Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 245 ... 280 281
aight mcc just got finished and it's inspired me to go conceptualize some lore so i'm going to go do that now :wave:
aight mcc just got finished and it's inspired me to go conceptualize some lore so i'm going to go do that now :wave:
CStGtqv.png
chaos makes the muse.
› zae(yrn) | any prns
about me
icon dragon
Had even less time that I thought I would, so there's not much done for GreatRedStorm. I'll try and get a bit more done for him and answer the lore questions between now and next Lore Whining Day.
Had even less time that I thought I would, so there's not much done for GreatRedStorm. I'll try and get a bit more done for him and answer the lore questions between now and next Lore Whining Day.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
Worked a bit more on a lore story I'm writing. As well as that, I wrote a...."bio" for my newly gened perma, Tiffin. More of a salad of words, if we're being honest. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70232516][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/702326/70232516_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
Worked a bit more on a lore story I'm writing. As well as that, I wrote a...."bio" for my newly gened perma, Tiffin. More of a salad of words, if we're being honest.

70232516_350.png
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
As I slept most of today, I've just thrown together a preliminary bio of one of my dragons! I think there's some tense inconsistency but I'm otherwise content with lore writing for today. Quick warning for talk of bugs/rats, there's nothing graphic or in-depth but if you're not a fan of them I just wanted to give you a heads up. ^^ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48201888][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/482019/48201888_350.png[/img][/url]
As I slept most of today, I've just thrown together a preliminary bio of one of my dragons! I think there's some tense inconsistency but I'm otherwise content with lore writing for today.

Quick warning for talk of bugs/rats, there's nothing graphic or in-depth but if you're not a fan of them I just wanted to give you a heads up. ^^

48201888_350.png
raccoon.png
  • What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?
    It tends to be slightly warm overall, but it cools quite a bit during the night. Since the clan is located right next to the sea of a thousand currents, it's quite humid.
  • How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?
    It rains quite frequently, though usually not in excess. Intense storms aren't common, but certainly aren't rare either. Flooding isn't usually an issue, but as the majority of the clan lives in a tunnel network there are a few precautions which I'll mention in a later prompt.
  • How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?
    The entire clan is nestled next to the sea of a thousand currents. As mentioned before the majority of the clan lives in a tunnel network, of which has been carved into the cliffside of the ashfall wastes, specifically that near the magma sanctum and churnscar wharf. The clan hasn't dug nearly far enough to encounter any lava or intense heat, as the tunnels tend to stay close to the cliffside. A few wander around the beaches of the churnscar wharf, which is quite flat.
  • What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
    As mentioned before, intense storms happen on occasion. While flooding is rare and hasn't posed much of a danger yet, multiple dragons are at least somewhat worried about it. Earthquakes, windstorms, and collapsing tunnels need to be watched out for as well.
    There are multiple escape tunnels and "flood tunnels" made specifically to reduce the water level in case of flooding. There are multiple ships out on the water which can be used as well. The buildings placed out on the seafront are set on land that is stable and a fair bit higher than the sea level at it's highest point. There are shelters in the cave network in case of windstorms, and the local inn has a basement lined with sturdier materials which dragons can hide in if they can't get to the cave in time during emergencies. Collapsing tunnels and caves are rare and often quite small, as every one has beams set in place to try and prevent them from collapsing, but on the chance they do happen dragons are instructed to evacuate immediately - except for personal dens, almost every cave has multiple exits.
    Every dragons that joins the clan in drilled on safety procedures in case of emergencies. Usually one of the guards/fighters will drill newcomers, or the precautious librarian.
  • How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
    There's a fair bit of magic coursing through the area, however with the Tidelord missing it has become significantly harder to cast difficult spells without aid. Mages who have trained for a long time and/or specifically in this area often are able to ignore this, however. There is a fairly decent collection of runestones which has slowly piled up, as multiple dragons in the clan enjoy gathering - and there hasn't been much of a need for large amounts of magic at once, so nobody has been using them except for research purposes.
  • What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
    There is a large amount of hermit crabs and river flights, the former partially due to one of the founder's and one of his daughter's fascination with them, and the latter simply due to location. They don't do very much, except for slowly draining the food and treasure stores... Dragons with these familiars and those who get up to similar antics have to be careful not to go near the treasury/hoard. However, it's not very much of a difference, and their presence is more often appreciated than not. One dragon who has been part of the clan for a very long time has a river flight familiar, of which is very friendly - due to this the only dragon who actively dislikes river flights is the treasurer. Most dragons tend to be a bit more resentful towards the crab population, but not many mention it due to one of the founder's and one of his daughter's fascination with them, as mentioned earlier.
    In terms of flora, there isn't really anything notable - however, one of the gardeners of the clan really likes peacevines, and has a large quantity of them in her den - though she's been very careful not to let them in any unwelcome areas. One of the other gardeners, on the other talon, is quite a bit more careless in that regard, and has had to relocate plants far too many times - it's very common to see seemingly random plants scattered in seemingly random areas around the clan.
  • Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
    Nothing in particular comes to mind... There are a few small beastclans around, but they're all kept closely in check and haven't posed much of a threat at all.
  • Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?
    There aren't really any other cave-dwelling clans nearby, so there isn't much to go off of, but the structure of it seems slightly more like something you'd find in a light clan than a water one, mainly due to the square and almost ancient-civilization-like windows and design. Other than that, well, it's a tunnel network - there isn't much to say. The buildings and settlements on the shore blend in quite nicely with those surrounding them, not appearing all that special, asides from the abundance of stained glass lanterns (a favorite of the clan's, there's always an abundance of them, and they make it quite easy to tell if an area belongs to or is allies with the clan)... Most of the buildings are made of wood, with a few having sections of stone and rock. Buildings don't often need to be replaced, but things sometimes need to be repaired due to the occasional storms - however, the buildings are generally suited to the weather, so this usually isn't disasterous.
  • What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?
    It tends to be slightly warm overall, but it cools quite a bit during the night. Since the clan is located right next to the sea of a thousand currents, it's quite humid.
  • How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?
    It rains quite frequently, though usually not in excess. Intense storms aren't common, but certainly aren't rare either. Flooding isn't usually an issue, but as the majority of the clan lives in a tunnel network there are a few precautions which I'll mention in a later prompt.
  • How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?
    The entire clan is nestled next to the sea of a thousand currents. As mentioned before the majority of the clan lives in a tunnel network, of which has been carved into the cliffside of the ashfall wastes, specifically that near the magma sanctum and churnscar wharf. The clan hasn't dug nearly far enough to encounter any lava or intense heat, as the tunnels tend to stay close to the cliffside. A few wander around the beaches of the churnscar wharf, which is quite flat.
  • What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
    As mentioned before, intense storms happen on occasion. While flooding is rare and hasn't posed much of a danger yet, multiple dragons are at least somewhat worried about it. Earthquakes, windstorms, and collapsing tunnels need to be watched out for as well.
    There are multiple escape tunnels and "flood tunnels" made specifically to reduce the water level in case of flooding. There are multiple ships out on the water which can be used as well. The buildings placed out on the seafront are set on land that is stable and a fair bit higher than the sea level at it's highest point. There are shelters in the cave network in case of windstorms, and the local inn has a basement lined with sturdier materials which dragons can hide in if they can't get to the cave in time during emergencies. Collapsing tunnels and caves are rare and often quite small, as every one has beams set in place to try and prevent them from collapsing, but on the chance they do happen dragons are instructed to evacuate immediately - except for personal dens, almost every cave has multiple exits.
    Every dragons that joins the clan in drilled on safety procedures in case of emergencies. Usually one of the guards/fighters will drill newcomers, or the precautious librarian.
  • How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
    There's a fair bit of magic coursing through the area, however with the Tidelord missing it has become significantly harder to cast difficult spells without aid. Mages who have trained for a long time and/or specifically in this area often are able to ignore this, however. There is a fairly decent collection of runestones which has slowly piled up, as multiple dragons in the clan enjoy gathering - and there hasn't been much of a need for large amounts of magic at once, so nobody has been using them except for research purposes.
  • What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
    There is a large amount of hermit crabs and river flights, the former partially due to one of the founder's and one of his daughter's fascination with them, and the latter simply due to location. They don't do very much, except for slowly draining the food and treasure stores... Dragons with these familiars and those who get up to similar antics have to be careful not to go near the treasury/hoard. However, it's not very much of a difference, and their presence is more often appreciated than not. One dragon who has been part of the clan for a very long time has a river flight familiar, of which is very friendly - due to this the only dragon who actively dislikes river flights is the treasurer. Most dragons tend to be a bit more resentful towards the crab population, but not many mention it due to one of the founder's and one of his daughter's fascination with them, as mentioned earlier.
    In terms of flora, there isn't really anything notable - however, one of the gardeners of the clan really likes peacevines, and has a large quantity of them in her den - though she's been very careful not to let them in any unwelcome areas. One of the other gardeners, on the other talon, is quite a bit more careless in that regard, and has had to relocate plants far too many times - it's very common to see seemingly random plants scattered in seemingly random areas around the clan.
  • Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
    Nothing in particular comes to mind... There are a few small beastclans around, but they're all kept closely in check and haven't posed much of a threat at all.
  • Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?
    There aren't really any other cave-dwelling clans nearby, so there isn't much to go off of, but the structure of it seems slightly more like something you'd find in a light clan than a water one, mainly due to the square and almost ancient-civilization-like windows and design. Other than that, well, it's a tunnel network - there isn't much to say. The buildings and settlements on the shore blend in quite nicely with those surrounding them, not appearing all that special, asides from the abundance of stained glass lanterns (a favorite of the clan's, there's always an abundance of them, and they make it quite easy to tell if an area belongs to or is allies with the clan)... Most of the buildings are made of wood, with a few having sections of stone and rock. Buildings don't often need to be replaced, but things sometimes need to be repaired due to the occasional storms - however, the buildings are generally suited to the weather, so this usually isn't disasterous.
Activity fluctuates.
If I don't respond to
something for a while, please
PM me to get my attention!

