will only sell for or close to fodder price. This is by no means a new thing and certainly was not caused by ancients.
When I joined in 2014, I could and did get Imps, Coatls and Wildclaws for fodder prices, or even for free in adoption thread.
They've been fodder price for 5+ years. The only rare-ish thing about Coatls and WCs is their scrolls. (And by rare I mean harder to obtain, taking longer to obtain.)

Ancients weren't even a concept back then.
When I joined in 2014, I could and did get Imps, Coatls and Wildclaws for fodder prices, or even for free in adoption thread.
They've been fodder price for 5+ years. The only rare-ish thing about Coatls and WCs is their scrolls. (And by rare I mean harder to obtain, taking longer to obtain.)

Ancients weren't even a concept back then.
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
threads like this have been around since 2014. the economy is fine lol
threads like this have been around since 2014. the economy is fine lol
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

y'all really out here clicking on the 'General Economy of Flight Rising'
y'all really out here clicking on the 'General Economy of Flight Rising'
bruh moment
@poopigamg Knowing that I was here before you and always was on the AH, Coatls were not expensive, Wildclaws weren’t, and imps weren’t. An imp was my first dragon ( which I still have ), for around 4 gems. That’s very inexpensive, still. not meaning to be rude but just saying, they weren’t really that expensive, FR economy is unique honestly and nothin ever gonna change that edit: [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2019-12-28 10:13:15" ] It was everyone breeding them that drove their prices down, not ancients. Ancients are only seemingly as expensive as they are because they’re the new hot thing, but that fades fast. Look at gaoler prices now; pure fodder, even the expensive ‘rare’ gened ones. But Coatl prices were way low way before we even heard of ancients. Many of my first dragons were fodder coatls, and that was in April. [/quote] Yeah, ancients didn’t do anything. It doesn’t matter much about breed when there’s ISNT a new one, it’s ** colors ** and ** genes **and such.
@poopigamg
Knowing that I was here before you and always was on the AH, Coatls were not expensive, Wildclaws weren’t, and imps weren’t. An imp was my first dragon ( which I still have ), for around 4 gems. That’s very inexpensive, still.
not meaning to be rude but just saying, they weren’t really that expensive, FR economy is unique honestly and nothin ever gonna change that

edit:
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2019-12-28 10:13:15:

Yeah, ancients didn’t do anything. It doesn’t matter much about breed when there’s ISNT a new one, it’s ** colors ** and ** genes **and such.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
I mean... every hatchling on the last page of my lair was bought nearly at LAH (or bred in lair). If anything, I feel like I see less Mirrors and Banescales than Coatls, Wildclaws, or Gaolers - and I'm pretty sure that's because the Banescale G1s haven't been ready to breed yet.

Some people drop really pretty or otherwise potentially valuable dragons for cheap, that's just how it is, and it works out for me as a buyer and them as a seller - they get the treasure they want, I get to feel like I got a deal without even needing to haggle. The G1s on the third lair tab were found around the same prices, but it's also just that time of year...
I mean... every hatchling on the last page of my lair was bought nearly at LAH (or bred in lair). If anything, I feel like I see less Mirrors and Banescales than Coatls, Wildclaws, or Gaolers - and I'm pretty sure that's because the Banescale G1s haven't been ready to breed yet.

Some people drop really pretty or otherwise potentially valuable dragons for cheap, that's just how it is, and it works out for me as a buyer and them as a seller - they get the treasure they want, I get to feel like I got a deal without even needing to haggle. The G1s on the third lair tab were found around the same prices, but it's also just that time of year...
He/She/They | FR +3
@LavaCookies I see what you mean, but I enjoyed buying Coatls because they were more expensive and there was more incentive to buy them. And now I realize that the incentive has switched to other breeds, which changes the general economy on the auction house.
@LavaCookies I see what you mean, but I enjoyed buying Coatls because they were more expensive and there was more incentive to buy them. And now I realize that the incentive has switched to other breeds, which changes the general economy on the auction house.
Poopigamg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8