Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 753 754
Hi folks! Before we get started, just a quick note: We've noticed an increase in ETA and suggestion-type questions. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998]We do not and cannot provide time estimates, schedules, or feedback on suggestions. [/url] Thank you! [br][br] ----- [br][br] [quote]Also, have the deities have made an attempt to take each other's territory? For example: Has Plaguebringer ever made a move on the Sea of a Thousand Currents to start a viral epidemic? Has Lightweaver ever made a move on the Tangled Woods to bring the Sunbeam Ruins in its entirety back to Light (It does say "The earth here is literally sunken, as if half of the Sunbeam Ruins fell away into darkness willingly" in the detailed description).[/quote] There are constant and unrelenting pushes for elemental domains happening all the time! On the gameplay side, these incursions are tracked via the [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dominance]weekly Dominance chart[/url][/b]. Lorewise, the deities are definitely throwing their weight around and there are long-standing bitter rivalries to hash out. [br][br] [quote]2: Are the Encyclopedia articles on the history of Sornieth literal truth, or are these dragon legends? (Are the deities actual gods, or just super-powerful ancient entities the dragons chose to revere?)[/quote] [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki]The Encyclopedia chapters[/url][/b] are the actual events that occurred and were not penned by any specific dragon; they exist outside the written history to give players the most well-rounded account of the history of [i]Flight Rising[/i]. Legends that dragons tell to each other are likely much more colored, depending on their elemental affiliation. As for the deities themselves, they are borne directly of the coalescence of their given element, rather than natural birth. They are the embodied, corporeal forms of Fire, Water, etc. [br][br] [quote]Is arcane magic adaptable? If an arcane dragon wanted to manipulate plant matter, would it would somewhat (depending on skill level of the derg, ofc), or would it hurt the plants? Also, is arcane magic more volatile than it is practical?[/quote] Arcane magic is the most unpredictable of the elements, as it doesn't directly adhere/translate to physical events in the world. Arcane deals with cosmology and sometimes the very makeup of Sornieth's atoms and molecules, so attempting to wield it is a very difficult task. [br][br] [quote]If artists are allowed to apply through Contact Us, are coders allowed to apply? Is there some kind of 'portfolio' they should send in, or some way that they could also offer help?[/quote] If you are interested in working for [i]Flight Rising[/i] in any capacity please feel free to send us your resume and portfolio through [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us][b]Contact Us[/b][/url]. Please note that you [b]must be over 18[/b] to work for us. [br][br] [quote]I know there is a big coliseum overhaul re-write in process, but I'm curious. Do all the new recent additions to the coliseum make it easier or harder to accomplish that? Or are you writing the new additions in a forwards compatible way so that they won't hinder the re-write overhaul? I'm really just wondering how the integration for new stuff is happening- and if it's even possible to write code for new monsters/drops that will be both backwards and forwards compatible. Or are you writing both upon any new creation? Thanks![/quote] Adding new content to the [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/coliseum]Coliseum[/url][/b] does not impede on its conversion. We've built content and coded sections of the Coliseum to be autonomous. Our art team is able to work to implement new items, opponents, and venues in a way that does not alter or affect the Coliseum's code, and the new rebuild will be able to draw from this pool of assets when it is implemented. [br][br] [quote]I'm sure you get this asked often. But how is the unnamed exalt hiding feature coming along? I don't need an ETA or something. Just a little 'we now know the problem and work to fix it' or a 'we are still a bit clueless what caused the problem' would be nice. At the same time I found that I (and other users) are unsure how it was intendet to work in the first place? Would it only hida unnamed+exalted offspring? Or all exalted? All unnamed? Or could users select which dragons to show/un-show?