Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 255 256 257 258 259 ... 280 281
Whee! It's one of those days! :) Good thing I got the whole bio layout thing set up for all 8 dragons that need lore, so all I have to do today is WRITE.

Here's hoping the kiddo is happy to play quietly next to me while I get some work done. Woot!

We can do this, peeps! *waves mom poms for everyone*
Whee! It's one of those days! :) Good thing I got the whole bio layout thing set up for all 8 dragons that need lore, so all I have to do today is WRITE.

Here's hoping the kiddo is happy to play quietly next to me while I get some work done. Woot!

We can do this, peeps! *waves mom poms for everyone*
AaYNmEX.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
JvUa9ma.png
_
Today I've revamped my precious boy's bio! Helix needed an upgrade from when I first made his bio, and oh boy does it look good. Helix's bio was the first one I'd had ever coded, and the upgrade reflects my current skills. I spent probably an hour and a half doing his bio, mostly because coding all those songs took a while. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57930117][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/579302/57930117_350.png[/img][/url] I plan on doing a few more bios hopefully around 8:00 FR time and 12:00 FR time. I'm hoping to get from Jazzy to Sakura in my den for lore today.
Today I've revamped my precious boy's bio! Helix needed an upgrade from when I first made his bio, and oh boy does it look good. Helix's bio was the first one I'd had ever coded, and the upgrade reflects my current skills. I spent probably an hour and a half doing his bio, mostly because coding all those songs took a while.
57930117_350.png

I plan on doing a few more bios hopefully around 8:00 FR time and 12:00 FR time. I'm hoping to get from Jazzy to Sakura in my den for lore today.
Hey I'm Helix|+2 FR Time| I collect Jade/Obsidian dragons regardless of the tert or Gen Check out my Accent shop!
I think it'd be neat to get something done today! I've missed a few! I'm thinking maybe as a reward for finishing the homework I need to do, though. And I'm not sure what lore to focus on...
I think it'd be neat to get something done today! I've missed a few! I'm thinking maybe as a reward for finishing the homework I need to do, though. And I'm not sure what lore to focus on...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Maybe I'll finally get all of the Guild of Osiris bios done. At the very least I should get Quinn's bio done
Maybe I'll finally get all of the Guild of Osiris bios done. At the very least I should get Quinn's bio done
sZShZzW.pngAgsJvab.pngasexual.pngbisexual.pngnon-binary.pngB8_R.pngT16.png
Hex0gCq.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/14314145][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/143142/14314145_350.png[/img][/url] Irazu is getting the love today! The Oddyssey Troupe has been in my lore for a long time, but I never actually worked to write it down outside a few blurbs. Even if Irazu's bio isn't finished today, the coding for it will be used to format the bios of the other troupe members, so even if the only thing I finish is the coding, I'll be happy!
14314145_350.png

Irazu is getting the love today! The Oddyssey Troupe has been in my lore for a long time, but I never actually worked to write it down outside a few blurbs.

Even if Irazu's bio isn't finished today, the coding for it will be used to format the bios of the other troupe members, so even if the only thing I finish is the coding, I'll be happy!
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
Wrote for three dragons today! One of them isn’t finished yet, but I’m hoping to get it done soon.

After changing his job, and wrestling with writing his bio for a while, I have finally finished Bronte’s profile! Pretty happy with it.

Also wrote a bio for Solanum. It’s the shortest one I’ve written so far, but couldn’t really think up much for him.

And Spinach got a bit of backstory.
Wrote for three dragons today! One of them isn’t finished yet, but I’m hoping to get it done soon.

After changing his job, and wrestling with writing his bio for a while, I have finally finished Bronte’s profile! Pretty happy with it.

Also wrote a bio for Solanum. It’s the shortest one I’ve written so far, but couldn’t really think up much for him.

