Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Popular genes you hate?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Not sure how popular either of these are, but I've never really liked capsule or firefly.

While I like how the colors come out in capsule, I'm not fond of how it makes the dragon look hollow and how it doesn't completely fill the dragon. If it were more like underbelly and completely filled the underside of the dragon, I'd probably use it more.

Firefly just seems... lackluster? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it just seems kind of boring compared to other terts.
Not sure how popular either of these are, but I've never really liked capsule or firefly.

While I like how the colors come out in capsule, I'm not fond of how it makes the dragon look hollow and how it doesn't completely fill the dragon. If it were more like underbelly and completely filled the underside of the dragon, I'd probably use it more.

Firefly just seems... lackluster? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it just seems kind of boring compared to other terts.
Encapsulated Mist / Abyssdrake

+1 FR Time
Pings/PMs welcome
hiveBioDivVMiddle2_WebRes.png Dragonwish Foundation
Sig's still a wip augh
I don't know how popular firefly is anymore, but it was all the rage when it came out, so... I'm gonna count it. That is my least favorite of all the genes. You can barely see it and the flies are cheap and ultra basic cartoony.
I don't know how popular firefly is anymore, but it was all the rage when it came out, so... I'm gonna count it. That is my least favorite of all the genes. You can barely see it and the flies are cheap and ultra basic cartoony.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
star/con, cry/fac
star/con, cry/fac
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Are poison, toxin and petals still popular? I'm really not a fan of those.
Are poison, toxin and petals still popular? I'm really not a fan of those.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
as much as i like drawing star/con, i reeeeaaallyy am not a huge fan of starmap. i like the way it affects colors sometimes, but as someone who’d rather do a breeding project than a gene project, if a primary color only works with starmap..... i’d look for a different primary color and i don’t know about their popularity, but i’ve yet to warm up to laced/edged AND and, i actually really like stained! but i think the best stained dragons are the ones that make me go “ooooh what color is THAT”, generally dragons whose tert is the opposite of the wheel from their pri/sec. i totally get where people are coming from, some stains can just look boring and wasteful i maintain the opinion that every gene, color, eye type, etc. is good, it just needs to be used right! but space is just not my aesthetic ([s]despite being arcane lol[/s]), and i’ve still yet to find a really good use that redeems starmap in my eyes the way i have for ringlets and scorpion (did i mention i normally don’t like ringlets? it has VERY specific use cases imo) (also off topic but @lordjeanliness i like your icon dragon [emoji=guardian laughing size=1])
as much as i like drawing star/con, i reeeeaaallyy am not a huge fan of starmap. i like the way it affects colors sometimes, but as someone who’d rather do a breeding project than a gene project, if a primary color only works with starmap..... i’d look for a different primary color

and i don’t know about their popularity, but i’ve yet to warm up to laced/edged

AND and, i actually really like stained! but i think the best stained dragons are the ones that make me go “ooooh what color is THAT”, generally dragons whose tert is the opposite of the wheel from their pri/sec. i totally get where people are coming from, some stains can just look boring and wasteful

i maintain the opinion that every gene, color, eye type, etc. is good, it just needs to be used right! but space is just not my aesthetic (despite being arcane lol), and i’ve still yet to find a really good use that redeems starmap in my eyes the way i have for ringlets and scorpion (did i mention i normally don’t like ringlets? it has VERY specific use cases imo)

(also off topic but @lordjeanliness i like your icon dragon )
vr4rri.png
B1XSdsq.png
sZShZzW.png

B8HmiZX.png
eO2eGoz.png
mlHpBMC.png
bi4e4q.gif
BLACKENED SCEPTER, CROWN OF THORNS

mouse - they/them

guardian lover extraordinaire!
fandragons in first hibernal tab
Ghost...the skeleton look is cool in theory, but it only looks good in Very Specific color/gene combinations. Outside of those combinations, it looks like crap.
Ghost...the skeleton look is cool in theory, but it only looks good in Very Specific color/gene combinations. Outside of those combinations, it looks like crap.
Oblivion-Rising-Sig.png
An Elder Scrolls fandragon project
didn't know so many people disliked stained :0 interesting

not that i really hate any of these, but i'd say petals, opal, and starmap
i've seen dragons that make any of these work, some really well, but would i ever? unlikely
didn't know so many people disliked stained :0 interesting

not that i really hate any of these, but i'd say petals, opal, and starmap
i've seen dragons that make any of these work, some really well, but would i ever? unlikely
I don't know if they're that popular but here we go

Wasp - Bee is amazing but wasp makes me feel weird. Especially if the dragon itself is fluffy.. how does that even work??? Also I kinda hate wasps the name pulls me wrong. And yes I know I have one but I never use it to scry dragons.

Fligree - It looks like apparel and the metal part is too much to me :( I need markings or mutations not...apparel lookin stuff

Firefly - Probably the most hated gene. It never works to me and its a swipp gene which means negative points..Swipp asks for too much in general. It's either invisible or too distracting.

Also blossom doesn't fit to Gaolers but it can work so it gets a pass.
I don't know if they're that popular but here we go

Wasp - Bee is amazing but wasp makes me feel weird. Especially if the dragon itself is fluffy.. how does that even work??? Also I kinda hate wasps the name pulls me wrong. And yes I know I have one but I never use it to scry dragons.

Fligree - It looks like apparel and the metal part is too much to me :( I need markings or mutations not...apparel lookin stuff

Firefly - Probably the most hated gene. It never works to me and its a swipp gene which means negative points..Swipp asks for too much in general. It's either invisible or too distracting.

Also blossom doesn't fit to Gaolers but it can work so it gets a pass.
metallic/alloy are terrible genes, fight me
metallic/alloy are terrible genes, fight me
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Cherub seems to be relatively well-liked, but I am not a fan.
Cherub seems to be relatively well-liked, but I am not a fan.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11