Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A Discussion Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70 71
@Elaendorlien, you're welcome. Glad you had fun going back through. Maybe when I have a decent amount of free time, I'll have to do the same. That forgotten lore you speak of could be fun to read. :D
@Elaendorlien, you're welcome. Glad you had fun going back through. Maybe when I have a decent amount of free time, I'll have to do the same. That forgotten lore you speak of could be fun to read. :D
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

tureksig_by_bajanmightyena-db8x88k.png saTxNdL.png XsRzZWG.png durlacsig_by_bajanmightyena-dafdwea.png Wsu677T.png

bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif tureksig_by_bajanmightyena-db8x88k.png egg_nocturne_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-daayxdq.gif saTxNdL.png egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif durlacsig_by_bajanmightyena-dafdwea.png bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif

4678.png[nextcol]
Familiar Trade Shop! [nextcol]3783.png
@PokeRobin

"why are the elemental bears (the real bears) and crowns under cycled out items in the encyclopedia? I though they were suppose to retire"

it was voted on by the community for them to cycle, about when they first showed up. the vote for the bears was here. not sure where the crowns were, but with the crowns it was a question of what festival item would be cycling, instead of if.
@PokeRobin

"why are the elemental bears (the real bears) and crowns under cycled out items in the encyclopedia? I though they were suppose to retire"

it was voted on by the community for them to cycle, about when they first showed up. the vote for the bears was here. not sure where the crowns were, but with the crowns it was a question of what festival item would be cycling, instead of if.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@Cailas
Thank you for telling me, I kind of forgot they said that XD
@Cailas
Thank you for telling me, I kind of forgot they said that XD
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
@Ashenhartkrie the courier dragon's species will not be obtained an a playable breed.
Quote:
Edgar, Pearl, and Spitefire are courier dragons who will travel between territories and delivery items and messages. (Including the ones that reach your inbox!) They’re worldly, flying archives of knowledge, and they freely share this knowledge with new players via tutorial modals.

Each courier dragon has the eyes and powers of the territory in which they were born, but as a species they are not acknowledged as members of the 11 flights and they do not owe allegiance to any flight. As such, you will not see the courier species as an obtainable species in-game, though you’ll see them frequently referenced around the site.

Courier dragons are neutral non-combatents and have free reign of the 11 territories. They provide an essential service between the flights. No flight sanctions the harm of a courier, though it’s not infrequent for clans to attempt to steal the cargo of a courier if they suspect it to be of importance to their enemies. Couriers regard the safe delivery of their cargo as a matter of the utmost importance and personal honor. In fact, we have a project for the fairegrounds in-the-works that revolves around these little guys and the valiant deliveries that we take for granted in our clan inboxes!
@Ashenhartkrie the courier dragon's species will not be obtained an a playable breed.
Quote:
Edgar, Pearl, and Spitefire are courier dragons who will travel between territories and delivery items and messages. (Including the ones that reach your inbox!) They’re worldly, flying archives of knowledge, and they freely share this knowledge with new players via tutorial modals.

Each courier dragon has the eyes and powers of the territory in which they were born, but as a species they are not acknowledged as members of the 11 flights and they do not owe allegiance to any flight. As such, you will not see the courier species as an obtainable species in-game, though you’ll see them frequently referenced around the site.

Courier dragons are neutral non-combatents and have free reign of the 11 territories. They provide an essential service between the flights. No flight sanctions the harm of a courier, though it’s not infrequent for clans to attempt to steal the cargo of a courier if they suspect it to be of importance to their enemies. Couriers regard the safe delivery of their cargo as a matter of the utmost importance and personal honor. In fact, we have a project for the fairegrounds in-the-works that revolves around these little guys and the valiant deliveries that we take for granted in our clan inboxes!
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage Thank you! I didn't know it had been answered before.
@DragonSage Thank you! I didn't know it had been answered before.
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
@Ashenhartkrie your welcome.
@Ashenhartkrie your welcome.
@Bradymemle

Oh I know the answer to that one! While all the gods are relatively the same power level (Well over 9000 as mused by Aequorin) the first four are the largest of the eleven with the Windsinger being the longest, but the Earthshaker being the heaviest ^^

@Bradymemle

Oh I know the answer to that one! While all the gods are relatively the same power level (Well over 9000 as mused by Aequorin) the first four are the largest of the eleven with the Windsinger being the longest, but the Earthshaker being the heaviest ^^