And Spinach got a bit of backstory.
68626024.png
I've written for 3 dragons so far, hoping to get through 13 before the end of today. We'll see how it goes though.
I've written for 3 dragons so far, hoping to get through 13 before the end of today. We'll see how it goes though.
rjDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
Names are interesting! I liked the glimpse into "canon" naming conventions through the stories in Bounty of the Elements. First names seemed to mostly be your usual fantasy fare, usually just 1-3 syllables, sometimes a play on words, but often without any explicit meaning. Last names were a bit more literal and pretty much always related to element, many constructed in the fine tradition of mashing two English words together. ...and now I'm interested enough in spotting patterns that I've gone and listed them all by element. Some are guesses, with the story not being explicit about the flights of all the background dragons, but for these purposes I've assumed that dragons in the Fire story are from Fire, Earth from Earth, and so on. Last/family names are italicized. [LIST] [*][emoji=arcane rune size=1]: Smark [i]Crystalon[/i], Myrina, Bocco, Attora [*][emoji=earth rune size=1]: Galford [i]Rockbreaker[/i], Velya, Fetter, Mysher, Armik, Eora, Ebonhide, Trito, Almon [*][emoji=fire rune size=1]: Rancollo [i]Lavala[/i], Por, Haemil, Ventrik, Howle, Perchance [i]Smoak[/i], Gremmich [i]Maggmaw[/i], Carris [*][emoji=ice rune size=1]: Trendal [i]Rimeshank[/i], Wemba [i]Freezeclaw[/i], Magnu, Amara [i]Frostkeen[/i], Solveig, Vidar, Hertha, Asmund [*][emoji=light rune size=1]: Rish [i]Sunspark[/i], Gleam, [i]Luminax[/i], Evie [*][emoji=lightning rune size=1]: Beatrix [i]Thundrael[/i], Chasem, Flick, Dib, Craklinne, Gertrude [*][emoji=nature rune size=1]: Arwin [i]Petalhide[/i], Liefa [*][emoji=plague rune size=1]: Caryan [i]Spinehearth[/i], Yugona [i]Marrowbite[/i], Garote, Morix [*][emoji=shadow rune size=1]: Daria [i]Blotburrow[/i], Umbrann, Murken, Moth [*][emoji=water rune size=1]: Abyssael [i]Deeplake[/i], Aguar, Kamak, Splash, Tetra [*][emoji=wind rune size=1]: Grommick [i]Reedwing[/i] [*][emoji=beastclan rune size=1]: Tippa [/LIST] It was an interesting refresher on all the entries, phew! I'd forgotten there even was a Longneck in Jailbreak. Some of the solo names above might actually be last names, since they were accompanied by titles (Chief Craklinne, Patriarch Ebonhide, Warchief Morix, etc.), but I didn't have enough info to say for sure. ------ Speaking of names, I think I'm planning to adopt a dragon today, but one of the adoption conditions is that I have a name lined up already. I keep a text file with pretty much every possible name that pops into my head, but I've only ever used a few from it. They're...pretty random. So, gonna brainstorm some names today, maybe some lore for a new dragon I don't have yet!
Names are interesting! I liked the glimpse into "canon" naming conventions through the stories in Bounty of the Elements.

First names seemed to mostly be your usual fantasy fare, usually just 1-3 syllables, sometimes a play on words, but often without any explicit meaning. Last names were a bit more literal and pretty much always related to element, many constructed in the fine tradition of mashing two English words together.

...and now I'm interested enough in spotting patterns that I've gone and listed them all by element. Some are guesses, with the story not being explicit about the flights of all the background dragons, but for these purposes I've assumed that dragons in the Fire story are from Fire, Earth from Earth, and so on.

Last/family names are italicized.
  • : Smark Crystalon, Myrina, Bocco, Attora
  • : Galford Rockbreaker, Velya, Fetter, Mysher, Armik, Eora, Ebonhide, Trito, Almon
  • : Rancollo Lavala, Por, Haemil, Ventrik, Howle, Perchance Smoak, Gremmich Maggmaw, Carris
  • : Trendal Rimeshank, Wemba Freezeclaw, Magnu, Amara Frostkeen, Solveig, Vidar, Hertha, Asmund
  • : Rish Sunspark, Gleam, Luminax, Evie
  • : Beatrix Thundrael, Chasem, Flick, Dib, Craklinne, Gertrude
  • : Arwin Petalhide, Liefa
  • : Caryan Spinehearth, Yugona Marrowbite, Garote, Morix
  • : Daria Blotburrow, Umbrann, Murken, Moth
  • : Abyssael Deeplake, Aguar, Kamak, Splash, Tetra
  • : Grommick Reedwing
  • : Tippa
It was an interesting refresher on all the entries, phew! I'd forgotten there even was a Longneck in Jailbreak. Some of the solo names above might actually be last names, since they were accompanied by titles (Chief Craklinne, Patriarch Ebonhide, Warchief Morix, etc.), but I didn't have enough info to say for sure.

Speaking of names, I think I'm planning to adopt a dragon today, but one of the adoption conditions is that I have a name lined up already. I keep a text file with pretty much every possible name that pops into my head, but I've only ever used a few from it. They're...pretty random.

So, gonna brainstorm some names today, maybe some lore for a new dragon I don't have yet!
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
Its my birthday and I'm just reading everyone else's stuff in this thread today and taking it easy! That reminds me, I better go wake-up my obelisk statue to be this year's birthday dragon - who knows... maybe that along with all this reading will inspire some lore writing for today ^^ edit: took me a while to find it, but happy with the result! Honeydew, Shadow, Ginger [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72580503][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/725806/72580503_350.png[/img][/url] @8Spitfire8 @gardenparty YAY! :)
Its my birthday and I'm just reading everyone else's stuff in this thread today and taking it easy!
That reminds me, I better go wake-up my obelisk statue to be this year's birthday dragon - who knows... maybe that along with all this reading will inspire some lore writing for today ^^

edit:
took me a while to find it, but happy with the result!
Honeydew, Shadow, Ginger
72580503_350.png

@8Spitfire8 @gardenparty YAY! :)
qDkA25S.png
Welcome back, After.

Today, RNG chose Sienna for me to work on. I know nothing about her yet, so we'll see what happens.
Welcome back, After.

Today, RNG chose Sienna for me to work on. I know nothing about her yet, so we'll see what happens.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
1 2 ... 255 256 257 258 259 ... 280 281