Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The General Economy of Flight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Coatls were not rare last year. I saw them often for fodder price.

I am not saying that no coatl was sold for a pretty penny but generally coatls sold for the same as every other breed.
Coatls were not rare last year. I saw them often for fodder price.

I am not saying that no coatl was sold for a pretty penny but generally coatls sold for the same as every other breed.
[quote name="Andreozzii" date="2019-12-28 10:31:49" ] @/SCB the top threader isn't new at all. you come off as very passive aggressive/rude for someone's opinion. back then, dragon prices would drastically change in terms of value. Some days, dragons would go for around 8000, and other days they'd be as low as 3500. And most of the time, common breeds are the lowest. it just seems like now, every modern breed goes for the same. and it's definitely because of over-breeding. :/ [/quote] I don't understand? They weren't 'rude and passive aggressive' at all. They gave an answer/explanation.
Andreozzii wrote on 2019-12-28 10:31:49:
@/SCB the top threader isn't new at all. you come off as very passive aggressive/rude for someone's opinion.

back then, dragon prices would drastically change in terms of value. Some days, dragons would go for around 8000, and other days they'd be as low as 3500. And most of the time, common breeds are the lowest. it just seems like now, every modern breed goes for the same. and it's definitely because of over-breeding.

:/
I don't understand? They weren't 'rude and passive aggressive' at all. They gave an answer/explanation.
Coatls were definitely not any more expensive than anything else, in general. Especially nice ones might have gone for a bit more, but most coatls weren't. You may have joined during a week where fodder was more exprensive due to a dom battle, but coatls have been fodder priced for years, and ancients had nothing to do with it.
Coatls were definitely not any more expensive than anything else, in general. Especially nice ones might have gone for a bit more, but most coatls weren't. You may have joined during a week where fodder was more exprensive due to a dom battle, but coatls have been fodder priced for years, and ancients had nothing to do with it.
B8_L2.pngm35_book.pngm2_02_book.pngm22_book.pngl4_02_book.pngl7_01_book.pngB8_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/s0xai7b.png[/img] [color=#2f4719]I don't remember coatls being significantly expensive just for being coatls? I mean, I own a coatl that was born 5 days after I made an account, and another that was born 3 days after making an account. I've had these dragons for a while, and I don't think I would've been able to get them that early on in the game if they were that expensive.[/color]
s0xai7b.png
I don't remember coatls being significantly expensive just for being coatls? I mean, I own a coatl that was born 5 days after I made an account, and another that was born 3 days after making an account. I've had these dragons for a while, and I don't think I would've been able to get them that early on in the game if they were that expensive.
ex5BGkW.png
yeah, no, i've been around fr for just longer than op and honestly every breed was abt equal
as it is now, ignoring the still-relatively-new banes.

trust me, i'm a coatl hoarder. female coatls are no different to any other dragon in pricing (this comes from months of primal price observing)
we don't talk abt male coatls
yeah, no, i've been around fr for just longer than op and honestly every breed was abt equal
as it is now, ignoring the still-relatively-new banes.

trust me, i'm a coatl hoarder. female coatls are no different to any other dragon in pricing (this comes from months of primal price observing)
we don't talk abt male coatls
I think part of the problem is that you're putting too much weight on the "rare" keyword. It doesn't mean they're actually going to be rare, it literally just means that their breeding cooldown is +5 days over Limited breeds, and that the breeding odds in mixed-rarity pairs favor other breeds. That's it, that's the literal only difference. In actual fact they are far more common than other breeds (say, Snappers), because of their overwhelming popularity. Popular = bred lots = common.
I think part of the problem is that you're putting too much weight on the "rare" keyword. It doesn't mean they're actually going to be rare, it literally just means that their breeding cooldown is +5 days over Limited breeds, and that the breeding odds in mixed-rarity pairs favor other breeds. That's it, that's the literal only difference. In actual fact they are far more common than other breeds (say, Snappers), because of their overwhelming popularity. Popular = bred lots = common.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
The economy is fine.

* We were meant to make our money off exalting, not selling babies.
* Coatls haven't been expensive since shortly after I joined in early 2014. The one I bought like the day I joined was 25k and they dropped like a stone shortly afterward.
* There are more dragons of some of the 'rarer' breeds than some of the 'common' ones due to player taste. The word has nothing to do with anything except cooldown length.
The economy is fine.

* We were meant to make our money off exalting, not selling babies.
* Coatls haven't been expensive since shortly after I joined in early 2014. The one I bought like the day I joined was 25k and they dropped like a stone shortly afterward.
* There are more dragons of some of the 'rarer' breeds than some of the 'common' ones due to player taste. The word has nothing to do with anything except cooldown length.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Coatls have been fodder priced for years OP, that’s just a simple fact

You’re seeing things that were never there

Nothing “upset the balance”, Coatls and Wildclaws have been old hat for years, Ancients are new, have more breeding restrictions, and generally have more interest with the appeal of linebreaking genes.
Coatls have been fodder priced for years OP, that’s just a simple fact

You’re seeing things that were never there

Nothing “upset the balance”, Coatls and Wildclaws have been old hat for years, Ancients are new, have more breeding restrictions, and generally have more interest with the appeal of linebreaking genes.
sBdLZtA.png
Been here since '13

I bought my very first Skydancer for 400kt. (white/white/something)

Now the cheapest white/white SD is 5g, or 5000t

Is this a sign of a failing economy?

