Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | friend or food?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Joeydragonz" date="2019-04-28 18:34:51" ] People b saying friend and food ain’t that different. What if a dragon was friends with another dragon? Would other dragon be food? [/quote] I can imagine a Ridgeback eating another Ridgeback if they got desperate enough. You never know with those guys.
Joeydragonz wrote on 2019-04-28 18:34:51:
People b saying friend and food ain’t that different. What if a dragon was friends with another dragon? Would other dragon be food?
I can imagine a Ridgeback eating another Ridgeback if they got desperate enough. You never know with those guys.
u5avu4X.png fWfedcf.png
anything is food if you're hungry enough
anything is food if you're hungry enough
Q11qPxO.png Formerly TheFamily
In posession of Savior, our one true leader
Feel free to PM me!
I just interpreted that the food critters were already... passed .... when they found them and dragons don't wanna be wasteful, free food is free food.
I just interpreted that the food critters were already... passed .... when they found them and dragons don't wanna be wasteful, free food is free food.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
It's legal to eat bunnies and guinea pig, and quite a delicacy in many places. Horse seems to be off-limits in the US, but in the Netherlands you can buy it as smoked delimeat, stewed and as sausage.

It all depends on the person, or on FR, the dragon. Ask Baldwin, friend or goo?

In the rural south, tons of people raise meat rabbit and chicken, ducks etc. I like to think my critters have a good life, until ya know, they stop living.
It's legal to eat bunnies and guinea pig, and quite a delicacy in many places. Horse seems to be off-limits in the US, but in the Netherlands you can buy it as smoked delimeat, stewed and as sausage.

It all depends on the person, or on FR, the dragon. Ask Baldwin, friend or goo?

In the rural south, tons of people raise meat rabbit and chicken, ducks etc. I like to think my critters have a good life, until ya know, they stop living.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Earthwyrm" date="2019-04-28 14:24:25" ] That would make some Swipp trades pretty ridiculous from a lore standpoint. "Hey, wanna trade two hundred of those birds there for a single bird of the same kind?" "Why would I do that?" "This one's your friend." "Deal." [/quote] Ah, yes, what sound logic we base our trading on.
Earthwyrm wrote on 2019-04-28 14:24:25:
That would make some Swipp trades pretty ridiculous from a lore standpoint.

"Hey, wanna trade two hundred of those birds there for a single bird of the same kind?"

"Why would I do that?"

"This one's your friend."

"Deal."
Ah, yes, what sound logic we base our trading on.
RCD2mOL.pngNt9DYxN.png
[quote name="RubieKanary" date="2019-04-28 18:43:49" ] [quote name="Joeydragonz" date="2019-04-28 18:34:51" ] People b saying friend and food ain’t that different. What if a dragon was friends with another dragon? Would other dragon be food? [/quote] I can imagine a Ridgeback eating another Ridgeback if they got desperate enough. You never know with those guys. [/quote] i don't know they would eat something they consider a friend/ acquaintance/beneficial (crocs don't eat the birds that clean their teeth, sharks don't eat the fish that clean them) but eating non-friend dragons? yeah probably, for survival
RubieKanary wrote on 2019-04-28 18:43:49:
Joeydragonz wrote on 2019-04-28 18:34:51:
People b saying friend and food ain’t that different. What if a dragon was friends with another dragon? Would other dragon be food?
I can imagine a Ridgeback eating another Ridgeback if they got desperate enough. You never know with those guys.

i don't know they would eat something they consider a friend/ acquaintance/beneficial (crocs don't eat the birds that clean their teeth, sharks don't eat the fish that clean them) but eating non-friend dragons? yeah probably, for survival
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
Same way humans differentiate pets from chicken nuggets.
Same way humans differentiate pets from chicken nuggets.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
how did we go from talking about the line between familiar and food item to contemplating dragon cannibalism
how did we go from talking about the line between familiar and food item to contemplating dragon cannibalism
I mean familiars are probably just specific instances of “food” animals that a particular dragon thought would make a good companion. Like some people have pet goats and there are still meat goats out there. That one particular goat just got owned by someone who wanted it as a pet.
I mean familiars are probably just specific instances of “food” animals that a particular dragon thought would make a good companion. Like some people have pet goats and there are still meat goats out there. That one particular goat just got owned by someone who wanted it as a pet.
IMG_5287.png

They/Them
FR+3
Art
Shop

ACOZFAh.png

mtHAEL4.png

tyEuRXe.png
I'm sure there are dragons who like pretty flowers, and others think "Oh salad!"
I'm sure there are dragons who like pretty flowers, and others think "Oh salad!"
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 2 3 4 5