Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The General Economy of Flight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Back in my day, a Coatl would be worth way more than any other dragon, they were considered special, or more valuable. Coatls would fall into the same category as Wildclaw, rare. Rare dragons would cost more than common or even uncommon breeds, on an exponential level. Now that the ancient breeds have been introduced, the balance of rare and common dragons is thrown way off. In its current state, a Coatl dragon can be found at the same price as a tundra, or a mirror, common breeds. All in all, I believe the addition of Ancient breeds have ruined the Flight Rising economy, for good, or hopefully just for now. Let me know your thoughts, thanks.
Back in my day, a Coatl would be worth way more than any other dragon, they were considered special, or more valuable. Coatls would fall into the same category as Wildclaw, rare. Rare dragons would cost more than common or even uncommon breeds, on an exponential level. Now that the ancient breeds have been introduced, the balance of rare and common dragons is thrown way off. In its current state, a Coatl dragon can be found at the same price as a tundra, or a mirror, common breeds. All in all, I believe the addition of Ancient breeds have ruined the Flight Rising economy, for good, or hopefully just for now. Let me know your thoughts, thanks.
Poopigamg
Coatls and Wildclaws were not exponetionally more expensive than other dragons in 2018.
They were fodder priced in 2014.
Coatls and Wildclaws were not exponetionally more expensive than other dragons in 2018.
They were fodder priced in 2014.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
The economy seems healthy enough to me. Things that are harder to get are expensive, and things that are easier to get, like Coatls, are cheaper.
The economy seems healthy enough to me. Things that are harder to get are expensive, and things that are easier to get, like Coatls, are cheaper.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@lonin what does that mean, and they were quite a bit more expensive than other breeds, especially as adults. I can remember checking the auction house, and seeing how expensive they were, and you would have to save up for days and days to get a Coatl, or Wildclaw, whereas you could play Runestones of the Arcanist for 5 minutes and get a Mirror or Fae. Im hoping you see what i mean in the sense that the balance is thrown off and dragons who previously sold for a lot, now sell for less.
@lonin what does that mean, and they were quite a bit more expensive than other breeds, especially as adults. I can remember checking the auction house, and seeing how expensive they were, and you would have to save up for days and days to get a Coatl, or Wildclaw, whereas you could play Runestones of the Arcanist for 5 minutes and get a Mirror or Fae. Im hoping you see what i mean in the sense that the balance is thrown off and dragons who previously sold for a lot, now sell for less.
Poopigamg
If memory serves, all dragon breeds remain profitable until they are overbred and become, you know, common

With how many users there are, this is bound to happen- thats flight risings economy. Cheao dragons are still stimulant to the economy, through coli incentive. Old school fr, yes, but the economy has greatly changed with time. In my view, the economy is doing ok
If memory serves, all dragon breeds remain profitable until they are overbred and become, you know, common

With how many users there are, this is bound to happen- thats flight risings economy. Cheao dragons are still stimulant to the economy, through coli incentive. Old school fr, yes, but the economy has greatly changed with time. In my view, the economy is doing ok
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Coatls haven't been more expensive then any other breed in a LONG time.

Ancients only came out this year and have nothing to do with it.

The fact of the matter is, the dragon market is so over saturated that pretty much everything is easy to get for fairly cheap these days.
Coatls haven't been more expensive then any other breed in a LONG time.

Ancients only came out this year and have nothing to do with it.

The fact of the matter is, the dragon market is so over saturated that pretty much everything is easy to get for fairly cheap these days.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.giff4c9992b-47ff-11e7-8b02-b56db8b8415b.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif000653c0-4800-11e7-b454-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
Mmm nah. I joined before you and they were nothing special. Everything becomes fodder 2-4 months after their release.
Mmm nah. I joined before you and they were nothing special. Everything becomes fodder 2-4 months after their release.
@poopigamg Breeding rarity hasn't had anything to do with dragon prices since 2013. Pretty dragons sell for more, specific breeds aren't worth more just because they have a long breeding cooldown c:
You want some proof here's a random thread we found on pretty fodder from 2018 including some wildclaws and coatls: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2529718

But yeah, dragons are basically an infinite resource, they were never going to be or stay expensive.
@poopigamg Breeding rarity hasn't had anything to do with dragon prices since 2013. Pretty dragons sell for more, specific breeds aren't worth more just because they have a long breeding cooldown c:
You want some proof here's a random thread we found on pretty fodder from 2018 including some wildclaws and coatls: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2529718

But yeah, dragons are basically an infinite resource, they were never going to be or stay expensive.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I can't speak for very far back, but I joined shortly before Gaolers were released and before Ancients were ever a thing I could find any breed for fodder prices. Wildclaws and Coatls were less common, but that's likely just because their breeding cooldowns mean they simply can't breed as often.
I can't speak for very far back, but I joined shortly before Gaolers were released and before Ancients were ever a thing I could find any breed for fodder prices. Wildclaws and Coatls were less common, but that's likely just because their breeding cooldowns mean they simply can't breed as often.
3GUlHXT.png he/him ep2efT3.png
@ProwlerBC i 100% agree with what youre saying, I took a huge break from FR during this year, and to come back and see how different the pricing of certain dragons became, shocked me. As things change, like the addition of new breeds or new category of breeds, other thing will be effected as well. That is what i was trying to say. Change is good, but it seems very off balance right now. I think the current pricing for the Gaolers and Banescales are so much higher than they should be. And im sure it will calm down in the future and they will even out to where every other breed is now.
@ProwlerBC i 100% agree with what youre saying, I took a huge break from FR during this year, and to come back and see how different the pricing of certain dragons became, shocked me. As things change, like the addition of new breeds or new category of breeds, other thing will be effected as well. That is what i was trying to say. Change is good, but it seems very off balance right now. I think the current pricing for the Gaolers and Banescales are so much higher than they should be. And im sure it will calm down in the future and they will even out to where every other breed is now.
Poopigamg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8