Comfort dragon
X tumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
Coming back to answer these questions before tomorrow's Whining Day arrives.

What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?
My clan is on the edge of the Shrieking Wilds in the Viridian Labyrinth. According to Site Lore, it should be jungle, but I've ignored that. My clan is located in a mossy glen amongst temperate woodland. Temperatures are mild around the clan and usually dry, though there are spikes both ways in temperature and occasionally it gets humid.

How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?
Fairly often there's rain. Sometimes downpours. Very rarely is there draught.
Careful terraforming and the inclusion of drainage ditches greatly reduced the risk of floods. During prolonged periods of rain the area does sometimes flood. A couple of times in the early days of the clan, the main den entrance had to be sealed with magic to prevent the place from flooding. Now days, when the rain lingers too long, Weather Wizard Glen will nudge the clouds along so they rain elsewhere.

How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?
A mossy glen within temperate woodland. A massive old oak tree covered in moss sits in the centre of the clan's lands, under which is the clan's lair.

What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
Flooding is about the only problem I think, and I already covered that above. In case Glen can't shift the rain, the clan basically hunkers down and raises the barriers.

How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
Nature magic is abundant. Other elements can find the natural occurrences of other elements, like sunlight for light or rain for water, though these are weaker than when drawn directly from the element's territory. Tools such as Fathomsearch Spirit Jugs, or Will o' the Embers contain elemental magic that can be drawn upon. The clan also has a collection of Runestones.
Though most will not need more that their own naturally replenishing stores anyway. The clan's pretty peaceful.

What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
So many! The clan keeps any species foreign to the region under close control so it doesn't negatively impact the environment. There's lots of moss and mushrooms.
I'll have to think more on individual species because that'll be some nice detail.

Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
It's called the Viridian Labyrinth for a reason. Don't go without a guide if you do not know the local terrain. You might just accidentally wander into a Goldenbeast nursery and get attacked by protective mothers.

Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?
The clan very much blends in with the terrain. Most of the lair is dug into the ground. Above ground buildings are carefully woven living structures. Those need regular pruning.
Coming back to answer these questions before tomorrow's Whining Day arrives.

What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?
My clan is on the edge of the Shrieking Wilds in the Viridian Labyrinth. According to Site Lore, it should be jungle, but I've ignored that. My clan is located in a mossy glen amongst temperate woodland. Temperatures are mild around the clan and usually dry, though there are spikes both ways in temperature and occasionally it gets humid.

How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?
Fairly often there's rain. Sometimes downpours. Very rarely is there draught.
Careful terraforming and the inclusion of drainage ditches greatly reduced the risk of floods. During prolonged periods of rain the area does sometimes flood. A couple of times in the early days of the clan, the main den entrance had to be sealed with magic to prevent the place from flooding. Now days, when the rain lingers too long, Weather Wizard Glen will nudge the clouds along so they rain elsewhere.

How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?
A mossy glen within temperate woodland. A massive old oak tree covered in moss sits in the centre of the clan's lands, under which is the clan's lair.

What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
Flooding is about the only problem I think, and I already covered that above. In case Glen can't shift the rain, the clan basically hunkers down and raises the barriers.

How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
Nature magic is abundant. Other elements can find the natural occurrences of other elements, like sunlight for light or rain for water, though these are weaker than when drawn directly from the element's territory. Tools such as Fathomsearch Spirit Jugs, or Will o' the Embers contain elemental magic that can be drawn upon. The clan also has a collection of Runestones.
Though most will not need more that their own naturally replenishing stores anyway. The clan's pretty peaceful.

What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
So many! The clan keeps any species foreign to the region under close control so it doesn't negatively impact the environment. There's lots of moss and mushrooms.
I'll have to think more on individual species because that'll be some nice detail.

Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
It's called the Viridian Labyrinth for a reason. Don't go without a guide if you do not know the local terrain. You might just accidentally wander into a Goldenbeast nursery and get attacked by protective mothers.

Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?
The clan very much blends in with the terrain. Most of the lair is dug into the ground. Above ground buildings are carefully woven living structures. Those need regular pruning.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090][img]https://i.imgur.com/eBuSJIs.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895661][img]https://i.imgur.com/ezh4uhR.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895662][img]https://i.imgur.com/dGEWtGC.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895663][img]https://i.imgur.com/hn8MkKv.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895665][img]https://i.imgur.com/2E4Zyyu.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895666][img]https://i.imgur.com/HQeyQv3.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895667][img]https://i.imgur.com/N1nfo0t.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895670][img]https://i.imgur.com/8Y6I48w.png[/img][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rNvxBPg.png[/img] BOY THIS IS A BUSY WEEK. Heads up, folks, this is your reminder ping: tomorrow, August 4th, is a Lore Whining Day! And after that we've got ~*[i]Warrior's Way[/i]*~, right alongside the second half of a big Dom battle, whew! We don't know much at all about WW right now of course, but given that we do know it's for "warriors, smiths, armorers, and other ferocious, like-minded creatures," this LWD's prompts will focus around just that! For folks busy chucking dragons at Earthdad and Tidepop, perhaps you can ponder these during break times. :D (And don't forget to drink water and take care of y'all's wrists!) [LIST] [*]What's the weaponry in your clan like? Do your dragons use swords and other close-range weapons, go long-range with bows and arrows, prefer big and bulky things like maces? Is a particular weapon common (ex. a group of guards all using the same kind of spear) or does each individual have their own specialty? [*]Does your clan scavenge weapons from defeated foes, buy/trade for them, and/or make their own? What's the quality like, are they just good enough to get the job done or is there skilled craftsmanship and artistry involved? [*]How prevalent is magic? Are weapons imbued with any magical effects? Major or minor? [*]Several NotN familiars are weapon mimics. Is this something your clan has to worry about? [*]How important/common is armor? What about shields? As with weapons, is there any special quality (or lack thereof) in their make? [*]How common are warriors in your clan? Is combat/defense a large focus, or are clan efforts focused elsewhere? Is there a specific group that handles combat/related activities? [*]What's combat training like? How long does it last? What about effectiveness, are trainees taught well or do instructors employ questionable methods? Does your clan train their own warriors, or are they hired/otherwise pulled in from other areas (ex. mercenaries)? [*]If your clan does train their warriors, is a specific individual or a group in charge of overseeing it? Or is training handled by whoever volunteers/has free time? [*]Is there a cohesive combat style, or does each dragon do their own thing? Are there any tricks or techniques unique to your clan's fighters? [*]What about strategy? Do warriors approach combat with solid tactics in mind or do they take the "hit it until it dies" route to debatable effect? [*]What traditions or customs are there, if any? (Regarding training, weapon-/armor-making, combat itself, etc.) [/LIST] Good luck, everyone! ovo)b [size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][color=transparent]@Quis @Brickbat @Mypilot @kiwipen @SparkyLurkdragon @Kaibutsu @Pensacola @Kauria @WolfandCrow @Orodruin @spideydevil @CassieRose @Amut @Coincidence @Leopardmask @DraigTeg @Redtiger7736 @Rvan @Mnkn10 @Bxy26 @BarbaraFett @psychae @HSoup @ufology @Breshcandra @jotunn @FaerieQueene @Poiichy @Kneph @Fluffmuffler @PlanetariumPixel @Demesne @Natron @Stolen @hypomargoteros @AryaWolf19 @Elaendorlien @WhisperingWoe @taniquetil @HoraDusk @smeen @Lixue @Azurenight @Toxtricity @GrinningWolf24 @dragonpals @makyroll @Severynn @HurricaneWinds @spiderdew @Bronzewing @DragonWolfie @foxshapedshadows @Hyzenthlaay @Snek @Klawzor @LegallyInsane @VenaCava @Watercolour @Aikka @DilsDoes @Alicio @ironical @Tues @cloena @SkySerenade @cartographic @Talismarr @Birdsofwax @ulvesang @Lendri @SouthernHawker @Deramadus @Alphazi @Emordnilap @LaughingMagician @Melova @velvetpaws @Oranitha @StormcatcherHere @styygian @astramaru @DTEvie @ghostlyplants @Clownz @ClearBright @Phaedra @ArtemisHalfMoon @Pachirisu @Valoria @Sekine @Zikitty @Shegrasi @Jaakisaur @SnoringHyena @Aztec @dancingcrane @Papayatar @Seabi @irradiatedsnakes @AlmightyAmu @inkfrog @slimecicle @xev @UnknownWish @Baizhu @Amayai @EmeraldSands315 @SariStar @caelafireheart @Mistwhisker @phoenixoflegend @talyra @gap @huniepie @CrystalDragon14 @TeenyTK @Loghrif @MelanieScribbles @LouCat @AndromedaFlight @Soulthreads @DewFeather @Aserein @LapisWings @
eBuSJIs.pngezh4uhR.pngdGEWtGC.pnghn8MkKv.png2E4Zyyu.pngHQeyQv3.pngN1nfo0t.png8Y6I48w.png
rNvxBPg.png