[/quote] Exalted Offspring list separate from non-exalted offspring is a development on an indefinite hold while we work on the site rewrite. We would eventually like to integrate this feature back in, but only at a point where it will not cause gameplay disruption and can be built alongside the rewritten systems. [br][br] [quote]Also, I have another one-the Sprangyroos are mercenaries for the Longnecks. I would guess this would make them a Beastclan as well. Are they considered to be part of the Longnecks or are they too similar in culture to them/too small in comparison to be anything of note? Furthermore, the Aviars in Harpy's Roost-are they a Beastclan as well and do they help out the Harpies?[/quote] Sprangyroo are their own minor Beastclans. Due to their diminutive spread, they don't make a huge impact on Dominance or the wider Beastclan activities. [br][br] [quote]Are dryads sentient creatures?[/quote] Yep! [br][br] [quote]My question is about chests. (rusted, iron, and gilded) When does the content establish inside? The moment it is generated, or the moment it is opened? Could I in theory buy a chest that someone had had for years and get something really old or not?[/quote] The contents of Eggs and Chests are determined at the time the item is opened, not when it was acquired. For all purposes, one egg or chest is the same as another. [br][br] [quote]It was mentioned in the last update that Baldwin's was going to be altered so that experience wasn't vanishing into the ether and would count towards the next level. Currently, however, the exp caps at seven. I was just curious if this is intended until the next recipes are released or if it will be changed in the future to let us continue to level?[/quote] Level 7 will remain the cap until it has recipes. When we release level 7 recipes, we will raise the level cap to 8 so that players who wish to immediately craft the level 7 recipes have somewhere for the experience to go. This method will continue, as we feel it removes the penalty of lost experience for wanting to craft the highest level of alchemy recipe. [br][br] [quote]Is there a plan to add more games to the fairgrounds?[/quote] Yes! As we have mentioned in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1421332][b][i]Words on the Wind[/i] Volume 12[/b][/url], we have a new game in the works called [b]Artifracture[/b]. We will continue to add new faire games as future updates. [br][br] [quote]Will commas ever be integrated into treasure and gem amount displays? It would make it SO much easier to read.[/quote] This is something we could speak with our engineering team about, but we don't currently have any plans to integrate commas into larger totals. [br][br] [quote]If I want to start all over on FR, and I sell all my items and dragons. And I leave that account, to never play on that account again, can I make a new one and use that one?[/quote] No, that is against the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use][b]Terms of Use[/b][/url]. But! There [i]are[/i] ways for players to experience [i]Flight Rising[/i] anew. Two are site features and the last two, we've seen players do when they want to "start over." [list] [*]Flight Change [*]Username Change [*]Clearing out your Lair through Exalting, Auction House, or trades [*]Selling off or giving away your items, apparel, Familiars, etc. [/list] If you're interested in changing your Flight or username, every player receives one (1) free Flight and username change! You can find these options in your Account Settings. [br][br] [quote]How does one become a Mod?[/quote] If a player is interested in becoming a volunteer moderator, they should send us a message through [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us][b]Contact Us[/b][/url] answering the following questions: [br] [list] [*]What is your [i]Flight Rising[/i] username? [*]Are you over 18? [*]Why do you want to join the volunteer mod squad? [*]What is your experience with in moderation and communities like [i]Flight Rising[/i]’s? [*]Any other skills or previous activities that might lend well towards community and forum moderation are huge pluses! [/list][br] Once received, we will process and file the application for future review and consideration.
Hi folks! Before we get started, just a quick note: We've noticed an increase in ETA and suggestion-type questions. We do not and cannot provide time estimates, schedules, or feedback on suggestions. Thank you!

