Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | lower case names or upper case names?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Uppercase all the way... my dragons have some dignity, lol. I do not even buy fodder with lowercase names.
Uppercase all the way... my dragons have some dignity, lol. I do not even buy fodder with lowercase names.
Uppercase! I don't mind lowercase usernames as much, but lowercase dragon names just bother me. I mean, it's their actual names :/
Uppercase! I don't mind lowercase usernames as much, but lowercase dragon names just bother me. I mean, it's their actual names :/
Lowercase is nice, but if there's more than one word (like mine), I prefer uppercase. Dragon names are definitely proper names, though. Capitalize those things, people! Otherwise, if you name that adorable derp Bug, it'll be hard to tell whether you're talking about an actual bug or your pixel baby.
Lowercase is nice, but if there's more than one word (like mine), I prefer uppercase. Dragon names are definitely proper names, though. Capitalize those things, people! Otherwise, if you name that adorable derp Bug, it'll be hard to tell whether you're talking about an actual bug or your pixel baby.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[quote name="@218715" date="2019-10-07 13:06:05" ] [quote name="@/Briton" date="2019-10-07 12:08:35" ] If anyone has an all upper case username, I'm going to think that their dragons live in their flight's sewer system and the default method of communication in the clan is that everyone shouts at each other. [/quote] what about all number un? are we all accountants in this clan? [/quote] It depend on the flight, really. Because you're in Ice, I'd think that's your inmate number as assigned by IceDad.
@218715 wrote on 2019-10-07 13:06:05:
@/Briton wrote on 2019-10-07 12:08:35:
If anyone has an all upper case username, I'm going to think that their dragons live in their flight's sewer system and the default method of communication in the clan is that everyone shouts at each other.
what about all number un? are we all accountants in this clan?

It depend on the flight, really. Because you're in Ice, I'd think that's your inmate number as assigned by IceDad.
qDavPTk.png
Uppercase, I guess.

The sole thing that bothers me when it comes to names is that clan, lair, etc. are always capitalized so you'd get something like 'fervor's Clan' with an all-lowercase UN.

Dragon names are fine though.
Uppercase, I guess.

The sole thing that bothers me when it comes to names is that clan, lair, etc. are always capitalized so you'd get something like 'fervor's Clan' with an all-lowercase UN.

Dragon names are fine though.
even though my name is uppercase, i prefer lowercase names. i feel like its more calm? i just kind of like how it looks i guess

i like keeping dragon names uppercase though!
even though my name is uppercase, i prefer lowercase names. i feel like its more calm? i just kind of like how it looks i guess

i like keeping dragon names uppercase though!
alo_chibi_shark.png ......
wip
lowercase usernames for sure, but you must absolutely have uppercase dragon names.
lowercase usernames for sure, but you must absolutely have uppercase dragon names.
v4kiUt1.png
cons | m | twitter
Lowercase usernames, at least for me. It looks more symmetrical.

For dragons, I prefer uppercase, but maybe just because it's the norm and I don't always change dragons' names when I buy them.

(As an aside, the only place I type with proper caps and punctuation is FR. normally i type all lowercase. idk why, maybe just because proper case is more common here?)
Lowercase usernames, at least for me. It looks more symmetrical.

For dragons, I prefer uppercase, but maybe just because it's the norm and I don't always change dragons' names when I buy them.

(As an aside, the only place I type with proper caps and punctuation is FR. normally i type all lowercase. idk why, maybe just because proper case is more common here?)
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
lowercase usernames, especially if they're on the shorter side. I agree with apoareion, it looks more symmetrical.

I'm not a big fan of lowercase dragon names, mostly because they're proper names and it's weird if you're writing lore and you can't tell if that noun is a name or a normal noun.
lowercase usernames, especially if they're on the shorter side. I agree with apoareion, it looks more symmetrical.

I'm not a big fan of lowercase dragon names, mostly because they're proper names and it's weird if you're writing lore and you can't tell if that noun is a name or a normal noun.
UoweiPn.png
I've never understood the appeal of lowercase names. We generally capitalize names to signify importance since they're proper nouns so I find it just looks off to have a name be lowercase. It just kinda seems like its being disrespectful since its almost like saying "you're not important enough to be recognized with proper capitalization!"
I've never understood the appeal of lowercase names. We generally capitalize names to signify importance since they're proper nouns so I find it just looks off to have a name be lowercase. It just kinda seems like its being disrespectful since its almost like saying "you're not important enough to be recognized with proper capitalization!"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9