BOY THIS IS A BUSY WEEK. Heads up, folks, this is your reminder ping: tomorrow, August 4th, is a Lore Whining Day! And after that we've got ~*Warrior's Way*~, right alongside the second half of a big Dom battle, whew!

We don't know much at all about WW right now of course, but given that we do know it's for "warriors, smiths, armorers, and other ferocious, like-minded creatures," this LWD's prompts will focus around just that! For folks busy chucking dragons at Earthdad and Tidepop, perhaps you can ponder these during break times. :D (And don't forget to drink water and take care of y'all's wrists!)

• What's the weaponry in your clan like? Do your dragons use swords and other close-range weapons, go long-range with bows and arrows, prefer big and bulky things like maces? Is a particular weapon common (ex. a group of guards all using the same kind of spear) or does each individual have their own specialty?
  • Does your clan scavenge weapons from defeated foes, buy/trade for them, and/or make their own? What's the quality like, are they just good enough to get the job done or is there skilled craftsmanship and artistry involved?
  • How prevalent is magic? Are weapons imbued with any magical effects? Major or minor?
  • Several NotN familiars are weapon mimics. Is this something your clan has to worry about?
  • How important/common is armor? What about shields? As with weapons, is there any special quality (or lack thereof) in their make?
  • How common are warriors in your clan? Is combat/defense a large focus, or are clan efforts focused elsewhere? Is there a specific group that handles combat/related activities?
  • What's combat training like? How long does it last? What about effectiveness, are trainees taught well or do instructors employ questionable methods? Does your clan train their own warriors, or are they hired/otherwise pulled in from other areas (ex. mercenaries)?
  • If your clan does train their warriors, is a specific individual or a group in charge of overseeing it? Or is training handled by whoever volunteers/has free time?
  • Is there a cohesive combat style, or does each dragon do their own thing? Are there any tricks or techniques unique to your clan's fighters?
  • What about strategy? Do warriors approach combat with solid tactics in mind or do they take the "hit it until it dies" route to debatable effect?
  • What traditions or customs are there, if any? (Regarding training, weapon-/armor-making, combat itself, etc.)

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Brickbat @Mypilot @kiwipen @SparkyLurkdragon @Kaibutsu @Pensacola @Kauria @WolfandCrow @Orodruin @spideydevil @CassieRose @Amut @Coincidence @Leopardmask @DraigTeg @Redtiger7736 @Rvan @Mnkn10 @Bxy26 @BarbaraFett @psychae @HSoup @ufology @Breshcandra @jotunn @FaerieQueene @Poiichy @Kneph @Fluffmuffler @PlanetariumPixel @Demesne @Natron @Stolen @hypomargoteros @AryaWolf19 @Elaendorlien @WhisperingWoe @taniquetil @HoraDusk @smeen @Lixue @Azurenight @Toxtricity @GrinningWolf24 @dragonpals @makyroll @Severynn @HurricaneWinds @spiderdew @Bronzewing @DragonWolfie @foxshapedshadows @Hyzenthlaay @Snek @Klawzor @LegallyInsane @VenaCava @Watercolour @Aikka @DilsDoes @Alicio @ironical @Tues @cloena @SkySerenade @cartographic @Talismarr @Birdsofwax @ulvesang @Lendri @SouthernHawker @Deramadus @Alphazi @Emordnilap @LaughingMagician @Melova @velvetpaws @Oranitha @StormcatcherHere @styygian @astramaru @DTEvie @ghostlyplants @Clownz @ClearBright @Phaedra @ArtemisHalfMoon @Pachirisu @Valoria @Sekine @Zikitty @Shegrasi @Jaakisaur @SnoringHyena @Aztec @dancingcrane @Papayatar @Seabi @irradiatedsnakes @AlmightyAmu @inkfrog @slimecicle @xev @UnknownWish @Baizhu @Amayai @EmeraldSands315 @SariStar @caelafireheart @Mistwhisker @phoenixoflegend @talyra @gap @huniepie @CrystalDragon14 @TeenyTK @Loghrif @MelanieScribbles @LouCat @AndromedaFlight @Soulthreads @DewFeather @Aserein @LapisWings @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
What's the weaponry in your clan like? Do your dragons use swords and other close-range weapons, go long-range with bows and arrows, prefer big and bulky things like maces? Is a particular weapon common (ex. a group of guards all using the same kind of spear) or does each individual have their own specialty?
There are no standards, but the most common weapons would be long-range ones, such as spears or arrows. Most, however, prefer to use magic or traps, or their own teeth and claws. Everyone has their own preferences and are not required to use a specific weapon, but some individuals may be banned from using a certain type of weapon.

