Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | friend or food?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2019-04-28 13:58:39" ] Always food. [/quote]
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2019-04-28 13:58:39:
Always food.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
If they "die" in battle they become food, if they survive they become friend or something like that
If they "die" in battle they become food, if they survive they become friend or something like that
733EAYl.png
^credit goes to Lichtdrache's^
If you beat it up and it respects you its your pet now, if you beat it up and it insults you thats your dinner
If you beat it up and it respects you its your pet now, if you beat it up and it insults you thats your dinner
udj6wT1.png
[quote name="Sefaro" date="2019-04-29 10:36:44" ] If you beat it up and it respects you its your pet now, if you beat it up and it insults you thats your dinner [/quote] Sounds like some Wildclaw rules. Works for me.
Sefaro wrote on 2019-04-29 10:36:44:

Sounds like some Wildclaw rules.
Works for me.
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
[quote name="Earthwyrm" date="2019-04-28 14:24:25" ] That would make some Swipp trades pretty ridiculous from a lore standpoint. "Hey, wanna trade two hundred of those birds there for a single bird of the same kind?" "Why would I do that?" "This one's your friend." "Deal." [/quote]
Earthwyrm wrote on 2019-04-28 14:24:25:
That would make some Swipp trades pretty ridiculous from a lore standpoint.

"Hey, wanna trade two hundred of those birds there for a single bird of the same kind?"

"Why would I do that?"

"This one's your friend."

"Deal."
0jTX3am.gifsig_by_cas_a_fras-db0ohro.pngcmtI1YU.png
Both Depends on the dragons really One may have a Wildwood owl familiar while another is devouring it's babies [item=Wildwood owlet]
Both

Depends on the dragons really

One may have a Wildwood owl familiar while another is devouring it's babies

Wildwood Owlet
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
@chocomonster There's no 'was' about eating dogs and cats certain eastern countries. It still happens daily and there's a festival that revolves around it. Never mind the really barbaric way the dogs and cats are treated.
@chocomonster There's no 'was' about eating dogs and cats certain eastern countries. It still happens daily and there's a festival that revolves around it. Never mind the really barbaric way the dogs and cats are treated.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@Avessa

My mistake, was basing my info from discussions from international college classmates/associates from several parts of the eastern area and their knowledge.
Was mention as something that their grandparent generation admitted to doing but not something their current generation really did/understood.
Though the people I knew didn't live everywhere in the eastern area, they never mentioning neighboring areas that still did it or didn't seem to know (or maybe they didn't want to mention it?). What areas are the one that still eat cats/dogs?

Though given in the US (to my knowledge) food market (effects of mass producing like steroids and crowding and etc. on top of dairy cows get sick if not constantly milked after giving birth to a calf, which is most of their life, and chickens general horrid-able treatment) isn't exactly so great itself so its not like animals in food markets being treated horribly is uncommon. I'm assuming you mean cats/dogs living conditions when being used as food, so I dont know know the exact conditions, but its not terribly uncommon on animals used for food
@Avessa

My mistake, was basing my info from discussions from international college classmates/associates from several parts of the eastern area and their knowledge.
Was mention as something that their grandparent generation admitted to doing but not something their current generation really did/understood.
Though the people I knew didn't live everywhere in the eastern area, they never mentioning neighboring areas that still did it or didn't seem to know (or maybe they didn't want to mention it?). What areas are the one that still eat cats/dogs?

Though given in the US (to my knowledge) food market (effects of mass producing like steroids and crowding and etc. on top of dairy cows get sick if not constantly milked after giving birth to a calf, which is most of their life, and chickens general horrid-able treatment) isn't exactly so great itself so its not like animals in food markets being treated horribly is uncommon. I'm assuming you mean cats/dogs living conditions when being used as food, so I dont know know the exact conditions, but its not terribly uncommon on animals used for food
@chocomonster There's a cat eating festival in Peru, strays and the occasional stolen pet are eaten in Hawaii. Even though there's legislation banning it cat and dog eating is very popular in Taiwan to the best of my knowledge, while the practice is commonplace in Korea, Vietnam and China, which holds (now without official backing admittedly) the extremely cruel Yulin dog eating festival (though this cruelty is not confined to this festival, the treatment displayed during it is common in most places that eat dogs/cats in China). The number of dogs eaten in China yearly is purported (not officially verified as it's not illegal) to be around the 10 million mark.

I won't go into how the animals are treated because that's too cruel for FR forums. I will give you a link to the AnimalsAsia charity page about the yulin festival, though I encourage you to do your own research with a warning that the images and info out there can be very upsetting.

https://www.animalsasia.org/uk/media/news/news-archive/the-truth-about-the-yulin-dog-meat-festival-and-how-to-stop-it.html

I also agree with you on how the USA treats it's intensively farmed animals is pretty awful. The UKs farm animal treatment is hardly all sunshine and roses either but at least it's mostly better (Largely because of higher standards and less intensive farming).
@chocomonster There's a cat eating festival in Peru, strays and the occasional stolen pet are eaten in Hawaii. Even though there's legislation banning it cat and dog eating is very popular in Taiwan to the best of my knowledge, while the practice is commonplace in Korea, Vietnam and China, which holds (now without official backing admittedly) the extremely cruel Yulin dog eating festival (though this cruelty is not confined to this festival, the treatment displayed during it is common in most places that eat dogs/cats in China). The number of dogs eaten in China yearly is purported (not officially verified as it's not illegal) to be around the 10 million mark.

I won't go into how the animals are treated because that's too cruel for FR forums. I will give you a link to the AnimalsAsia charity page about the yulin festival, though I encourage you to do your own research with a warning that the images and info out there can be very upsetting.

https://www.animalsasia.org/uk/media/news/news-archive/the-truth-about-the-yulin-dog-meat-festival-and-how-to-stop-it.html

I also agree with you on how the USA treats it's intensively farmed animals is pretty awful. The UKs farm animal treatment is hardly all sunshine and roses either but at least it's mostly better (Largely because of higher standards and less intensive farming).
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
1 2 3 4 5