Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [FAQ] Expanded Color Wheel
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-05-20 09:09:27] Q. When breeding existing pairs, will the center point of the wheel change drastically? A. An offspring's possible colors will always use the shortest distance between the two parents colors. With 177 colors on the wheel (and Maize connecting to Pearl to loop it back), any distance of 88 or lower is the shortest distance. You can visit the color wheel expansion thread to see a finalized color order. [/quote] Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a color order linked or listed in the pinned posts on the main thread? Just the color previews themselves in the random reveal order...
Aequorin wrote on 2016-05-20:
Q. When breeding existing pairs, will the center point of the wheel change drastically?

A. An offspring's possible colors will always use the shortest distance between the two parents colors. With 177 colors on the wheel (and Maize connecting to Pearl to loop it back), any distance of 88 or lower is the shortest distance. You can visit the color wheel expansion thread to see a finalized color order.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a color order linked or listed in the pinned posts on the main thread? Just the color previews themselves in the random reveal order...
I am so INSANELY EXCITED FOR THIS I CAN'T EVEN
I am so INSANELY EXCITED FOR THIS I CAN'T EVEN
Keep Moving Forward- Walt Disney.
@JoltDragon You have to click on the last coatl, then a [url=http://flightrising.com/dropbox/howodd/177_turquoise.jpg]coatlwheel of all colors appears![/url] And here's a updated colorwheel made by Rauxel (from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1840503]this thread[/url]): [url=https://i.imgur.com/v7cuc7t.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/v7cuc7tl.jpg[/img][/url] If you click on it it gets bigger.
@JoltDragon

You have to click on the last coatl, then a coatlwheel of all colors appears!

And here's a updated colorwheel made by Rauxel (from this thread):
v7cuc7tl.jpg
If you click on it it gets bigger.
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
@Kalvin Oh I didn't even think of that. Thank you so much!!
@Kalvin Oh I didn't even think of that. Thank you so much!!
That is a lot of colours.NOT HATCHING ANY EGGS TILL AFTER ;) ;)
For the breed specific eggs, I think the Kickstarter said that would happen, just not right away or all at once.
For the breed specific eggs, I think the Kickstarter said that would happen, just not right away or all at once.
tumblr_ndzarciqjc1si697do1_500_by_zalcoti-d9lh63v.png
[quote name="BoomBreeze" date=2016-05-30 19:20:00] Hmm... So, these new colours will never be available as progenitor options for new players? Or will they eventually be options after the colours "settle" in? [/quote] Pretty sure it's a permanent thing as to not give an advantage to the newer players who join after the wheel is announced. Fairness aside I can't imagine giving the ability for new accounts to have new colored progen wouldn't spur some people to break the one account (even if you completely move and abandon your old one) rule so. It's probably within the sites best interest to make it this way for good.
BoomBreeze wrote on 2016-05-30:
Hmm... So, these new colours will never be available as progenitor options for new players? Or will they eventually be options after the colours "settle" in?

Pretty sure it's a permanent thing as to not give an advantage to the newer players who join after the wheel is announced. Fairness aside I can't imagine giving the ability for new accounts to have new colored progen wouldn't spur some people to break the one account (even if you completely move and abandon your old one) rule so. It's probably within the sites best interest to make it this way for good.
[quote name="KittyKatt" date=2016-05-31 22:19:37] That is a lot of colours.NOT HATCHING ANY EGGS TILL AFTER ;) ;) [/quote] I have four nests waiting for the big day!
KittyKatt wrote on 2016-05-31:
I have four nests waiting for the big day!
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
[quote name="Cao" date=2016-05-29 17:34:11] @RemanLT The Dragon Search is slow on a good day; it likely would stop working completely with the strain of all the people looking for dragons with new colours. It might also be to prevent/slow down the people who will seek out dragons with new colours and message/harass the owner to sell the dragon to them because of the colours. [/quote] Yeah but if they don't implement something like this, it'll make looking for colors a friggin' Joke. Oh did you want ivory/gold/fire and you'd be fine with anything in the kind of reddish-orange range for the tert? Sucks to be you buddy! go through the now tripple-sized list of colors, one by one, until you see if what you want is available. That'll still put the same strain on the system, just with more annoyance on the part of the player. But at least it'll make for a new money-making niche, that one person who'll sort through all the color ranges and find the dragon you want, for a fee.
Cao wrote on 2016-05-29:
@RemanLT
The Dragon Search is slow on a good day; it likely would stop working completely with the strain of all the people looking for dragons with new colours.
It might also be to prevent/slow down the people who will seek out dragons with new colours and message/harass the owner to sell the dragon to them because of the colours.

Yeah but if they don't implement something like this, it'll make looking for colors a friggin' Joke. Oh did you want ivory/gold/fire and you'd be fine with anything in the kind of reddish-orange range for the tert? Sucks to be you buddy! go through the now tripple-sized list of colors, one by one, until you see if what you want is available. That'll still put the same strain on the system, just with more annoyance on the part of the player.

But at least it'll make for a new money-making niche, that one person who'll sort through all the color ranges and find the dragon you want, for a fee.
@conium Er, I think Cao was referring to the dragon portion of the Search page, not the Auction House.
@conium Er, I think Cao was referring to the dragon portion of the Search page, not the Auction House.
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11