Hatchlings, of course, are not permitted to use any unless they are Shea. The slingshot is their signature weapon, and they manage to use it with surprising accuracy. sss has magic cards, and she throws them like shurikens, which consequently makes her a pro at frisbee.

Does your clan scavenge weapons from defeated foes, buy/trade for them, and/or make their own? What's the quality like, are they just good enough to get the job done or is there skilled craftsmanship and artistry involved?
Anything is valid, though crafting one's own weapon is a symbol of competence. Stealing those of defeated foes is the most convenient strategy, though lower quality ones will be sold/traded to less established clans. They don't need the money, but they have even less use for inferior weaponry.

Weapons are often crafted out of wood or jade. Rock and metal are the most common materials, however. Only skilled dragons craft weapons of wood, as they are susceptible to destruction in many ways, especially with how much it rains in the region. Jade weapons are of the highest quality. Common dragons cannot use these weapons without first being trained well, as they are often guarded by various enchantments. One spear, owned by clan patriarch Wolfsong, is over two centuries old and is still lethally sharp. It is both extravagant and efficient, and never misses its target.

How prevalent is magic? Are weapons imbued with any magical effects? Major or minor?
Magic is very prevalent. Starting with the aforementioned jade weapons, they are first enchanted with a basic protection spell - the equivalent of "don't shatter". If they are to be used by a high-ranking or otherwise important dragon, other spells will be cast upon it. These can range from hiding it from the eyes of outsiders to lengthening its range/power.

Other weapons, such as wooden or rock ones, may be imbued with an "insurance" effect, where it cannot splinter/chip for a length of time. These spells have to be renewed every moon or so, however, as they do wear off with time.

Several NotN familiars are weapon mimics. Is this something your clan has to worry about?
No. The mimics are free to wander around as they like, so long as they aren't a hazard to vulnerable creatures and stay out

How important/common is armor? What about shields? As with weapons, is there any special quality (or lack thereof) in their make?
lmao what kind of idiot needs armor? Such incompetence. *stereotypical superior prodigy vibes*

Seriously though, unless someone is training and they're new at it, no one wears armor. Since most dragons use magic and/or long distance weapons, armor is completely unnecessary. Some set traps and others go for an ambush attack, but most of the time the worst you'll get is a bad scratch or twisted ankle. If you get mortally wounded, Permafrost is always there to turn you into a plant.

How common are warriors in your clan? Is combat/defense a large focus, or are clan efforts focused elsewhere? Is there a specific group that handles combat/related activities?
No. The clan has a whole freaking magical labyrinth to defend it. Of course, everyone can fight, even if not well, but it's not a main focus at all.

What's combat training like? How long does it last? What about effectiveness, are trainees taught well or do instructors employ questionable methods? Does your clan train their own warriors, or are they hired/otherwise pulled in from other areas (ex. mercenaries)?
Once they reach one year of age, dragons are taught for six months in basic combat skills. If they wish to continue in any areas of battle, a dragon skilled in that form of combat will tutor them until they no longer require teaching or want to focus on something else. Training is very flexible, and up until "advanced" lessons they aren't very intense. All lessons are highly precise, however, and focus much on the "why" of things as well as the "how" and "when".

Most dragons only take on at most three "advanced" courses at any given time, to prevent burnout.

If your clan does train their warriors, is a specific individual or a group in charge of overseeing it? Or is training handled by whoever volunteers/has free time?
Basic combat training can be offered by whoever is available and capable. While hatchlings will usually stick to one coach, the available trainers cycle all the time.

If they choose to continue their training, though, there are set teachers. These are the most capable dragons in the clan willing to spend time tutoring others in the ways of...

CLAW COMBAT - The art of using one's own body to defeat an enemy. Weapons range from teeth and claws to elbows and tails. Darke used to teach this, but has now mostly passed it on to his daughter Strikae.
ARCHERY/DARTS - The art of using arrows to vaccinate defeat an enemy or subdue a creature. Taught by Prism, probably.
SPEAR/HARPOON/JAVELIN COMBAT - The art of using a long stick to defeat an enemy. Moonflower teaches this. Strikae could too, provided she had time.
DAGGER/KNIFE COMBAT - The art of using a short, sharp object to defeat an enemy. Also taught by Moonflower, and sometimes Strikae.
SCYTHE COMBAT - The art of using a curved blade to defeat an enemy. Taught by Strikae.
MACE/AXE COMBAT - The art of using a spiked or bladed bludgeon to defeat an enemy or crack open a coconut. Taught by Wild. He's a questionable teacher at best, but no one else wants to teach hatchlings how to properly wield an axe.
WHIP COMBAT - The art of using a long rope or string to defeat an enemy or subdue a creature. Taught also by Wild, because he's the only one that enthusiastic about it.
CARD/SHURIKEN THROWING - The art of tossing a flat, sharp object like a frisbee to defeat an enemy. Taught by sss.
Let's all take a moment to applaud Strikae's patience in dealing with these young whippersnappers.

MAGIC AND MELEE - The art of using magic to bolster your chances of victory. Can be mixed with any other form of fighting, especially physical. Taught by no one in particular; any mage willing to teach can.
SCRATCH-BASED SORCERY - The art of using the adrenaline of battle to build up a solid foundation of breath for magical attacks. Taught by Miyu, Delwyn, and Eleint.
MEDITATIVE SORCERY - The art of using the calm between attacks dodged attacks to build up a solid foundation of breath for magical attacks. Taught by Miyu, Eleint, and Prism.
FORTE SORCERY - The art of using raw talent or skill to generate a solid foundation of breath for magical attacks. Though the name is rather odd, forte sorcerers require no preparation to fight and are very skilled in many magical subjects. Taught by Permafrost. Dewdrop also teaches, but prefers to work with only one student at a time, to hone their skills as best as possible.