bdimQ6g.gif
@Savilyn [quote]Will Imperial scrolls make a return just as the Wildclaw scrolls did?[/quote] Imperial scrolls were exclusive to the Kickstarter and are retired. @VNyx [quote]Will Wildclaw scrolls ever comeback? (Like again for a 3rd time I believe reading some of the posts^^) and will it be somewhat attainable, similar to the NotN or will it be like the firebird, and only avaiblae via gems for a limited time?[/quote] Not going to commet on when they'll comeback because I have no idea, but for the otehr part of the questions: Wildclaws have reappeared for a few days a couple of times and each time they were in the gem marketplace and since wildclaw's classification is a Rare Breed (Available for purchase through the Gem Marketplace) ts highly likely that the only way to obtain them when they are cycled is via the gem marketplace. @Yamuerte [quote]How do you go about selecting the skins that represent the monsters that drop them in the coliseum? Do players just happen to submit them and you decide to have them be drops, or are they made by artists who work for the FR team?[/quote] The skins/accents currently dropping in the coliseum were winning skins in skin/accent contests ([url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1010546/1]2013 contest [/url]and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1257982/1]2014 contest[/url]). @shadowrwarrior @Calley @Jelenedraktulsa [quote]would you ever re release cycled out items and familiars such as the sprites or the first four familiars in order to keep the prices from skyrocketing[/quote] [quote]Is there any future plans to bring back retired familiars? Or keep them in cycle as the site grows? For example, during Elemental holidays have it so old holiday familiars could very rarely be found in chests?[/quote] [quote]Will any other retired festival familiars make a come back? As someone who joined during the newest regristration window, I really liked being able to "catch up" with the bears. I really want to get the 2015 familiars and sprites I missed without hunting the Auction House for them.[/quote] Kickstarter, Sprites, Downtime familiars and soldiers are retired not cycled. The admins have stated that retired items will not return. Bears were never retired--they cycle @Mangoeclipse [quote]Will the current NotN coliseum enemies (not counting the jawlockers and kin,) be returning next year as well; or are they exclusive to this year?[/quote] Can't find the quote but in the comments on the announcement thread, one of the admins said they'll be back next year @Ytia [quote]Are you considering adding any new breeds within the next 12 months?[/quote] Admins have preciously stated they plan on releasing one to two breeds a year, other features permitting. @Prophecy [quote]Was every flight put in at once, or did people only have a few to choose from at first?[/quote] When the game opened all the flights were available. @Lumara [quote]Is the direction of the plumage on a Coatl's head and neck determined by gender, or is it just coincidental that females have downward facing feathers and males have raised feathers in their art?[/quote] Coatls have very little sexual dimorphism--their crest is expressive rather than an indicator of sex. The female is relaxed while the male is alert and their crest reflects this.
@Savilyn
Quote:
Will Imperial scrolls make a return just as the Wildclaw scrolls did?
Imperial scrolls were exclusive to the Kickstarter and are retired.

@VNyx
Quote:
Will Wildclaw scrolls ever comeback? (Like again for a 3rd time I believe reading some of the posts^^) and will it be somewhat attainable, similar to the NotN or will it be like the firebird, and only avaiblae via gems for a limited time?
Not going to commet on when they'll comeback because I have no idea, but for the otehr part of the questions: Wildclaws have reappeared for a few days a couple of times and each time they were in the gem marketplace and since wildclaw's classification is a Rare Breed (Available for purchase through the Gem Marketplace) ts highly likely that the only way to obtain them when they are cycled is via the gem marketplace.

@Yamuerte
Quote:
How do you go about selecting the skins that represent the monsters that drop them in the coliseum?
Do players just happen to submit them and you decide to have them be drops, or are they made by artists who work for the FR team?
The skins/accents currently dropping in the coliseum were winning skins in skin/accent contests (2013 contest and 2014 contest).

@shadowrwarrior @Calley @Jelenedraktulsa
Quote:
would you ever re release cycled out items and familiars such as the sprites or the first four familiars in order to keep the prices from skyrocketing
Quote:
Is there any future plans to bring back retired familiars? Or keep them in cycle as the site grows?
For example, during Elemental holidays have it so old holiday familiars could very rarely be found in chests?
Quote:
Will any other retired festival familiars make a come back? As someone who joined during the newest regristration window, I really liked being able to "catch up" with the bears. I really want to get the 2015 familiars and sprites I missed without hunting the Auction House for them.
Kickstarter, Sprites, Downtime familiars and soldiers are retired not cycled. The admins have stated that retired items will not return. Bears were never retired--they cycle

@Mangoeclipse
Quote:
Will the current NotN coliseum enemies (not counting the jawlockers and kin,) be returning next year as well; or are they exclusive to this year?
Can't find the quote but in the comments on the announcement thread, one of the admins said they'll be back next year

@Ytia
Quote:
Are you considering adding any new breeds within the next 12 months?
Admins have preciously stated they plan on releasing one to two breeds a year, other features permitting.

@Prophecy
Quote:
Was every flight put in at once, or did people only have a few to choose from at first?
When the game opened all the flights were available.

@Lumara
Quote:
Is the direction of the plumage on a Coatl's head and neck determined by gender, or is it just coincidental that females have downward facing feathers and males have raised feathers in their art?
Coatls have very little sexual dimorphism--their crest is expressive rather than an indicator of sex. The female is relaxed while the male is alert and their crest reflects this.
@DragonSage

Thank you so much for telling me, I had no idea!
@DragonSage

Thank you so much for telling me, I had no idea!
2BsoOJR.png
hello i collect broken bottles please lmk if you have any going spare thank u
@KairiDragoness: oh my god how have I never noticed the kelp beds bubble before

I'm just sitting in the coli staring at it and wondering how I ever managed to not notice it

for my own answers:
@Prophecy:
All four common breeds were available as starting breeds both in Beta and after the site opened, as were Pearlcatchers, Wildclaws, and Ridgebacks (as breed change scrolls in the Marketplace). Imps, Spirals and Snappers were released during the Kickstarter (and skydancers were sponsored during it), and Coatls and Nocturnes were released after the site opened.

All flights were available for players to choose from from the get-go.

@CallOfNoivern: I believe NOTN ends on the 2nd, though I may be wrong. It is a two-week event.
@KairiDragoness: oh my god how have I never noticed the kelp beds bubble before

I'm just sitting in the coli staring at it and wondering how I ever managed to not notice it

for my own answers:
@Prophecy:
All four common breeds were available as starting breeds both in Beta and after the site opened, as were Pearlcatchers, Wildclaws, and Ridgebacks (as breed change scrolls in the Marketplace). Imps, Spirals and Snappers were released during the Kickstarter (and skydancers were sponsored during it), and Coatls and Nocturnes were released after the site opened.

All flights were available for players to choose from from the get-go.

@CallOfNoivern: I believe NOTN ends on the 2nd, though I may be wrong. It is a two-week event.
ZT1GQLd.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70 71