Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 269 270 271 272 273 ... 280 281
Oh boy, lore time!

Personal goal: Convert a few more bios to my new template, which involves adding descriptions to family/friend connections, so at least I will be writing lore during the conversions. Also maybe make notes on some other dragons in my den waiting on their proper lore. Some day I'll get more out of the den, some day...
Oh boy, lore time!

Personal goal: Convert a few more bios to my new template, which involves adding descriptions to family/friend connections, so at least I will be writing lore during the conversions. Also maybe make notes on some other dragons in my den waiting on their proper lore. Some day I'll get more out of the den, some day...
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
@BarbaraFett It's Clip Studio Paint! CSP gives you the option to select and drag layers on click (so no moving between layers manually), as well as using the lasso tool to select multiple layers at once which you can then move as a group, which is really handy for something like this. No idea if other art programs have those features as well.
@BarbaraFett It's Clip Studio Paint! CSP gives you the option to select and drag layers on click (so no moving between layers manually), as well as using the lasso tool to select multiple layers at once which you can then move as a group, which is really handy for something like this. No idea if other art programs have those features as well.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After - Thank you very much! I'll have to see if GIMP's lasso tool lets you do that. Manually switching layers every time was way too much of a pain to deal with.
@After - Thank you very much! I'll have to see if GIMP's lasso tool lets you do that. Manually switching layers every time was way too much of a pain to deal with.
Hoping I can finish up a bio or two!
Hoping I can finish up a bio or two!
I'm pretty sure I'll only take some notes this time - I'm super sick an slept like 12h through and need to go to work til Saturday.
But I'm free next Werk! As soon as I'm feeling better I want to finish at least three bios and maybe starting with the rest of the Murkwood Manor -including the Manor itself!
Let's hope for the best.
I'm pretty sure I'll only take some notes this time - I'm super sick an slept like 12h through and need to go to work til Saturday.
But I'm free next Werk! As soon as I'm feeling better I want to finish at least three bios and maybe starting with the rest of the Murkwood Manor -including the Manor itself!
Let's hope for the best.
cbEt44U.pnglAR8cRt.pngiYZYA9W.png0jScwbh.png1HxhWtd.png6m2ResQ.pngfwf0oTL.pngIkvam99.pngYPCKcE0.pngh8GgOlC.png
dyZM6SW.png
@After

Howdy! Mind if I join the pinglist? I'm trying to get back into writing lore for my Banescales, and this seems like just the way for me to get motivated.
@After

Howdy! Mind if I join the pinglist? I'm trying to get back into writing lore for my Banescales, and this seems like just the way for me to get motivated.
T7Qk8Sh.pngBVq8q9P.pngtj85yjR.pngnGvTyg3.pngAf2FgF8.png
It is a work day and I'm still getting over a cold. Not sure I'll get anything done that requires spare brain power today.

On the off-chance that I do, I'm trying to stick with my project of giving lore to my oldest dragons that have so far gone without. My current target, Lenka, is a challenge though... I've never really had a solid idea of any kind about what to do with her. Although she does seem to be leaning toward being an outgoing creative type - I used to say she was a nonspecific "performer", and an event a couple months ago gave me an idea that she might be a party/event planner. But what kind of events, what she does for them, etc. still eludes me.
It is a work day and I'm still getting over a cold. Not sure I'll get anything done that requires spare brain power today.

On the off-chance that I do, I'm trying to stick with my project of giving lore to my oldest dragons that have so far gone without. My current target, Lenka, is a challenge though... I've never really had a solid idea of any kind about what to do with her. Although she does seem to be leaning toward being an outgoing creative type - I used to say she was a nonspecific "performer", and an event a couple months ago gave me an idea that she might be a party/event planner. But what kind of events, what she does for them, etc. still eludes me.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
RNG chose Arorangi for today.

I got her as a mate for my flight unity legacy challenge, and I have no idea what to do with her. Her mate is a wanderer, so she probably travels around with him. Guess I'll have a think and see if anything comes to me.
RNG chose Arorangi for today.

I got her as a mate for my flight unity legacy challenge, and I have no idea what to do with her. Her mate is a wanderer, so she probably travels around with him. Guess I'll have a think and see if anything comes to me.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
I've dropped into a bit of an FR lull lately; IRL work's been picking back up again, and I feel like I [i]should[/i] be spending all my time on-site getting ready for NvP (which instead results in me...not spending time on site). But! Live and learn and write silly stories about dragons. [LIST] [*]Newest acquisition is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75345652]Trenchant[/url]; he's going to be a coli mage of some sort someday but for now I figure he's an apprentice. Could work out some details about him. [emoji=book size=1] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74845048]Greenbrier[/url]'s not as new, but she finally got her accent! Lairspace is kind of at a premium atm so she's still chilling in the Den. She's an innkeeper, I've decided today—time to figure out how a Plague clan does hospitality. [emoji=mystery bag size=1] [*]I could also try to make some more headway on a ruleset for my hypothetical future mirrorlocke that I will definitely do as soon as I have some actual lairspace that I don't immediately fill with new dragons. [emoji=mirror size=1] [*]RNG also suggested I take a look at [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65205819]Scorn[/url]. Since she's a loosely lore-integrated fandragon, I'm actually pretty content with her current bulletpoint bio. [list][*]But it does remind me of a question I've been waffling over since pretty much Day 1: Are my dragons the bad guys? It's a complicated issue I don't necessarily expect to resolve today, but I don't think it'd hurt to chew on it a little more. [emoji=deer skull size=1][/list] [/LIST]
I've dropped into a bit of an FR lull lately; IRL work's been picking back up again, and I feel like I should be spending all my time on-site getting ready for NvP (which instead results in me...not spending time on site).

But! Live and learn and write silly stories about dragons.
  • Newest acquisition is Trenchant; he's going to be a coli mage of some sort someday but for now I figure he's an apprentice. Could work out some details about him.
  • Greenbrier's not as new, but she finally got her accent! Lairspace is kind of at a premium atm so she's still chilling in the Den. She's an innkeeper, I've decided today—time to figure out how a Plague clan does hospitality.
  • I could also try to make some more headway on a ruleset for my hypothetical future mirrorlocke that I will definitely do as soon as I have some actual lairspace that I don't immediately fill with new dragons.
  • RNG also suggested I take a look at Scorn. Since she's a loosely lore-integrated fandragon, I'm actually pretty content with her current bulletpoint bio.
    • But it does remind me of a question I've been waffling over since pretty much Day 1: Are my dragons the bad guys? It's a complicated issue I don't necessarily expect to resolve today, but I don't think it'd hurt to chew on it a little more.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
Aibreanne’s bio is done! Storing lore development questions there because she’s a librarian, but her lore is complete.

Calibane & Verdaunt are almost completed. Still need to add their backstories/finish a few little details off.
Aibreanne’s bio is done! Storing lore development questions there because she’s a librarian, but her lore is complete.

Calibane & Verdaunt are almost completed. Still need to add their backstories/finish a few little details off.
1 2 ... 269 270 271 272 273 ... 280 281