Is there a cohesive combat style, or does each dragon do their own thing? Are there any tricks or techniques unique to your clan's fighters?
Be fast. If you are incapable of this, be strong and unmoved. With this basic rule in mind, teaching is honed to the dragon learning's abilities, and not the other way around. There are many tricks to learn, some of which could save your life, but the most important one is carved into the "plaza" section of the lair:

Be like the sky. Never know your next move, only your opponent's vision.

What about strategy? Do warriors approach combat with solid tactics in mind or do they take the "hit it until it dies" route to debatable effect?
There's various working strategies, but if you've been taught by Wild, or if you are Wild, then "hit it until it dies" would be the go-to option. Dragons are taught to assess a situation clearly before jumping to fighting, as talking your way out of trouble is much easier - and safer in the long run - than immediately attacking a questionable dragon. If you are ambushed, however, Wild's advice to "fight like a cornered skycat" is correct.

What traditions or customs are there, if any? (Regarding training, weapon-/armor-making, combat itself, etc.)
Jade weapons are crafted with impossible precision. Each often has intricate designs carved into the blade, shaft, or handle, and the materials are of the highest quality. They are streamlined to perfection and stored in their own cases in their own vault, as an extra precaution.

In combat... I don't know why there would be traditions instilled. Afterwards, perhaps, as respect to the opponent, but not during. If one must fight dirty, there are no consequences.
What's the weaponry in your clan like? Do your dragons use swords and other close-range weapons, go long-range with bows and arrows, prefer big and bulky things like maces? Is a particular weapon common (ex. a group of guards all using the same kind of spear) or does each individual have their own specialty?
There are no standards, but the most common weapons would be long-range ones, such as spears or arrows. Most, however, prefer to use magic or traps, or their own teeth and claws. Everyone has their own preferences and are not required to use a specific weapon, but some individuals may be banned from using a certain type of weapon.

Hatchlings, of course, are not permitted to use any unless they are Shea. The slingshot is their signature weapon, and they manage to use it with surprising accuracy. sss has magic cards, and she throws them like shurikens, which consequently makes her a pro at frisbee.

Does your clan scavenge weapons from defeated foes, buy/trade for them, and/or make their own? What's the quality like, are they just good enough to get the job done or is there skilled craftsmanship and artistry involved?
Anything is valid, though crafting one's own weapon is a symbol of competence. Stealing those of defeated foes is the most convenient strategy, though lower quality ones will be sold/traded to less established clans. They don't need the money, but they have even less use for inferior weaponry.

Weapons are often crafted out of wood or jade. Rock and metal are the most common materials, however. Only skilled dragons craft weapons of wood, as they are susceptible to destruction in many ways, especially with how much it rains in the region. Jade weapons are of the highest quality. Common dragons cannot use these weapons without first being trained well, as they are often guarded by various enchantments. One spear, owned by clan patriarch Wolfsong, is over two centuries old and is still lethally sharp. It is both extravagant and efficient, and never misses its target.

How prevalent is magic? Are weapons imbued with any magical effects? Major or minor?
Magic is very prevalent. Starting with the aforementioned jade weapons, they are first enchanted with a basic protection spell - the equivalent of "don't shatter". If they are to be used by a high-ranking or otherwise important dragon, other spells will be cast upon it. These can range from hiding it from the eyes of outsiders to lengthening its range/power.

Other weapons, such as wooden or rock ones, may be imbued with an "insurance" effect, where it cannot splinter/chip for a length of time. These spells have to be renewed every moon or so, however, as they do wear off with time.

Several NotN familiars are weapon mimics. Is this something your clan has to worry about?
No. The mimics are free to wander around as they like, so long as they aren't a hazard to vulnerable creatures and stay out

How important/common is armor? What about shields? As with weapons, is there any special quality (or lack thereof) in their make?
lmao what kind of idiot needs armor? Such incompetence. *stereotypical superior prodigy vibes*

Seriously though, unless someone is training and they're new at it, no one wears armor. Since most dragons use magic and/or long distance weapons, armor is completely unnecessary. Some set traps and others go for an ambush attack, but most of the time the worst you'll get is a bad scratch or twisted ankle. If you get mortally wounded, Permafrost is always there to turn you into a plant.

How common are warriors in your clan? Is combat/defense a large focus, or are clan efforts focused elsewhere? Is there a specific group that handles combat/related activities?
No. The clan has a whole freaking magical labyrinth to defend it. Of course, everyone can fight, even if not well, but it's not a main focus at all.

What's combat training like? How long does it last? What about effectiveness, are trainees taught well or do instructors employ questionable methods? Does your clan train their own warriors, or are they hired/otherwise pulled in from other areas (ex. mercenaries)?
Once they reach one year of age, dragons are taught for six months in basic combat skills. If they wish to continue in any areas of battle, a dragon skilled in that form of combat will tutor them until they no longer require teaching or want to focus on something else. Training is very flexible, and up until "advanced" lessons they aren't very intense. All lessons are highly precise, however, and focus much on the "why" of things as well as the "how" and "when".

Most dragons only take on at most three "advanced" courses at any given time, to prevent burnout.

If your clan does train their warriors, is a specific individual or a group in charge of overseeing it? Or is training handled by whoever volunteers/has free time?
Basic combat training can be offered by whoever is available and capable. While hatchlings will usually stick to one coach, the available trainers cycle all the time.

If they choose to continue their training, though, there are set teachers. These are the most capable dragons in the clan willing to spend time tutoring others in the ways of...

