Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 70 71
@Jemadar Agreed, though I do know people who train to lv. 25 just to exalt them. Admittedly, they aren't a lot of them. EV training probably wouldn't affect your average coli player, but would give anyone number-inclined something else to do while doing the same rounds there.

Also a good point, but I have been seeing the semi-standard complaint that there's "nothing to do", and I kind of see their point. Unless someone is very heavy into RPing, there isn't much to do, you can buy basically any dragon with genes much cheaper than it would be to gene your own, the fairgrounds are rather flat because of the time-based games. And the coli causes wrist pain if you use it for too long. I'm holding out hope that Adventure Mode brings something more to the table. But if all we have is AH and coli, I'd prefer that coli gets the option to be a bit more complicated.

Mostly my ev comment was to help create more viable builds for the coli. Glass cannon is the only build that works for anything more than one or two battles. I remember when I first started I didn't know the coli was shifted that way and raised every stat equally. Something's wrong when equal stats can't even have the dragon survive a single fight in the Woodland path venue (and that was long before most of the new enemies were added). At least with ev training you may still need a glass cannon to get by, but if you fight greatshells all day at least your defense will also get some gains. As it is, someone's already gone venue-by-venue and reported the stats and actual point assignment of all of the coli enemies anyway.

The Culex and Kiena builds are the best, but the Kiena build has fallen out of favor with the introduction of more level bosses. I never really liked the Kiena build (which was meant to train two fodder at once in the MIre) because of all the constant refreshing needed to work it, not to mention the damage the dodges can do to your Breath. Culex is basically the standard for coli grinding or leveling for anything. If you got a dragon as a gift or raffle,chances are it uses a Culex build.
@Jemadar Agreed, though I do know people who train to lv. 25 just to exalt them. Admittedly, they aren't a lot of them. EV training probably wouldn't affect your average coli player, but would give anyone number-inclined something else to do while doing the same rounds there.

Also a good point, but I have been seeing the semi-standard complaint that there's "nothing to do", and I kind of see their point. Unless someone is very heavy into RPing, there isn't much to do, you can buy basically any dragon with genes much cheaper than it would be to gene your own, the fairgrounds are rather flat because of the time-based games. And the coli causes wrist pain if you use it for too long. I'm holding out hope that Adventure Mode brings something more to the table. But if all we have is AH and coli, I'd prefer that coli gets the option to be a bit more complicated.

Mostly my ev comment was to help create more viable builds for the coli. Glass cannon is the only build that works for anything more than one or two battles. I remember when I first started I didn't know the coli was shifted that way and raised every stat equally. Something's wrong when equal stats can't even have the dragon survive a single fight in the Woodland path venue (and that was long before most of the new enemies were added). At least with ev training you may still need a glass cannon to get by, but if you fight greatshells all day at least your defense will also get some gains. As it is, someone's already gone venue-by-venue and reported the stats and actual point assignment of all of the coli enemies anyway.

The Culex and Kiena builds are the best, but the Kiena build has fallen out of favor with the introduction of more level bosses. I never really liked the Kiena build (which was meant to train two fodder at once in the MIre) because of all the constant refreshing needed to work it, not to mention the damage the dodges can do to your Breath. Culex is basically the standard for coli grinding or leveling for anything. If you got a dragon as a gift or raffle,chances are it uses a Culex build.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut

Yeah, I wish there was more to do, but I don't think making the coliseum as hard as a RP game is really the way to do it. I think adding new content in is the way to go. (such as the adventure mode). I think a lot of people tend to forget that this IS a fairly new site with a small staff (or at least that is what I understand) so it is just starting out, AND they can't add content to make it like Neopets, Gaia or any of the other large and much older pet sites immediately. I would rather the Coli be revamped so that there are more useful builds and the stats that we have are more useful, but I don't really want it to be more complicated. As for the fairgrounds games. I have to agree with you there. The only one I can play with any regularity is Shock Switch. And I played myself out of that my first week on site. the Puzzle game is good, but low payout and a few issues ( Ijust want to be able to sweep all puzzle pieces to the side at once instead of click and moving each piece individually), The bubbles game is nice, but again low payout and I am used to the Neopets one where it goes faster. Artifracture... *ugh* I too often run out of time waiting for it to decide that I did indeed make a move.

