Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 239 240 241 242 243 ... 280 281
@After

Hello! This is a really neat idea, I'd like to be added to the pinglist please.
@After

Hello! This is a really neat idea, I'd like to be added to the pinglist please.
Activity fluctuates.
If I don't respond to
something for a while, please
PM me to get my attention!

Comfort dragon
X tumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090][img]https://i.imgur.com/eBuSJIs.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895661][img]https://i.imgur.com/ezh4uhR.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895662][img]https://i.imgur.com/dGEWtGC.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895663][img]https://i.imgur.com/hn8MkKv.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895665][img]https://i.imgur.com/2E4Zyyu.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895666][img]https://i.imgur.com/HQeyQv3.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895667][img]https://i.imgur.com/N1nfo0t.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2088090#post_24895670][img]https://i.imgur.com/8Y6I48w.png[/img][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rNvxBPg.png[/img] YO Obelisk lore rolled out with fantastic timing, seeing as today, July 24th, is a Lore Whining Day! Absolutely loving the new info we have for these fluffballs, their ability to change in and out of stone form is [i]super cool[/i]. Hopefully there's plenty of lore ammo now for the folks who want to use it! I started writing up this post before the update, so these lore questions aren't Obelisk-related, but since not everyone might want to do something with the new encyc entry, I'll post 'em anyway! Feel free to tackle whatever catches your inspiration, Obelisks or otherwise. :D [LIST] [*]What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry? [*]How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue? [*]How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava? [*]What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)? [*]How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options? [*]What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan? [*]Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way? [*]Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired? [/LIST] Good luck, everyone! ovo)b [size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][color=transparent]@Quis @Brickbat @Mypilot @kiwipen @SparkyLurkdragon @Kaibutsu @Pensacola @Kauria @WolfandCrow @Orodruin @spideydevil @CassieRose @Amut @Coincidence @Leopardmask @DraigTeg @Redtiger7736 @Rvan @Mnkn10 @Bxy26 @BarbaraFett @psychae @HSoup @ufology @Breshcandra @jotunn @FaerieQueene @Poiichy @Kneph @Fluffmuffler @PlanetariumPixel @Demesne @Natron @Stolen @rhodostefanos @AryaWolf19 @Elaendorlien @WhisperingWoe @taniquetil @HoraDusk @smeen @Lixue @Azurenight @Toxtricity @GrinningWolf24 @dragonpals @makyroll @Severynn @HurricaneWinds @spiderdew @Bronzewing @DragonWolfie @foxshapedshadows @Hyzenthlaay @Snek @Klawzor @LegallyInsane @VenaCava @Watercolour @Aikka @DilsDoes @Alicio @ironical @Tues @cloena @SkySerenade @cartographic @Talismarr @Birdsofwax @ulvesang @Lendri @SouthernHawker @Deramadus @Alphazi @Emordnilap @LaughingMagician @Melova @velvetpaws @Oranitha @StormyOnVacation @styygian @astramaru @DTEvie @ghostlyplants @Clownz @ClearBright @Phaedra @ArtemisHalfMoon @Pachirisu @Valoria @Sekine @Zikitty @Shegrasi @Jaakisaur @SnoringHyena @Aztec @dancingcrane @Papayatar @Seabi @hanhan @AlmightyAmu @inkfrog @slimecicle @xev @UnknownWish @Baizhu @Amayai @EmeraldSands315 @SariStar @caelafireheart @Mistwhisker @phoenixoflegend @talyra @giroro @huniepie @CrystalDragon14 @TeenyTK @Loghrif @MelanieScribbles @LouCat @AndromedaFlight @Soulthreads @DewFeather @Aserein @LapisWings @
eBuSJIs.pngezh4uhR.pngdGEWtGC.pnghn8MkKv.png2E4Zyyu.pngHQeyQv3.pngN1nfo0t.png8Y6I48w.png
rNvxBPg.png

YO Obelisk lore rolled out with fantastic timing, seeing as today, July 24th, is a Lore Whining Day! Absolutely loving the new info we have for these fluffballs, their ability to change in and out of stone form is super cool. Hopefully there's plenty of lore ammo now for the folks who want to use it!