CLAW COMBAT - The art of using one's own body to defeat an enemy. Weapons range from teeth and claws to elbows and tails. Darke used to teach this, but has now mostly passed it on to his daughter Strikae.
ARCHERY/DARTS - The art of using arrows to vaccinate defeat an enemy or subdue a creature. Taught by Prism, probably.
SPEAR/HARPOON/JAVELIN COMBAT - The art of using a long stick to defeat an enemy. Moonflower teaches this. Strikae could too, provided she had time.
DAGGER/KNIFE COMBAT - The art of using a short, sharp object to defeat an enemy. Also taught by Moonflower, and sometimes Strikae.
SCYTHE COMBAT - The art of using a curved blade to defeat an enemy. Taught by Strikae.
MACE/AXE COMBAT - The art of using a spiked or bladed bludgeon to defeat an enemy or crack open a coconut. Taught by Wild. He's a questionable teacher at best, but no one else wants to teach hatchlings how to properly wield an axe.
WHIP COMBAT - The art of using a long rope or string to defeat an enemy or subdue a creature. Taught also by Wild, because he's the only one that enthusiastic about it.
CARD/SHURIKEN THROWING - The art of tossing a flat, sharp object like a frisbee to defeat an enemy. Taught by sss.
Let's all take a moment to applaud Strikae's patience in dealing with these young whippersnappers.

MAGIC AND MELEE - The art of using magic to bolster your chances of victory. Can be mixed with any other form of fighting, especially physical. Taught by no one in particular; any mage willing to teach can.
SCRATCH-BASED SORCERY - The art of using the adrenaline of battle to build up a solid foundation of breath for magical attacks. Taught by Miyu, Delwyn, and Eleint.
MEDITATIVE SORCERY - The art of using the calm between attacks dodged attacks to build up a solid foundation of breath for magical attacks. Taught by Miyu, Eleint, and Prism.
FORTE SORCERY - The art of using raw talent or skill to generate a solid foundation of breath for magical attacks. Though the name is rather odd, forte sorcerers require no preparation to fight and are very skilled in many magical subjects. Taught by Permafrost. Dewdrop also teaches, but prefers to work with only one student at a time, to hone their skills as best as possible.

Is there a cohesive combat style, or does each dragon do their own thing? Are there any tricks or techniques unique to your clan's fighters?
Be fast. If you are incapable of this, be strong and unmoved. With this basic rule in mind, teaching is honed to the dragon learning's abilities, and not the other way around. There are many tricks to learn, some of which could save your life, but the most important one is carved into the "plaza" section of the lair:

Be like the sky. Never know your next move, only your opponent's vision.

What about strategy? Do warriors approach combat with solid tactics in mind or do they take the "hit it until it dies" route to debatable effect?
There's various working strategies, but if you've been taught by Wild, or if you are Wild, then "hit it until it dies" would be the go-to option. Dragons are taught to assess a situation clearly before jumping to fighting, as talking your way out of trouble is much easier - and safer in the long run - than immediately attacking a questionable dragon. If you are ambushed, however, Wild's advice to "fight like a cornered skycat" is correct.

What traditions or customs are there, if any? (Regarding training, weapon-/armor-making, combat itself, etc.)
Jade weapons are crafted with impossible precision. Each often has intricate designs carved into the blade, shaft, or handle, and the materials are of the highest quality. They are streamlined to perfection and stored in their own cases in their own vault, as an extra precaution.

In combat... I don't know why there would be traditions instilled. Afterwards, perhaps, as respect to the opponent, but not during. If one must fight dirty, there are no consequences.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
(let's hope this post isn’t too long!)

The weaponry is quite varied; swords, spears, bows, pretty much whatever the specific dragon is most comfortable using. The most common weapon is a sword, however.

The weapons are most of the time created by skilled dragons within the walls of Kubari, though they are sometimes bought from other kingdoms. The weapons are of high quality, and it takes many years for one to be of no use anymore.

Though there are multiple magic users inside of the kingdom, magic is seldom used on the battlefield. No weapons have been infused with magical energy, nor is magic used in any way to harm another dragon on the field of battle.

Not commonly, as many dragons are unable to control such creatures, but in the rare chance that a dragon does have to go up against one of these mimics, they will most likely be trained in how to fight them.

Armor is used by every dragon on the battlefield and is very important to a dragon's safety. Shields, on the other hand, are not as commonly used, as dragons are more often than not trained to dodge incoming attacks.

Warriors, known as Eagles, are quite common in Kubari. The walls of the kingdom were built specifically to keep safe during times of war, and there are expansive training grounds inside of the walls, so combat and defense are quite a large focus. Combat and related activities are usually handled by the Eagles and their now one General, Luciana.

Combat training lasts about a year most of the time but even experienced Eagles train every so often. The trainees are taught well, and by other members of the kingdom.

Training is commonly handled by whoever volunteers for the day, but the General also trains new Eagles quite a bit.

Combat is always directed by the General, who has quite a busy job on her own after the other General was imprisoned. There aren’t that many unique techniques unless a specific dragon develops one themselves.

As stated before, the combat is directed by the General, who always makes sure there is strategy and tactics in every fight, especially since a... certain dragon was lost on the battlefield.

There aren’t any certain traditions or customs that I can think of.
(let's hope this post isn’t too long!)

The weaponry is quite varied; swords, spears, bows, pretty much whatever the specific dragon is most comfortable using. The most common weapon is a sword, however.

The weapons are most of the time created by skilled dragons within the walls of Kubari, though they are sometimes bought from other kingdoms. The weapons are of high quality, and it takes many years for one to be of no use anymore.

Though there are multiple magic users inside of the kingdom, magic is seldom used on the battlefield. No weapons have been infused with magical energy, nor is magic used in any way to harm another dragon on the field of battle.

Not commonly, as many dragons are unable to control such creatures, but in the rare chance that a dragon does have to go up against one of these mimics, they will most likely be trained in how to fight them.

Armor is used by every dragon on the battlefield and is very important to a dragon's safety. Shields, on the other hand, are not as commonly used, as dragons are more often than not trained to dodge incoming attacks.

Warriors, known as Eagles, are quite common in Kubari. The walls of the kingdom were built specifically to keep safe during times of war, and there are expansive training grounds inside of the walls, so combat and defense are quite a large focus. Combat and related activities are usually handled by the Eagles and their now one General, Luciana.

Combat training lasts about a year most of the time but even experienced Eagles train every so often. The trainees are taught well, and by other members of the kingdom.

Training is commonly handled by whoever volunteers for the day, but the General also trains new Eagles quite a bit.