Quote:
Also, have the deities have made an attempt to take each other's territory? For example: Has Plaguebringer ever made a move on the Sea of a Thousand Currents to start a viral epidemic? Has Lightweaver ever made a move on the Tangled Woods to bring the Sunbeam Ruins in its entirety back to Light (It does say "The earth here is literally sunken, as if half of the Sunbeam Ruins fell away into darkness willingly" in the detailed description).

There are constant and unrelenting pushes for elemental domains happening all the time! On the gameplay side, these incursions are tracked via the weekly Dominance chart. Lorewise, the deities are definitely throwing their weight around and there are long-standing bitter rivalries to hash out.

Quote:
2: Are the Encyclopedia articles on the history of Sornieth literal truth, or are these dragon legends? (Are the deities actual gods, or just super-powerful ancient entities the dragons chose to revere?)

The Encyclopedia chapters are the actual events that occurred and were not penned by any specific dragon; they exist outside the written history to give players the most well-rounded account of the history of Flight Rising. Legends that dragons tell to each other are likely much more colored, depending on their elemental affiliation. As for the deities themselves, they are borne directly of the coalescence of their given element, rather than natural birth. They are the embodied, corporeal forms of Fire, Water, etc.

Quote:
Is arcane magic adaptable? If an arcane dragon wanted to manipulate plant matter, would it would somewhat (depending on skill level of the derg, ofc), or would it hurt the plants? Also, is arcane magic more volatile than it is practical?

Arcane magic is the most unpredictable of the elements, as it doesn't directly adhere/translate to physical events in the world. Arcane deals with cosmology and sometimes the very makeup of Sornieth's atoms and molecules, so attempting to wield it is a very difficult task.

Quote:
If artists are allowed to apply through Contact Us, are coders allowed to apply? Is there some kind of 'portfolio' they should send in, or some way that they could also offer help?

If you are interested in working for Flight Rising in any capacity please feel free to send us your resume and portfolio through Contact Us. Please note that you must be over 18 to work for us.

Quote:
I know there is a big coliseum overhaul re-write in process, but I'm curious. Do all the new recent additions to the coliseum make it easier or harder to accomplish that? Or are you writing the new additions in a forwards compatible way so that they won't hinder the re-write overhaul? I'm really just wondering how the integration for new stuff is happening- and if it's even possible to write code for new monsters/drops that will be both backwards and forwards compatible. Or are you writing both upon any new creation? Thanks!

Adding new content to the Coliseum does not impede on its conversion. We've built content and coded sections of the Coliseum to be autonomous. Our art team is able to work to implement new items, opponents, and venues in a way that does not alter or affect the Coliseum's code, and the new rebuild will be able to draw from this pool of assets when it is implemented.

Quote:
I'm sure you get this asked often. But how is the unnamed exalt hiding feature coming along? I don't need an ETA or something. Just a little 'we now know the problem and work to fix it' or a 'we are still a bit clueless what caused the problem' would be nice.

At the same time I found that I (and other users) are unsure how it was intendet to work in the first place? Would it only hida unnamed+exalted offspring? Or all exalted? All unnamed? Or could users select which dragons to show/un-show?

Exalted Offspring list separate from non-exalted offspring is a development on an indefinite hold while we work on the site rewrite. We would eventually like to integrate this feature back in, but only at a point where it will not cause gameplay disruption and can be built alongside the rewritten systems.

Quote:
Also, I have another one-the Sprangyroos are mercenaries for the Longnecks. I would guess this would make them a Beastclan as well. Are they considered to be part of the Longnecks or are they too similar in culture to them/too small in comparison to be anything of note? Furthermore, the Aviars in Harpy's Roost-are they a Beastclan as well and do they help out the Harpies?

Sprangyroo are their own minor Beastclans. Due to their diminutive spread, they don't make a huge impact on Dominance or the wider Beastclan activities.

Quote:
Are dryads sentient creatures?

Yep!

Quote:
My question is about chests. (rusted, iron, and gilded) When does the content establish inside? The moment it is generated, or the moment it is opened? Could I in theory buy a chest that someone had had for years and get something really old or not?

The contents of Eggs and Chests are determined at the time the item is opened, not when it was acquired. For all purposes, one egg or chest is the same as another.

Quote:
It was mentioned in the last update that Baldwin's was going to be altered so that experience wasn't vanishing into the ether and would count towards the next level. Currently, however, the exp caps at seven. I was just curious if this is intended until the next recipes are released or if it will be changed in the future to let us continue to level?

Level 7 will remain the cap until it has recipes. When we release level 7 recipes, we will raise the level cap to 8 so that players who wish to immediately craft the level 7 recipes have somewhere for the experience to go. This method will continue, as we feel it removes the penalty of lost experience for wanting to craft the highest level of alchemy recipe.

Quote:
Is there a plan to add more games to the fairgrounds?

Yes! As we have mentioned in Words on the Wind Volume 12, we have a new game in the works called Artifracture. We will continue to add new faire games as future updates.

Quote:
Will commas ever be integrated into treasure and gem amount displays? It would make it SO much easier to read.