I started writing up this post before the update, so these lore questions aren't Obelisk-related, but since not everyone might want to do something with the new encyc entry, I'll post 'em anyway! Feel free to tackle whatever catches your inspiration, Obelisks or otherwise. :D

• What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?
  • How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?
  • How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?
  • What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
  • How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
  • What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
  • Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
  • Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Brickbat @Mypilot @kiwipen @SparkyLurkdragon @Kaibutsu @Pensacola @Kauria @WolfandCrow @Orodruin @spideydevil @CassieRose @Amut @Coincidence @Leopardmask @DraigTeg @Redtiger7736 @Rvan @Mnkn10 @Bxy26 @BarbaraFett @psychae @HSoup @ufology @Breshcandra @jotunn @FaerieQueene @Poiichy @Kneph @Fluffmuffler @PlanetariumPixel @Demesne @Natron @Stolen @rhodostefanos @AryaWolf19 @Elaendorlien @WhisperingWoe @taniquetil @HoraDusk @smeen @Lixue @Azurenight @Toxtricity @GrinningWolf24 @dragonpals @makyroll @Severynn @HurricaneWinds @spiderdew @Bronzewing @DragonWolfie @foxshapedshadows @Hyzenthlaay @Snek @Klawzor @LegallyInsane @VenaCava @Watercolour @Aikka @DilsDoes @Alicio @ironical @Tues @cloena @SkySerenade @cartographic @Talismarr @Birdsofwax @ulvesang @Lendri @SouthernHawker @Deramadus @Alphazi @Emordnilap @LaughingMagician @Melova @velvetpaws @Oranitha @StormyOnVacation @styygian @astramaru @DTEvie @ghostlyplants @Clownz @ClearBright @Phaedra @ArtemisHalfMoon @Pachirisu @Valoria @Sekine @Zikitty @Shegrasi @Jaakisaur @SnoringHyena @Aztec @dancingcrane @Papayatar @Seabi @hanhan @AlmightyAmu @inkfrog @slimecicle @xev @UnknownWish @Baizhu @Amayai @EmeraldSands315 @SariStar @caelafireheart @Mistwhisker @phoenixoflegend @talyra @giroro @huniepie @CrystalDragon14 @TeenyTK @Loghrif @MelanieScribbles @LouCat @AndromedaFlight @Soulthreads @DewFeather @Aserein @LapisWings @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.

Not too hot, not too cold. On average it generally gets up to around 23 degrees Celsius in the summer, and winter temps are about 2 to -1. Gets humid in the summer.

Fairly often, sometimes for several days at a time. Really heavy rain is uncommon, though, it’s usually the finer, more mizzly type of rain. Flooding isn’t a great issue, though it does happen very occasionally.

It’s a forested valley in between mountains, so mixed, I supposed. Some of the tracks/ pathways have things like roots and rocks that can trip you up, and there are some pretty steep sloping paths. There’s a few clearings scattered around the territory as well.

• What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?

Suppose there’s things like forest fires (extremely infrequent) or trees falling during storms. If there is a storm, then the clan will retreat to the largest of the dug out dens. Forest fires are a different matter. They tend to flee the immediate area, only returning after the fire has burnt itself out (if it can’t be dealt with by magical means).

• How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?

There’s quite a bit of ambient magic around for those that want to use it. Some of the clan prefer to use their own reserves. Others just don’t bother with using magic at all, and prefer to stay out of any fights that may crop up.

• What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?

There’s loads of flies and midges hanging around. Couple of species of birds, and some small mammals in the undergrowth. Bats and moths can be found at night. Not that many big prey type animals around, but occasionally the clan gets lucky if a herd do wander within range. No big predators either.

Plants are mostly things like ferns, brambles, trees and some flower species. Fungi as well. There are invasive species, but they’re usually removed as soon as they’re noticed. Things like nettles, mint and blackberries get used in various recipes (nettle soup, mint tea etc).

• Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?

Possibly.

• Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?

Mostly blended in with the territory. Most of it is constructed (it’s an ancient city that had fallen to ruins), but there’s a few tunnels and dens that have been dug out naturally. Pretty well suited for rain, though sometimes there’s a few leaks that need to be dealt with. Most of the buildings are fairly long-lasting, but there are usually some small repairs going on at some point.

Love the new Obelisk lore, though not completely sure if I’ll use any of it for mine yet. Now, off to see which dragon(s) I want to work on today.

Not too hot, not too cold. On average it generally gets up to around 23 degrees Celsius in the summer, and winter temps are about 2 to -1. Gets humid in the summer.

Fairly often, sometimes for several days at a time. Really heavy rain is uncommon, though, it’s usually the finer, more mizzly type of rain. Flooding isn’t a great issue, though it does happen very occasionally.

It’s a forested valley in between mountains, so mixed, I supposed. Some of the tracks/ pathways have things like roots and rocks that can trip you up, and there are some pretty steep sloping paths. There’s a few clearings scattered around the territory as well.

Suppose there’s things like forest fires (extremely infrequent) or trees falling during storms. If there is a storm, then the clan will retreat to the largest of the dug out dens. Forest fires are a different matter. They tend to flee the immediate area, only returning after the fire has burnt itself out (if it can’t be dealt with by magical means).

There’s quite a bit of ambient magic around for those that want to use it. Some of the clan prefer to use their own reserves. Others just don’t bother with using magic at all, and prefer to stay out of any fights that may crop up.

There’s loads of flies and midges hanging around. Couple of species of birds, and some small mammals in the undergrowth. Bats and moths can be found at night. Not that many big prey type animals around, but occasionally the clan gets lucky if a herd do wander within range. No big predators either.

Plants are mostly things like ferns, brambles, trees and some flower species. Fungi as well. There are invasive species, but they’re usually removed as soon as they’re noticed. Things like nettles, mint and blackberries get used in various recipes (nettle soup, mint tea etc).

Possibly.

Mostly blended in with the territory. Most of it is constructed (it’s an ancient city that had fallen to ruins), but there’s a few tunnels and dens that have been dug out naturally. Pretty well suited for rain, though sometimes there’s a few leaks that need to be dealt with. Most of the buildings are fairly long-lasting, but there are usually some small repairs going on at some point.

Love the new Obelisk lore, though not completely sure if I’ll use any of it for mine yet. Now, off to see which dragon(s) I want to work on today.
94110860.png
Gonna sit down and write out some more lore once I finish my lunch today, hoping to be able to finish off the bio for my custom progen at the very least :')) I never seem to actually finish that fff

What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?
In general, terrible! It's cold, it's windy, there's too much snow and not enough sunshine. A dreadful combination of humid and dry makes going from one section of the lair to another absolutely terrible. Average temperatures in summer lie around -10 to -25 Celsius. On winter, it usually lies closer to -30 to -50 Celsius. Enchanted apparel is an excellent idea at any time of year. Would not recommend.

How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?
It's only rained once in known history and nobody enjoyed it. There's plentiful snow and it hails at least three months of the year, though, and that is a considerable issue. The poor dragons in charge of keeping everything clear of snow never lack work, to put it that way.

How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?
Very mountain-y with a side of oceanside. The reasonably even part of the lair that's outside of the mountain was flattened by hand, as it was originally mostly boulders and ice.

What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
Severe weather is normal enough that most of the lair has been fortified to withstand such one way or another. Avalanches do happen from time to time, however, and though there's no official protocol as to what to do, there's a general call for all dragons not a part of the crisis faction to take shelter within the mountain.

How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
It's unpredictable and fluctuates, but in general there's plentiful magic to be found, though not always the good kind. Dragons are generally encouraged to rely on their own reserves or local, approved sources to avoid corruption or accidents.