Combat is always directed by the General, who has quite a busy job on her own after the other General was imprisoned. There aren’t that many unique techniques unless a specific dragon develops one themselves.

As stated before, the combat is directed by the General, who always makes sure there is strategy and tactics in every fight, especially since a... certain dragon was lost on the battlefield.

There aren’t any certain traditions or customs that I can think of.
Await
they/them

Hello! You can call me Await, Rayne, or Mysty, whichever you prefer.
FR +3
RNG has chosen Coconut the clan's Forager for today's dragon.

Now for the questions:

Most dragons use their body's natural weapons to fight. Choosing to take up another weapon is an individual choice. A few examples follow. Swordsmaster Ash has dedicated his life to his katana. Lair Guardian Acheron carries his Cleaver for intimidation. Ranger Sylvester has a bow for stealthy take downs. Tidepool has his Deeprealm Trident to help fend off any denizens of the deep while fishing.
(Basically if I think a weapon has a suitable lore reason for a dragon I'll give it to them)

Scavenging weapons is considered dishonourable. Some arrived at the clan already having their weapons, others were made in the clan. Metalsmith Garnet makes a variety of metallic weapons. Most of what she makes these days is sold to other clans. She takes great pride in her work.

Hmm, that's a good question. Tools like a Conjurer's Staff are made channel and enhance a user's own magic, but I dunno about swords and the like. Maybe Silvester would imbue his arrows with magic? Something to consider.

None of the mimics look like anything the clan makes and everyone knows what mimics look like so no one gets tricked. Mimic familiars will defend their bonded dragon fiercely. The ultimate sign of trust for one is to allow a dragon to actually wield them, though a weapon that can move independently is often more useful.

Wearing armour is a personal choice. Some do it for the extra protection, some as a status symbol, and others just because they like how it looks. I don't think I have an armourer dragon yet, so that's something to keep in mind. Do we even have any shield apparel? "If you're gonna wear armour it better be high quality or what's the point?" - the aforementioned currently non-existent armourer, probably.

One of my long term FR goals is to have every dragon at level 25 and with some sort of build. The clan is peaceful unless provoked, but Matriarch Jinok believes every dragon should have some training so they can defend themselves.
Most combat is fodder training or item hunting. Dragons are usually trained for specific venues. Priestess Mystic is a Mire Flyer and does most of the fodder training because of efficiency, unless there's a specific reason to train in another venue.
Lore wise, there's a clan guard who patrols and protects the clan, though they aren't trained up yet.

The clan trains their own warriors thoroughly and extensively. The clan's a big family and they want each other to live safely. Sparring is common to keep each other in shape.

Priestess Mystic is a Mire Flyer, so she does most of the training, fodder and clan member alike because of efficiency. LatchHook is a Ruins Raider and loves to fight. She's more brusque upfront but actually a gentler teacher than Mystic.
In the early days of the clan, Kelp Beds team Bramble and Russell did all the training, but they go out less often now the clan has a trained Mire Flyer.

The main trainers are a Ridgeback and a Wildclaw so style is 'hit them hard hit them quick'

Ambush to get the first hits. Most opponents don't last long after that. There is no dishonour in retreating. Sap is your friend.

Non that I can think of.
RNG has chosen Coconut the clan's Forager for today's dragon.

Now for the questions:

Most dragons use their body's natural weapons to fight. Choosing to take up another weapon is an individual choice. A few examples follow. Swordsmaster Ash has dedicated his life to his katana. Lair Guardian Acheron carries his Cleaver for intimidation. Ranger Sylvester has a bow for stealthy take downs. Tidepool has his Deeprealm Trident to help fend off any denizens of the deep while fishing.
(Basically if I think a weapon has a suitable lore reason for a dragon I'll give it to them)

Scavenging weapons is considered dishonourable. Some arrived at the clan already having their weapons, others were made in the clan. Metalsmith Garnet makes a variety of metallic weapons. Most of what she makes these days is sold to other clans. She takes great pride in her work.

Hmm, that's a good question. Tools like a Conjurer's Staff are made channel and enhance a user's own magic, but I dunno about swords and the like. Maybe Silvester would imbue his arrows with magic? Something to consider.

None of the mimics look like anything the clan makes and everyone knows what mimics look like so no one gets tricked. Mimic familiars will defend their bonded dragon fiercely. The ultimate sign of trust for one is to allow a dragon to actually wield them, though a weapon that can move independently is often more useful.

Wearing armour is a personal choice. Some do it for the extra protection, some as a status symbol, and others just because they like how it looks. I don't think I have an armourer dragon yet, so that's something to keep in mind. Do we even have any shield apparel? "If you're gonna wear armour it better be high quality or what's the point?" - the aforementioned currently non-existent armourer, probably.

One of my long term FR goals is to have every dragon at level 25 and with some sort of build. The clan is peaceful unless provoked, but Matriarch Jinok believes every dragon should have some training so they can defend themselves.
Most combat is fodder training or item hunting. Dragons are usually trained for specific venues. Priestess Mystic is a Mire Flyer and does most of the fodder training because of efficiency, unless there's a specific reason to train in another venue.
Lore wise, there's a clan guard who patrols and protects the clan, though they aren't trained up yet.

The clan trains their own warriors thoroughly and extensively. The clan's a big family and they want each other to live safely. Sparring is common to keep each other in shape.

Priestess Mystic is a Mire Flyer, so she does most of the training, fodder and clan member alike because of efficiency. LatchHook is a Ruins Raider and loves to fight. She's more brusque upfront but actually a gentler teacher than Mystic.
In the early days of the clan, Kelp Beds team Bramble and Russell did all the training, but they go out less often now the clan has a trained Mire Flyer.

The main trainers are a Ridgeback and a Wildclaw so style is 'hit them hard hit them quick'

Ambush to get the first hits. Most opponents don't last long after that. There is no dishonour in retreating. Sap is your friend.

Non that I can think of.
1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 245 ... 280 281