This is something we could speak with our engineering team about, but we don't currently have any plans to integrate commas into larger totals.

Quote:
If I want to start all over on FR, and I sell all my items and dragons. And I leave that account, to never play on that account again, can I make a new one and use that one?

No, that is against the Terms of Use.

But! There are ways for players to experience Flight Rising anew. Two are site features and the last two, we've seen players do when they want to "start over."
  • Flight Change
  • Username Change
  • Clearing out your Lair through Exalting, Auction House, or trades
  • Selling off or giving away your items, apparel, Familiars, etc.

If you're interested in changing your Flight or username, every player receives one (1) free Flight and username change! You can find these options in your Account Settings.

Quote:
How does one become a Mod?

If a player is interested in becoming a volunteer moderator, they should send us a message through Contact Us answering the following questions:

• What is your Flight Rising username?
  • Are you over 18?
  • Why do you want to join the volunteer mod squad?
  • What is your experience with in moderation and communities like Flight Rising’s?
  • Any other skills or previous activities that might lend well towards community and forum moderation are huge pluses!

Once received, we will process and file the application for future review and consideration.
Sprangryroo are beastclans!?
Sprangryroo are beastclans!?
H9klr6C.png
Will the coliseum rewrite include fixes to various known glitches in it (such as the first turn being skipped, the thing where using an eliminate reduces your breath to 85 in the next battle, etc), or will those be looked at after the rewrite?
Will the coliseum rewrite include fixes to various known glitches in it (such as the first turn being skipped, the thing where using an eliminate reduces your breath to 85 in the next battle, etc), or will those be looked at after the rewrite?
Are there any plans to have both the Wandering Surge Priests and the Fan Scorpion released as familiars?

Edit: Also are there any plans to make clothing available for eternally youthful dragons?
Are there any plans to have both the Wandering Surge Priests and the Fan Scorpion released as familiars?

Edit: Also are there any plans to make clothing available for eternally youthful dragons?
rossignol.gif
Also the Sprangyroo thing is rad and now I need to make new bios lol
Also the Sprangyroo thing is rad and now I need to make new bios lol
rossignol.gif
So the "people" in the second age...were they humans or some sort of Beastclan?

When dragons cast spells, do the bolts come from their mouths? Or do they come from their talons? Same for the elemental slash attacks?
So the "people" in the second age...were they humans or some sort of Beastclan?

When dragons cast spells, do the bolts come from their mouths? Or do they come from their talons? Same for the elemental slash attacks?
When a user creates lore for their clan/dragon/whatever, is it canon, even if it contradicts site lore?
When a user creates lore for their clan/dragon/whatever, is it canon, even if it contradicts site lore?
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
So if pearlcatchers and imperial have a rivalry do skkdancers and whichever breed that originates from the same place have a rivalry too?
So if pearlcatchers and imperial have a rivalry do skkdancers and whichever breed that originates from the same place have a rivalry too?
q1aVYVt.pngZQRKwMz.pngshadowbinder.png
Are there any plans to add achievements for breeding the newer genes like there are for older ones?

Also related to achievements, why are the achievements for obtaining elemental eggs under 'breeding' if you can't get them through breeding? I was thinking 'gathering' would be better, but you can also buy eggs, so I suppose 'miscellaneous' would be a more fitting category, no?

Silly questions but okay, lol
Are there any plans to add achievements for breeding the newer genes like there are for older ones?

Also related to achievements, why are the achievements for obtaining elemental eggs under 'breeding' if you can't get them through breeding? I was thinking 'gathering' would be better, but you can also buy eggs, so I suppose 'miscellaneous' would be a more fitting category, no?

Silly questions but okay, lol
vista_spiral1.png.....vistafestival_2.png.....vista_spiral1.png
Have to ask again. Is the Beastclan symbol the Neutral circle we see in the coli? And/Or if the Beastclans weren't at war with dragons. Would the elements the monsters and enemies have be which dragon god they'd be affiliated with?
Have to ask again. Is the Beastclan symbol the Neutral circle we see in the coli? And/Or if the Beastclans weren't at war with dragons. Would the elements the monsters and enemies have be which dragon god they'd be affiliated with?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 753 754