Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 70 71
@Aequorin
Thanks for the answer ...
@Aequorin
Thanks for the answer ...
Yt4sddf.png
@SemperVictor [quote name="SemperVictor" date=2016-01-07 12:01:54] Is there any particular reason for the Marketplace emptying around 12 and 16 etc.? [/quote] The Marketplace is able to restock at every five minute interval (times like 15:05, 15:10) though it may not do so at every interval. Every two hours, on an even hour, the Marketplace dumps it's stock and starts over again.
@SemperVictor
SemperVictor wrote on 2016-01-07:
Is there any particular reason for the Marketplace emptying around 12 and 16 etc.?

The Marketplace is able to restock at every five minute interval (times like 15:05, 15:10) though it may not do so at every interval. Every two hours, on an even hour, the Marketplace dumps it's stock and starts over again.
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thanks
@FloatingInSpace Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thanks
XdKddgH.pngtumblr_o1veu11RHG1v5pacoo3_100.pngBEIQVfs.png
@Shadowkin

All that we know is that the Crossroads update will be soon, but the staff does not and will not give any actual ETAs
@Shadowkin

All that we know is that the Crossroads update will be soon, but the staff does not and will not give any actual ETAs
hWsjkHE.png
@LicianDragon @Silvershade [quote name="LicianDragon" date=2016-01-11 21:39:54] When new breeds are released, will they have a holiday like Nocturnes do? If not, how do you plan on introducing them? [/quote] [quote name="Silvershade" date=2016-01-11 22:52:44] We have not had a new breed in a year, though it was said there would be 1-2 every year, Is this expected to change after the wheel is out? [/quote] I'm afraid the admins do not give ETAs or information on new breed releases at all. Your questions will have to be answered when the new breeds are released. @KitsuneChaos [quote name="KitsuneChaos" date=2016-01-12 06:43:00] How long does a ban normally last? A few days? A week? [/quote] A ban, as far as I am aware, is permanent and can only be revoked if you send a Contact Us with plausible reason as to why the ban should be lifted.
@LicianDragon @Silvershade
LicianDragon wrote on 2016-01-11:
When new breeds are released, will they have a holiday like Nocturnes do? If not, how do you plan on introducing them?
Silvershade wrote on 2016-01-11:
We have not had a new breed in a year, though it was said there would be 1-2 every year, Is this expected to change after the wheel is out?
I'm afraid the admins do not give ETAs or information on new breed releases at all. Your questions will have to be answered when the new breeds are released.

@KitsuneChaos
KitsuneChaos wrote on 2016-01-12:
How long does a ban normally last? A few days? A week?
A ban, as far as I am aware, is permanent and can only be revoked if you send a Contact Us with plausible reason as to why the ban should be lifted.
uCR5SCW.png
@Amut

I know you would like an answer from the admins (so would I) about your VIT question, but I just wanted to say that many of the RP games I have played have been similar. Health goes up every level, while most other stats (if not all) need to have points put into them.

I have also played games where either no stats automatically increase or all get a small amount.

I think a lot of this has to do with when you level up, you are technically supposed to be facing higher level monsters. One of the chief ways of making monsters more difficult is to add more health to them. So sometimes you simply need more health than a stat point would give, plus with many games (FR somewhat included) there are so many stats to put points into (and unlike FR, many of those games you need those other stats to advance further without having to either cheat or hope you have the right buffs) that it simply helps to give a slight boost to health without any points needed.

What the Admin's reasoning behind the move would be interesting to know though :)
@Amut

I know you would like an answer from the admins (so would I) about your VIT question, but I just wanted to say that many of the RP games I have played have been similar. Health goes up every level, while most other stats (if not all) need to have points put into them.

I have also played games where either no stats automatically increase or all get a small amount.

I think a lot of this has to do with when you level up, you are technically supposed to be facing higher level monsters. One of the chief ways of making monsters more difficult is to add more health to them. So sometimes you simply need more health than a stat point would give, plus with many games (FR somewhat included) there are so many stats to put points into (and unlike FR, many of those games you need those other stats to advance further without having to either cheat or hope you have the right buffs) that it simply helps to give a slight boost to health without any points needed.