No. Absolutely not.

It's a sign that 1) more people got SDs to breed, and then there were more pretty SDs to pick through, thus 2) supply met, and then exceeded demand, driving prices down.

The exact same thing happened with Coatls. The fact that coatl scrolls are available All The Time in the gem mp also helps drive their prices down more, as more people can snatch up pretty pairs of common dragons, breedchange them, and sell pretty coatls in new color schemes.

It's simple - the more there are, the lower the prices will get.

This isn't some bad omen. It's just how this game works. That's it.
Been here since '13

I bought my very first Skydancer for 400kt. (white/white/something)

Now the cheapest white/white SD is 5g, or 5000t

Is this a sign of a failing economy?

No. Absolutely not.

It's a sign that 1) more people got SDs to breed, and then there were more pretty SDs to pick through, thus 2) supply met, and then exceeded demand, driving prices down.

The exact same thing happened with Coatls. The fact that coatl scrolls are available All The Time in the gem mp also helps drive their prices down more, as more people can snatch up pretty pairs of common dragons, breedchange them, and sell pretty coatls in new color schemes.

It's simple - the more there are, the lower the prices will get.

This isn't some bad omen. It's just how this game works. That's it.

@poopigamg Even if Coatls and Wildclaws were more expensive in the past (to which I'll defer to the wisdom of people who've been playing longer than I), the fact that they're worth less now doesn't mean the economy is broken. It's a simple fact of supply and demand: when a breed is popular and sell for a lot of money, more people will start breeding them. This results in more babies for sale, but the number of people wanting to buy them doesn't change significantly. Supply is therefore greater than demand, and so the price falls.

There are lots of parallels in the real world, where a brand new product costs a lot of money, but over time, everyone who wants one gets one, and the price goes down. That's why companies keep putting out new products, creating new stuff that people want to buy. It doesn't mean the real world economy is "broken" when people stop buying stuff they don't want/need. It's just a normal change. Nothing to be scared of.

This is why, in my real life business, I'm constantly making new designs to add to my range. The stuff that was popular a couple of years ago doesn't sell as well anymore, because most of the people who want one have bought one already. In order to keep the sales coming in, I have to create new products to entice people to buy.

On FR, you have to take your cues from the real world economy: if what you're trying to sell has become so commonplace that supply exceeds demand, you have to change what you sell, finding a new product that has a greater demand and less supply. Just because you're failing to change with the times doesn't mean the economy is "broken" or that it should go back to what it was.

Wildclaws and Coatls are common, and cheap, because loads of people like them. Everybody wants to breed them, and so everyone has babies to sell. And so, if making money is what's important to you, then you have to adapt. Instead of expecting all the other breeders of those breeds to stop breeding and selling them (and thus reducing supply so demand goes up, allowing you to charge more for them), you should try and find something to breed and sell that has a lower demand than supply.

And that's always going to be what's new. New breeds, new genes. Or, failing that, dragons that have increased value due to art or lore or high level, something that sets them apart from the literally thousands of other dragons to choose from.

Your failure to adapt to change does not constitute a "decline" in the economy.
@poopigamg Even if Coatls and Wildclaws were more expensive in the past (to which I'll defer to the wisdom of people who've been playing longer than I), the fact that they're worth less now doesn't mean the economy is broken. It's a simple fact of supply and demand: when a breed is popular and sell for a lot of money, more people will start breeding them. This results in more babies for sale, but the number of people wanting to buy them doesn't change significantly. Supply is therefore greater than demand, and so the price falls.

There are lots of parallels in the real world, where a brand new product costs a lot of money, but over time, everyone who wants one gets one, and the price goes down. That's why companies keep putting out new products, creating new stuff that people want to buy. It doesn't mean the real world economy is "broken" when people stop buying stuff they don't want/need. It's just a normal change. Nothing to be scared of.

This is why, in my real life business, I'm constantly making new designs to add to my range. The stuff that was popular a couple of years ago doesn't sell as well anymore, because most of the people who want one have bought one already. In order to keep the sales coming in, I have to create new products to entice people to buy.

On FR, you have to take your cues from the real world economy: if what you're trying to sell has become so commonplace that supply exceeds demand, you have to change what you sell, finding a new product that has a greater demand and less supply. Just because you're failing to change with the times doesn't mean the economy is "broken" or that it should go back to what it was.

Wildclaws and Coatls are common, and cheap, because loads of people like them. Everybody wants to breed them, and so everyone has babies to sell. And so, if making money is what's important to you, then you have to adapt. Instead of expecting all the other breeders of those breeds to stop breeding and selling them (and thus reducing supply so demand goes up, allowing you to charge more for them), you should try and find something to breed and sell that has a lower demand than supply.

And that's always going to be what's new. New breeds, new genes. Or, failing that, dragons that have increased value due to art or lore or high level, something that sets them apart from the literally thousands of other dragons to choose from.

Your failure to adapt to change does not constitute a "decline" in the economy.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8