What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
Well, there's snow and rocks. Nearby, there's not really any naturally occurring plant-life outside some trees and the rare, inexplicably surviving little patch of plants (usually hardy weeds of little use). Packs of wolves roam the area, as do elk, rabbits, squirrels, and some other critters. There's a lack of birds, for some reason, but an abundance of mice. The clan relies mostly on hunting elk, wolves, and rabbits which serve to give them food, tools, and furs.

There is an invasion of mint in the greenhouses that no one knows how happened, though.

Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
The weather and terrain can be lethal to underprepared travellers. If not them, then there are some less friendly clans in the area and some scattered groups of unsavoury, unaffiliated dragons that could very well be lethal as well. Travellers do go missing from time to time, as do locals if they're unlucky. It's not really a great area tbh.

Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?
A lot of the lair is situated inside the mountain, so that part blends and is fairly natural. Also withstands wear quite well. The parts outside are built to last, working with the land as much as possible. Some buildings are a bit whack, though, and the markets are notoriously bright and is the most repaired section due to merchants being in charge of their own buildings (and not all merchants are quite as good at longevity, apparently).

There's always some repairs, of course, especially from general accidents and mayhem.
Gonna sit down and write out some more lore once I finish my lunch today, hoping to be able to finish off the bio for my custom progen at the very least :')) I never seem to actually finish that fff

In general, terrible! It's cold, it's windy, there's too much snow and not enough sunshine. A dreadful combination of humid and dry makes going from one section of the lair to another absolutely terrible. Average temperatures in summer lie around -10 to -25 Celsius. On winter, it usually lies closer to -30 to -50 Celsius. Enchanted apparel is an excellent idea at any time of year. Would not recommend.

It's only rained once in known history and nobody enjoyed it. There's plentiful snow and it hails at least three months of the year, though, and that is a considerable issue. The poor dragons in charge of keeping everything clear of snow never lack work, to put it that way.

Very mountain-y with a side of oceanside. The reasonably even part of the lair that's outside of the mountain was flattened by hand, as it was originally mostly boulders and ice.

What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?
Severe weather is normal enough that most of the lair has been fortified to withstand such one way or another. Avalanches do happen from time to time, however, and though there's no official protocol as to what to do, there's a general call for all dragons not a part of the crisis faction to take shelter within the mountain.

How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?
It's unpredictable and fluctuates, but in general there's plentiful magic to be found, though not always the good kind. Dragons are generally encouraged to rely on their own reserves or local, approved sources to avoid corruption or accidents.

What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally? Any invasive species wreaking havoc? Which species have a use within your clan?
Well, there's snow and rocks. Nearby, there's not really any naturally occurring plant-life outside some trees and the rare, inexplicably surviving little patch of plants (usually hardy weeds of little use). Packs of wolves roam the area, as do elk, rabbits, squirrels, and some other critters. There's a lack of birds, for some reason, but an abundance of mice. The clan relies mostly on hunting elk, wolves, and rabbits which serve to give them food, tools, and furs.

There is an invasion of mint in the greenhouses that no one knows how happened, though.

Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?
The weather and terrain can be lethal to underprepared travellers. If not them, then there are some less friendly clans in the area and some scattered groups of unsavoury, unaffiliated dragons that could very well be lethal as well. Travellers do go missing from time to time, as do locals if they're unlucky. It's not really a great area tbh.

Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?
A lot of the lair is situated inside the mountain, so that part blends and is fairly natural. Also withstands wear quite well. The parts outside are built to last, working with the land as much as possible. Some buildings are a bit whack, though, and the markets are notoriously bright and is the most repaired section due to merchants being in charge of their own buildings (and not all merchants are quite as good at longevity, apparently).