Yeah, I do want more viable builds and more options for the coliseum. I have a healer who can defeat some enemies in one blow that my scratch/eliminate level 25 can't (and my healer is level 23). BUT he is water, so that is only a few of the enemies. While I can understand not making magic better than eliminate (as it would be too overpowering), I feel they have made mage builds underpowered because in order to truly work, you have to only go up against enemies weak to your dragon's element. You can't switch attacks like you can in most RP games (ie get an enemy resistant to fire, you switch to a water base attack etc..) you are stuck with water based because to get a mage that can do any damage you have to have its int high, at the expense usually of STR.

Yeah, I rarely refresh in the coliseum, I just tend to swear a lot at the dodges...

But I do agree with you that the coliseum does need a revamp (and it is getting one) I just hope that they don't make it complicated but rather make it interesting :)
@Amut

Yeah, I wish there was more to do, but I don't think making the coliseum as hard as a RP game is really the way to do it. I think adding new content in is the way to go. (such as the adventure mode). I think a lot of people tend to forget that this IS a fairly new site with a small staff (or at least that is what I understand) so it is just starting out, AND they can't add content to make it like Neopets, Gaia or any of the other large and much older pet sites immediately. I would rather the Coli be revamped so that there are more useful builds and the stats that we have are more useful, but I don't really want it to be more complicated. As for the fairgrounds games. I have to agree with you there. The only one I can play with any regularity is Shock Switch. And I played myself out of that my first week on site. the Puzzle game is good, but low payout and a few issues ( Ijust want to be able to sweep all puzzle pieces to the side at once instead of click and moving each piece individually), The bubbles game is nice, but again low payout and I am used to the Neopets one where it goes faster. Artifracture... *ugh* I too often run out of time waiting for it to decide that I did indeed make a move.

Yeah, I do want more viable builds and more options for the coliseum. I have a healer who can defeat some enemies in one blow that my scratch/eliminate level 25 can't (and my healer is level 23). BUT he is water, so that is only a few of the enemies. While I can understand not making magic better than eliminate (as it would be too overpowering), I feel they have made mage builds underpowered because in order to truly work, you have to only go up against enemies weak to your dragon's element. You can't switch attacks like you can in most RP games (ie get an enemy resistant to fire, you switch to a water base attack etc..) you are stuck with water based because to get a mage that can do any damage you have to have its int high, at the expense usually of STR.

Yeah, I rarely refresh in the coliseum, I just tend to swear a lot at the dodges...

But I do agree with you that the coliseum does need a revamp (and it is getting one) I just hope that they don't make it complicated but rather make it interesting :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Hanabikun I can't find the quote but one of the admins essentially stated that level 25 was the current cap until the coliseum was rewritten.

@Candlelit97 the reason snappers have wing is because they are necessary for secondary genes to work. In addition all breeds need arms, legs and wings and a tail for the apparel system to work correctly. I'm not sure if there is a lore reason for snappers having wings, but that's the technical reason.

@Hanabikun I can't find the quote but one of the admins essentially stated that level 25 was the current cap until the coliseum was rewritten.

@Candlelit97 the reason snappers have wing is because they are necessary for secondary genes to work. In addition all breeds need arms, legs and wings and a tail for the apparel system to work correctly. I'm not sure if there is a lore reason for snappers having wings, but that's the technical reason.

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage oh thank you! So at least there is a possibility!
@DragonSage oh thank you! So at least there is a possibility!
Tumblr|||Wishlist
@Hanabikun you are quite welcome. I do hope the coliseum rewrite is coming along well.

@CallOfNoivern @Natakiro the AH fee acts as a small treasure sink and helps remove treasure from circulation which helps prevent inflation. Lore wise it's the payment of the courier dragons

@TheBlueGuardian I can't find the quote, but it doesn't affect dominance, its just a small treasure bonus for you
@Hanabikun you are quite welcome. I do hope the coliseum rewrite is coming along well.

