Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [FAQ] Expanded Color Wheel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Doggo I think Nocturne eggs fall under that category, but it seems like a not so subtle little hint that new breeds are being worked on. :o
@Doggo I think Nocturne eggs fall under that category, but it seems like a not so subtle little hint that new breeds are being worked on. :o
2e1vqdf.jpgb3JnDBj.gif
With the new colors being added, landing on the specific color for the exalt bonus is going to be less likely. Is there any chance the color exalt bonus might be increased in response to this? Or potentially adding more color bonuses?
With the new colors being added, landing on the specific color for the exalt bonus is going to be less likely. Is there any chance the color exalt bonus might be increased in response to this? Or potentially adding more color bonuses?
he/him only, please
naturebottom.png
i can't wait until the 8th!
i can't wait until the 8th!
Be Kind, Be Well, & Do Something Nice For Somebody Today
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-05-20 09:09:27][color=red]Q. When the color wheel is released will it correct some of the coloring errors on different breeds and genes? A. Yes, it should. Because the current gene images were created by hand, there can be variance from dragon to dragon simply due to human error. The new coloring tool will handle the coloring of all the genes from an exact pallette of colors, and should not suffer from any "misclicks" that a human artist may produce from time-to-time. Should this process create any errors that our art team can confirm, we will make the necessary fixes.[/quote]@Auquorin @Undel This answer doesn't address Iridescent and Shimmer on the alpha breeds. The lineart was going to be redone, from black to tinted. Did this also include updating the color art? Because Iridescent and Shimmer look [u][i]awful[/i][/u] on the alpha breeds. This Guardian is supposed to be double Crimson. I don't believe it, especially compared to a Coatl. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=59&wing=59&style=2&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=5&elem=2&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=59&wing=59&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=5&elem=2&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img]
Aequorin wrote on 2016-05-20:
Q. When the color wheel is released will it correct some of the coloring errors on different breeds and genes?

A. Yes, it should. Because the current gene images were created by hand, there can be variance from dragon to dragon simply due to human error.

The new coloring tool will handle the coloring of all the genes from an exact pallette of colors, and should not suffer from any "misclicks" that a human artist may produce from time-to-time. Should this process create any errors that our art team can confirm, we will make the necessary fixes.
@Auquorin @Undel This answer doesn't address Iridescent and Shimmer on the alpha breeds. The lineart was going to be redone, from black to tinted. Did this also include updating the color art? Because Iridescent and Shimmer look awful on the alpha breeds.

This Guardian is supposed to be double Crimson. I don't believe it, especially compared to a Coatl.
dragonpic2.php?body=59&wing=59&style=2&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=5&elem=2&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png
dragonpic2.php?body=59&wing=59&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=5&elem=2&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
thanks for this FAQ! very informative
thanks for this FAQ! very informative
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
@sgkat In the weekly Q&A it was addressed; it is only the lineart that will be adjusted on the alpha-breeds, not the colorings themselves
@sgkat In the weekly Q&A it was addressed; it is only the lineart that will be adjusted on the alpha-breeds, not the colorings themselves
How will scry images react to the colour wheel update? Currently the URLs have IDs assigned to each colour which depends on their order, which presumptively means that when the colour wheel is released either the images will have colour flips if the numbers are still in order, or the colours/numbers wont be aligned anymore? Basically what I'm asking is will the images stay the same?

i dont know if that made sense ahaha
How will scry images react to the colour wheel update? Currently the URLs have IDs assigned to each colour which depends on their order, which presumptively means that when the colour wheel is released either the images will have colour flips if the numbers are still in order, or the colours/numbers wont be aligned anymore? Basically what I'm asking is will the images stay the same?

i dont know if that made sense ahaha
Is there any lore attatched to the expansion?
Is there any lore attatched to the expansion?
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
-deleted-
oops. I see it has been answered already
-deleted-
oops. I see it has been answered already
Will the original colors be marked on drop-down lists in some way? Or is progenitor creation the only place the original colors are set apart from the new ones?
Will the original colors be marked on drop-down lists in some way? Or is progenitor creation the only place the original colors are set apart from the new ones?
v2eTaUx.png
a24f2Oy.pngeswSnrS.pngJvUa9ma.pngFObX7rS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11