There's always some repairs, of course, especially from general accidents and mayhem.
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
woohoo, lore whining time!! since last time i've come up with a super cool new ideas for lore so i'm going to be expanding on that here >:)

it's normally somewhat cold. it's also rainy or drizzling often - just generally dreary weather is to be expected

rain is quite common, but it doesn't normally hit super hard, so flooding is not an issue.

the central part of the territory is relatively flat and open, and it's surrounded by a mountain range and forests. it also borders the sea on the western side.

hurricanes are the biggest concern, seeing as how the territory is by the sea. the main safety procedure for such an event is to seek shelter underground or at ground-level while mages work to protect the land from extreme damage.

another severe weather threat is that of the phenomenon dubbed "arcane storms". an arcane storm occurs whenever there's too much magic contained in a given area and it needs to escape, so it bursts upwards. it then forms a cyclone-like formation in the sky, raining down little magic droplets that can cause all sorts of chaos. when arcane storms occur, everyone is told to immediately seek shelter indoors and away from any windows.

there is a *lot* of magic, both natural and fabricated. for the most part, mages and the like can simply reach out and draw in energy from the landscape. although, it is encouraged for magic practitioners to learn how to draw upon their own internal reserves of magic instead of just pulling it from the world around them.

as far as native flora goes, it's mostly just species of trees, nettles/brambles/ivy, berries, and a wide selection of poisonous fungi and flowers.

the native fauna is mostly canine-like creatures and birds, with the exception of some dangerous reptilians. felines tend to fare poorly in the wild, and are kept almost strictly in captivity. spirits/wraiths are also common creatures, but they tend to stay near the border of the land or the sea.

there are many natural threats, so travelers are often discouraged from braving the rugged terrain the territory has to offer. locals are typically far more capable of living, seeing as they are normally taught key survival skills from an early age.

the architecture does blend in well with the land, normally being made of logs harvested from the local forests. most houses are also decorated with native flora to help make things seem more natural. buildings are capable of withstanding the weather; however, some buildings may not be able to hold their own against an arcane storm. once structures are erected, they tend to not be destroyed and deteriorate on their own time. it's fully up to the land's owner what is done with it, though.
woohoo, lore whining time!! since last time i've come up with a super cool new ideas for lore so i'm going to be expanding on that here >:)

it's normally somewhat cold. it's also rainy or drizzling often - just generally dreary weather is to be expected

rain is quite common, but it doesn't normally hit super hard, so flooding is not an issue.

the central part of the territory is relatively flat and open, and it's surrounded by a mountain range and forests. it also borders the sea on the western side.

hurricanes are the biggest concern, seeing as how the territory is by the sea. the main safety procedure for such an event is to seek shelter underground or at ground-level while mages work to protect the land from extreme damage.

another severe weather threat is that of the phenomenon dubbed "arcane storms". an arcane storm occurs whenever there's too much magic contained in a given area and it needs to escape, so it bursts upwards. it then forms a cyclone-like formation in the sky, raining down little magic droplets that can cause all sorts of chaos. when arcane storms occur, everyone is told to immediately seek shelter indoors and away from any windows.

there is a *lot* of magic, both natural and fabricated. for the most part, mages and the like can simply reach out and draw in energy from the landscape. although, it is encouraged for magic practitioners to learn how to draw upon their own internal reserves of magic instead of just pulling it from the world around them.

as far as native flora goes, it's mostly just species of trees, nettles/brambles/ivy, berries, and a wide selection of poisonous fungi and flowers.

the native fauna is mostly canine-like creatures and birds, with the exception of some dangerous reptilians. felines tend to fare poorly in the wild, and are kept almost strictly in captivity. spirits/wraiths are also common creatures, but they tend to stay near the border of the land or the sea.

there are many natural threats, so travelers are often discouraged from braving the rugged terrain the territory has to offer. locals are typically far more capable of living, seeing as they are normally taught key survival skills from an early age.

the architecture does blend in well with the land, normally being made of logs harvested from the local forests. most houses are also decorated with native flora to help make things seem more natural. buildings are capable of withstanding the weather; however, some buildings may not be able to hold their own against an arcane storm. once structures are erected, they tend to not be destroyed and deteriorate on their own time. it's fully up to the land's owner what is done with it, though.
CStGtqv.png
chaos makes the muse.
› zae(yrn) | any prns
about me
icon dragon
Might get to these questions if I have time later.

Anyway, RNG gives me GreatRedStorm the clan Spymaster. Well, I'll see what I come up with.
Might get to these questions if I have time later.