@CallOfNoivern @Natakiro the AH fee acts as a small treasure sink and helps remove treasure from circulation which helps prevent inflation. Lore wise it's the payment of the courier dragons

@TheBlueGuardian I can't find the quote, but it doesn't affect dominance, its just a small treasure bonus for you
@DragonSage

Thanks for the info!
@DragonSage

Thanks for the info!
rgKmAZX.pngJuNQ6Ts.pngRmHSCAk.png9KuTKv8.pngFSjGDWP.png
@DragonSage Ah, okay! That's what I was leaning toward. Thank you! :3
@DragonSage Ah, okay! That's what I was leaning toward. Thank you! :3
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
@MewFanGirl [img]http://i.imgur.com/zBwCT5U.png[/img] The capes without the outline are the coatl, the nocturne and a third low slung unknown breed. There was another art stream, this one of the tunics. This one doesn't have the hints the capes does, but the 'nope' blocks suggests that at the time they were working on five breeds (the coatl, the nocturne, the low slung breed and two other breeds) [img]http://i.imgur.com/q1PHUJe.png[/img]
@MewFanGirl
zBwCT5U.png
The capes without the outline are the coatl, the nocturne and a third low slung unknown breed. There was another art stream, this one of the tunics. This one doesn't have the hints the capes does, but the 'nope' blocks suggests that at the time they were working on five breeds (the coatl, the nocturne, the low slung breed and two other breeds)
q1PHUJe.png
@Jemadar

I agree that making the coli "hard" may not be the best way to go, but adding more variety to it would be. I played Pokemon from R/B/Y all the way through up to Ruby and Sapphire, had fun, beat the games just as comfortably without ever touching ev training, though ev training has been a part of the system since the beginning of the game, from what I understand, I just leveled and adjusted my move sets as desired.

I don't think adding ev training to the coii would make it "harder" for players, but it would just add something else for interested parties to do. As far as hard goes, it'd only be hard for the engineers to sit and assign values to coli enemies, if they implemented it quietly I honestly doubt 95% of the player-base would even notice the change/improvement. It might just make a niche market for specially trained dragons from individuals who are inclined to work them. As it is, the elements of the dragons make no difference either. There's no intrinsic difference between attacking a Light enemy with a Lightning dragon or an Earth dragon, though according to the StrengthXWeakness chart there should be.

I guess I'd just like for the coli to be able to use half of the features that it already has. There's no point to regular Might/Acuity or Hybrid fragments because they all have worse effects than Berserker and Ambush stones. There's no point to using Bolts or Slashes because they take too long to build Breath for and a Dodge undoes all of the time spent. Bolster/Ward/Reflect are also fairly useless because it leaves you open to attack while wasting a turn and not delivering any Breath unless you're attacked, while your enemy attacks the dragon next to the one you warded, Regeneration takes too long to work well in a fast fight when Aid gets you all of the recoverable health at once.

There are a lot of ways to play the coli, you use mages, but I had to dump mine because they're underpowered like you said, and use physical builds instead (I keep contuse though, since even a lv. 1 dragon can give the same contuse effects as a lv. 25), but basically only one way to play well, and I think that's what people find "boring" about the coli.

Did you know we were supposed to have two other attacking stones? Apparently the devs could never get them to work right so they canceled them, so far the only trace of it is from really old forum posts from 2014. But man would I love Double-Scratch or Breath Share, I think that's what a lot of the other stones were meant to be used with.

As far as the Fairgrounds go. I would kind of like to know what minimum specs FR is designed for. I expected things to be a little slow on my '09 Macbook, but even on my 2015 Toshiba, the runestones is unbearably slow to respond. (I've mentioned it before but get told it works fine), but still, it sucks to burn 3 seconds waiting for two tiles to flip over when you only have 15 seconds to start with. Artifracture needs a pause button because I have ths same issue as you, and the same lag I have with Runestones I have with Shock Switch. About the only games I can play are Jigsaw and Tidal Trouble. Jigsaw does suffer from having an areas that's too small to move pieces over well, so there's way too much clicking to even do a easy-level puzzle and Tidal Trouble is very nice, but has too low a payout, 30k in 4 hours is really no fun, and the best I've ever done in Fairgrounds since I started playing.