What the Admin's reasoning behind the move would be interesting to know though :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

Thanks for the imput on that (and thanks for pointing me to this thread, I didn't know it was around). I thought the case was similar, I haven't played a lot of RP games that only raised one attribute per level, all of them got a small bonus per level that you could add more points to.

Personally, FR should consider raising all the attributes per level so that each dragon could handle coli enemies of equal level (at least at the rate of only needed a refresh once per battle or so because the fights are close). The points then could actually be used to make particular attributes better, and then we wouldn't need so many. Or at least that's the way I remember FFX working, but again, it's been a long time since I've played.

I'd still love to have a dragon that's high VIT/INT/DEF one of these days.
@Jemadar

Thanks for the imput on that (and thanks for pointing me to this thread, I didn't know it was around). I thought the case was similar, I haven't played a lot of RP games that only raised one attribute per level, all of them got a small bonus per level that you could add more points to.

Personally, FR should consider raising all the attributes per level so that each dragon could handle coli enemies of equal level (at least at the rate of only needed a refresh once per battle or so because the fights are close). The points then could actually be used to make particular attributes better, and then we wouldn't need so many. Or at least that's the way I remember FFX working, but again, it's been a long time since I've played.

I'd still love to have a dragon that's high VIT/INT/DEF one of these days.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut

You're welcome :) I found it a little while ago.

I have played a LOT of RP games, so I don't remember specifics about each one, but I do know that there have been a mixture. Skyrim for example (which I have been playing lately) doesn't raise any of the three main stats (health, magicka, and stamina) so you have to choose which of the three to raise, however they have a ton of attributes that you cannot raise directly but rather raise due to you using them (ie you attack with a sword you raise your sword skill)

I wish I could remember specific of other games, but it has been so long and usually I didn't pay much attention to my stats as long as I could still defeat the enemies :) but I do know that usually if only one stat is raised, it is typically health, and if multiple stats are raised automatically they either raise them all a little bit, or have it randomized which stats are raised.

I think Oblivion was somewhat like that. You had stats that on level up were raised randomly (or randomly while still being somewhat associated with your class) and you could add extra points to various skills.

I can't remember any games that only raised health, so can't give examples there.

Yeah, I sort of wish that FR's stat system was a bit better. Perhaps when the coli rewrite comes out it will get better :) Perhaps each stat could raise say 2 points? Not too big, but at level 25 that would be 50 points for each stat extra (and the 2 points would be independent of how many points it would normally take it to be raised)

The main problem I see with that is that they would need to rework the coli anyways because other wise that extra 50 points in every stat could make the coli WAY to easy (as it is already relatively easy NOW with the right build)
@Amut

You're welcome :) I found it a little while ago.

I have played a LOT of RP games, so I don't remember specifics about each one, but I do know that there have been a mixture. Skyrim for example (which I have been playing lately) doesn't raise any of the three main stats (health, magicka, and stamina) so you have to choose which of the three to raise, however they have a ton of attributes that you cannot raise directly but rather raise due to you using them (ie you attack with a sword you raise your sword skill)

I wish I could remember specific of other games, but it has been so long and usually I didn't pay much attention to my stats as long as I could still defeat the enemies :) but I do know that usually if only one stat is raised, it is typically health, and if multiple stats are raised automatically they either raise them all a little bit, or have it randomized which stats are raised.

I think Oblivion was somewhat like that. You had stats that on level up were raised randomly (or randomly while still being somewhat associated with your class) and you could add extra points to various skills.

I can't remember any games that only raised health, so can't give examples there.