Anyway, RNG gives me GreatRedStorm the clan Spymaster. Well, I'll see what I come up with.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
RNGness told me.....
The buff cinnamon roll
32 FREAKING LIGHTNING DRAGONS AND I WRITE ABOUT THAT ONE LIGHT PALADIN?
LIGHTWEAVER YOU'RE FIRED!
RNGness told me.....
The buff cinnamon roll
32 FREAKING LIGHTNING DRAGONS AND I WRITE ABOUT THAT ONE LIGHT PALADIN?
LIGHTWEAVER YOU'RE FIRED!
AND-GOD-SAID.png
Might as well give this thing a stab.

I'm currently in the middle of slowly redesigning all my dragon's bios, which constitutes of gene/outfit plans, familiar, scene, and a few lore bullet points. I admit, recently it's been an outfit (and geneplan) splurge, so I'll try putting down some lore points today.
Might as well give this thing a stab.

I'm currently in the middle of slowly redesigning all my dragon's bios, which constitutes of gene/outfit plans, familiar, scene, and a few lore bullet points. I admit, recently it's been an outfit (and geneplan) splurge, so I'll try putting down some lore points today.
Geography of the Forgotten Fields in the In-Between.
Well, its roughly a warped version of Sornieth that exists in the place between existence and non-existence. It's part of the more "saner" or "safer" places in the In-Between, as reality more or less applies here as it retains most of its features from Sornieth. However, eldritch abominations are always a threat.

100% terrible! There's radiation hanging around, solar flares that set temperatures well into scorching areas randomly, radioactive flooding times, the Dusts are dry enough you can literally die if you walk into the wrong section at the wrong time. Parts of the Forgotten Fields are permanently underwater and wracked with underwater horrors, others are complete poisonous jungles and still there's a giant desert where bugs eat dragons.
Most of all there's the Rifts, nicknamed Icewarden's Wrath, where is freezing all the time and there's freak snowstorms every two days.
In short, part is freezing cold, parts are miserably humid, parts are completely radioactive, and the rest is hot enough to bake you alive.
How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue? It rains whenever it wants. There's no pattern to it. The Forgotten Fields can rain for years on end, flooding the Spires and spreading radiation, or it can be as dry as the Dust Barrens for centuries while literal wars break out for water.

How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava? All of them. It's a darker and unsane version of Sornieth. All the Flights are there, just inhospitable and horrible.

What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)? All of them. Tornado, acid rain, magma rain, radiation, everything at the same time...you name it. The Clan normally retreats underground(unless it's a earthquake or a Wyrm attack) and hope for the best.
Luckily, there's not much disasters down in the Spires.
Unluckily, it's also where most of the Radiation is.
As you see, the death rate is quite high.

How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options? It's high enough that powerful spellcasters go insane or explode due to the sheer overload of magic in the area. Hatchlings born most often die due to the way too high levels of magic.
It's high enough that any use of magic is dangerous and the leftover magic forms into radiation, most prominent in the Spires(The Forgotten version of the Starfall Isles).
Most of the Clan lives there.

All species in Sornieth exist in the Forgotten Fields, with some mutated variants. They all have uses, even the most poisonous flowers are prized for their power to kill.
Cipher's Malice have started to invade the Spires, leading from the grave of Cipher, the disgraced mage. It drains the magic from the area, then explodes when it overfeeds, causing great damage to both the land and the dragons.
Oh and it amplifies the magical radiation.

The Clan dragons can barely survive there themself, of course most travellers die along the way. Radiation, insane wildlife, disasters, ancient curses, catacombs that span the entire area, you name it.

Most of it is constructed from sheer brute force to protect against the radiation. You can't really prepare for the weather, it happens whenever it wants. Repairs are necessary just to protect against the natural weather, along with the regular attacks from the Beasts.
And I'm not counting the Silent Ones in this factor.
Geography of the Forgotten Fields in the In-Between.
Well, its roughly a warped version of Sornieth that exists in the place between existence and non-existence. It's part of the more "saner" or "safer" places in the In-Between, as reality more or less applies here as it retains most of its features from Sornieth. However, eldritch abominations are always a threat.

