Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Popular genes you hate?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hmm... Most of the genes I would list here are ones I'm picky about, as a single gene I don't like gembond, and a combo I most strongly dislike would be crystal/facet. It can look really weird in most cases and it just doesn't work well at least in my lair. The one dragon I have it works on is my lightning rep but it fits her well, and the circuit on her works too, which I notice seems a lot less popular and it quite hard to match. Also reaaly picky about iri/shim, and would rather not have both on one dragon now.

Poi/tox is also really hard to make look good, and comes off as way too busy or variated a lot of the time. Also not big on firefly, it tends to be unnoticeable and it's really difficult to work with for outfits since a lot of it will get covered.
Hmm... Most of the genes I would list here are ones I'm picky about, as a single gene I don't like gembond, and a combo I most strongly dislike would be crystal/facet. It can look really weird in most cases and it just doesn't work well at least in my lair. The one dragon I have it works on is my lightning rep but it fits her well, and the circuit on her works too, which I notice seems a lot less popular and it quite hard to match. Also reaaly picky about iri/shim, and would rather not have both on one dragon now.

Poi/tox is also really hard to make look good, and comes off as way too busy or variated a lot of the time. Also not big on firefly, it tends to be unnoticeable and it's really difficult to work with for outfits since a lot of it will get covered.
Can't stand filigree, opal, or firefly, they never appeal to me on anything.
Opal looks like the dragon was splashed at random with paint without any regard at all to image composition.
Filigree is just the perfect mix of too subtle/too busy/not lining up with anything/poorly placed/too much like apparel to be absolutely useless on literally everything. "Too unnatural" isn't something i say lightly either, with my two most used terts right now being capsule and ghost. It looks like it was designed exclusively to be paired with full body seraph jewelry.
Firefly is the most low-effort gene i've ever seen and in 99% of cases it's either too subtle to be worth anything or just looks like ugly washed out greyish splotches floating in front of the dragon. It basically only works with neons on top of dark-color XXYs, and even that's iffy. It should have been apparel.

I don't understand in the slightest why Shardflank is the most popular (non blossom) gaoler gene either, i've never once seen anything that looked good in it. In theory it sounds like something i'd love but in practice it's got all the same problems as gembond and then some.
Blossom, the fact that it looks like the dragon's been dusted with plastic hawaii-themed party decoration flowers out of a catalogue from the early 2000's aside, doesn't fit gaolers at all on a lore level and it's lineart breaking is so minimal that it could have easily been a modern gene along the lines of gembond. It doesn't really match with any gene combo on them either. Nothing has quite the right... Flow, to go with it well. Put clown or savannah on them or something, maybe. That might go with the flow better. A lot of genes are unusable just because nothing else goes with them. i think 90% of it's popularity is just because it's cutesy and expensive therefore a sign of wealth.

I've heard that alloy is more popular than metallic, but i've never seen any conclusive evidence either way so...

Starmap and runes are kind of hard to find any use for that doesn't look generic, but i don't have anything actively against them.

Petals is... In an odd place, to me? On surface level it's not hugely appealing, but i do find good use for it now and then and i don't have any particular dislike of it. The main problem is just that it's impossible to use without underbelly, glimmer, or capsule.

It's doesn't really count as a gene on it's own, but 99% of the time i can't stand dragons where the prim/sec genes are a matching set. It's so boring to me.
I can't remember if any other genes qualify as "popular" or not so I'll just leave it here.
Can't stand filigree, opal, or firefly, they never appeal to me on anything.
Opal looks like the dragon was splashed at random with paint without any regard at all to image composition.
Filigree is just the perfect mix of too subtle/too busy/not lining up with anything/poorly placed/too much like apparel to be absolutely useless on literally everything. "Too unnatural" isn't something i say lightly either, with my two most used terts right now being capsule and ghost. It looks like it was designed exclusively to be paired with full body seraph jewelry.
Firefly is the most low-effort gene i've ever seen and in 99% of cases it's either too subtle to be worth anything or just looks like ugly washed out greyish splotches floating in front of the dragon. It basically only works with neons on top of dark-color XXYs, and even that's iffy. It should have been apparel.

I don't understand in the slightest why Shardflank is the most popular (non blossom) gaoler gene either, i've never once seen anything that looked good in it. In theory it sounds like something i'd love but in practice it's got all the same problems as gembond and then some.
Blossom, the fact that it looks like the dragon's been dusted with plastic hawaii-themed party decoration flowers out of a catalogue from the early 2000's aside, doesn't fit gaolers at all on a lore level and it's lineart breaking is so minimal that it could have easily been a modern gene along the lines of gembond. It doesn't really match with any gene combo on them either. Nothing has quite the right... Flow, to go with it well. Put clown or savannah on them or something, maybe. That might go with the flow better. A lot of genes are unusable just because nothing else goes with them. i think 90% of it's popularity is just because it's cutesy and expensive therefore a sign of wealth.

I've heard that alloy is more popular than metallic, but i've never seen any conclusive evidence either way so...

Starmap and runes are kind of hard to find any use for that doesn't look generic, but i don't have anything actively against them.

Petals is... In an odd place, to me? On surface level it's not hugely appealing, but i do find good use for it now and then and i don't have any particular dislike of it. The main problem is just that it's impossible to use without underbelly, glimmer, or capsule.

It's doesn't really count as a gene on it's own, but 99% of the time i can't stand dragons where the prim/sec genes are a matching set. It's so boring to me.
I can't remember if any other genes qualify as "popular" or not so I'll just leave it here.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Firefly. I only have one dragon with it in my lair. For the most part I really hate it.

For Gaoler genes, I dislike wintercoat and really hate shardflank. Ocassionally wintercoat will work on the right dragon. Shardflank basically never works.
Firefly. I only have one dragon with it in my lair. For the most part I really hate it.

For Gaoler genes, I dislike wintercoat and really hate shardflank. Ocassionally wintercoat will work on the right dragon. Shardflank basically never works.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
@kitkat111

Well, when it is red, it looks more like a bottle of blood to me. That fits the lore for my lair and some of my dragons. Capsule works better on darker colors or neutral colors, in my opinion.
@kitkat111

Well, when it is red, it looks more like a bottle of blood to me. That fits the lore for my lair and some of my dragons. Capsule works better on darker colors or neutral colors, in my opinion.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
lionfish. It looks good in 1 cases out of 100.
lionfish. It looks good in 1 cases out of 100.
+2 FR time
he/they
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11