Actually, since we have a hard 75k cap. I don't know why they can't just have it pay out ~1k per Tidal Trouble round. That's still 75 rounds I have to play, there's no refreshing on that page so they aren't getting add revenue by making me play it 214 times with only ~350 as an average reward. There isn't even any bonuses for a fast game or knocking out a large amount of bubbles at once, nor is there a high scorer table, it really is a completely isolated game. Sometimes I don't understand the dev logic on their game payouts, especially with a cap in place and no constant stream of ads refreshing themselves on the game pages.

Say, do you want to move this conversation to PM? I'm finding it rather fun and interesting, but I don't want to clutter up this discussion thread too much or have someone jump in to mod it.
@Jemadar

I agree that making the coli "hard" may not be the best way to go, but adding more variety to it would be. I played Pokemon from R/B/Y all the way through up to Ruby and Sapphire, had fun, beat the games just as comfortably without ever touching ev training, though ev training has been a part of the system since the beginning of the game, from what I understand, I just leveled and adjusted my move sets as desired.

I don't think adding ev training to the coii would make it "harder" for players, but it would just add something else for interested parties to do. As far as hard goes, it'd only be hard for the engineers to sit and assign values to coli enemies, if they implemented it quietly I honestly doubt 95% of the player-base would even notice the change/improvement. It might just make a niche market for specially trained dragons from individuals who are inclined to work them. As it is, the elements of the dragons make no difference either. There's no intrinsic difference between attacking a Light enemy with a Lightning dragon or an Earth dragon, though according to the StrengthXWeakness chart there should be.

I guess I'd just like for the coli to be able to use half of the features that it already has. There's no point to regular Might/Acuity or Hybrid fragments because they all have worse effects than Berserker and Ambush stones. There's no point to using Bolts or Slashes because they take too long to build Breath for and a Dodge undoes all of the time spent. Bolster/Ward/Reflect are also fairly useless because it leaves you open to attack while wasting a turn and not delivering any Breath unless you're attacked, while your enemy attacks the dragon next to the one you warded, Regeneration takes too long to work well in a fast fight when Aid gets you all of the recoverable health at once.

There are a lot of ways to play the coli, you use mages, but I had to dump mine because they're underpowered like you said, and use physical builds instead (I keep contuse though, since even a lv. 1 dragon can give the same contuse effects as a lv. 25), but basically only one way to play well, and I think that's what people find "boring" about the coli.

Did you know we were supposed to have two other attacking stones? Apparently the devs could never get them to work right so they canceled them, so far the only trace of it is from really old forum posts from 2014. But man would I love Double-Scratch or Breath Share, I think that's what a lot of the other stones were meant to be used with.

As far as the Fairgrounds go. I would kind of like to know what minimum specs FR is designed for. I expected things to be a little slow on my '09 Macbook, but even on my 2015 Toshiba, the runestones is unbearably slow to respond. (I've mentioned it before but get told it works fine), but still, it sucks to burn 3 seconds waiting for two tiles to flip over when you only have 15 seconds to start with. Artifracture needs a pause button because I have ths same issue as you, and the same lag I have with Runestones I have with Shock Switch. About the only games I can play are Jigsaw and Tidal Trouble. Jigsaw does suffer from having an areas that's too small to move pieces over well, so there's way too much clicking to even do a easy-level puzzle and Tidal Trouble is very nice, but has too low a payout, 30k in 4 hours is really no fun, and the best I've ever done in Fairgrounds since I started playing.

Actually, since we have a hard 75k cap. I don't know why they can't just have it pay out ~1k per Tidal Trouble round. That's still 75 rounds I have to play, there's no refreshing on that page so they aren't getting add revenue by making me play it 214 times with only ~350 as an average reward. There isn't even any bonuses for a fast game or knocking out a large amount of bubbles at once, nor is there a high scorer table, it really is a completely isolated game. Sometimes I don't understand the dev logic on their game payouts, especially with a cap in place and no constant stream of ads refreshing themselves on the game pages.

Say, do you want to move this conversation to PM? I'm finding it rather fun and interesting, but I don't want to clutter up this discussion thread too much or have someone jump in to mod it.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@SadieWitch you'll be able to trade three dragons at a time in crossroads 2.0

@Werelynx its randomly generated from the breed's possible range
@SadieWitch you'll be able to trade three dragons at a time in crossroads 2.0

@Werelynx its randomly generated from the breed's possible range
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 70 71