100% terrible! There's radiation hanging around, solar flares that set temperatures well into scorching areas randomly, radioactive flooding times, the Dusts are dry enough you can literally die if you walk into the wrong section at the wrong time. Parts of the Forgotten Fields are permanently underwater and wracked with underwater horrors, others are complete poisonous jungles and still there's a giant desert where bugs eat dragons.
Most of all there's the Rifts, nicknamed Icewarden's Wrath, where is freezing all the time and there's freak snowstorms every two days.
In short, part is freezing cold, parts are miserably humid, parts are completely radioactive, and the rest is hot enough to bake you alive.
How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue? It rains whenever it wants. There's no pattern to it. The Forgotten Fields can rain for years on end, flooding the Spires and spreading radiation, or it can be as dry as the Dust Barrens for centuries while literal wars break out for water.

How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava? All of them. It's a darker and unsane version of Sornieth. All the Flights are there, just inhospitable and horrible.

What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)? All of them. Tornado, acid rain, magma rain, radiation, everything at the same time...you name it. The Clan normally retreats underground(unless it's a earthquake or a Wyrm attack) and hope for the best.
Luckily, there's not much disasters down in the Spires.
As you see, the death rate is quite high.

How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options? It's high enough that powerful spellcasters go insane or explode due to the sheer overload of magic in the area. Hatchlings born most often die due to the way too high levels of magic.
It's high enough that any use of magic is dangerous and the leftover magic forms into radiation, most prominent in the Spires(The Forgotten version of the Starfall Isles).
Most of the Clan lives there.

All species in Sornieth exist in the Forgotten Fields, with some mutated variants. They all have uses, even the most poisonous flowers are prized for their power to kill.
Cipher's Malice have started to invade the Spires, leading from the grave of Cipher, the disgraced mage. It drains the magic from the area, then explodes when it overfeeds, causing great damage to both the land and the dragons.
Oh and it amplifies the magical radiation.

The Clan dragons can barely survive there themself, of course most travellers die along the way. Radiation, insane wildlife, disasters, ancient curses, catacombs that span the entire area, you name it.

Most of it is constructed from sheer brute force to protect against the radiation. You can't really prepare for the weather, it happens whenever it wants. Repairs are necessary just to protect against the natural weather, along with the regular attacks from the Beasts.
And I'm not counting the Silent Ones in this factor.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
[b]What's the local weather like on average? Hot or cold? Humid or dry?[/b] Pretty much always humid, usually warm to hot. The only snow that we get is during Crystalline Gala itself, because that's Special Magic Celebratory Snow! [b]How often does it rain? Is flooding an issue?[/b] I never think of it as raining at any one moment in my stories but it probably rains pretty often. I think of most of the Viridian Labyrinth as a [i]rainforest[/i], after all. But I don't know... I guess flooding would be a little bit of an issue, but it definitely helps to have a friendly river spirit in the clan. [b]How's the terrain? Mountainous? Flatland? Ocean? Lava?[/b] Gentle hills, broken up by roots and stuff. Sometimes the hills [i]are[/i] roots, from the Behemoth. The plants make for some interesting dirt formations, and themselves make for an interesting hazard in the terrain. [b]What sorts of severe weather or natural disasters can occur? What does your clan do when they happen? Are there any defined protections/safety procedures in place (ex. taking shelter somewhere)?[/b] I'd imagine flooding is the most common natural disaster tbh. Fire seems like it could be a problem too. Floods are pretty easy to deal with, as most (though not all) of my dragons can get up into the trees. Maybe there are ways for the not-flyers to also get up there, and, most importantly, stay [i]dry[/i]. I have three dragons who absolutely can't deal with getting wet, for various reasons. Rigil's workshop is probably up off the ground in general. I'd have to do some thinking about the fire problem. [b]How's the magic level in the region? Can spellcasters easily draw on ambient magic or are they forced to rely on their own reserves/other options?[/b] Oh, interesting. One of my other clans was right near a point where two leylines cross, but my main clan, hmm. I don't think they're in a magical dead zone by any means, so ambient magic is a pretty easy option for everyone. [b]What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally?[/b] A LOT lol [b]Any invasive species wreaking havoc?[/b] I theoretically have a dragon who works to prevent that, or at least to prevent invasive species being our fault. Haven't explored her lore much yet though. That might be an interesting thing for today... [b]Which species have a use within your clan?[/b] First thing that comes to mind is [item=potted peacevine], which we cultivate and trade with other clans as a symbol of friendship. [b]Does the region present any other dangers to locals and/or travelers in some way?[/b] The Viridian [i]Labyrinth[/i] is called that for a reason. It's very easy to get lost if you're not familiar with the area. Even for flight-capable dragons, in many places the canopy is too thick to easily breach and escape. If one is lost long enough to need food, sometimes it's hard to tell what's edible and what's poisonous. And then, of course, there's the local fauna, which encompasses everything from harmless pocketmice to rampaging goldenbeasts... [b]Does clan architecture blend with the territory or starkly contrast with it? How much is "natural" vs "constructed"? Is it suited to dealing with the local weather/etc? Is it long-lasting or is there always something being built or repaired?[/b] This is one that I should figure out more details of, because I really don't have more than a vague idea. Architecture? In the jungle? What's that? Well it certainly has to [i]exist[/i], right? I suppose ours blends with the territory quite well. Many things could probably be grown, rather than built, by our Nature mages. And of course, if it's grown from a local tree, it's just as suited to dealing with weather and such as the original tree was, and if it's grown right will live just as long.