Yeah, I sort of wish that FR's stat system was a bit better. Perhaps when the coli rewrite comes out it will get better :) Perhaps each stat could raise say 2 points? Not too big, but at level 25 that would be 50 points for each stat extra (and the 2 points would be independent of how many points it would normally take it to be raised)

The main problem I see with that is that they would need to rework the coli anyways because other wise that extra 50 points in every stat could make the coli WAY to easy (as it is already relatively easy NOW with the right build)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

Now that I'm thinking about it, the only other game that built stats like you've described in Skyrim is Effort Value training in Pokemon. The fun part is the EV is only visible once the pokemon is capped at lv. 100, so you can see what work you did only after it's all done. Which would be a very interesting thing to start doing here, people would have to level a lot more dragons to their max level . The Bulbapedia already gives the formula used for EV training for each pokemon. Heh, I seriously hate the kamaitachi in the Mire because they dodge something ridiculous. So training against kamaitachi exclusively would up my DEX or SPD.

That would be a pretty interesting way to train up a coli team, the popularity of pokemon, despite it's guts all being dissected does say to me that even if the coli could be dissected similarly it might not get boring as people toyed with EV training with the range of enemies we have. If the elements ever actually made a difference outside of elemental attacks it would multiply the variables by about 11 on top of everything else (then having a balanced team might matter).

Just to give myself a challenge I experiment with other builds. I have one that I think works better than the Culex build, but my next coli trio aren't going to have their Ambushes placed early on so I can judge what the SPD is doing better.
@Jemadar

Now that I'm thinking about it, the only other game that built stats like you've described in Skyrim is Effort Value training in Pokemon. The fun part is the EV is only visible once the pokemon is capped at lv. 100, so you can see what work you did only after it's all done. Which would be a very interesting thing to start doing here, people would have to level a lot more dragons to their max level . The Bulbapedia already gives the formula used for EV training for each pokemon. Heh, I seriously hate the kamaitachi in the Mire because they dodge something ridiculous. So training against kamaitachi exclusively would up my DEX or SPD.

That would be a pretty interesting way to train up a coli team, the popularity of pokemon, despite it's guts all being dissected does say to me that even if the coli could be dissected similarly it might not get boring as people toyed with EV training with the range of enemies we have. If the elements ever actually made a difference outside of elemental attacks it would multiply the variables by about 11 on top of everything else (then having a balanced team might matter).

Just to give myself a challenge I experiment with other builds. I have one that I think works better than the Culex build, but my next coli trio aren't going to have their Ambushes placed early on so I can judge what the SPD is doing better.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut

While I think it would be interesting to have something like that in FR, I don't really think it would affect how far dragons are leveled. Right now, if people level dragons, they are either training fodder for exalt, training a team to train fodder, or training to sell, which means they tend to take it to level 25 anyways.

One of my main hesitations in changing the way the coli works is because it is simple now. While I am all for more complicated systems, I would prefer that to NOT be on a pet site (or dragon site) where I actually have to think about my moves ;)

I just wish that there were more viable builds in the coliseum. I know you CAN use different builds, but it tends to get a lot harder.

Truthfully, don't even know what build I am using, I got a level 25 as a gift when I first started, and so once I figured out what was going on, I started patterning my builds after her. I am going to give my two trainer dragons less VIT and more INT/STR than her (one is a healer) but other wise pretty similar.
@Amut

While I think it would be interesting to have something like that in FR, I don't really think it would affect how far dragons are leveled. Right now, if people level dragons, they are either training fodder for exalt, training a team to train fodder, or training to sell, which means they tend to take it to level 25 anyways.

One of my main hesitations in changing the way the coli works is because it is simple now. While I am all for more complicated systems, I would prefer that to NOT be on a pet site (or dragon site) where I actually have to think about my moves ;)

I just wish that there were more viable builds in the coliseum. I know you CAN use different builds, but it tends to get a lot harder.

Truthfully, don't even know what build I am using, I got a level 25 as a gift when I first started, and so once I figured out what was going on, I started patterning my builds after her. I am going to give my two trainer dragons less VIT and more INT/STR than her (one is a healer) but other wise pretty similar.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 70 71