Pretty much always humid, usually warm to hot. The only snow that we get is during Crystalline Gala itself, because that's Special Magic Celebratory Snow!

I never think of it as raining at any one moment in my stories but it probably rains pretty often. I think of most of the Viridian Labyrinth as a rainforest, after all. But I don't know... I guess flooding would be a little bit of an issue, but it definitely helps to have a friendly river spirit in the clan.

Gentle hills, broken up by roots and stuff. Sometimes the hills are roots, from the Behemoth. The plants make for some interesting dirt formations, and themselves make for an interesting hazard in the terrain.

I'd imagine flooding is the most common natural disaster tbh. Fire seems like it could be a problem too. Floods are pretty easy to deal with, as most (though not all) of my dragons can get up into the trees. Maybe there are ways for the not-flyers to also get up there, and, most importantly, stay dry. I have three dragons who absolutely can't deal with getting wet, for various reasons. Rigil's workshop is probably up off the ground in general. I'd have to do some thinking about the fire problem.

Oh, interesting. One of my other clans was right near a point where two leylines cross, but my main clan, hmm. I don't think they're in a magical dead zone by any means, so ambient magic is a pretty easy option for everyone.

What sort of flora and fauna can be found naturally?

A LOT lol

Any invasive species wreaking havoc?

I theoretically have a dragon who works to prevent that, or at least to prevent invasive species being our fault. Haven't explored her lore much yet though. That might be an interesting thing for today...

Which species have a use within your clan?

First thing that comes to mind is Potted Peacevine , which we cultivate and trade with other clans as a symbol of friendship.

The Viridian Labyrinth is called that for a reason. It's very easy to get lost if you're not familiar with the area. Even for flight-capable dragons, in many places the canopy is too thick to easily breach and escape. If one is lost long enough to need food, sometimes it's hard to tell what's edible and what's poisonous. And then, of course, there's the local fauna, which encompasses everything from harmless pocketmice to rampaging goldenbeasts...

This is one that I should figure out more details of, because I really don't have more than a vague idea. Architecture? In the jungle? What's that? Well it certainly has to exist, right? I suppose ours blends with the territory quite well. Many things could probably be grown, rather than built, by our Nature mages. And of course, if it's grown from a local tree, it's just as suited to dealing with weather and such as the original tree was, and if it's grown right will live just as long.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 239 240 241 242 243 ... 280 281